The Education Forum

Who Are the Moderators and Administrators of the EF-JFKA Now?

Like many EF-JFKA participants, I wonder what is going on behind the scenes. 

The EF-JFKA is privately owned, so we are not entitled to know anything of course. 

In recent months, the forum has struck me (and others) as poorly moderated on many levels, including immoderate posts by moderators, and a strange bias against any post having to do with the RFK assassination.

For many observers, the RFKA1 and the JFKA are linked, the former triggering the latter. They are the same topic, since the true perps are likely behind both assassinations. 

For decades there were RFK1A posts in the EF-JFKA...and now they are banned?

There is a concern that the EF-JFKA is moderated by something of a rump group, which has a limited vision of what the EF-JFKA should be, and its reading audience. I see new membership and participation is feeble---maybe that is the goal?  

30 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Like many EF-JFKA participants, I wonder what is going on behind the scenes. 

The EF-JFKA is privately owned, so we are not entitled to know anything of course. 

In recent months, the forum has struck me (and others) as poorly moderated on many levels, including immoderate posts by moderators, and a strange bias against any post having to do with the RFK assassination.

For many observers, the RFKA1 and the JFKA are linked, the former triggering the latter. They are the same topic, since the true perps are likely behind both assassinations. 

For decades there were RFK1A posts in the EF-JFKA...and now they are banned?

There is a concern that the EF-JFKA is moderated by something of a rump group, which has a limited vision of what the EF-JFKA should be, and its reading audience. I see new membership and participation is feeble---maybe that is the goal?  

I think there is simply a lack of candidates to do the jobs.

Here we could use at least three active moderators (they can work out between them who/when/what).

Some thoughts as I see it, no big changes needed :

- have an admin keep the finances (one that is not also a moderator)

- a voting system (between moderators) for the possible sanctioning of a member

Also a moderator HAS to be independant in a number of cases, or he´ll end up being not only a part of the debate, but also the judge, jury and executioner... that´s just a very bad situation that will run out of control in no time as we have seen IMO.

But finding the right guys or girls to do it, not easy...

1 hour ago, Jean Ceulemans said:

I think there is simply a lack of candidates to do the jobs.

Here we could use at least three active moderators (they can work out between them who/when/what).

Some thoughts as I see it, no big changes needed :

- have an admin keep the finances (one that is not also a moderator)

- a voting system (between moderators) for the possible sanctioning of a member

Also a moderator HAS to be independant in a number of cases, or he´ll end up being not only a part of the debate, but also the judge, jury and executioner... that´s just a very bad situation that will run out of control in no time as we have seen IMO.

But finding the right guys or girls to do it, not easy...

JC-

I have recommended a balanced group of moderators, from across the political spectrum, a trio. 

It might be a good rule for moderators to only moderate, and not engage in EF-JFKA debates. Judges who become hyperventilating plaintiff lawyers....cannot later be seen as judges again.  

Perhaps you are right. No one wants the job. 

6 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

JC-

I have recommended a balanced group of moderators, from across the political spectrum, a trio. 

It might be a good rule for moderators to only moderate, and not engage in EF-JFKA debates. Judges who become hyperventilating plaintiff lawyers....cannot later be seen as judges again.  

Perhaps you are right. No one wants the job. 

Moderating this forum should have nothing to do with political beliefs.

3 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

the RFKA1 and the JFKA are linked, the former triggering the latter. They are the same topic, since the true perps are likely behind both assassinations. 

Do you have any evidence Thane Cesar is in any way connected to Dallas? Any evidence Sirhan is connected to Dallas? Any at all? 

Unless you do, there's nothing connecting the two murders besides both victims being famous brothers, and being widely loathed by extremists of every stripe.

Sirhan absolutely despised Jews, and RFK was an early supporter of Israel:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_F._Kennedy's_1948_visit_to_Palestine

Thane Cesar was a racist right winger.

There were a lot of those walking around in the 60s. Still are today.

Not easy to make the job more attractive.  Perhaps some benefits, don´t know, maybe a nice discount on books or periodicals, access to meetings or events, advanced access to websites like MFF, ... stuff like that, give it a touch more standing could help.  Now the job only has disadvantages as far as I know.  The admin team could be more open towards the members, a lot of us have questions now... Some of us gave nice donations to see it go downhill mainly because of one event.  I was in a hurry to complain about that (with Tom, Greg, and some others), but invain... should not happen again!  I especially protested the language used and the methods, nope... didn´t help.  

Now, if it has to be that way... not for me I can tell you.

This thread should be moved to a Moderator Questions board.

We had a number of very eloquent, accurate comments by experienced forum members on James Gordon's original Administration thread on this topic.

This thread is adding nothing of real quality or value to those original, accurate forum commentaries.

The previous moderators did a stellar job of setting limits on redundant and off-topic posts on the JFKA board.

Their replacement, if I understand the issue correctly, had to do solely with the Pat Speer controversy.

Edited by W. Niederhut

To my knowledge I think its Becket and Larsen?

I don't know who the third one is, or if there is a third one.

The connection to the JFK case in the RFK case is proven by Talbot in Brothers, namely that RFK was going to reopen the JFK case.

Edited by James DiEugenio

1 hour ago, Matt Allison said:

Do you have any evidence Thane Cesar is in any way connected to Dallas? Any evidence Sirhan is connected to Dallas? Any at all? 

Unless you do, there's nothing connecting the two murders besides both victims being famous brothers, and being widely loathed by extremists of every stripe.

Sirhan absolutely despised Jews, and RFK was an early supporter of Israel:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_F._Kennedy's_1948_visit_to_Palestine

Thane Cesar was a racist right winger.

There were a lot of those walking around in the 60s. Still are today.

MA-

"The connection to the JFK case in the RFK case is proven by Talbot in Brothers, namely that RFK was going to reopen the JFK case." James DiEugenio. 

Besides that, as I have asked, who has the resources to perp the RFK1A and the JFKA, and then do a snuff job on both investigations?

If you are so inclined read my recent post on the RFK1A, transferred off the main-bar but you can follow it. 

If you won't read my copy, then read Larry Hancock's review of the RFK1A, see here, certainly comes to the conclusion there was a stifled investigation into the RFK1A. https://www.maryferrell.org/pages/Essay_-_Incomplete_Justice_-_At_the_Ambassador_Hotel.html

Larry Hancock and James D. are right in the front ranks of authorities on these topics. 

As I ask, "If Sirhan, or LHO, were merely demented loners, why the snuff jobs on both investigations?" 

I agree Sirhan was a hateful extremist. But I add, he was easily manipulated for the most foul of ends. 

I am still a moderator.  Mark Knight is still a moderator and administrator.  James Gordon is the owner of the site.  Kathy Beckett resigned over a year ago.  Anyone following recent developments should know James has reasserted his ownership rights and taken away Sandy Larsen's administrator and moderator positions at least in part because of the "Pat Speer controversy."

As this thread is leaning into the possible connection between the JFK assassination and the RFK assassination I need to comment further.  As a moderator I say talk about that all you want, in another thread on that topic.  But, current politics has no business in the JFK Assassination Debate itself more especially during this time in an election year.  The JFK Assassination Debate should not be used as a springboard for any of the candidates. Nothing about any of them.  Such is a proven distraction that leads to arguments.  James or Mark can override me at any time, but I will delete any such references or move threads relating to such.  At the moment we have been asked by more than one member to remove a thread of this nature because of its content and title which I was already considering. 

1 hour ago, Ron Bulman said:

I am still a moderator.  Mark Knight is still a moderator and administrator.  James Gordon is the owner of the site.  Kathy Beckett resigned over a year ago.  Anyone following recent developments should know James has reasserted his ownership rights and taken away Sandy Larsen's administrator and moderator positions at least in part because of the "Pat Speer controversy."

Thanks, I only replied to what was in the topic title, I assumed that was ok?

If it wasn´t for your reply I simply wouldn´t have noticed Sandy now being a member.  And you a moderator again.

I´m ok with all of that, I respect decisions made by the owner.

But I feel an announcement could have been  made, simply in a sticky topic that allows no replies.  Members do have some right to know I presume, not?

Edited by Jean Ceulemans

3 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

Ben- that's no different than saying MLK was murdered by the same people.

It's entirely speculative, bog-standard, conspiracy talk.

There's no evidence. Not even a speck.

I disagree.

Its not like saying King was killed by the same people.

If one reads Brothers that is I think the major point of the book.  That Bobby Kennedy was the first person who suspected a conspiracy in his brother's death. And it closes with this concept with Frank Mankiewicz and Morales. How on earth could Bobby suspect King was killed by a conspiracy while he was on the campaign trail, when it just happened and the main suspect was still on the lam?  

This is an important point, and it should not be obfuscated.

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

I disagree.

Its not like saying King was killed by the same people.

If one reads Brothers that is I think the major point of the book.  That Bobby Kennedy was the first person who suspected a conspiracy in his brother's death. And it closes with this concept with Frank Mankiewicz and Morales. How on earth could Bobby suspect King was killed by a conspiracy while he was on the campaign trail, when it just happened and the main suspect was still on the lam?  

This is an important point, and it should not be obfuscated.

JD-

The key point is that you, and serious researchers like Larry Hancock and Lisa Pease, and many others, have concluded there was a snuff job into a true investigation into the RFK1A. 

OK, that is a consensus among serious JFKA scholars.

Why? Why would an investigation into the RFK1A be suffocated, and who would have the power to pull that off? 

Obviously, if Sirhan were just a "lone nut," as they said about LHO...then there would be no need for a cover-up.

But, the record strongly suggests that neither LHO or Sirhan were "lone nuts." 

If you think Sirhan was "lone nut"...oooof. Actually the case for LHO as a "lone nut" is stronger (though still not believable). 

Sirhan was seen in the company of the polka-dot dress girl in the pantry at the Ambassador just before the RFK1A, and she was seen running from the Ambassador screaming, "We shot Kennedy."  No one saw LHO at all during JFKA and no one was physically seen in his company on 11/22 during or after the JFKA. Indeed, there may have been no LHO accomplices inside the TSBD during the JFKA, although I suspect there were.

Obviously, Sirhan was not alone. 

So, who were his companions?