The Education Forum

The JFK Assassination Records Act Discussion

The pinned JFK Records Act thread has devolved into Water Cooler sniping, so let's try a fresh thread. 

1. There are many within the D-Party establishment calling for Biden to step down. Maybe he will. Or, sadly, maybe Biden will become incapacitated. Happens to us all. 

2. Kamala Harris is the Vice-President, relatively young, and the legal and constitutionally designated successor to an incapacitated President.  

3. The Biden Administration, according to legal scholars and lawyers from the Mary Ferrell Foundation, is engaging in an illegal snuff job on the JFK Records Act. To the layman it certainly seems the spirit of the JFK Records Act has been undermined by rank chicanery.  

4. So, should Biden become incapacitated, and is replaced by President Harris...is there a chance President Harris would change administration policies regarding the JFK Act?

I have no feel for this. Harris not Biden, but she is also something of a non-entity. A curiosity of the current hub-bub about Biden's mental capacities is that no one---no one even in the vast Donk blabber-sphere---is touting Harris as a ready replacement for Biden. 

Will Harris also tumble, should the D-Party stage a intra-party coup, and throw Biden under the bus? Seems likely. 

---30---

There is a strange parallel in the Nixon story to the Harris situation.  Way back when, it was more or less decided by the powers-that-be in DC that Nixon was going to vacation in San Clemente for good. But...Spiro Agnew was the vice president. Oooof. 

In that long ago time (1973), Spiro Agnew was chased out of office on aging Maryland corruption charges, and then WC'er Gerald Ford was installed into the White House, via the Vice Presidency.

Will we see Harris removed from office soon? Who knows? If you do see that, then Biden will tumble next. 

What will that mean for the JFK Records Act? I don't know, but this is a topic very much worth following. 

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Except for one debate, he's never lost.

The reality is that the price of gas will drop significantly in October due to Biden's bold use of the Strategic Petroleum Reserve.

North Carolina.  With abortion on the ballot Florida is also in play.

Dems have been over performing in state and local elections since the Dobbs decision two years ago.

This is no longer a Presidential election.  It's an election for King.

Should the Democratic Party spend the next two months in pitched internecine battle over another nominee, or spend the next four months harping on the consequence of a certain Trump dictatorship?

Buck up, lad.

Well as I recall, you predicted something like 340 electoral votes for Biden and I had 291. I ended up missing one state out of 50, that was Georgia.

Oh! here it is from the 56 year thread. Page 215   Nov. 2nd, 2020!

Cliff:

Final Prediction

Biden   340 electoral votes (Hillary states plus Florida, Georgia, N. Carolina, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, Neb - 1)   85,000,000 popular votes

Trump   198   75,000,000

And here's my final  prediction, Nov. 2nd, Page 216

I think Michigan is Biden. The entire rust belt outside of Ohio as well. Yes Arizona is Biden, as Cliff said.

I don't trust the South or any of the State governments, outside of possibly Florida. But Florida has always teased and failed. Once burned, twice shy.

Biden 291, Trump 247,  

if Biden can get Florida Biden 320, Trump 218

Biden wins by 7-8 million. 2.5 times HC's lead in 2016.

Wow!, I didn't realize I got it exactly right, 7-8  million!

uhhhh feeling lucky Cliff?

If it comes down to voting for Biden, I will.

But you guys better start getting serious. Biden is currently teetering!

This isn't a joke!

2 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

If it comes down to voting for Biden, I will.

But you guys better start getting serious. Biden is currently teetering!

This isn't a joke!

Trump Amplifies Calls to Jail Top Elected Officials, Invokes Military Tribunals

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/07/01/us/politics/trump-liz-cheney-treason-jail.html 

“Donald Trump over the weekend escalated his vows to prosecute his political opponents, circulating posts on his social media website invoking ‘televised military tribunals’ and calling for the jailing of President Biden, Vice President Kamala Harris, Senators Mitch McConnell and Chuck Schumer and former Vice President Mike Pence, among other high-profile politicians,” the New York Times reports.

“Mr. Trump, using his account on Truth Social on Sunday, promoted two posts from other users of the site that called for the jailing of his perceived political enemies.” <quote off>

The entire world is teetering!

Edited by Cliff Varnell

I don´t know what happened to Kamala H.  She made a few mistakes in the beginning (no big deal IMO), was kinda busy with EU matters, did ok for some time, but seemed to slowly disappear in the background.  Were there internal discussions?  I don´t think she´ll be VP again.  

Also, why are a lot of people so surprised with Biden´s performance in the debate?  One has been talking for months about his condition, some mistakes he made, etc  What did they expect? 

Edited by Jean Ceulemans

13 minutes ago, Gerry Down said:

I would imagine Harris would do whatever the CIA told her to do.

Maybe.

Here are Harris' committee assignments in the Senate (see below). She has only one term, so a track record will be thin. 

It does stand out that Harris sat on the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence. The history of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence (SSCI) is notable and includes chairmen such as Barry Goldwater, Arlen Specter and Bob Graham. Yes, that Arlen Specter. 

Somebody thought Harris would fit in on the SSCI, which in some regards means she was expected to not rock the boat. 

Scanty evidence, but I would not bet on Harris opening up the JFK Records, or the Joannides records, or any other records that might shed light on the JFKA/RFK1A. 

4 minutes ago, Jean Ceulemans said:

I don´t know what happened to Kamala H.  She made a few mistakes in the beginning (no big deal IMO), was kinda busy with EU matters, did ok for some time, but seemed to slowly disappear in the background.  Were there internal discussions?  I don´t think she´ll be VP again.  

Also, why are a lot of people so surprised with Biden´s performance in the debate?  One has been talking for months about his condition, some mistakes he made, etc  What did they expect? 

JC--

Thanks for your collegial comments. 

I am with you---it is as if Harris has plummeted through a trapdoor in the floor, which was slammed shut. 

Not one person in the vast Donk blabberama-o-sphere is touting Harris for President. (BTW, the GOP blabber-meisters are just as annoying). 

Harris is a poor public speaker, but hardly that much worse than many recent bumblers, such as George Bush Jr.

Trump is a terrible public speaker. 

I assume that, even in private, Harris makes a very poor impression, perhaps she is sinking into an intractable midlife crisis of some sort, a mental depression. Even party stalwarts can't hold their nose at her, but rather run off. 

Who knows?

Well, fortunately, Ben Cole has taken a belated interest in the subject of the competence and "adequacy" of Executive branch personnel.  Better late than never!

We could have used such circumspection from Ben when the U.S. witnessed the most historically corrupt, inept Presidential administration in history, from 2017-21.

How many Trump staffers ended up in prison?  How many felony indictments?

Nor were Pompeo, Trump, and his inept staffers ever heroic adversaries of the Deep State-- aside from firing FBI Directors, (to halt investigations of the 2016 Trump campaign's numerous contacts with Kremlin officials.)

For the most part, "Trump got rolled by Deep State," as Oliver Stone said in 2017.

In any case, this thread about contemporary politics belongs on the designated JFK Records thread, with Ben Cole's numerous other polemical "Biden Snuff Job" threads about the JFK Records.

We should leave scholarly threads about the JFK Records in the hands of our resident experts-- Simpich, DiEugenio, Schnapf, et.al. 

The political punditry should go elsewhere.

But Ben, evidently, didn't get the memo.

Edited by W. Niederhut

I don´t think Trump really cares about the JFK records, he uses the subject as a tool to gain popularity (as a lot of politicians do with other subjects, but Tr. throws a lot lies in the arena as well).  Populism in the long end rarely does any good for the people, but it works to gain votes... watch France.  The same in the Netherlands and a lot of other EU countries, it worries me.

Again Cliff, yes the stakes are high! Does that make it inevitable that the American voter will wake up to that fact?

it's not that I don't see some reason for staying put and praying Biden doesn't look worse.

You can continue doing what you're doing which is taking a page from George Bush Sr's playbook.

1. Stay the course!!!

2. A thousand points of light!  😀😃😄😗

of course a big question is who wouldl replace Biden?

You can make an argument that at least the public is familiar with Joe. Will it take time for the voter to warm up and get to know the new candidate?

But picking candidates at the convention was what was done for the entire U.S. history of 190 years!

People really didn't know JFK. When JFK won  the Democrat nomination, there was only 14 state primaries!

Actually with  8 years of exposure, almost everybody in the U.S. would like the idea of a fresh candidate and a shorter campaign.

And Trump is a very weak opponent. Particularly with younger people, Both candidates are very weak.

He took a thousand points of light!

And then he said "what's missing?"

People let me tell you what he did!

Sorry pre Beatle!

13 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

The pinned JFK Records Act thread has devolved into Water Cooler sniping, so let's try a fresh thread. 

1. There are many within the D-Party establishment calling for Biden to step down. Maybe he will. Or, sadly, maybe Biden will become incapacitated. Happens to us all. 

2. Kamala Harris is the Vice-President, relatively young, and the legal and constitutionally designated successor to an incapacitated President.  

3. The Biden Administration, according to legal scholars and lawyers from the Mary Ferrell Foundation, is engaging in an illegal snuff job on the JFK Records Act. To the layman it certainly seems the spirit of the JFK Records Act has been undermined by rank chicanery.  

4. So, should Biden become incapacitated, and is replaced by President Harris...is there a chance President Harris would change administration policies regarding the JFK Act?

I have no feel for this. Harris not Biden, but she is also something of a non-entity. A curiosity of the current hub-bub about Biden's mental capacities is that no one---no one even in the vast Donk blabber-sphere---is touting Harris as a ready replacement for Biden. 

Will Harris also tumble, should the D-Party stage a intra-party coup, and throw Biden under the bus? Seems likely. 

---30---

There is a strange parallel in the Nixon story to the Harris situation.  Way back when, it was more or less decided by the powers-that-be in DC that Nixon was going to vacation in San Clemente for good. But...Spiro Agnew was the vice president. Oooof. 

In that long ago time (1973), Spiro Agnew was chased out of office on aging Maryland corruption charges, and then WC'er Gerald Ford was installed into the White House, via the Vice Presidency.

Will we see Harris removed from office soon? Who knows? If you do see that, then Biden will tumble next. 

What will that mean for the JFK Records Act? I don't know, but this is a topic very much worth following. 

As attorney general of California, Harris opposed the appeal by Sirhan Sirhan for parole, so I wouldn’t imagine it would be any different with the JFKA records.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/rfk-sirhan_b_1251410/amp

On February 1, 2012, California Attorney General Kamala Harris officially recommended that the latest appeal of Sirhan Sirhan, convicted in the 1968 murder of Senator Robert Kennedy, should be denied.”

3 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Again Cliff, yes the stakes are high!

Higher by orders of magnitude compared to 28 hours ago.

Does that make it inevitable that the American voter will wake up to that fact?

Trump acts like he's already won and he's laying out his second term agenda -- "televised military tribunals."

We need to help him spread the word.

of course a big question is who wouldl replace Biden?

Biden caught a cold and liberal pundits wet the bed.

28 minutes ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Higher by orders of magnitude compared to 28 hours ago.

Trump acts like he's already won and he's laying out his second term agenda -- "televised military tribunals."

We need to help him spread the word.

Biden caught a cold and liberal pundits wet the bed.

They aren't merely "pundits," Cliff.

They are the leading liberal intellectuals in the U.S.-- e.g., Krugman, Kristof, Norman Soloman, et.al.

Needless to say, any Democrat would be a vastly superior choice for 2025 than the Orange Psychopath-- the worst POTUS in American history, by scholarly consensus.  But a second Biden inauguration could play out like Weekend At Bernie's.

And, now that the Koch/Federalist Society SCOTUS has hijacked the U.S. government and blocked Trump's prosecutions, our democracy is hanging by a thread.

Arguing obsessively about the JFK records in July of 2024 is a bit like fretting about a piece of burned toast while the entire house is burning down.

The JFK records are important, but America's house is currently on fire.

Edited by W. Niederhut

42 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

They aren't merely "pundits," Cliff.

They are the leading liberal intellectuals in the U.S.-- e.g., Krugman, Kristof, Norman Soloman, et.al.

Needless to say, any Democrat would be a vastly superior choice for 2025 than the Orange Psychopath-- the worst POTUS in American history, by scholarly consensus.  But a second Biden inauguration could play out like Weekend At Bernie's.

Is Biden going to catch a cold again?  He gave a rousing speech in North Carolina the next day, and a strong denunciation of the immunity ruling yesterday.  He raised $33 million within 48 hours of the debate.  An aggregate of post-debate polling shows a 2% drop -- hardly a collapse. 

Four factors in Biden's favor:  abortion on the ballot in Nevada, Florida and probably Arizona; the GOP get-out-the-vote effort is led by rank amateurs, Lara Trump and Charlie Kirk; Biden's masterful intrusion into the global oil market should result in significant price drops at the pump this fall; Trump will become even more unhinged as he tastes victory.

And, now that the Koch/Federalist Society SCOTUS has hijacked the U.S. government and blocked Trump's prosecutions, our democracy is hanging by a thread.

And the last thing we need is a Democratic Party squabbling over another nominee over the next two months.

Arguing obsessively about the JFK records in July of 2024 is a bit like fretting about a piece of burned toast while the entire house is burning down.

The JFK records are important, but America's house is currently on fire.

Spread the word, my brother!

Edited by Cliff Varnell

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/one-three-democrats-think-biden-should-quit-race-reutersipsos-poll-finds-2024-07-02/

WASHINGTON, July 2 (Reuters) - One in three Democrats think U.S. President Joe Biden should end his reelection bid following last week's debate against Republican Donald Trump, but no prominent elected Democrat does any better than Biden in a hypothetical matchup against Trump, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll that closed on Tuesday.

The two-day poll found that both Trump, 78, and Biden, 81, maintain the support of 40% of registered voters, suggesting that Biden has not lost ground since the debate. Election Day is Nov. 5. 
</q>

An earlier poll showed 45% of Democrats thought Biden should drop out.

The post-debate backlash against Biden appears to be fading.