The Education Forum

JFK Jr and his Father's Murder

16 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

I was just going through the back issues of garrison.

In last year's issue, July 2023, Don Jeffries wrote something that startled me.

He wrote that JFK Jr read and collected books on the assassination of his father.  And he openly talked about the conspiracy to kill him.

His high school girlfriend said he was on a quest to find out the truth about that case.  And this may have led to a schism between him and his sister.

Has anyone ever read anything like this before? It blindsided me.

Don does not post her anymore does he?

Key point: Barr McClellan met a lot of interesting people after his book Blood, Money and Power: How LBJ killed JFK was published (I think) in 2003.

One of those people was Meg Azzoni who was JFK, Jr.'s girlfriend in high school. Of course, JFK, Jr. had a very sharp interest in "solving" the JFK assassination.

Barr McClellan helped Meg Azzoni with her book Eleven Letters: Memories of Kennedys & Reflections on His Quest, a book that is extremely hard to find now. I am personal friends with Barr McClellan whose wife Cecille just passed away recently in summer, 2024.

Jackie Kennedy, spring 1977: on her Dislike & Mistrust of Lyndon Johnson: “I did not like or trust Lyndon Johnson. Never mention his name again!” – spoken while the HSCA was in full bloom

One of JFK, Jr.'s best friends (actually a girlfriend) at the Phillips Academy was Meg Azzoni. In spring, 1977, she and John went to visit Jackie while Caroline was still at Harvard. Meg says: "Jackie told John and I at the 'break-the-fast' breakfast, 'I did not like or trust Lyndon Johnson.' No one said another word the whole meal in memorial contemplative silence."

[Meg Azzoni, "John F. Kennedy, Jr. to Meg Azzoni Eleven Letters: Memories of Kennedys & Reflections on His Quest, p. 52]

Barr McClellan (who I have spoken with many times and again on 2-24-2020) ghostwrote her book for/with Meg Azzoni and said that the actual quote by Jackie was:

"Jackie told John and I at the 'break-the-fast' breakfast, 'I did not like or trust Lyndon Johnson. Never mention his name again!’”

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record, JFK Jr was going to run for governor of New York in 2002.

That is in JFK Jr: The Final Year, the A and E documentary.

Edited by James DiEugenio

Thanks for replying Don.

Man is that interesting. 

I was completely unaware of that aspect.

The reason the idea that JFK Jr was distracted or disoriented and that caused the crash does not sound right to me is, if that were so, once he became aware of a stall or falling situation he would have instantly refocused and flight school training would kick in (no hundreds of hours experience or IFR rating required). Pilots learn this in flight school, I did. The instructor puts a hood on the pilot like a horse’s blinders with no visibility outside, only the cockpit instruments. Then the instructor takes control and has the pilot close their eyes and the instructor flies the plane this way and that way wildly out of control as if in severe turbulence and verbally hands control back to the student, with the plane flying non-level and in free fall, and inner ear balance distorted from the acrobatics. The student then on the basis of relying solely on the instruments because of wearing the hood, disregarding what the body “feels” like is level, stabilizes, points the nose down and full power on the throttle, recovery, the plane flying as it should again. This is just basic training 101 for pilots at the first stage, VFR rating (Visual Flight Rules), what to do if caught by surprise in clouds or weather turbulence (then the 180 by the instruments to fly back out of the storm).

So if JFK Jr had lost control through some negligence or distraction, it would not normally be a big deal apart from fright to the passengers. He would focus on the instruments, do what he learned and trained in flight school, and recover. It should not logically end up in a fatal crash. 

As I recall, radar showed the plane of JFK Jr climbed briefly precipitously before veering one way and falling down to the water fatally for all with no recovery from the stall.

This is not something that poor visibility or lack of flying experience seems easily to account for to me. If he had lost use of his instruments and was flying by “feel” in a vertigo situation with poor visibility, that could do it, but I am not aware that investigators found any issue with loss of use of the aircraft’s instruments, and aircraft generally are well engineered these days such that such malfunctions are not too common.

Now Don Jeffries in his forthcoming book says he has new research on that crash, apparently involving witnesses sighting an explosion of the aircraft, not simply rehash and speculation of old. I’ll be interested in what he has got and have pre-ordered the book. 

Edited by Greg Doudna

9 hours ago, Don Jeffries said:

There is much more evidence that demonstrates the level of interest JFK, Jr. had in his father's death, which you can find in my book Hidden History and in my upcoming work American Memory Hole: How the Court Historians Promote Disinformation, which will be officially released August 27, but is available for presale. American Memory Hole by Donald Jeffries  He was basically reading the same books on the subject that we were. 

I published a new piece on the 25th year anniversary on the assassination of JFK, Jr. yesterday on Substack. I provided a few teasers to the new information I discovered on this subject. I was finally able to track down the elusive Coast Guard Petty Officer Todd Burgun, for example, who gave an interview about the now memory holed 9:39 pm phone call from JFK, Jr., reporting all was well, for WCVB-TV. Our exchange was eye-opening. You can read the article for free here: The Assassination of John F. Kennedy, Jr.  

Interesting article, Don.  Thanks for posting this.

I read somewhere that Ted Kennedy (and his family) were threatened if Ted ever spoke up about the Kennedy assassinations, but I don't recall where I read that.

Greg:

Can you describe your experience, training and flying time?

I might write something on this, and I need something about that if I quote you.

58 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

Greg:

Can you describe your experience, training and flying time?

I might write something on this, and I need something about that if I quote you.

I am a low-hours VFR (Visual Flight Rules), single-engine land rated, and night flight. I took flight training both classroom and in-air while at college at Big Sandy, Texas which had an airstrip and an aircraft fleet, and then in Ashland, Oregon at the municipal airport there where I completed my training. The requirement was 40 hours minimum in-air flight training, 20 hours with instructor and 20 hours solo, for the license. My flight training occurred 1975-1980 and I received my pilot's license in 1980. I learned on rental planes. I flew Cessna 150s (2-seater), Cessna 172s (4-seater), and Piper Cubs (2-seater). The pilot's license itself is good for life so I still am a licensed pilot, although every 2 years pilots must pass a medical and a flight proficiency check to remain current. I have not flown since the 1980s, didn't keep up with it due to the costs of the expensive hobby, never flew other than recreationally. I have about 120 hours. I recommend getting opinions from other pilots on their assessments of the JFK Jr. plane crash, not relying on mine alone. All I can say is how it comes across to me from my knowledge and flight training. 

The person that insisted the weather wasn't "hazy" that night wasn't some "conspiracy theorist." He was Edward Meyer, the individual assigned by the FAA to write up the official report on weather conditions that night. Meyer blasted the media for its lies and distortions about both the weather and JFK's "recklessness." I quoted Kennedy's flight instructor in Hidden History. He was a sober and careful pilot. But all Kennedys must be depicted as "reckless." It's easier to explain all those unnatural deaths that way. 

It was only thanks to researcher Scott Myers, who used to post regularly at Rich Dellarosa's old forum and sent me the original videotape, that I knew about all those references to the 9:39 pm phone call, which was also reported by UPI and ABC News. That call by itself destroys the official narrative, because we were subsequently told that 9:39 pm was the exact moment JFK, Jr.'s plane went into a death spiral. When researchers later obtained the WCBV-TV footage, all references to this phone call had been edited out. There's more in the Substack article, and much more will be in American Memory Hole. 

22 minutes ago, Don Jeffries said:

It was only thanks to researcher Scott Myers, who used to post regularly at Rich Dellarosa's old forum and sent me the original videotape, that I knew about all those references to the 9:39 pm phone call, which was also reported by UPI and ABC News. That call by itself destroys the official narrative, because we were subsequently told that 9:39 pm was the exact moment JFK, Jr.'s plane went into a death spiral.

Couldn't it have been a simple mistake in the midst of covering a breaking news story? This happened routinely even back during the weekend of Nov. 22, 1963 -- with no huge conspiracy necessary to explain it.

7 hours ago, Greg Doudna said:

I am a low-hours VFR (Visual Flight Rules), single-engine land rated, and night flight. I took flight training both classroom and in-air while at college at Big Sandy, Texas which had an airstrip and an aircraft fleet, and then in Ashland, Oregon at the municipal airport there where I completed my training. The requirement was 40 hours minimum in-air flight training, 20 hours with instructor and 20 hours solo, for the license. My flight training occurred 1975-1980 and I received my pilot's license in 1980. I learned on rental planes. I flew Cessna 150s (2-seater), Cessna 172s (4-seater), and Piper Cubs (2-seater). The pilot's license itself is good for life so I still am a licensed pilot, although every 2 years pilots must pass a medical and a flight proficiency check to remain current. I have not flown since the 1980s, didn't keep up with it due to the costs of the expensive hobby, never flew other than recreationally. I have about 120 hours. I recommend getting opinions from other pilots on their assessments of the JFK Jr. plane crash, not relying on mine alone. All I can say is how it comes across to me from my knowledge and flight training. 

Greg,  Your flight test with a hood covering your face was also part of JFK Jr's training.  On April 22nd., 1998 he passed his private pilot flight test.  The examiner who administered the test stated he conducted two unusual attitude recoveries.  The examiner said that on both tests he recovered the airplane while wearing a hood and referencing the airplane's flight instruments.

The weather conditions were good over the Vineyard that evening of July 16, 1999.  JFK Jr contacted the airport for permission to land at 21:39 and the crash happens no later than 21:41.

They blew him out of the sky!                     

Peter:

If you have a hood covering your face  how can you reference the instruments?

The “hood” as it is called is like an elongated bill of a baseball cap that also comes down on the sides, and is made of hard plastic not cloth, but put on and worn like a baseball cap. It is designed to block out all peripheral vision above and to either side, so one cannot see out the windows of the cabin and one can see narrowly forward only the instruments. There is perfect unobstructed visibility of the instruments. 

Oh, thanks Greg.

Edited by James DiEugenio

I just talked to my little sister tonight.

I told her about JFK Jr and his study of his father's assassination before he died.

She gave me a nice slap.

You didn't know that Jim?  My little sister one upped me.

JFK Jr. didn’t strike me as the kind of person who could be told what to do by anyone. He seemed to be a free spirit, but one with integrity. He was a Kennedy for sure but he had his mother’s back first and foremost. Anywho, if he decided he was going to break the Kennedy hard line of ‘no comment’ on assassinations, that would not surprise me in the least. And it doubly wouldn’t surprise me if he really wanted to know the circumstances of his father’s murder. Aka taking action in some form. I’m sure that would extend to to his uncle’s murder as well.