The Education Forum

Fred Litwins New Podcast

6 hours ago, Pat Speer said:

P.S. After reading Bugliosi's book and noting his reliance upon transcripts for the mock trial which included testimony never broadcast, I contacted Gerry Spence to see if he had the full transcript and could make that available through the Mary Ferrell Foundation. Well, Spence was not happy. He said he was unaware that a full transcript existed and was displeased that one was provided Bugliosi but not himself. When I brought this situation to the attention of Bugliosi's biggest fan, DVP, he agreed with me and as I recall contacted Bugliosi to see if the transcript could be released. But met a stone wall. 

A clarification....

As I recall, it wasn't the text transcripts that I was attempting to obtain from Vince Bugliosi several years ago, but instead I was trying to get ahold of the videotapes containing all 21 uncut hours of the entire 1986 mock Oswald trial. I recall Mr. Bugliosi advising me to contact his lawyer friend in Fort Worth, Jack Duffy. Vince thought that Duffy had in his possession all 21 hours of the trial on videotape and therefore could possibly help me get copies of them as well. But I had no luck in obtaining any additional materials.

I don't recall, however, ever asking Vince (via his secretary) about the transcripts specifically. But it's possible that I did ask about that as well.

Edited by David Von Pein

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Pat Speer said:

Ok. But the point still stands. Much as Bugliosi used transcripts for the unedited mock trial testimony for his book--and never made these transcripts available to anyone else--Russo has access to interviews that were never broadcast or published. This can rightfully lead one to suspect they are hiding something. Release the damn things. There's probably nothing very explosive about them. But they should be made available. 

P.S. After reading Bugliosi's book and noting his reliance upon transcripts for the mock trial which included testimony never broadcast, I contacted Gerry Spence to see if he had the full transcript and could make that available through the Mary Ferrell Foundation. Well, Spence was not happy. He said he was unaware that a full transcript existed and was displeased that one was provided Bugliosi but not himself. When I brought this situation to the attention of Bugliosi's biggest fan, DVP, he agreed with me and as I recall contacted Bugliosi to see if the transcript could be released. But met a stone wall. 

Pat, I did obtain two transcripts from Gus. What I can tell you is the one transcript I did have was from out-takes from the filming of said interviewee. As you know, there were many interviews that did not make the final cut due to time constraints. All I can tell you was the subject did describe Oswald as a very dangerous individual in personal interactions with him. Sadly, that did not make the final cut in the PBS Frontline Series. The other transcript was routine in nature and was covered in context on film. 

He was gracious to send that to me after a long discussion. 

1 hour ago, Steve Roe said:

Pat, I did obtain two transcripts from Gus. What I can tell you is the one transcript I did have was from out-takes from the filming of said interviewee. As you know, there were many interviews that did not make the final cut due to time constraints. All I can tell you was the subject did describe Oswald as a very dangerous individual in personal interactions with him. Sadly, that did not make the final cut in the PBS Frontline Series. The other transcript was routine in nature and was covered in context on film. 

He was gracious to send that to me after a long discussion. 

Steve do you know the name of this individual who "did describe Oswald as a very dangerous individual in personal interactions with him"?

Do you remember anything about how this person knew Oswald, where, circumstances, anything about him or her, how long they knew him? Was it a man or a woman?

Did Russo, or you, personally find this witness strike you as credible? 

Edited by Greg Doudna

On 8/2/2024 at 9:58 PM, Kevin Balch said:

I read Russo’s Die by the Sword and I agree that Cuba has far more to do with the JFK assassination than Vietnam. The Kennedys wanted Cuba off the table by the 1964 election. They were pursuing a dual-track of reaching out through back channels as well as assassination. Cuban intelligence was and is very good and had thoroughly penetrated the exile community. In fact, a spy for Cuba (of Puerto Rican ancestry) had worked for US intelligence since the 1980s and was only discovered in 2001.

This doesn’t mean Castro did it or was aware of any Cuban plots. But many of the higher ups in Cuba thought they got thrown under the bus by the Soviets after the Cuban Missile Crisis. They felt used as pawns to get rid of a threat to the Soviets from missiles in Turkey but they themselves were still vulnerable to sabotage and assassinations with the threat of invasion only hinging on a promise from JFK.

One detail in Russo’s book I don’t agree with is his speculation that Oswald was frequently doubling back on his way from the rooming house to wherever he was going as a precaution against being tailed. But this would add several minutes to an already tight or impossible timeline to place him in the time and position to encounter Tippit.

1) The people who were on the field team who were putting bullet holes in JFK's head and body were enraged over JFK's Cuba policy.

2) This field team was recruited and organized by Gen. Edward Lansdale who ran Operation Mongoose for the Kennedys and would have known many CIA-affiliated operatives in the anti-Castro operations who ALSO AND NOT UNCOINCIDENTALLY hated the guts of JFK and considered him a traitor to the anti-Castro cause and a backstabber of those who really wanted to overthrow Castro.

Gen. Edward Lansdale's motives for killing JFK would be his rage over the death of his friend Diem in Vietnam just 3 weeks before on 11/2/1963 and also his disgust at being run out of the Kennedy Administration by his many enemies in Government. Lansdale had worked for just under 10 years with Diem to stabilize Vietnam in the pro-American orbit and Lansdale's dream/fantasy was to make Ngo Dinh Diem "the George Washington" of Vietnam.

3) The motives of Lyndon Johnson, D.H. Byrd and LBJ's powerbroker lawyer Ed Clark had to do with money and power reasons and the fact that the insiders in November, 1963 knew the Kennedys had a very well advanced "destroy LBJ now" campaign that was erupting to a crescendo within a few days and the result would be a politically-destroyed forever Lyndon Johnson.

Gus Russo's book Die by the Sword has a good chapter on how many times LBJ deflected and blamed the JFK assassination on Fidel Castro.

It also has this nugget:

Billie Sol Estes told IRS investigator Walt Perry in 1963 that he had given $10 million in kickbacks to Lyndon Johnson

[Gus Russo, Live By the Sword: The Secret War Against Castro and the Death of JFK, p. 283]:

Walt Perry, an investigator for the Internal Revenue Service at the time, says that Bobby Kennedy was attempting to use Johnson’s legal problems as leverage, should Johnson not agree to leave the ticket voluntarily. Perry was brought in by Willam Webster (later to become the FBI director) to assist in the Billie Sol Estes investigation. He befriended Estes, who, in the course of things, told Perry that he had funneled $10 million in bribes to Johnson. He also related in an anecdote about Bobby Kennedy. Perry recalls, “Estes told me that in 1963, Bobby Kennedy contacted him in prison. Bobby made him an offer, saying, ‘If you testify against Johnson, you’re out [of prison].’ Billie declined the offer, saying, ‘If I testified against him, I’d be dead within twenty-four hours.’”

UNQUOTE

[Gus Russo, Live By the Sword: The Secret War Against Castro and the Death of JFK, p.283]

Gus Russo footnotes on p. 561 of his book that he interviewed Walt Perry on June 6, 1992.

$10 million in 1960 dollars would equal $106 million in 2024 dollars: http://www.usinflationcalculator.com/

Edited by Robert Morrow

In one of his books Litwin claimed Oswald was the only one missing from the TSBD after the assassination. When I called him out on that here on the forum, he didn't acknowledge his error, but said Oswald was the only one missing who mattered. As if anyone at that point could have possibly known which missing employees mattered and which ones didn't.

How can anyone take Litwin seriously?

10 hours ago, Greg Doudna said:

Steve do you know the name of this individual who "did describe Oswald as a very dangerous individual in personal interactions with him"?

Do you remember anything about how this person knew Oswald, where, circumstances, anything about him or her, how long they knew him? Was it a man or a woman?

A man I´d say, quote: "..with him..".

Is there a list of all the persons that did´t make the edited version/final cut?

10 hours ago, Greg Doudna said:

Yes, I know who this man was, he passed away a few years ago.

He is in the documentary, and Gus interviewed him in Canada. He was extremely credible (well educated) and did spend a couple of hours with Oswald in Dallas, months before the assassination. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Denny Zartman said:

In one of his books Litwin claimed Oswald was the only one missing from the TSBD after the assassination. When I called him out on that here on the forum, he didn't acknowledge his error, but said Oswald was the only one missing who mattered. As if anyone at that point could have possibly known which missing employees mattered and which ones didn't.

Oswald was the only employee missing who didn't return. Givens was also missing, went up a few blocks to his friend, but I think he returned.

Edited by Gerry Down

5 hours ago, Denny Zartman said:

Who else was "missing" from the Texas School Book Depository after the JFK assassination? Do you have a source, book or web link on this? Just curious.

On 8/4/2024 at 5:16 AM, Steve Roe said:

Yes, I know who this man was, he passed away a few years ago.

He is in the documentary, and Gus interviewed him in Canada. He was extremely credible (well educated) and did spend a couple of hours with Oswald in Dallas, months before the assassination. 

Thanks Steve. Is there any reason why the name should be a secret? 

If in Dallas months before the assassination, that sounds like spring 1963 before New Orleans. Could that be Volkmar Schmidt (who spent a couple of hours talking with Oswald, and I believe moved to Canada)?

Volkmar Schmidt didn't say a thing about Oswald stating hatred for JFK etc. in his Warren Commission FBI testimony as he started claiming many years later. I don't think Volkmar Schmidt is necessarily the most credible witness on a recalled subjective personal impression of an historically vilified figure given how decades-later witness testimonies can be subject to distortion in memory. 

Edited by Greg Doudna

7 hours ago, Denny Zartman said:

Your question does not follow logically from your fact cited. Sounding too much like DiEugenio logic here. I don't disagree with your first-paragraph point though. 

The quality of sources cited and research on various topics on Litwin's website must be taken seriously, whether or not one agrees with Litwin's conclusions. 

1 hour ago, Robert Morrow said:

Who else was "missing" from the Texas School Book Depository after the JFK assassination? Do you have a source, book or web link on this? Just curious.

The two "missing" warehouse workers were Oswald and Givens. But there were a few office workers if I recall that never came back from lunch.

P.S. I looked back through Hillary's first book to see what she said about JFK's death, and I found that she said it was a blow to her family and friends, that was magnified by RFK's death, but couldn't find anything about her not trusting the official solution. So my memory is fuzzy on this. I think I may have been mixing her statements in with those of Clinton associate Web Hubbell in his book. As I recall he said he was determined upon Clinton's becoming President to gain access to the JFK files because he never believed the official solution. I think I probably assumed from this that Hillary shared his views. But have no evidence to support this that I can remember at this time. 

1 hour ago, Pat Speer said:

The two "missing" warehouse workers were Oswald and Givens. But there were a few office workers if I recall that never came back from lunch.

P.S. I looked back through Hillary's first book to see what she said about JFK's death, and I found that she said it was a blow to her family and friends, that was magnified by RFK's death, but couldn't find anything about her not trusting the official solution. So my memory is fuzzy on this. I think I may have been mixing her statements in with those of Clinton associate Web Hubbell in his book. As I recall he said he was determined upon Clinton's becoming President to gain access to the JFK files because he never believed the official solution. I think I probably assumed from this that Hillary shared his views. But have no evidence to support this that I can remember at this time. 

You would think that if there was a wide-ranging plot to frame Oswald for the assassination from the beginning, the police would have broadcast Oswald’s name and description over the police radio. It would have provided a reason for Tippit to have stopped Oswald. But only Givens was mentioned.

1 hour ago, Pat Speer said:

My take is that PRIVATELY neither Bill nor Hillary Clinton actually believe that a lone nut killed JFK. They both think it was a conspiracy. - Robert Morrow

Bill Clinton told Webb Hubbell to find out Who Killed John Kennedy

Webb Hubbell:

"Of my many regrets at that moment, I remember thinking that I hadn't accomplished something the President had asked me to do when I [he means Clinton] was first elected. "Webb," he had said, "if I put you at Justice, I want you to find two answers for me. One, Who killed JFK? And two, Are there UFO's?" He was dead serious. I had looked into both, but wasn't satisfied with the answers I was getting."

[Webb Hubbell, Friends in High Places, p. 282]

David Lifton on Bill Clinton's opinion of the JFK assassination

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=18942&pid=249463&st=30&#entry249463   

(1) A very good friend of mine--the late Robert Chapman, who was also very close with Mary Ferrell--related to me his personal experiences with Bill Clinton, at a time when Clinton was a candidate for President, and would drop by Molly's the restaurant he owned in Memphis. Robert personally talked to Clinton and there's no question but that he was a closet buff, and believed there was a conspiracy in the JFK case. But now. . read on. .

(2) The Clintons were close with Jacqueline Kennedy, and in August, 1993, one can find newspaper articles (and photographs) in which Jacqueline Kennedy hosted them for several hours on the family yacht. Bill Clinton (and probably Hillary, too) also spent time with Jacqueline Kennedy at her New York apartment. All this is a matter of record.

(3) On the thirtieth anniversary of the assassination, with the assassination of JFK receiving a huge amount of publicity, Clinton publicly stated, in a news conference, that he believed the Warren Report, and that Oswald acted alone. Quoting now fromthe NY Times story by David Rosenbaum, which ran under the headline, “30-Year Commemoration in Dallas and Arlington:

QUOTE:

President Clinton, who has often said that Kennedy was his idol, intended to take no public notice of the anniversary. But at a news conference, he was asked whether he thought Kennedy was killed by a single assassin and whether he was satisfied with his own security arrangements.

The President replied: "I'm satisfied with the finding that Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone. I am also very satisfied with the work done by the Secret Service in my behalf."

UNQUOTE

On the 30th anniversary, I happened to be in Dallas, where I spoke at the ASK conference. I also attended the ceremonies at the Sixth Floor Museum, and actually met Nellie Connally. Knowing what Clinton had said to Robert Chapman, I was astounded to read--in USA Today (as I recall)--what he was then quoted as saying about the assassination.

One half year later, Jacqueline Kennedy was buried at Arlington.

Because of Clinton's changed position, I have always believed that Jacqueline Kennedy personally implored Clinton not to pursue the issue, because of the damage it would do to her husband's legacy. That's just my opinion.

But if one draws a time line, there's a serious delay between the time the JFK Records Act was passed (and signed) --October 1992--and the time the ARRB was actually "up and running," which was about October 1994.

DSL
3/27/12; 2:30 PDT
Los Angeles, Calfornia

5 minutes ago, Kevin Balch said:

You would think that if there was a wide-ranging plot to frame Oswald for the assassination from the beginning, the police would have broadcast Oswald’s name and description over the police radio. It would have provided a reason for Tippit to have stopped Oswald. But only Givens was mentioned.

The Dallas police DID spew what they thought was Lee Harvey Oswald's physical description all over Dallas police radio starting at 12:44PM. They intentionally did NOT include his name because that would have exposed their "kill JFK, frame Oswald" plot from the get go. Instead the DPD wanted to have a plausible physical description of Oswald floating around in the ether (that precisely matched Marguerite's May, 1960 description of him to the Dallas FBI) so that when they picked up Oswald they could *pretend* they were working off of physical description of some unnamed suspect.

Diabolical, eh?

Absolute Proof that Lee Harvey Oswald was a *pre-selected* patsy for the JFK assassination: “5 feet 10 inches, 165 pounds” https://robertmorrowpoliticalresearchblog.blogspot.com/2023/01/5-feet-10-inches-165-pounds-is-absolute.html Dallas Police Dispatcher was immediately using Marguerite Oswald’s description of Lee given to Dallas FBI in May, 1960.