The Education Forum

Grassy Knoll Shooter

Lee Forman

Weitzman also saw one of the North knoll sniping team who identified himself as secrete service to Weitzman...Weitzman later identified the secrete service man on t.v as Bernardo "Macho" Barker, one of the watergate burglars...

Weitzman said "That's him" when shown a photo of Barker by researcher Michael Canfield. It should be borne in mind that Weitzman was institutionalized for mental illness at the time, and his doctor told the HSCA that Weitzman might tell visitors like Canfield whatever they wanted to hear in order to make them go away.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weitzman also saw one of the North knoll sniping team who identified himself as secrete service to Weitzman...Weitzman later identified the secrete service man on t.v as Bernardo "Macho" Barker, one of the watergate burglars...

Weitzman said "That's him" when shown a photo of Barker by researcher Michael Canfield. It should be borne in mind that Weitzman was institutionalized for mental illness at the time, and his doctor told the HSCA that Weitzman might tell visitors like Canfield whatever they wanted to hear in order to make them go away.

I would be more than a little curious as to the "origin" and "cause" of said "mental illness," not that I doubt he did indeed have a "condition," it's just that his name goes into a list of other individuals in some way part of the "JFK Saga" who at one time or another were "institutionalized."

See Richard Case Nagell, James Hicks, Emilio Santana, Rose Cheramie, T. Casey Brennan, Edwin Walker, Pascual Gongora, Jeanne LeGon.

"But I'm sure its just a coincidence?"

Robert,

Weitzman was diagnosed by the VA as a chronic schizophrenic. The sworn testimony of Dr. Charles Laburda about Weitzman is HSCA 180-10077-10208.

Also, the HSCA's Leodis C. Matthews interviewed Weitzman and wrote, "Mr. Weitzman remembered talking to a reporter (Canfield) about two photos of people he was told had a connection with the Watergate hearing, and said he told the reporter he had seen the two men but that he did so only because the reporter led him to say it and, in fact, he had not seen them at all."

Matthews' report is HSCA 180-10088-10083. I believe both docs are on Denis Morrisette's website.

It should be noted that Weitzman apparently became ill in the years after Dallas. No one was saying that Weitzman was nuts on 11/22/63.

Ron

Edited by Ron Ecker

Robert,

Weitzman was diagnosed by the VA as a chronic schizophrenic. The sworn testimony of Dr. Charles Laburda about Weitzman is HSCA 180-10077-10208.

Also, the HSCA's Leodis C. Matthews interviewed Weitzman and wrote, "Mr. Weitzman remembered talking to a reporter (Canfield) about two photos of people he was told had a connection with the Watergate hearing, and said he told the reporter he had seen the two men but that he did so only because the reporter led him to say it and, in fact, he had not seen them at all."

Matthews' report is HSCA 180-10088-10083. I believe both docs are on Denis Morrisette's website.

It should be noted that Weitzman apparently became ill in the years after Dallas. No one was saying that Weitzman was nuts on 11/22/63.Ron

No, I am quite familiar with the Weitzman/7.65 Mauser issue and his subsequent mental problems, I just never knew that he was a "paranoid schizophrenic." The point I was trying to make is that people associated directly or indirectly with the JFK assassination, have been institutionalized more than I would have expected, which is just my opinion. On the other hand, Americans winding up in mental institutions that aren't truly mentally ill, is something that totally fits in with "sheep dipping," as well as a form of political oppression that is oft cited in other countries besides the good old USA.

I also think the word of "one person" even a "qualified psychiatrist" as a means to institutionalize a person, can obviously be manipulated. I also was inferring that maybe one of the people on the list I submitted fit the latter category, or even the former.

Thomas Beckham may have explained Weitzman's situation. If you ever get the chance, read through that report by Weitzman's Psychiatrist - seems Weitzman may have seen more than what's been officially reported. I don't have time to run down the link - maybe it was posted here once?

Been thinking about this, and I believe it makes sense. As opposed to being unidentified, these folks are in all probability 'Plants.' The shooters were recorded - every last position - in my very firm opinion - for specific reasons. I also believe that the shooters were also coupled with a weapon mounted camera, or a camera man. In which case it makes a great deal of sense as to why it appears that cameras were located in certain areas - for which there is no record [behind retaining wall, corner of Elm and Houston, 4th floor of the TSBD, etc.[. I can't figure who was getting the Daltex [maybe someone up behind the wall at the Peristyle?], and I am not sure how many are located at the North Peristyle area - however, I think the concept works well.

I used Don Roberdeau's excellent Plat as a reference.

- lee

Didnt Smith I'D Bernard Barker as the man with the SS I'D??

Hey Ryan.

I never saw anything about that? But it's interesting. I was thinking recently that the driver of the Pick-Up seen by Mercer is not the same as the shooter. The Mercer piece is extremely confusing. But it's interesting to note the resemblance to Ruby here - taking into account the fact that the photo at right of Barker seems to have been taken many years later.

Maybe Barker is working with this team / teams? Do we have the entire Joe Smith story? Could it be Barker that is the original driver of the pick-up, instead of Ruby? Is he the guy that Stone used as the basis for the SS man behind the fence?

- lee

These photos were taken 9 years apart. Does somebody have an earlier picture of Barker?

Hi Tom, at this link there is a photo of him in 1960, hope this helps..

My Webpage

Hi Ryan,

That photo which identifies Sturgis and Barker circa 1960 is in fact not Barker but Remigio 'Cuku' Arce. I made a mistake here which will be rectified as soon as John settles back in after his return from Dallas.

My apologies to all.

James

Edited by James Richards

My Webpage

Hi Ryan,

That photo which identifies Sturgis and Barker circa 1960 is in fact not Barker but Remigio 'Cuku' Arce. I made a mistake here which will be rectified as soon as John settles back in after his return from Dallas.

My apologies to all.

James

Hey James - that's very interesting!

- lee

My Webpage

Hi Ryan,

My apologies to all.

James

Hey James - that's very interesting!

- lee

-----------------------------------

As I posted earlier this year, that is a February 1963 photo of Fiorini/Sturgis chatting with Remigio "Cucu" Arce -- onboard Alex Rorke's "Bertram Craft", which was named "Violin III".

Shortly after this photo was taken, "Fat Daddy Frank" once again waved "Bye-Bye" to yet another group of pogues who were out to "strike-a-blow-for-freedom"!! Typical of Fiorini/Sturgis was: That in more than a dozen "expeditions" [which had been organized by he and other "bunko-artists"] -- they had skimmed the majority of "mission donations"; and thereafter sent some more dudes to their deaths at sea; or up against "the wall" in Cuba.

When he lied in claiming that he flew "co-pilot" with Fidel's [appointed] ex-Chief of the Cuban Rebel Air force [Cmdte. Pedro Luis Diaz Lanz] during the Oct. 1959 Havana "leaflet-drop" -- Pedro kept his mouth shut, and opted to NOT expose that lying son-of-a-bitch !!

Frank never flew an airplane even once during his entire miserable "agent provocateur" life. When it came time for the fateful Rorke/Sullivan operation [sept. 1963] -- he sent DGI agent, Capt. Enrique Molina Rivera in his stead !! And this was after all three of them had been warned more than once about Molina's double-agent activities !!

"Cucu" Arce was arrested with us [by Diosdado, Shanley, et al.] on Sombrero Key during the 1st week of December, 1962. He is in the group photo with us standing in front of the Monroe County Jail [Key West] some two days later -- when the media insisted upon a "photo-op".

Later, during 1964-1965: "Cucu" skippered a "Swift Boat" on Lake Tanganyika during the COIN Ops against the Simbas [Lawrence Kabilla's rebel group]; who were then being "advised" by "Che" and the DSE/LCB Castro-Cubans.

"Cucu" was a step-uncle to Alfredo Duran, having married Anita Duran's sister Rosa. I put him into the "Marimba Ops" during 1974, and after a few years at skippering the "mother-ships" for the "Cali Cartel"; he retired as a gentleman multi-millionaire -- and built a home in Cali, Colombia -- where he died during 1989.

During the late 1970s, he had financed the mayoral campaign [Cali] of Fidel's "ex-Goebbels" radio haranguer, Jose Pardo Llada -- the "Rush Limbaugh type"; who during mid-1959 had coined the phrase: "Cuba Si, Yanqui No" !! [Pardo Llada defected while in Spain during 1962]

Chairs,

GPH

Gerry,

Do you know where Cucu Arce was on 11/22/63? Look at this guy in front of the TSBD.

arce2.jpg

arce.jpg

Also, can you tell us who the No Name Key guy is who looks just like "Mr. Slick" behind

the Arce lookalike at the TSBD?

slick.jpg

Thanks,

Ron

Edited by Ron Ecker

Dinkins story, which we've probably all seen before - but I had forgotten that last piece.

http://pages.prodigy.net/benede/_import/pa...ede/index4.html

Russell presented the story of Private Eugene B. Dinkin, who had been trained as a army cryptographic code operator, which in effect made him a small part of the National Security Agency. In early 1962, he had been assigned to the 529th Ordnance Company in France, where he was awarded the requisite security clearances. When Dinkin became upset during his duties, he was given a psychiatric evaluation, and his security clearance was removed. In late October of 1963, Dinkin mailed a letter to Attorney General Robert Kennedy, warning him that an attempt would be made to kill President Kennedy during the latter part of November. In the letter he revealed, that blame would be cast on a Communist, while he claimed that the conspiracy involved elements of the military, especially far right elements of the same. An FBI report of April 3, 1964 acknowledged Dinkin's warning, but made no mention of attempts made to rectify the situation. Hearing via the grape vine that he was about to be locked up as a psychotic, Private Dinkin went AWOL and tried to warn media in Switzerland and Germany without success. He also made an attempt to warn the U.S. Embassy in Bonn but was advised to return to his place of military assignment. Defeated, he returned, and was immediately "hospitalized" at Landstuhl General Hospital in a closed psychiatric ward until Kennedy had been killed, whereupon he was flown to Walter Reed Hospital in Washington D.C. There he was given therapy to help him deal with his unfortunate condition of "schizo-assassination prognostication syndrome," a decease [sic] one would normally associate only with the former Soviet Union. He was made to understand, that if his condition did not improve, he would undergo electric shock treatment, whereupon his condition dramatically "improved." He was released from Walter Reed Hospital and the U.S. Army on a medical discharge. During the trial of Clay Shaw in New Orleans, Garrison found out that Dinkin's duty had been to decipher telegraphic traffic originating with the French OAS, which was extremely close to factions of the CIA at the time. One surmises, that Dinkin caught his unfortunate decease while dealing with communications between the two venerable organizations.

Gerry,

Do you know where Cucu Arce was on 11/22/63? Look at this guy in front of the TSBD.

arce2.jpg

arce.jpg

Also, can you tell us who the No Name Key guy is who looks just like "Mr. Slick" behind

the Arce lookalike at the TSBD?

slick.jpg

Thanks,

Ron

------------------------------

Ron:

Remigio "Cucu" Arce was at the Monkey Point [Nicaragua] 2nd Naval Guerrilla base from September, 1963 through March, 1964. He was called to the radio shack by Santiago Alvarez, and told of the JFK murder.

The Cameraman/Cinematographer that Rueben Frank [of NBC] sent to me for a clearance into Artime's operation, Jack Nickless -- was already there and took both stills and movie footage of the commandos' reactions that day.

Nickless was the sole Cameraman/CT permitted to embed with the commandos, and accompanied them on every raid executed along the south coast of Cuba. NBC showed extensive footage of thes operations during a two week series of film "spots" during the then 30-minute evening news.

"Cucu" Arce moved around the Caribbean after the 1st week in January 1964, and was able to visit his wife Rosa [in Miami - behind "Zagami's Market" on Flagler & 29th ave.] on several occasions. During the Spring of 1964, CIA transferred him to a Captain's slot aboard a merchant vessel owned by CaraMar Shipping of Delaware.

By Summer of 1964 he was skippering a "Swift Boat" on Lake Tanganyika, and based near Kikwit, Kivu, Province. His boat teams gave primary support to Mike Hoare's #5 Commando (Mercenary) -- and for a short time after that, provided support for Belgian Col. Vendewalle's "Merc" group. "Cucu" returned to Miami in time for the aftermath Ops in Santo Domingo [December, 1965]

When word reached Frank Carlucci that Che was in Dar es Salaam [December 1965], half of the "Swift Boat" crews were ordered to return to Miami.

The photo on the right ["No Name Key" guy] shows Luis del Cardenas. Luis bounced back-and-forth from No Name Key to the Lantana Airport CIA aviation/parachute facility [West Palm Beach]. He was a member of the parachute infiltration team which was tasked to support extended 2nd Nav/Guerrilla Ops through 1964, but got bored with the "hurry-up-and-wait" routine.

Luis came back to us for the December 1963 insertion headed by Felipe Vidal Santiago. Boat #1 team was Felipe, Roy Hargraves, Eddy Collins, and female war correspondent Dickey Chapelle (Parachutist Qualified).

After difficulties with boat #1 on Christmas Eve 1963, Luis opted to return to the Lantana CIA Base.

I inserted him into the drug interdiction Ops after my return from Africa during July, 1966. After seven months of UC work, he opted not to go to Vietnam [March 1967; and with about $1.3 million "skimmed" from the dopers -- he retired to the "Costa del Sol" in Spain [summer 1967].

I do believe that perusal of documents currently available might be more rewarding than endless failed attempts to "match faces" in Dealey Plaza. If there were 100 known operators photographed in DP, it still doesn't prove nor enlighten anybody as to why they were there, and/or who ordered them to be there ??!!

Impugning guilt via allegations of being a "spectator" along the motorcade route is a total wasted effort, and an insult to the intelligence of those who might well bring real closure to this matter. After 40+ years, not one solid I.D. -- of even a single operator in DP [on or before 11/22/1963], has been confirmed !!

While Grand Jury members are permitted to consider "hearsay" testimony prior to their Presentment, I have yet to see one single solid piece of even unsworn "evidence" that would not be laughed right back to the judge's chambers !!

Chairs,

GPH