The Education Forum

New JFK Dallas film surfaces in Dallas

Guest Mark Valenti

Cliff, if you compare the necks of JFK and the SS agents, you'll see that they all have neat, clearly discernible white shirt collars showing above their jackets. Not so JFK. His jacket seems to come to a peak in the middle of his neck, with either white shirt or neck showing at the side.

I'll also offer that this is my best opinion - the photo isn't clear enough for me to say for certain.

Edited by Mark Valenti

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cliff, if you compare the necks of JFK and the SS agents, you'll see that they all have neat, clearly discernible white shirt collars showing above their jackets. Not so JFK. His jacket seems to come to a peak in the middle of his neck, with either white shirt or neck showing at the side.

I'll also offer that this is my best opinion - the photo isn't clear enough for me to say for certain.

Mark, the right side of the back of JFK's neck was in shadow, no?

You marked the white band at the left-back of his neck, no?

Guest Mark Valenti

There is either white shirt or lighter-than-the-jacket Caucasian skin at the left-back of his neck. It's not clear enough to tell, therefore it's in the eye of the beholder.

I believe the position of the sun would create shadows toward the right and rear. Whether this would be sufficient to snuff out the strong contrast between a stark white shirt and a dark jacket, I couldn't say. It's possible.

There is either white shirt or lighter-than-the-jacket Caucasian skin at the left-back of his neck. It's not clear enough to tell, therefore it's in the eye of the beholder.

I believe the position of the sun would create shadows toward the right and rear. Whether this would be sufficient to snuff out the strong contrast between a stark white shirt and a dark jacket, I couldn't say. It's possible.

Mark, if you have a copy of Unsolved History: Beyond the Magic Bullet -- check out

the Houston St. segment of the Nix film. It shows the jacket collar dropping as JFK

leaned back from his exchange of pleasantries with Nellie.

While not trying to imply anything sinister in making the following observation, I couldn't help but notice that at about the 17-second mark, it appears that a photographer wanders directly into the line of traffic, whereafter the film is clearly interrupted and resumes with the motorcade in far closer range of George Jeffries' camera.

Were it not for the similar, highly odd interruption in Zapruder's footage, I wouldn't even bring it up. It just strikes me peculiar that having waited to film the motorcade, any photographer would inexplicably cease doing so, only to resume seconds thereafter.

Any guesses why Mr. Jeffries would suddenly cease filming, only to resume again a few moments later?

Gary? Any ideas or inside info on this?

Unsurprisingly, the syndicated AP story on this pushes the lone nut angle.

The film ends with some footage the next day outside the Texas School Book Depository, the building from which assassin Lee Harvey Oswald fired the fatal shots. The museum is located on the floor where Oswald set up his sniper's perch.

AP pushes hard to rewrite history, what a surprise...

For Jack White, and others,

While I cannot at this point cite specifics, has not a capture from this film been used in numerous promotions?

Stop the action with a full face JFK view.

Familiar?

I think not. The sequence you refer to is from the DCA film, and moves left to right. This new

film moves right to left. I have not seen it before.

Jack

For Jack White, and others,

While I cannot at this point cite specifics, has not a capture from this film been used in numerous promotions?

Stop the action with a full face JFK view.

Familiar?

I think not. The sequence you refer to is from the DCA film, and moves left to right. This new

film moves right to left. I have not seen it before.

Jack

It does look a bit like the Croft photo, taken later, however. fullcroft.jpg

JWK

Edited by J. William King

Does anyone know where this image comes from? I thought it might be a still from this new film but I don't think so.

James

James -- thanks for posting this. Clearly shows minimal "bunch."

J. William, Mark and Bernice -- I appreciate the adult discourse.

I'm obviously going to have to raise the level of my presentation...

Does anyone know where this image comes from? I thought it might be a still from this new film but I don't think so.

James

James -- thanks for posting this. Clearly shows minimal "bunch."

J. William, Mark and Bernice -- I appreciate the adult discourse.

I'm obviously going to have to raise the level of my presentation...

Hi Cliff:

No discourse from myself, he was turned and looking the other way, with his right arm

not raised in as high a postion, down Elm......I was just the messenger that posted the frame from

the film......we must look at it all, as it becomes available.....imo..

James the photo, you posted was originally by Lee, you will have to contact him..perhaps

he has the name of the photographer....

B.. :cheers

Cliff... I don't take a position one way or the other on the bunching issue at the time the shots were fired. Only that in the new film, at that point in time, it shows to be bunched. I don't think any photographic evidence clearly shows, one way or the other, what condition it was in at the time of the shots. As stated in the above post, we have to look at everything with a critical eye.

JWK

Edited by J. William King