The Education Forum

Charles Brandt on the Hoffa killing and JFK assassination

23 minutes ago, John Kozlowski said:

Never seen this Hoffa doc but that YouTube channel has some good stuff on it. A lot of it is about African American street gangs and drugs but there are some interesting videos on there.

It's not the real Irishman background doc, but is worth seeing for documenting the milieu.  Sidebar discussion: Teamsters Union and drug importation.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An unfortunate blind item found on Crazy Days and Nights, the notorious Hollywood blind item site that is so frequently right, and so frequently indicts Hollywood sexual harassment and pedophilia (which are not what this is item is about):

Blind Item #4

This long-delayed film directed by an aging permanent A list director will finally premiere in about two months.  Three aging A-list actors are featured in starring roles.  This group is so far past their prime, that even the concept of a big-budget film in this genre today would be laughable.  That is, to everyone except the streaming giant.  Yet another colossal waste of money, but the streaming service has already sent signals out that they will spare no expense, legal or not, to try and buy as many awards as possible, for this white elephant of a film.

Edited by David Andrews

Is there, or was there ever, any even halfway credible corroboration as to the validity of Sheeran's enemy soldier killing claims during Sheeran's time in combat in Europe during WW II?

You would think that someone who served alongside Sheeran at any time may have actually seen Sheeran personally killing enemy soldiers at least a few times since Sheeran claims to have killed so many.

Did Brandt ever try to find someone in Sheeran's military combat service time who could have verified his numerous killing claims, even if to a lesser degree but still some?

I feel this is an important point in determining Sheeran's credibility in his later claims of kills in his older adult life. 

If Sheeran killed as many enemy combatants in WWII as he claimed and in cold blooded, point blank shots to the head or body manner, it would lend some believability imo, to his explanation of his conditioned propensity for and openness to accepting killing assignments in civilian life.

I grew up with a parental generation that included active participants in WWII battle combat.

One of my parent's best friends was a fellow who landed at Normandy and who saw live combat in the weeks that followed.

He was just an enlisted man grade infantry soldier but he fired and faced real bullets and even captured a few German soldiers. Apparently he killed a few also.

You would not think of this humble, honest, easy going, working class loyal family man as someone who murdered others in his young adult life. Yet, he did.

If Sheeran's ruthless and even bragged about war killing record is verifiably true, It would be logically difficult "not" to believe that Sheeran would be the type of person who could kill others on orders from high level organized criminal big shots in his later adult civilian life and to do so without the normal hesitation and guilt that most others would feel.

Sheeran definitely seemed as hard ass tough as other well known mob muscle men at that time such as David Yaras and Barney Baker who were also connected to Jimmy Hoffa.

Heck, even little funky strip joint owning Jack Ruby was willing to "hit" someone, even in broad daylight and surrounded by dozens of armed police and right in their own building!

Seth Kantor, who recently joined the ... Information Act, Kantor began to look for the answers to the Jack ... Robert "Barney" Baker was paroled from Sandstone ...

Could Frank Sheeran have killed 25 or more people without hardly anyone but a very, very small and select group of individuals knowing of these deeds? Of course.

Whoever blasted multiple bullet rounds into Sam Giancana's head and mouth right inside Giancanna's own home, whoever cut up Johnny Roselli and sent him on a sea ride, whoever murdered Dorothy Kilgallen, or Henry Marshall and countless others, these killers were never identified and if anyone knew who they really were, they never came forward and told the authorities and mass media who they were.

Sheeran's true civilian killing record could have easily been kept under wraps based on these other true realities of killers and their never being identified.

What would be a shame would be Sheeran's making up the parts of his story which concern interactions with known suspects in the JFK assassination.

I wonder how Scorsese will handle this part of Sheeran's death bed confession as related by author Charles Brandt?

Edited by Joe Bauer

• 3 years later...

FWIW:

I recently saw a tv show about the Joey Gallo hit, work that  Frank Sheeran claimed he did; that used police forensic evidence to prove that there were two different shooters, and two different handguns used to kill Joey Gallo. That is to say, Sheeran's claims about the Gallo hit are false and do not match the known facts. 

IMHO, this deeply calls into question whether anything claimed in the book "I heard you paint houses" is true. Caveat Emptor. 

No, I don't have a cite for the article, nor do I remember where I read it. 

6 hours ago, Cory Santos said:

Brandt was claiming he “solved” the JFK case this past Spring at a book signing event for a different author and said that new evidence would be revealed in this book. I think I’m going to read it. Brandt has been a family friend of my girlfriend for years so I can ask him questions, and I’m sure I’ll have plenty after reading how he supposedly solved the case singlehandedly…

I think that Brandt’s book might get some new people interested in the case, which is a good thing especially if just one of those people starts digging into the primary sources, but I’m pretty damn skeptical about this “new evidence”. If anyone has any JFK related questions for Brandt let me know and I’ll try to pass them along. 

1 minute ago, Tom Gram said:

Brandt was claiming he “solved” the JFK case this past Spring at a book signing event for a different author and said that new evidence would be revealed in this book. I think I’m going to read it. Brandt has been a family friend of my girlfriend for years so I can ask him questions, and I’m sure I’ll have plenty after reading how he supposedly solved the case singlehandedly…

I think that Brandt’s book might get some new people interested in the case, which is a good thing especially if just one of those people starts digging into the primary sources, but I’m pretty damn skeptical about this “new evidence”. If anyone has any JFK related questions for Brandt let me know and I’ll try to pass them along. 

Thanks Tom.  

Hoffa, Giancanna, Roselli all killed "Mafia" style.

You don't hit the higher ups in that hierarchy without the approval of the other highest ups.

What other highest Dons were not hit and left to live and die natural deaths?

Trafficante, Marcello, Lansky, Provenzano, Bufalino ... et al.

Edited by Joe Bauer

On 10/29/2022 at 7:29 AM, Tom Gram said:

Hello Tom, I read Brandt's new book already

Brandt's book is a real piece of crud.

What he does with the Bay of Pigs is really shocking.

I will be reviewing it soon.

I finished Brandt's book, and except for about 15 pages on Ruby,  it is pretty bad.

I started my review and will be done soon.

On 10/29/2022 at 7:29 AM, Tom Gram said:

Tom:

The last thing that Brandt did was solve the JFK case.  Not even close.

https://www.kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-articles/brand-review

Edited by James DiEugenio

6 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Tom:

The last thing that Brandt did was solve the JFK case.  Not even close.

https://www.kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-articles/brand-review

Where James D. finds the intestinal fortitude to read these books is beyond me. 

BTW, James Jarman, also the fifth floor during the JFKA, thought the shots had come from below himself. And he heard no bolt action, or shells dropping. 

Here, in part, is the WC testimony of James Jarman, who was on the fifth floor during the JFKA, and had extensive military service in the US Army:

Representative FORD. Where did you think the sound of the first shot came from? Do you have a distinct impression of that?

Mr. JARMAN. Well, it sounded, I thought at first it had came from below. That is what I thought.

Representative FORD. As you looked out the window and you were looking at the President’s car.

Mr. JARMAN. Yes, sir.

Representative FORD. Did you have a distinct impression as to whether the sound came from your left or from your right?

Mr. JARMAN. I am sure it came from the left.

Representative FORD. But your first reaction, that is was from below.

Mr. JARMAN. Yes, sir.

Representative FORD. When the second shot came, do you have any different recollection?

Mr. JARMAN. Well, they all sounded just about the same.

Representative FORD. You distinctly recall three shots?

Mr. JARMAN. Yes, sir.

Representative FORD. Mr. JARMAN. Yes, sir.

Representative FORD. And at what point did you get up from where you were on your knees in the window?

Mr. JARMAN. When the motorcar picked up speed.

Representative FORD. Was this after what you thought was the third shot?

Mr. JARMAN. The third shot; yes.

Representative FORD. Mr. McCloy said you had been in the army 8 years, two 4-year hitches.

Was there any doubt in your mind that this was a gunshot, either one of the three?

Mr. JARMAN. Not after the second shot. I didn’t have any doubt in my mind then. 

---30---

And Bonnie Ray Williams, also on the fifth floor, said after the first shot, "there was two shots rather close together."

From a single-shot bolt action rifle that has to be re-aimed between shots? "Rather close together"? 

So...let's just believe the witnesses we want to believe. 

In fact, witness testimony about the sound and direction of shots on 11/22 is all over the board. Many witnesses heard four shots. Many, many witnesses thought the last two shots were very close together. Many more thought the shots came from the Grassy Knoll, including Roy Truly of the TSBD. The shots were heard above and below the fifth floor. And so on. 

Then, there is the whole biography of LHO, who almost certainly had years of connections to US intel agencies, and only the scantest of ties to the Mob. Why would LHO join a Mob plot to shoot the President? 

LHO was not said to be "mobbed up"  by anybody, all through his life. Then on 11/22 he becomes mobbed up? Presto-change-o?

The Z -film shows JBC being pushed forward at Z-295. JBC said he was pushed forward by the shot that struck him in his back. Z-295 is less than one second before Z-312, and the JFK headshot. This is not complicated--there has to be two gunman on 11/22, or someone armed with something other than a single-shot bolt action rifle. 

Like the recent, deeply feeble book by Paul Gregory...why this rash of new books pointing everywhere but at US intel agencies...as Biden again ponders release of JFK records? 

I do not envy the life of James D. Maybe he will have to read the Gregory book next.