The Education Forum

The FBI was watching Oswald - yet no report on that package

Harry Holmes and the USPS FBI informants kept tabs on Oswald relentlessly, even opening and resealing his mail.

During the week of March 27 a 5 foot carton arrives at PO Box 2915 from Klein's Sporting Goods.

The USPS informed us about his Worker" subscription which he was receiving at the same time he supposedly picked up the rifle.
The mail he received is even in the famous Backyard photos taken the week of March 27, 1963....

Why is there not a report from the Harry Holmes section (g~d knows he submitted enough himself) or anyone at the FBI detailing the receipt of said carton
or the pistol he supposedly received at about the same time.  

Nor is there any mention of a rifle or pistol in any single FBI report prior to 11/22.

How could they have missed these weapons deliveries?

GOOD QUESTION THAT HARDLY ANYONE ASKS.

Don't ask me why.  But they should have asked the question and Holmes should have been grilled as to why there was never any report on this.

But since Holmes was the WC's boy, they did not.

3 hours ago, David Josephs said:

Harry Holmes and the USPS FBI informants kept tabs on Oswald relentlessly, even opening and resealing his mail.

During the week of March 27 a 5 foot carton arrives at PO Box 2915 from Klein's Sporting Goods.

The USPS informed us about his Worker" subscription which he was receiving at the same time he supposedly picked up the rifle.
The mail he received is even in the famous Backyard photos taken the week of March 27, 1963....

Why is there not a report from the Harry Holmes section (g~d knows he submitted enough himself) or anyone at the FBI detailing the receipt of said carton
or the pistol he supposedly received at about the same time.  

Nor is there any mention of a rifle or pistol in any single FBI report prior to 11/22.

How could they have missed these weapons deliveries?

The purchase of them was actually part of a senatorial investigation into gun running at the time?  Senator??? Agh!!! 

Peter Dale Scott suggested that, and I think it's possible. It brings the Senate Internal security subcommittee into focus, the same group that liaised with Pawley's Operation Tilt

In my opinion, a better answer that fits the actual evidence today is that Oswald never ordered that rifle.

Great question, DJ.  I agree that the best explanation for his “oversight” is that the rifle was never mailed.

Harry Holmes was sure helpful coming up with evidence for that gun.  And he alone—all by himself—heard Oswald tell police he had been to Mexico City.  Funny that no one else heard it.

It never did add up for me...    There is one other thing that's been nagging at me as well....   the advertised rifle has an adjustable rear sight... the 91 TS and FC both have fixed sights.

https://statick2k-5f2f.kxcdn.com/images/pdf/JosephsMOTimeline.pdf

This is something I pulled together when doing the research on the Rifle and Money Order...

The gaping hole in Holmes' story is that the Money Order was found by finding the money order book that still had a stub in it for $21.45 (despite Harry and boys not knowing the actual MO amount)...  point being, this is an approximation of what the original PMO would have looked like before tearing off the 2 parts to hand to the customer leaving the stub at the right in the book...  The WC never offered us the stub or book from which this was supposed to have originated.

https://statick2k-5f2f.kxcdn.com/images/pdf/JosephsRiflePart1.pdf

and this is a detailed and visual a presentation of the Rifle saga with much thanks to John Armstrong for his time gather and tracking down evidence.

One of the most overlooked "details" in this ad is highlighted here.  The SS claimed that the weapon ordered and shipped was a 36" Troop Special Carbine as partially detailed in the ad below...  The FBI claimed the TSBD rifle, the 41"  91/38 Fusile Corto was sent in its place.

The Klein's order was for a MODEL 91TS to match the ad that was running...  as I've asked before to resounding silence, these rifles do not show up until Feb 1963 yet are on ad from August '62.   What was Klein's shipping its customers who ordered C20-T750?  If the FIXED REAR SIGHTED 41" FC rifle was sent which is the same as the TSBD rifle...

When did Klein's get a shipment of FIXED sight rifles between August 1962 and March 1963 and where are the rifles that match this ad?

The Evidence remains the Conspiracy

DJ

Edited by David Josephs

It's not clear if the "Kostikov" letter, sent by LHO to the Russian embassy, was intercepted because of it's destination or because it was sent by LHO.

Has it been determined if HTLINGUAL targeted LHO directly or did the operation simply include all mail sent "to" and "from" the USSR, as well?

If the operation targeted LHO then it's ridiculous to think it would not have targeted any PO Box he established in his true name. Remember that it was the "change of address" notice that triggered the FBI in New Orleans to contact Dallas to re-locate LHO in OCT. '63. That event would support the idea that LHO himself was the target of mail surveillance.

interesting HSCA claim:

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=30142&relPageId=3

On 7/21/2017 at 10:34 AM, Chris Newton said:

Remember that it was the "change of address" notice* that triggered the FBI in New Orleans to contact Dallas to re-locate LHO in OCT. '63.

Sylvia Duran and sister see LHO on or about Sept 26/27.  The CIA claims he is in Mexico from the 26th thru the 3rd of Oct.

Oct 1963 FBI discussion were focused on deciphering the Mexico info with the Kaack report from Oct 31 the first which mentions Oswald in Dallas at the TSBD.

I'd have to think anything related to Oswald in Dallas at that time was removed... as Hoover crafted the fictitious bus trips while learning all thru Nov that Oswald was not there which I believe he already knew.

And since that rifle was not seen in the travel and unpacking at the Paine's he'd have to bring the rifle with him to Mexico and back... which he did not.

* One note here...  The stamp is for Friday the 26th with the process stamp showing Sept 29th.  The front shows this was mailed on the 26th from the Lafayette Square Post Office

with instructions stating to "Mail of Deliver to the Post Office of Old Address"

This shows it was mailed from the same post office which Oswald had his PO Box 30061 which in turn is around the corner from 544 Camp.

This form could have been dropped off, without postage, that same day at the same place.  By the morning of Sept 26th, and according to the FBI evidence, Oswald was sitting next to Osbourne on a bus to Monterrey, MX.

If in fact Oswald did as I theorize and traveled to Austin then Dallas to arrive at Odio Friday night, someone dropping this form into a mailbox creates evidence that Oswald either

A - was still in New Orleans thru the 26th (or the night of the 25th) and left with 2 Cubans after depositing this form in the mail   or
   B - someone else mailed this (and even possibly created it) for him  - does it look to you that "TEXAS" is written over the Sept 29th stamp instead of it being the other way round?

Edited by David Josephs

30 minutes ago, David Josephs said:

does it look to you that "TEXAS" is written over the Sept 29th stamp instead of it being the other way round?

That would be almost impossible to determine without an original that you could tilt to see how the different inks reflect light.

I think the main reason to put him on a bus is the plausible denial of conspiracy... i.e no one took him there in a privately owned vehicle. So anything that didn't fit well with a "bus trip" timeline got obfuscated or swept under the rug.