The Education Forum

The Dual Life of Albert Osborne

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Mark Wengler said:

Has any new documents been released on Osborn?

Mark,

If you go here:

https://www.archives.gov/research/jfk/2017-release

Look for entries in the FROM column which are given as OT or LEG, OT (these are from Ottowa).

As an example, look at item# 138 on p. 3.

Steve Thomas

On 11/17/2017 at 3:36 PM, David Josephs said:

STRINGFELLOW... who would have guessed...  :rolleyes:

The man who officially stated Oswald was arrested in the balcony of the theater; wasn't he attached somehow to 112th... as an informant as well?

Thanks Bart....

David,

I don't know that I would attach too much importance to Stringfellow listed as an FBI informant. Sheriff Decker is also listed two lines down.

I would like to keep Stringfellow's informant ID# in the back of my mind though - T-23. I'd like to see if that pops up anywhere else along the way.

(Although this may just be a one-time assignment of number for this particular report by Barrett).

As for the 112th, see this 112th Region II (Dallas) Spot Report by the 112th on the afternoon of November 22nd:

112th IINTELLIGENCE CORPS GROUP

SPOT REPORT (REGION II)

http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/Weisberg%20Subject%20Index%20Files/A%20Disk/Army%20Intelligence%20112th%20INTC%20San%20Antonio/Item%2007.pdf

A lot of bad information in those Spot Reports. Is Stringfellow getting a lot of things wrong? Is the person reporting what Stringfellow is saying getting it wrong? Is Stringfellow deliberately lying?

See: Army Surveillance of Civilians

https://bkofsecrets.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/armyciviliansurveillance.pdf

Stringfellow and Biggio were working the police radio at the Fairgrounds on 11/22/63

(This is a separate and somewhat murky channel of communication going on. Peter Dale Scott spent some time looking at the communications setup at the Fairgrounds in his Continuity of Government analysis)

Army Apparently didn't tell Commission of Oswald's Alias”

Dallas Morning News March 19, 1978

in the Weisberg Collection

http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/Weisberg%20Subject%20Index%20Files/F%20Disk/FBI/FBI%20Records%20Release%2012-7-77%20News%20Accounts/Item%20069.pdf

Steve Thomas

That is interesting on that FBI report.  DeBrueys key informants are an employee of WDSU and Jesse Core, a good friend of Clay Shaw who alerted Shaw and the FBI about the 544 Camp Street address on an Oswald flyer.

Is this part of the lost period that John Newman talks about in his book, where the FBI says it could not locate Oswald?

So, let's talk about the US Army 112th Military Intelligence Group, Fort Sam Houston, San Antonio, Texas, as it relates to the JFK assassination in general, and to Lee Harvey Oswald in particular.

In my CT, there seems to be somebody inside that Group -- somebody middle to low-level is my guess -- who secretly belongs to the Radical Right in politics, and more specifically, to the "Friends of Walker" political group in Dallas, Texas.

It would be my guess that this middle-to-low level clerk or functionary, was a member of the US Army 24th Infantry Division in Augsburg, Germany, when General Walker was in command.  This is the likely scenario -- that some private in 1960-1961 was a faithful follower of General Walker in Germany -- and then, after Walker moved to Dallas, and after this private was honorably discharged from the 24th Infantry Division, he applied to join the 112th MIG in San Antonio, and he was accepted.

Then, at some point in 1962 or 1963, this private contacted General Walker and joined the "Friends of Walker" political group.  The dues were low, and Ex-General Walker would send out a regular newsletter (two or three pages a month) explaining his recent political activities.  Walker would also include a brochure of his copyrighted speeches for sale at $1 each, as well as buttons and other paraphernalia.

Although the "Friends of Walker" all voted for Walker in the 1962 campaign for Governor of Texas, there were too few of them -- and Walker lost badly.

Yet they never gave up hope.  They wanted Walker for US President -- and that's no joke.   Now -- after the alleged shooting of Walker at his Dallas home on 10 April 1963, the "Friends of Walker" received several hints that JFK and RFK were trying to kill Walker.  This would have radicalized them, IMHO.

So -- when Ex-General Edwin Walker saw the date approach for the JFK assassination, he asked for help from his pal(s) inside the 112th MIG in San Antonio.  Walker asked for official intelligence information on Lee Harvey Oswald -- sufficient to write Fake News Stories about Oswald, to prepare them for newspapers around the world.  This was what Ex-General Walker called "Fourth Dimension Warfare."

"Fourth Dimension," explained Walker to his newsgroup, meant "propaganda."  It was a simple history lesson.  The First Dimension was Land War.  The Second Dimension was Naval War.  The Third Dimension was Airplane Warfare.  So, the Fourth Dimension was Propaganda.

Edwin Walker considered himself an expert on Propaganda.  He knew how to place newspaper articles to suit his political goals.  His confederate inside the 112th most likely helped Walker prepare the News Blurb that Fletcher Prouty saw in the North Pole before Lee Harvey Oswald was even charged with killing JFK.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

13 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

That is interesting on that FBI report.  DeBrueys key informants are an employee of WDSU and Jesse Core, a good friend of Clay Shaw who alerted Shaw and the FBI about the 544 Camp Street address on an Oswald flyer.

Is this part of the lost period that John Newman talks about in his book, where the FBI says it could not locate Oswald?

Jim,

I don't know what period of time John Newman talks about in his book, but there is a two week period between October 19 and November 2nd, 1962 when Oswald went "missing". Nobody knew where he was living. Not his friends, not his wife, not his co-workers, nor any government agency (that we're aware of). This was at the height of the Cuban Missile Crisis, when Oswald was working at Jaggars-Chiles-Stovall.

Steve Thomas

On 11/24/2017 at 4:48 PM, Bart Kamp said:

Bart,

Thanks for sharing this.  One must ask why Mexico was considering barring Albert Osborne from Mexico, when Osborne was running a Baptist Mission there.  Further, that same report says the USA was considering barring Osborne from the USA.   In this case, Osborne would have to return to his native Canada.

So, let us first ask why Osborne would be expelled from Mexico, since he was simply there as a Baptist missionary.  I see two options:

1.  Osborne was not really a Baptist missionary, but a socially undesirable person.
2.  Osborne was not really a Baptist missionary, but a CIA agent

Now let us ask why Osborne would be barred from entering the USA.   If he was a CIA agent, then he would not be barred from entering the USA.  Therefore, there is only one option left, and that is #1. 

Albert Osborne led a very secret life, and had an alias, "John Howard Bowen".   What Baptist missionary has an alias?  Therefore, my conclusion is that Albert Osborne was a socially undesirable person.

There is nothing too mysterious about Albert Osborne.  He was evidently on that bus (and Lee Harvey Oswald wasn't) and the FBI tried to cajole the Americans on that bus into doing their patriotic duty to tell the Warren Commission what they wanted to hear.  Albert Osborne at first agreed -- then he disagreed -- then he agreed again -- then he disagreed again.  That was his personality.

Osborne was a lonely guy.  He didn't make friends.  He had to fake his way into people's lives (e.g. a fake Baptist missionary).  He was known for his subscriptions to Radical Right newsletters and his attendance at KKK rallies in the USA.   But he lived in Mexico.  Evidently, he was too dirty even for the KKK.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

On 11/26/2017 at 1:50 PM, Paul Trejo said:

1.  Osborne was not really a Baptist missionary, but a socially undesirable person.
2.  Osborne was not really a Baptist missionary, but a CIA agent

Now let us ask why Osborne would be barred from entering the USA.   If he was a CIA agent, then he would not be barred from entering the USA.  Therefore, there is only one option left, and that is #1. 

Paul:

I have to disagree with you on a few points. He is not a native of Canada, even though the carried a Canadian passport. He was born in England and spent most of his life in the US and Mexico. He served in the Canadian army from 1917-1919 and I know he did visit Canada. The RCMP investigated him in 1958 for some unknown reason and Osborne himself mentions the YMCA in Montreal and going to Alberta. What is interesting is, how did he get his Canadian passport? He may have obtained it because he served in the Canadian army or maybe he was granted Canadian citizenship.

Do not believe that he was a lonely person. His time spent in Knoxville TN is described in many newspaper reports that showed him involved with people and he was a well known person.

If the Mexican government was going to expel him in 1964, they did not follow through on it because his death certificate mentions that he still had an address in Mexico.

Osborne is a mystery because it is difficult to determine how he earned money after he left the Campfire Council in 1939. He traveled to Mexico, Bermuda and elsewhere and for what reason, it still has to be determined.

As for the KKK rallies and right wing newsletters, what is your source for this?

Edited by John Kowalski