The Education Forum
  • Announcements

• Evan Burton

OPEN REGISTRATION BY EMAIL ONLY !!! PLEASE CLICK ON THIS TITLE FOR INFORMATION REQUIRED FOR REGISTRATION!:   06/03/2017

We have 5 requirements for registration: 1.Sign up with your real name. (This will be your Username) 2.A valid email address 3.Your agreement to the Terms of Use, seen here: http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=21403. 4. Your photo for use as an avatar  5.. A brief biography. We will post these for you, and send you your password. We cannot approve membership until we receive these. If you are interested, please send an email to: edforumbusiness@outlook.com We look forward to having you as a part of the Forum! Sincerely, The Education Forum Team
James DiEugenio

The Stamp on the Military ID card

Tom Hume   

Post Deleted. Damn Photos!!!!

I'll repost this when I get this figured out - sorry.

Edited by Tom Hume

The more I study these two cards, the more I think the Nagell copy was produced via fax or wire and that it is, in fact, the same document as the extant Oswald version.

There are three light grey vertical lines on the right side of Nagell version which apparently were introduced by the copy equipment. (Vicinity of "617").

The images, in the Nagell version, have been stretched horizontally and so that "copy" no longer retains the same "aspect ratio". Older style facsimile machines which used a rolled paper stock were notorious for stretching the images transmitted.

h1jfyngqhsh7unqmqpzp.jpg

Pictured: Communist assassins receiving their orders (L) from the Kremlin (R).

There are numerous places where there is a pattern of dots in exactly the same alignment as the circles on Oswald's version.

Several of the "random" marks on the Nagell copy are coincidentally in the same location as text items we theorize are elements of the "fake postage stamps".

There is a mark in the "coloring" on Oswald's left shoulder that seems to be a perfect match for a "continuation" of the circle marked in blue.

Elements of the Nagell Copy that are disrupted coincidentally coincide with heavily "disrupted" areas on the Oswald version.

circles_scn_1173.jpg

8 hours ago, Chris Newton said:

circles_scn_1173.jpg

Chris,

Is what we see above the "stretched" aspect ratio of Nagell's copy that you speak of? Or did you adjust the aspect so that it would fit that of Oswald's card?

9 hours ago, Chris Newton said:

circles_scn_1173.jpg

There is a mark in the "coloring" on Oswald's left shoulder that seems to be a perfect match for a "continuation" of the circle marked in blue.

If you are referring to the mark at the top of the shoulder, I don't believe that it is part of the circled colored blue. Because on the original 1173 that mark cannot be seen.

If you are referring to the mark at the bottom of the photo, in the white semicircle area, on Oswald's chest, I don't believe that is part of the circled colored blue. Rather, I believe it is part of the Russian security stamp that I believe we can see on the photo.

(Don't get discouraged... I will be agreeing with on another part soon.)

circles_scn_1173.jpg

Elements of the Nagell Copy that are disrupted coincidentally coincide with heavily "disrupted" areas on the Oswald version.

I agree.

One thing I find a bit odd is regarding the squarish "smudge" near the bottom-right corner of Oswalds original 1173. I'm not sure if it doesn't show up at all on Nagell's copy, or if it has been greatly cleaned up on Nagell's copy.

One possibility, I suppose, is that the original card got that smudge while in the custody of the DPD or FBI.

circles_scn_1173.jpg

There are numerous places where there is a pattern of dots in exactly the same alignment as the circles on Oswald's version.

Several of the "random" marks on the Nagell copy are coincidentally in the same location as text items we theorize are elements of the "fake postage stamps".

There are so many randomly placed marks on Nagell's copy  that IMO some are going to be located on the stamped circle and text.

Following are the more convincing marks IMO, with #1 being the most convincing:

1. The "O" on "OCT" has a mark that extends from where the "O" intersects the horizontal line... on the right side of the "O." it is at the correct angle to match the "O" and, if you zoom in, it even has the correct curvature. IMO this is the most compelling coincidence.
  2. The confluence of 1) the bottom of the "63" in "1963" and 2) the circle colored blue, forms a heavy vertical line that appears on Nagell's copy.
  3. The lowest part of the circle colored red does seem to have a number dots that follow it's shape, and those dots are not in areas where there are a bunch of dots. The same can be said of a short segment of the circle colored yellow.
  4. The mark on the curved portion of the "2." It is more convincing because it is long and is at the same angle. On the other hand, it lacks the curvature at the top of the line where it belongs to match the "2." (And it has a curvature where it does not belong.)

Now, here is my problem with accepting these as having come from Oswald's card after he stamped it: Most of these "more convincing" marks are in locations that could have easily been completely erased. And yet they weren't.

And yet, on the other hand, I've studied and found that in areas where it would have been difficult for Nagell (or whoever) to erase the stampings, I see on Nagell's copy signs of disruptions in the text printed on the card.

On the whole, therefore, I have to conclude that someone did indeed work to remove the stamp marks from Nagell's copy of the card.

My guess is that Nagell was unhappy with the way Oswald tried to hide the white semicircle and old Russian Stamp on the photo, and so he undid Oswald's work and then used artist's pencils to show how he would do it. Which was by drawing in a suit coat that covered the white semicircle and Russian stamp.

Tom Hume   

Vintage 3-D Photos of LHO and Friends.

I apologize for my last three posts, which I deleted, that were long explanations of a large set of puzzles that pertain to the pair of nearly identical photos on Oswald’s DD Form 1173, and the phony Alek J Hidell SSS card, the Backyard Photos, and Oswald’s Stereo Realist camera.

My photos did not show up on these two posts - drat!

I think I’ve got my photo links working now, but rather than posting my copious supporting puzzle material that led me to the 3-D stereo photographs below, I will simply post the photos here so you can see them, and I’ll supply my supporting material on a new thread so as to not divert this thread. 

The first set of photos below are CE133A on the left, and 133C on the right, and they are in SUPER 3-D. I simply sized the two photos in accordance with puzzle instructions, and rotated them 88 degrees as per the instructions. One can see deeply down the side of the house. The stairs are practically in one’s face. And Oswald’s 3-D head is thrust toward the viewer. 

Sep_13_2017_-_CE133_A._133c_3.jpg

We are apparently seeing the body of Wesley Frazier with Lee Oswald’s head attached, and the chin is that of JFK. I’ll make this argument elsewhere. 

Since the Backyard Photos and the photos from the 1173 card are part of the same cluster of ICO anagram puzzles, I'm including the BYP here but am not intending to go off topic.

Many of the Stereo Realist cameras had a double exposure function, and those that did not could be retrofitted. Even if Oswald’s Realist had no double exposure function, it would have been easy to accomplish other ways. The camera would have been mounted on a tripod, and tilted 88 degrees.

These photos are meant to be viewed with a Stereoscope. 

images-1.jpg

Note: For viewing with a Stereoscope, the two sets of images need to be about three inches apart. This means that, say, Oswald’s eyes on one photo should be close to 3 inches from Oswald’s eyes on the other photo. I don’t know how they will show up on your monitor, but do what ever you need to do to comply with the 3 inch requirement. 

Without a card in the card holder on the Stereoscope, one might be able to view the stereo images directly on one’s monitor - I can. By bringing the stick that carries the card holder close to the monitor, some of you may be able to get a good focus. If not, you’ll either have to cut off the stick, or print out a 7 inch wide copy of the photo pair and put it in your card holder. Once you start asking around, you’ll probably find that many of your friends and relatives have a nice vintage Stereoscope in their closet. The cardboard ones you can buy on line for $3.95 are junk. 

The 3-D from the SSS card and the 1173 card is tame in comparison to the BYPs, and is most noticeable in the chin area. I'll say that again, it's the chin area that the 3-D creator (probably by Nagell) apparently concentrated on, the head area seems less robust. And the top set of two photos are there merely for comparison - they are not 3-D. With a Stereoscope, look from the bottom set to the top set and notice the somewhat subtle yet obvious difference. 3-D on the bottom set, no 3-D on the top set. Keep comparing the two sets and you should get it. The 3-D is on the subtle side, but it is definitely present in the lower set of two photos.

1173_84_degree_Sep_14_2017.png

It’s my current belief that we are seeing a composite photo with “Lee’s” (Igor’s) face, “Harvey’s” ears, and “JFK’s” 3-D chin. As before, I’ll make this argument elsewhere. 

Beg, borrow, or steal, a Stereoscope, and I think you’ll be both surprised and puzzled.

Please let me know if my photos did not post - I can see them.

Tom

Edited by Tom Hume