The Education Forum

Delay in release of records.

Cory Santos

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big surprise.

This is ridiculous.  The law requires the files be completely released today unless the president intervenes.  It doesn't say anything about waiting for different agencies to maybe want to have some things withheld or redacted.  A little late for that anyway--they've only had 25 years...

Edited by Brian Schmidt

Absurd. 

Like Ty Carpenter said...they've had 25 years to edit, redact, blur, shred and lose everything already, and after all that time and effort to do so, now this?

What, are they paranoid still that somehow they missed something?

Just adds to the incredible suspicion they have created since JFK.

Supposedly it's documents from the 1990's that refer to people who are still alive, but I'm skeptical.

Then there's this:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-jfk-assassination-files-20171026-story.html

"Clearly there are documents, plural, files, plural, being appealed to him," said University of Virginia historian Larry Sabato, an authority on Kennedy. Of the pressure on Trump, Sabato said, "I'm told reliably that it continues and that it has intensified." The historian said documents generated in the 1990s that could contain the names of people who are still alive are of particular concern to those who want files held back.

It just makes it so obvious that Sabato is a shill.

Edited by Brian Schmidt

42 minutes ago, Brian Schmidt said:

Supposedly it's documents from the 1990's that refer to people who are still alive, but I'm skeptical.

Then there's this:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-jfk-assassination-files-20171026-story.html

"Clearly there are documents, plural, files, plural, being appealed to him," said University of Virginia historian Larry Sabato, an authority on Kennedy. Of the pressure on Trump, Sabato said, "I'm told reliably that it continues and that it has intensified." The historian said documents generated in the 1990s that could contain the names of people who are still alive are of particular concern to those who want files held back.

It just makes it so obvious that Sabato is a shill.

I had a thought a couple of years ago that as long as GHWB was still, shall we say in today's terms, patting ladies on the butt, that they wouldn't release some of the documents.

They had to have done this on purpose.  They knew in July that Martha Murphy planned on obeying the law and letting it all go today.

I really hope he stands up to these clowns.

Of course they prepared objections and postponement/redaction requests. No doubt NARA knew that, hence there comments on "flux". On the other hand I suspect the White House and certainly the President has no clue to how such things work and that Trump will have to respond to each of those requests - I would be amazed if the WH had known enough to ask for a list.

http://jfkfacts.org/jfk-records-act-says-today/

Is not one of the problems that the act had no method of enforcement, no penalties for failure to comply.  Funding cut for the CIA?  Who's going to jail for non compliance?  They're probably standing at the windows at Langley looking toward the capitol wagging their tongues with their thumbs in their ears wiggling their fingers saying nanny nanny boo boo screw you.

9 minutes ago, Brian Schmidt said:

Trump's taking advice from CIA and FBI and withholding/redacting some of the files for a six month review period.

Official statement to come from the White House soon.

Translation:  Trump is withholding those documents. Not for six months... forever.

Anything not released today will never be released without yet another act of Congress. (An executive order might work.)

Edited by Sandy Larsen

David Talbot wrote on Facebook today:

Unbelievable...or all too believable. The CIA is still scrambling to undermine the full, non-redacted release of the JFK documents, as today's deadline expires. And even if the release finally happens, it won't be complete, as my attorney Dan Hardway and I are discovering. The CIA and State Department just informed us that our requests for records relating to William Harvey, head of the CIA assassination program against Castro and other leaders, have been "denied in full." This stonewalling is a blatant violation of the letter and spirit of the JFK Records Act, which called for the complete release of these relevant documents by TODAY.