Jump to content
The Education Forum
James DiEugenio

Where is the exit?

Recommended Posts

Here is something that I think most of us have thought about before but have not debated openly I think in awhile.

If the anterior neck wound is an entrance, where is the exit hole?

IMO, this issue had driven some people to theorize its not an entrance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/23/2018 at 10:53 PM, Joseph McBride said:

Probably the bullet went into the chest. 

Factually incorrect.

The back wound at T3 was too low to have been associated with the hairline fracture of the right T1 transverse process. 

That's where the throat round stopped, leaving an air pocket overlaying the right T1 and C7 transverse processes.

T1 is too low for a bullet/skull fragment to both fracture the T1TP and exit the throat under the adams apple, so the hairline fracture could only have caused by a shot to the throat from the front.

Edited by Cliff Varnell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

Here is something that I think most of us have thought about before but have not debated openly I think in awhile.

If the anterior neck wound is an entrance, where is the exit hole?

IMO, this issue had driven some people to theorize its not an entrance.

It's a fake issue. 

A false mystery spread by those who don't know the first thing about the murder of JFK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gees Joe, that is about the last thing I wanted to do.

I really wanted this to be more than about Varnell's ego.

But in your first reply, if it went into the chest, did it deflect off something?  It must have, right?

The other point I wanted to air is this:  Is JFK's reaction with his hands going up, is that really an indication about his neck wound?  Other people, like Don Thomas and Martin Hay, have argued its actually not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

Gees Joe, that is about the last thing I wanted to do.

I really wanted this to be more than about Varnell's ego.

But in your first reply, if it went into the chest, did it deflect off something?  It must have, right?

The other point I wanted to air is this:  Is JFK's reaction with his hands going up, is that really an indication about his neck wound?  Other people, like Don Thomas and Martin Hay, have argued its actually not.

It's an indication of something. It looks to me like he freezes at that moment, as if he's been hit with something that partially paralyzed him. His hands never get to his throat. I'm one of those that think he was hit in the throat from in front first. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Gees Joe, that is about the last thing I wanted to do.

Examine the clothing evidence and the neck x-ray are the last thing you're going to do, Jim.

Better to throw pixie dust over the issue and keep The Question of Conspiracy Parlor Game going.

Quote

I really wanted this to be more than about Varnell's ego.

Too bad you didn't want to make it about the evidence.

Too bad this isn't an issue with which you're familiar.

Quote

But in your first reply, if it went into the chest, did it deflect off something?  It must have, right?

Is the right T1 transverse process in the chest area?

Quote

The other point I wanted to air is this:  Is JFK's reaction with his hands going up, is that really an indication about his neck wound?

And this from a guy who claims to know everything about the assassination...

Quote

Other people, like Don Thomas and Martin Hay, have argued its actually not.

No, their "arguments" as ridiculous as Von Pein's.

There is a particular class of JFK assassination researchers who find it necessary to cloud the issue of the T3 back wound/throat entrance in order to inflate the significance of their own work.

Don Thomas isn't going to recognize the T3 back wound because to do so would render his research on the acoustic evidence moot.

The more ambitious the JFKA researcher the more likely that person is going to deny T3/throat entrance.

Edited by Cliff Varnell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Paul Brancato said:

It's an indication of something. It looks to me like he freezes at that moment, as if he's been hit with something that partially paralyzed him. His hands never get to his throat. I'm one of those that think he was hit in the throat from in front first. 

You "think"?

Paul, do you regard this is a matter of opinion?

I think 1 + 1 = 2.  I think the sun sets in the West.  I don't think the top of my back is 4 inches below the bottom of my shirt collar.

How about you, Paul?

This issue should have been settled in 1966.

Edited by Cliff Varnell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Joseph McBride said:

We will refer this to Cliff who knows all and has X-ray vision.

You bet!

I know all about how shirts move and if a bullet enters a shirt 4 inches below the bottom of the collar it doesn't take x-ray vision to see that location is not the top of the back, where damage was done according to the cervical x-ray.

You see, Joseph, I wear a shirt about 16 hours a day so I have plenty of opportunity to become familiar with the clothing evidence in the murder of JFK.

Edited by Cliff Varnell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Here is something that I think most of us have thought about before but have not debated openly I think in awhile.

If the anterior neck wound is an entrance, where is the exit hole?

IMO, this issue had driven some people to theorize its not an entrance.

These "some people" are commonly referred to as Lone Nutters.

It's a Lone Nutter talking point, after all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Joseph, please pardon the severity of my rhetoric as I have little patience for Lone Nut talking points raised by James DiEugenio.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gentle reader, we're studying a homicide, right?

What do the cops do at the scene of a homicide -- gather the physical evidence, right?

The only extant physical evidence related to the JFK homicide is his clothing.

David Mantik verified the authenticity of the cervical x-ray, which shows the hairline fracture at T1.

The bullet entering 4 inches below the bottom of the shirt collar was too low to have caused that fracture, which could only have been caused by a shot from the front.

Why do Big Name JFK Assassination Experts resent me pointing out obvious facts? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

It's an indication of something. It looks to me like he freezes at that moment, as if he's been hit with something that partially paralyzed him. His hands never get to his throat. I'm one of those that think he was hit in the throat from in front first. 

Paul,

Please consider this: if he was first shot in the throat, how could he say "My God, I've been hit"?  This is why I believe the shallow, low trajectory back wound was hit #1 possibly from the Dal-Tex building (not necessarily shot #1) which may have partially paralyzed him as you say.  I think hit #2 was the frontal throat shot through the windshield, probably from the south knoll.  

Jim,

I might ask the same question on the location of the shallow back wound - where did that round end up?  Didn't a Parkland ER nurse pick up an intact round off the floor?

Thanks

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Rick McTague said:

Paul,

Please consider this: if he was first shot in the throat, how could he say "My God, I've been hit"?  This is why I believe the shallow, low trajectory back wound was hit #1 possibly from the Dal-Tex building (not necessarily shot #1) which may have partially paralyzed him as you say.  I think hit #2 was the frontal throat shot through the windshield, probably from the south knoll.  

Jim,

I might ask the same question on the location of the shallow back wound - where did that round end up?  Didn't a Parkland ER nurse pick up an intact round off the floor?

Thanks

 

#1 question in the entire case, imo -- Where did the back wound round go?

Edited by Cliff Varnell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is some evidence that there was a bullet recovered e.g. the receipt for missile thing.  And the late Robert Morrow said that he knew one of the doctors at the morgue and he told him that there was a bullet taken out of Kennedy's back.

That is something that I think is explainable.

But the no exit for the throat wound is a real puzzler to me.

Edited by James DiEugenio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...