The Education Forum

JFK on Hulu

One of the things I talked about on Len's show this week was how much more data we have on this case today due to this film.

Therefore, what one could do today because of that enormous amount of new information.

Its a disgrace in retrospect what happened to Oliver Stone.  I have always believed the main reason was the Vietnam angle of the film.  People just did not want to believe that without Kennedy's death there would not have been a Vietnam War.  But not only was the film correct back then, it is now backed up with so much data that it approaches a hundred per cent certainty.  And this is what I mean about the wages of secrecy.  And how it cripples democracy.

So to think that the other attack angle was through JAMA, my God.  The medical evidence today in this case is, again, stronger now that it was then.  Again, thanks to this film and the creation of the ARRB.

One of the hack writers who made it his agenda to knock Stone was Ed Epstein, Mr. "Hey isn't Jim Angleton brilliant? Philby was really a triple agent."  

Anyway, two idiot journals allowed him to vent his spleen on the film.  No one took him on so I did.Three times.

https://kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-articles/the-abstract-reality-of-edward-epstein

Just read your Epstein piece Jim.

Always wonder how many members of the forum actually do read your reviews? 

I highly recommend reading them to those who truly appreciate deeper research understanding ( or at least intelligent well documented debate for those who may not agree with your views ) of the people and issues you address. 

The massive, long term journalistic barrage against Garrison ( as well as Oliver Stone and his film JFK ) was and still is tragic and so revealing of the true state of the failings of our fourth estate since JFK's assassination ( with serious democracy stressing consequences ) including corruption, manipulation and weakening of it by those with dark power and control agendas.

Edited by Joe Bauer

Thanks Joe.  Most of them are too long to post here.

So I just provide the links.

Epstein was a queer character.  Some people think he simply switched sides.  But there were some who actually felt that he was one of the early plants.  But when he turned, he really turned.

And he has more or less kept it up ever since.  Same thing on Snowden.  The Nation ripped him to shreds on that one.

Edited by James DiEugenio

Jim, could you expand on your comments regarding Snowden?

Was Snowden ripped to shreds in the Nation by Epstein?

No, Epstein's book on Snowden was torn apart there:

https://www.thenation.com/article/alternative-facts/

BTW, Epstein did the same with the Black Panthers.  In that case, he tried to cover up for the FBI's COINTELPRO operation against them.

This is one reason I say, what you do not know about modern history you will find in the JFK case. 

12 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

No, Epstein's book on Snowden was torn apart there:

https://www.thenation.com/article/alternative-facts/

BTW, Epstein did the same with the Black Panthers.  In that case, he tried to cover up for the FBI's COINTELPRO operation against them.

This is one reason I say, what you do not know about modern history you will find in the JFK case. 

Never read this before.  Thanks.  From Inquest to it is quite the deception.

For the film "JFK" the deleted scenes are also pretty good and useful. Also watching the film with Stone's commentary is enlightening because he can explain what were composite characters and also what he used for cinematic effect. The deleted scenes are on youtube.  

Jim

Much of what I learn about the case derives from your reviews.  The casual reader might otherwise be fooled by the amount of spin and disinformation that exists with the JFK story. Much of it its written in a devious and skillful manner, so as to have the ring of authenticity ... particularly the work of critics like Gus Russo, Phillip Shenon and Max Holland, and mainstream authors like Edward Epstein and Anthony Summers.  Then there are the more blatant sources like Dave Perry, Dale Meyers, Patricia Lambert and Gerald Posner.   Although I'm inclined to like and believe in certain authors like Harrison Livingstone and Joan Mellen, you keep us all honest with your reviews and insights.  Navigating this sea of written material is daunting and hazardous ... your reviews provide a beacon to keep us on course and better informed ... because of your critical reviews, I better understand the complexity of the assassination story - who to belive and who to trust but verify.  Your reviews have also stimulated the related subjects of the mainstream media's reluctance (if not resistance) to finding the truth, the active pattern and strategy of disinformation, and the historical backdrop of JFK's actual political legacy ... topics that are as interesting as who pulled the triggers and orchestrated the plot.

Gene Kelly    

16 minutes ago, Gene Kelly said:

Jim

Much of what I learn about the case derives from your reviews.  The casual reader might otherwise be fooled by the amount of spin and disinformation that exists with the JFK story. Much of it its written in a devious and skillful manner, so as to have the ring of authenticity ... particularly the work of critics like Gus Russo, Phillip Shenon and Max Holland, and mainstream authors like Edward Epstein and Anthony Summers.  Then there are the more blatant sources like Dave Perry, Dale Meyers, Patricia Lambert and Gerald Posner.   Although I'm inclined to like and believe in certain authors like Harrison Livingstone and Joan Mellen, you keep us all honest with your reviews and insights.  Navigating this sea of written material is daunting and hazardous ... your reviews provide a beacon to keep us on course and better informed ... because of your critical reviews, I better understand the complexity of the assassination story - who to believe and who to trust but verify.  Your reviews have also stimulated the related subjects of the mainstream media's reluctance (if not resistance) to finding the truth, the active pattern and strategy of disinformation, and the historical backdrop of JFK's actual political legacy ... topics that are as interesting as who pulled the triggers and orchestrated the plot.

Gene Kelly    

Totally agree with Gene here.

Only wish I could express myself as well as Gene.

Anyone ever see Executive Action, I assume most have? Early 70s version of the assassination with Burt Lancaster and Robert Ryan. It's not bad but obviously not factually correct and slow compared to Stone's flair. Definitely an interesting early look. Shocked that it got made.

43 minutes ago, Derek Thibeault said:

Anyone ever see Executive Action, I assume most have? Early 70s version of the assassination with Burt Lancaster and Robert Ryan. It's not bad but obviously not factually correct and slow compared to Stone's flair. Definitely an interesting early look. Shocked that it got made.

Seen that for the 1st time a few years ago. I agree that it shocking that it was allowed to get made and even more shocking to me that major actors at that time accepted the roles. 

Edited by John Kozlowski

On 3/1/2019 at 11:20 PM, James DiEugenio said:

One of the things I talked about on Len's show this week was how much more data we have on this case today due to this film.

Therefore, what one could do today because of that enormous amount of new information.

Its a disgrace in retrospect what happened to Oliver Stone.  I have always believed the main reason was the Vietnam angle of the film.  People just did not want to believe that without Kennedy's death there would not have been a Vietnam War.  But not only was the film correct back then, it is now backed up with so much data that it approaches a hundred per cent certainty.  And this is what I mean about the wages of secrecy.  And how it cripples democracy.

So to think that the other attack angle was through JAMA, my God.  The medical evidence today in this case is, again, stronger now that it was then.  Again, thanks to this film and the creation of the ARRB.

One of the hack writers who made it his agenda to knock Stone was Ed Epstein, Mr. "Hey isn't Jim Angleton brilliant? Philby was really a triple agent."  

Anyway, two idiot journals allowed him to vent his spleen on the film.  No one took him on so I did.Three times.

https://kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-articles/the-abstract-reality-of-edward-epstein

For many years, until fairly recently in my life, I was suckered by the mainstream U.S. media into believing that Oliver Stone was a flaky pseudo-historian--- a meme that was recently repeated by Fred Litwin in his Canadian television ( CBC) interview, posted here by David Von Pein.

I don't even remember where I originally got that erroneous negative opinion about Oliver Stone, but it was probably from the New York Times, which I have read fairly regularly for the past 45 years. 

It was only after I watched Stone's film, JFK, again a few years ago, and started reading some related literature (by Fletcher Prouty, Sylvia Meagher, James DiEugenio, and others) that I realized Oliver Stone had been skillfully defamed by the mainstream media.

Lately, I have been carefully studying all of Oliver Stone's films-- including Nixon, W., Salvador, the Vietnam trilogy, On Any Given Sunday, Wall Street, Natural Born Killers, the Doors, Talk Radio, etc.  I also watched his Untold History of the United States series, and read the companion book that Stone co-authored with American University history Prof. Peter Kuznick.

I realize now that Oliver Stone is, frankly, a national treasure-- as an artist AND as a historian of our American culture and imperial mythology.