The Education Forum

Goodbye John Oliver

Kirk - My lament surfaces whenever someone like Fareed Z or Oliver actually repeat the WC lie when given an easy route in to the subject, such as QAnon and Trump. The equating of people who disbelieve the Warren Commission and people who believe the wild theories floating around still shocks me.

Edited by Paul Brancato

When someone posts Galloway or CV I am forced to read them. Wrong again Kirk.

Al Gore commented on the issue, not once, but twice.  

Once he said, running as VP,  that he simply did not believe the WR.  Against W,  in a debate, he said that a lot of the pessimism about the political process began with the assassinations of the sixties.  He was not ostracized or marginalized either time.

The reason Gore said these things was due to his relationship with the late FOIA lawyer Bud Fensterwald.  Both came from upper class families in Tennessee.  When Gore arrived in Washington as a congressman Bud approached him.  He said words to the effect: Before you leave for home on Friday afternoon, come into my office and I will have certain documents placed on a desk for you that I would like you to read.  Its about the JFK case.  It will take  you maybe 45 minutes, an hour  to read them. Gore agreed to do it.

After about a year of this, Gore told Bud, you are right, it was a conspiracy.  That is the back story to why Gore said what he said in public.  But further, according to Patricia Duff, who worked for the HSCA, Gore was still very interested in the JFK case while he was Vice President. Which is probably why Clinton rammed through the ARRB after H. W. Bush tried to sabotage it.

One person, like Oliver Stone, RIchard Belzer, or Gore can do a lot.  

Edited by James DiEugenio

I’m guessing that John Oliver also has a production team or producers of his show that lean a certain way,  and Oliver is just going with what he’s been told. Because it doesn’t look he’s done any research into the topic at all.

The Joe Rogan char with Oliver Stone that I just posted will probably get a couple of million views or more over the coming days, so hopefully stuff like this will help counter the rubbish John Oliver has just spread - our Oliver is better than their Oliver.

42 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

When someone posts Galloway or CV I am forced to read them.

I can forgive John Oliver for not knowing the location of JFK’s T3 back wound — the prima facie case for conspiracy — but Jim DiEugenio’s ignorance of this root fact is unforgivable.

Anthony, speaking of Oliver--and thanks for posting that interview--I still think this was one of the best openings in recent American film history. Here is a fuller version of what Ike said. And this is what one guy can do.  I mean how many people really were aware of how important this speech was before 1991?

Edited by James DiEugenio

I hear you Paul, but both Fareed and John Oliver were born after the JFKA assassination ,and out of the U.S, probably not the most ideal upbringing to learn about a JFK conspiracy.

Marianne Williamson Robert, pretty cool! What I really agree with her about in her campaign was she says Americans should take more responsibility for their health. I don't assume she's talking about people who find themselves with a chronic condition, but just that Americans should take better care of themselves.

Yes Al Gore, isn't it interesting that it hardly moved the needle back in the 90's, I hadn't even heard of it at the time, he certainly didn't campaign on it, where as now, it would be death knell. Trump wasn't very overtly conspiratorial in his campaign, but he got a pass on a lot of scrutiny about things he thought and said, because no one thought he was going to be a threat.

In the 90's, things were different.. Which might have had something to do with Stones "JFK" and the ARRB. To give you an example, ABC news (total MSM)and Sylvia Chase did an episode of 20/20 with a segment on Dr.Charles Crenshaw who was present at both the operations of JFK and Oswald. He tells of JFK's entrance wound from the front and accounts 2 days later, while trying desperately to save Oswald's life getting a phone call  from LBJ, directing the head surgeon to get a deathbed confession from LHO. Subsequent investigation said Crenshaw's account was fraudulent. So it wasn't that the MSM was doing everything to cover up a JFKA conspiracy if it had become popular and there was some money to be made by it.

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

How horrible to think comedians are now supposed to be the source of reliable information and analysis about current events and history. Jon Stewart and Steve Colbert also had an artful way of getting us to laugh at something ridiculous while moments later rolling their eyes at something they want us to dismiss as mere "conspiracy theory." Even stranger when comedians get angry and start emotionally wagging their fingers at people and ranting. What a betrayal to see John Oliver carrying on this tradition of reining in the masses.  

I take the Covid crisis seriously, because even if I'm wrong, I'd rather error on the side of safety and saving lives. But using doubts about Covid to debunk research about the JFK assassination speaks volumes as to why television and its "show biz" are run by some genuinely ruthless characters.  

20 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Paul, you've been living with this all your life. Why  are you continually so surprised and lamenting? None of the ms news media has anyone who expresses a belief in the JFKAC.

What about politicians?, No politicians have campaigned  on reopening the JFKA. The reason is clear. As an issue, it's not in the top 40 with the Democrats and not in the top 100 of Republicans. You will get more people  in the "TQ" of the LGBTQ to come out in the streets to protest than you will about the JFK assassination.  The politicians realize it's a gain of 1%, at the possible "conspiracy" loss of 3-4%.

We have a president who supposedly believes, though he's done nothing for the Kennedy conspiracy. But Trumps belief in conspiracies  and some of these crazy groups that follow him and their plans of action are newsworthy.  They're now a dime a dozen, like Wheeler, who for some reason picks us, rather than people closer to his beliefs because he says he likes to be generally  obstinate to us to see our reaction. You may think he's worth mentioning, but IMO by and large, these groups are going to contaminate the JFKA Conspriracy movement and relegate it to the trashbin of history, as you are noting  the broad brush already.

Here's Don Jeffries who occasionally posts here  asking Jim Di/forum favorite for President Tulsi Gabbard about her clutching, "JFK  and the Unspeakable", and she responds she never got around to reading it.

Hey Don, about a year ago. I  got to a hotel late one night. After I got settled, I had this craving for something sweet so I went out to get a milkshake. And I heard the "All Night Flight" or whatever they call it, and you were the guest. You talked about many historical things, Lincoln , the Civil War.  I haven't really looked into some of the things to have a viewpoint, but it was very interesting and entertaining! Keep it up!

Kirk,

Thanks for posting that (and listening to "Coast to Coast," which I imagine is the show you heard me on). Actually, if you listen to Tulsi's reply to me, she says that she hasn't finished the book. She also suggests, with perhaps some nervous hesitation, that she has been persuaded by the premise of the book. I also gave her a copy of my book "Survival of the Richest," which is now out in paperback with a new Foreword by Naomi Wolf. I still fantasize about her reading it....

The "psychoanalysis" reminds me of the Penn and Teller episode on conspiracy theories. Can't believe money was spent producing such garbage. I bet some hard answers could be resolved for less than the amount of money spent on those awful TV specials.

On 7/21/2020 at 7:14 PM, Kirk Gallaway said:

To give you an example, ABC news (total MSM)and Sylvia Chase did an episode of 20/20 with a segment on Dr.Charles Crenshaw who was present at both the operations of JFK and Oswald. He tells of JFK's entrance wound from the front and accounts 2 days later, while trying desperately to save Oswald's life getting a phone call  from LBJ, directing the head surgeon to get a deathbed confession from LHO. Subsequent investigation said Crenshaw's account was fraudulent. So it wasn't that the MSM was doing everything to cover up a JFKA conspiracy if it had become popular and there was some money to be made by it.

Not sure why you wrote the part I highlighted, Kirk. You know, don't you, that Crenshaw was later vindicated?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjv1oWKnuXqAhWFQs0KHSo0C3UQFjATegQICxAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjfk.hood.edu%2FCollection%2FWeisberg%20Subject%20Index%20Files%2FC%20Disk%2FCrenshaw%20Charles%20A%20Dr%2FItem%2003.pdf&usg=AOvVaw3Bw5ICKixA-OvXy0S3dEF6

See page 4.

36 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Yeah, at the very least, we know from the 11/30/1963 Bryce Miller newspaper article that Dr. Crenshaw was present at the trauma ward in Parkland hospital, let alone his mentions in the WC testimonies. Also the HSCA tried interviewing Crenshaw in the late 70's, but they didn't like what he had to say so they didn't even bother making a public report on the interview. And at least a couple witnesses corroborated Crenshaw in saying that LBJ himself called Parkland hospital.

Edited by Micah Mileto

Thanks Sandy, I heard the refuting of the phone call by someone with authority, here maybe 4-5  years ago?here in the forum. .There was no dispute about LBJ phoning and no dispute that Crenshaw was the Doctor who took the call, though I also heard people refute that he was in the operating room, but it was confirmed he was. 

It's the content of the call, which nobody knows but Crenshaw. It's a little hazy, for me, but the story someone here said , was that Crenshaw accounts first made the phone call much more damning of LBJ. I believe, according to Crenshaw, LBJ expressed a desire  that they say they receive a death bed confession from Oswald and the he dies, but as I say it's hazy.. He then was persuaded that that information would be too damning of LBJ,and  told he should give the watered down version. Which of course, is another attempted assault on Crenshaw's credibility.

I've been scouring old posts here in the archives, but most of them just refer to his account of the head wounds. I'll look further and see if I can find who said it.As far as I'm concerned, I'd like Crenshaw to be completely credible.

The greater point I was trying to make is that there's a myth that the MSM for years has to been too threatened to air such a story disputing the WC. Though I would agree, for 20 years there was a successful blackout of research into the JFKA that contradicted the WC.But  I think at that point in time after Stone's JFK, and ARRB, in this case ABC, was motivated by money and ratings, and decided that there was enough popular "buzz" that they would air it. 

Edited by Kirk Gallaway