The Education Forum

Lone Gunman podcast: L. Fletcher Prouty a xxxx?

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, Chris Barnard said:

Amateur hour ...

I would suggest you go read the ARRB notes and interview of L. FLetcher Prouty, he didn't even put up a fight! Pretty much contradicted everything he had ever said regarding the assassination.  Amateur hour? Go do a little research and get back to me, here, I'll make real easy for you...allegation by allegation decimated.

http://documents.theblackvault.com/documents/jfk/NARA-Oct2017/ARRB/CBARGER/WP-DOCS/PROUTY11.WPD.pdf

Or if you like, keep your blinders on, believe a "movie", and go drop some hard earned money on the shill hyped "Papers of L. Fletcher Prouty" 🖕😂🖕

Well, two points in clarification of the ARRB document's findings:

• Regarding the Christchurch newspaper data on Oswald, ARRB says that the board has collected other early news reports on Oswald's bio, and promises to check them against Prouty's assertion that Christchurch received information pre-packaged before the assassination.  But no conclusion is reported.  The delay also forestalled ARRB determination of whether any news outlet received impossibly early information on Oswald, which ought to have been an important objective.
  • While Prouty demurs from naming Marine Corps general Victor Krulak as the correspondent who corroborated his identification of Edward Lansdale in the "three tramps" photo, Prouty has elsewhere identified Krulak and has quoted his letter in full.  I seem to remember that Prouty released photos or photocopies of both pages of the Krulak letter, but can't be sure.
Edited by David Andrews

1 hour ago, Rob Clark said:

I would suggest you go read the ARRB notes and interview of L. FLetcher Prouty, he didn't even put up a fight! Pretty much contradicted everything he had ever said regarding the assassination.  Amateur hour? Go do a little research and get back to me, here, I'll make real easy for you...allegation by allegation decimated.

http://documents.theblackvault.com/documents/jfk/NARA-Oct2017/ARRB/CBARGER/WP-DOCS/PROUTY11.WPD.pdf

Or if you like, keep your blinders on, believe a "movie", and go drop some hard earned money on the shill hyped "Papers of L. Fletcher Prouty" 🖕😂🖕

I got to the point where the host couldn't conceive a reason why Fletcher Prouty hadn’t gone to the Warren Commission with his thoughts and suspicions at the time. 
🤷‍♂️ 

2 hours ago, Rob Clark said:

reading the AARB notes confirms my long -term suspicions about Prouty - his fake expertise on presidential security, his talk of a manual of procedure as though he was specifically aware of one and how it had been violated in Dallas. He always, to me, had an aura of fakery. This, assuming it's all accurate, confirms it.

2 hours ago, David Andrews said:

Well, two points in clarification of the ARRB document's findings:

• Regarding the Christchurch newspaper data on Oswald, ARRB says that the board has collected other early news reports on Oswald's bio, and promises to check them against Prouty's assertion that Christchurch received information pre-packaged before the assassination.  But no conclusion is reported.  The delay also forestalled ARRB determination of whether any news outlet received impossibly early information on Oswald, which ought to have been an important objective.
  • While Prouty demurs from naming Marine Corps general Victor Krulak as the correspondent who corroborated his identification of Edward Lansdale in the "three tramps" photo, Prouty has elsewhere identified Krulak and has quoted his letter in full.  I seem to remember that Prouty released photos or photocopies of both pages of the Krulak letter, but can't be sure.

Oswald's bio was out there quickly because of his prior defection and also his arrest in New Orleans. It also contained early "wire report" mistakes that other papers, not just the Christchurch paper also ran with.

Again, a ring...back of man's head...captured mid stride? Evidence of nothing...show me photo of the same man captured with a clear facial shot , and we can talk. You really think Gen. Ed Landsdale would be caught dead walking in Dealey Plaza after the assassination in front of all those newsmen and cameras? It's laughable...

59 minutes ago, Rob Clark said:

Again, a ring...back of man's head...captured mid stride? Evidence of nothing...show me photo of the same man captured with a clear facial shot , and we can talk. You really think Gen. Ed Landsdale would be caught dead walking in Dealey Plaza after the assassination in front of all those newsmen and cameras? It's laughable...

Not too long ago, it was discussed here that the "Lansdale" figure in the photo appears to be wearing eyeglasses.

I'm an agnostic on it.  I'll note that Prouty would have often seen Lansdale walking away, and that the Krulak letter appears to support his opinion with another's.

The Lansdale figure giving the high sign to the "three tramps" has always been speculative.  Why would he know these lowlifes?  If the tall tramp is grinning, it could have been because "Lansdale" gave him a dirty look.

Edited by David Andrews

1 hour ago, Chris Barnard said:

I got to the point where the host couldn't conceive a reason why Fletcher Prouty hadn’t gone to the Warren Commission with his thoughts and suspicions at the time. 
🤷‍♂️ 

Nice deflection of the facts...and it's a valid point based his previous claims that he thought right away something was up with being sent to the South Pole. He sh*ts the bed with his Church Committee allegations.....HSCA? naaaahh....Oliver Stone? YES!$$$$$

36 minutes ago, Allen Lowe said:

reading the AARB notes confirms my long -term suspicions about Prouty - his fake expertise on presidential security, his talk of a manual of procedure as though he was specifically aware of one and how it had been violated in Dallas. He always, to me, had an aura of fakery. This, assuming it's all accurate, confirms it.

Oh it's accurate...and not just a random hatchet job! Prouty himself cancels everything he's ever said up to that point. It was an early 70's snow job, one of many ,before and since. Stone was fooled, Osanic was fooled, and his nonsense became ingrained in the mythos of assassination lore. Time to set the record straight!

1 hour ago, Rob Clark said:

Nice deflection of the facts...and it's a valid point based his previous claims that he thought right away something was up with being sent to the South Pole. He sh*ts the bed with his Church Committee allegations.....HSCA? naaaahh....Oliver Stone? YES!$$$$$

That’s where I got to Rob, were you the host? If not, I don’t know why you’re sensitive and hormonal about an obvious point. I don’t have a Prouty pro or negative opinion (I haven’t read his books). But, can you see why someone who worked with Dulles etc wouldn’t want to go to the Warren commission to raise concerns? 

Good post Micah, I've always thought Prouty was a bit fishy. In the ARRB notes, he's continually backing down and distancing himself from his previous assertions. Never a "conspiracy buff?" How could someone who purports to be such a patriot and experienced what he claims not be motivated to have personally investigated further? Trying to disclaim and disavow his supposed expertise., (to the point of being angry.) But  in his public appearances  he was always among  the most adamant.

On the other hand, To those who would resist such a notion. I would offer that the interviewer Chris Wray is the current head of the FBI, which I know plays into the idea that he got where he was by towing the FBI line and doing a hatchet job on Prouty. But against that, he was appointed by establishment outsider Trump, right?

I tend dismiss all low hanging fruit, that Lansdale as well as GHWB, was in the streets of Dallas. I have seen Prouty  on film, I believe , saying that it was Krulak that confirmed that the back of the head of the man in the photo with the 3 tramps looked like Lansdale. And in fairness,  that was a distinctive look and haircut in that photo, but I'm in no position to say if that was Lansdale, though I tend to doubt it.

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

18 hours ago, Chris Barnard said:

That’s where I got to Rob, were you the host? If not, I don’t know why you’re sensitive and hormonal about an obvious point. I don’t have a Prouty pro or negative opinion (I haven’t read his books). But, can you see why someone who worked with Dulles etc wouldn’t want to go to the Warren commission to raise concerns? 

Yeah, I'm the host, and I'm not hormonal... unless rage counts. 🤷‍♂️  Useless comments from someone that didn't bother to listen to the show....