The Education Forum

Oswald Leaving TSBD?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... since we're just throwing out ideas here... can we run through all the possible cameras he may have had access to?

Good question, Greg. Let's see what we can come up with in the next day or so.

And did Oswald / Prayer Man leave the camera at work, or take it home with him, or what?

Did he remove the film from the camera while still at work?

Did he hide it in the second floor lunch room?

--Tommy :sun

Well... since we're just throwing out ideas here... can we run through all the possible cameras he may have had access to?

Good question, Greg. Let's see what we can come up with in the next day or so.

And did Oswald / Prayer Man leave the camera at work, or take it home with him, or what?

Did he remove the film from the camera while still at work?

Did he hide it in the second floor lunch room?

--Tommy :sun

Good question, Tommy!

I do not recall any camera mentioned floating loose around the TSBD in any DPD report. But it did take them a couple of weeks to locate Oswald's clipboard, so maybe it was spotted later?

Maybe it was stuffed down between a couple of boxes of books... or perhaps carried out of the building in a brown home-made paper bag? Was it abandoned in the cab, perhaps?

It would be interesting to do a little research for any cameras that did not turn up in the Paine's garage.

McCabe's reports make for interesting reading...

A Camera found in the Paine Magic Cave and left in place... another camera found in the living room in a box with assorted camera equipment -- also left in place... and then later, the story morphs into one of these switching to be found in Marina's bedroom.

While we are rabidly speculating and waiting for that Parker dude to do some actual work...how about this... the Imperial Reflex was not Lee's but it was loaned to him to take some pics of the parade... all quite innocent... he got a lift with Wes to the TT* and left it in Wes' car OR took it in with him, and it was the camera he was holding - not a pistol.

The decision to fake some incriminating photos was made on the evening of the assassination - explaining why they were not "found" straight away. Since Lee had recently handled the Imperial Reflex, they used it - but by then, the searching for evidence was over and the Imperial Reflex languished at the Paines until Robert finally handed it in. Can someone refresh my memory on that aspect. Was the handing in particularly well-timed? Can't recall the circumstances...

*Yes, this is now considered a distinct possibility. Wes is missing from Revill's employee list even though he claims to have got past a conga-line of cops giving each his ID so he could go home... which he didn't do and there is a heap of missing time in the Wes Time-Line... Wes left through the cargo area and it was Lee who flashed his ID (library card) to get out. The Library card listed Oswald, Mr Lee Harvey. The address was 602 Elsbeth St. Revill's list has "Harvey Lee Oswald" which is how the card would read if shown upside down. Additionally, the number "2" on the card is smudged. Upside down, it too, may have looked like a 5.

Edited by Greg Parker

http://www76.zippyshare.com/v/O9VT35mr/file.html

The Weigman gif is a 2frame/4second differential,time lapse.

PM appears to be filming/photographing and then stops.

Lovelady appears to take at least one step down.

chris

http://www78.zippyshare.com/v/U9bVGjkH/file.html

The complete segment.

Lightened,stabilized and rotated somewhat.

chris

Greg,

My suggestion for another way of looking at PM/Oswald is in post #1887 (Oswald creating an alibi for himself), but I would also like to suggest my candidate for a PM/Oswald camera.

So as not to clutter and divert this thread, I will put my suggestion on "The Oswald Code" thread.

Tom

Edited by Tom Hume

http://www76.zippyshare.com/v/O9VT35mr/file.html

The Weigman gif is a 2frame/4second differential,time lapse.

PM appears to be filming/photographing and then stops.

Lovelady appears to take at least one step down.

chris

http://www78.zippyshare.com/v/U9bVGjkH/file.html

The complete segment.

Lightened,stabilized and rotated somewhat.

chris

Chris:

Very nice GIF. Over at Reopen Kennedy Case, Stan Dane posted these images. While not as optimized as yours, they do show what sure seems to be Prayer Man taking pictures.

Here's a two image Wiegman gif from R. Unger's website that shows what I believe to be PM with camera in the "ready-aim-snap" position (while cars are going by) and in the "stand-by" position (with nothing passing by):

AnimationWiegman.gif

I am 95% convinced that PM has a camera and is taking pictures. If so, what does this mean?

He's raising it just as the car is going past... further indication of a photo being snapped.

Great idea Mr Parker. We're waiting in anticipation....

Sorry Vanessa... it was penned in to do yesterday, but got side-tracked with other stuff... (catching up on GST reporting - very exciting stuff).

My best guess would be one that would fit in his pocket...

Earlier, Greg had proposed an Imperial Reflex camera, a "view" camera, which means you would look down into the viewfinder, not bring it up to your eye.

Later he said, "My best guess would be one that would fit in his pocket...", and all of those, if memory serves, are brought to one's eye to shoot.

Edited by Tom Hume

He's using both hands when the object goes to his face - no need to do that when drinking something.

Yes, not unless it was a "sippy cup" but I would believe that would be at home in Irving with Baby June. To my eye it appears his right hand is a shade higher than his left, as though the left hand was holding up the camera and his right hand was pushing a button on top.

I wish we had a better scan to look at. It would certainly clear up a lot of questions.

Earlier, Greg had proposed an Imperial Reflex camera, a "view" camera, which means you would look down into the viewfinder, not bring it up to your eye.

Later he said, "My best guess would be one that would fit in his pocket...", and all of those, if memory serves, are brought to one's eye to shoot.

Tom, I was assuming - perhaps incorrectly - that the poor light for viewing down may have made him hold the Imperial Reflex higher than normal. The IR could conceivably fit into a pocket of some jackets (I think?)... in any case, I agree with Terry. We probably need to stop speculating and concentrate on getting the clearest rendition of it we can.