Edward Lansdale

• 12 years later...
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/25/2008 at 6:53 AM, Linda Minor said:

Sterling,

I studied your books several years ago, primarily because of my interest in the Texan Robert B. Anderson. Do you have any theories about who he really was--or who he represented--and why he was chosen to go with Lansdale to the Philippines? Any thoughts at all about his role? Below see Robert Anderson's name in the lower right quadrant on a 1953A U.S. bank note.

1953A $5 Silver Certificate Small Size Currency CCU Choice Crisp Uncirculated

3 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

1953A $5 Silver Certificate Small Size Currency CCU Choice Crisp Uncirculated

Guess who was very close to Robert Anderson? LYNDON JOHNSON.

Guess who helped LBJ get his radio station dirt cheap in 1943? ROBERT ANDERSON.

Guess who resurrected Lansdale's career in Vietnam? LYNDON JOHNSON.

Guess who stole billions of gold bars in his own right? LYNDON JOHNSON

Guess who also was friends with Clark Clifford, who worked with Lansdale and Robert Anderson on processing the billions in gold that Lansdale retrieved from the Japanese caves in the Philippines? LYNDON JOHNSON.

1) Robert Anderson http://spartacus-educational.com/JFKanderson.htm  - laundered WWII Japanese gold. Robert Anderson, from Texas, help put KTBC Austin radio station into the hands of Lyndon Johnson. It was renamed as “KLBJ” and is not in the hands of the Johnson family any more.

LBJ’s conversation with Robert Anderson on 11-23-63, the day after the JFK assassination: http://millercenter.org/presidentialrecordings/lbj-k6311.01a-11

Go to LBJ Library’s Daily Dairy of LBJ, search for Nov 23, 1963, then go to PDF of “President’s Daily Dairy, November 23, 1963 - Supplemental Materials.

At 1:55 PM LBJ made a phone call to Robert Anderson and the notation says “President called him and asked him to come to Washington on Sun. at 4:00p”

So far I have been unable to pull up the President LBJ daily diary for Nov. 24, 1963

NYT obituary for Robert B. Anderson http://www.nytimes.com/1989/08/16/obituaries/robert-b-anderson-ex-treasury-chief-dies-at-79.html

Very interesting story on the censorship of Sterling Seagrave's bombshell book The Gold Warriors in Japan and South Korea. From David Martin, who is known on the internet as DCDave from Washington, D.C.

https://www.dcdave.com/article5/150120.html 

The Kindle Blackout

How far this “private” control of information can go was brought home forcefully, and shockingly, to me from another of my experiences involving international travel.  Upon the recommendation of an online contact, I had purchased the Kindle edition of the bombshell book, Gold Warriors: America’s Secret Recovery of Yamashita’s Gold, by Sterling and Peggy Seagrave.  Why I call it a bombshell is well summed up by this excerpt of the review by Publishers Weekly:

The Seagraves, bestselling authors (Lords of the Rim, etc.), contend that Japan systematically looted the entire continent of Asia during WWII, seizing billions in precious metals, gems and artworks.  Further, according to the authors, from war’s end to the present, the looted treasure, used by President Truman to create a secret slush fund to fight communism, has had a malignant effect on American and Asian politics.  The Seagraves assert that the Japanese imperial family, along with Ferdinand Marcos, every American president from Harry Truman to George W. Bush, and numerous sinister figures on the American hard right have been tainted and in many cases utterly corrupted by the loot.   Postwar efforts to recover and exploit the treasure, according to the Seagraves, involved murders, dishonest deals and cover-ups…

The “entire continent” part is a bit of an exaggeration by the reviewer, of course.  The looting, which apparently far surpassed anything the Nazis did, naturally extended only to those Asian countries that the Japanese occupied, but that was quite a large area, and it involved quite a bit of gold.

In 2013 I had the opportunity to visit some of my old stomping grounds in South Korea on a two-week tour.  I had put Gold Warriors in my book queue to read during the trip.  I began reading while waiting for my flight at Dulles Airport.  Once in the air I was distracted for several hours by two or three inflight movies and didn’t pull out my Kindle to resume reading until about the time we approached Japanese air space.  Gold Warriors was GONE.  It had been there for several months after I purchased it from Amazon, and it was there when I started the flight, but now it was nowhere to be found. 

Once in my hotel in Seoul, I checked the Kindle again, and Gold Warriors was still missing.  I used my laptop to check my Amazon account to see if I still owned the book and confirmed that I did.  I then used the Kindle to request that it be re-sent to me, and I did it on several occasion during the two weeks, but it never showed up.  I was never able to share any of the explosive information in the book with anyone in Korea during my stay there.

When I got back to the States, virtually the first thing I did was to look for the book on my Kindle, and there it was as if it had never gone away.  Naturally, I couldn’t wait to continue reading, and it quickly became evident to me why the “controllers” would not want this sort of information spread around among American vassal states in Asia.  I also proceeded to buy several paperbound copies of the book to give as Christmas presents to friends.

I also couldn’t help but wonder if there might be some connection between the apparent blacking out of the Kindle version of the book in Asia and the $600 million contract that Amazon has with the CIA to provide “cloud computing services” and the decision of Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos to bail out the Graham family by at least lending his name to the purchase of the now massive money-losing Washington Post.

YouTube Hijinks?

With all this evidence that Bezos and Amazon are in bed with the CIA, I am certainly made more receptive to the claims by many that Google and Facebook are no more than fronts for U.S. intelligence, as well.  I have never had anything to do with Facebook, but Google is another matter.  In 2006 Google purchased YouTube for $1.65 billion, so anyone who puts a video up on YouTube is dealing with Google now.

What that means is that, if they should choose to use it, Google now has the power to determine, with its posting of the number of hits that a video receives, which videos “go viral” and which ones, insofar as anyone outside Google knows, hardly even get off the ground.  Considering the importance of the bandwagon effect, is it really plausible that our controllers would resist the temptation to use that power?

This brings us back, in conclusion, to the subject of my videos.  On July 11, 2012, I posted the video of Mark Lentz’s very powerful antiwar, anti-neocon anthem, “At What a Cost.”  Lentz is a first rate musician and his message could hardly be stronger.  The message should resonate in particular with veterans of our endless wars in the Middle East and with the members of the U.S. military and their families.  That’s the problem.  For the longest time YouTube’s viewer count for “At What a Cost” has been stuck right around where it is as I write these words, at a piddling 2,866.  I find that number really hard to believe.  It might show some small bounce from people reading this article, but something tells me that our controllers will never let us see it crest even the 5,000 mark. 

David Martin

January 20, 2015

UNQUOTE

Edited by Robert Morrow

I've been saying this for the past couple of years.

What if 60+ years after 11,22,1963 we can possibly verify with absolute scientific proof some revelatory facts about the JFKA that could change the entire story completely...and prove a conspiracy?

Facial Recognition Technology "is" now so advanced and accurate that it is time to scan many of the Dealey Plaza faces of suspicion caught on film that day that heretofore could only be speculated about in the most gut-wrenching frustrating way?

Have any of our members read any of the recent books investigating and exposing the true threat of this new technology and how far it has advanced and how it's advancement could result in the greatest risk to constitutional rights to privacy ever?

I believe "Human Gait" recognition technology has also developed to a highly accurate degree of success. The Chinese have really gone all out in this field.

I believe combining human gait and facial recognition we could once and for all prove the 3 tramp walk-by suited man in Dealey Plaza on 11,22,1963 photo does indeed show this person to be Edward Lansdale.

I believe we currently have the scientific know how to scan every face in 1963 Dealey Plaza and identify them all.

Isn't it finally time we started using AI in the JFKA research field.

I also think scanning faces present in the Los Angeles Ambassador Hotel Embassy Room both before and after RFK was gunned down in the pantry there on the evening of June 5th, 1968 might very well produce some block buster discoveries.

According to the following investigative work however, there are a lot of nefarious entities controlling the use of FR technology. It wouldn't be a surprise that these entities may block any bomb shell revelations that may come out regarding the JFKA.

th?id=OIP.ysgNEt_SfiTu5nFaKCPcfQHaJ4&w=92&h=92&c=1&vt=10&bgcl=cdc912&r=0&o=6&dpr=1.5&pid=5.1

Bio — Kashmir Hill

WEBKashmir Hill is a tech reporter at The New York Times and the author of YOUR FACE BELONGS TO US. She writes about the unexpected and sometimes ominous ways technology is changing our lives, particularly …

Edited by Joe Bauer

4 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

I've been saying this for the past couple of years.

What if 60+ years after 11,22,1963 we can possibly verify with absolute scientific proof some facts about the JFKA that could change the entire story completely...and prove a conspiracy?

Facial Recognition Technology "is" now so advanced and accurate that it is time to scan many of the Dealey Plaza faces of suspicion caught on film that day that heretofore could only be speculated about in the most gut-wrenching frustrating way?

Have any of our members read any of the recent books investigating and exposing the true threat of this new technology and how far it has advanced and how it's advancement could result in the greatest risk to constitutional rights to privacy ever?

I believe "Human Gait" recognition technology has also developed to a highly accurate degree of success. The Chinese have really gone all out in this field.

I believe combining human gait and facial recognition we could once and for all prove the 3 tramp walk-by suited man in Dealey Plaza on 11,22,1963 photo does indeed show this person to be Edward Lansdale.

I believe we currently have the scientific know how to scan every face in 1963 Dealey Plaza and identify them all.

Isn't it finally time we started using AI in the JFKA research field.

I also think scanning faces present in the Los Angeles Ambassador Hotel Embassy Room both before and after RFK was gunned down in the pantry there on the evening of June 5th, 1968 might very well produce some block buster discoveries.

According to the following investigative work however, there are a lot of nefarious entities controlling the use of FR technology. It wouldn't be a surprise that these entities may block any bomb shell revelations that may come out regarding the JFKA.

th?id=OIP.ysgNEt_SfiTu5nFaKCPcfQHaJ4&w=92&h=92&c=1&vt=10&bgcl=cdc912&r=0&o=6&dpr=1.5&pid=5.1

Bio — Kashmir Hill

WEBKashmir Hill is a tech reporter at The New York Times and the author of YOUR FACE BELONGS TO US. She writes about the unexpected and sometimes ominous ways technology is changing our lives, particularly …

I have read about and pondered many times the debunking reviews of Fletcher Prouty's claims of Lansdale being the 3 tramp walk-by man in Dealey Plaza on 11,22,1963. As well as the Marine General Victor Krulak letter Prouty said agreed with his Lansdale ID assessment.

I've looked at as many photos I could find ( and there are a lot ) of Lansdale taken over decades. Front view, side view and partial or full back-side rear views.

Younger age to older age.

I'm no scientifically educated person who through photos alone could say with 100% certainty whether one photo can be identified to be one and the same person relative to other photos. Especially a back-side view one.

However, my 72 years lifetime acquired common sense tells me the 3 tramp man is Lansdale.

I have asked myself if I could ever identify someone I knew or worked closely around for years ( maybe even decades ) by seeing a back side view photo of them. Especially one that so fully displays their full body walking gait.

Like the 3 Tramp photo.

I feel certain I could.

Woman, man, young and old.

I would also recognize their usual dress. Their hair cuts. Their neck length and head shape. Shoulder width. Over-all height, leg shape and length.

The 3 Tramp man is displaying a slight but still clear "bowed out leg structure." Which you can see viewing many full body pics of Lansdale. Lansdale was clearly bow-legged.Why Was CIA Coup d'état Expert Ed Lansdale In Dealey Plaza When JFK Was Shot? - YouTube

Visual search query image
  •  
  •  
  • Visual Search

•  

Photos

Dallas was political big shot central that weekend. Besides JFK and LBJ, Nixon was there, Hoover too ( I believe ) and maybe even G.H.W Bush, who in the least was in Texas that weekend. General Edwin Walker lived there!

Lansdale was an unknown to 99.9% of Americans at that time.

I don't think he would feel at risk being close by simply because of his generally unknown public status.

Edited by Joe Bauer

Facial Recognition is performing rather well today (from what I have read in magazines, etc.).

My own camera´s can automatically track birds and animals, humans, ... and keep them in the correct focus while moving, etc. We already had eye-recognition AF for some time, now it´s a lot more and faster. 

But for FR to work well there are conditions, one of the major is the quality of the captures the programs need to work with. Recent camera´s are outstanding, they deliver an incredible amount of details from excellent digital sensors. Those captures are the ones to use in FR.

Now, even scanning the old pictures (especially the ones we have questions about) in very high resolutions often will not come close to what is needed.  What isn´t there,  simply isn´t there.

Unless you have some excellent old pictures, but usually those are not the ones causing ID problems..

Yes, AI could fill in some of the gaps, but you´ll have a much lower succes rate.

All of this doesn´t mean it should not be tested, but for now I still have some reservations.

Edited by Jean Ceulemans

In Ms. Kashmir Hill's "Your Face Belongs To Us" book she doesn't elucidate your degree of skepticism regards FRT having a real low identification success rate with older photos versus great resolution ones of today.

I would say most of internet photos depicting Lansdale ( going back 60 years! ) are pretty damn sharp. Even relative to the advancements of today's equipment.

FR tech is not as hindered as you say in this way imo.

Photos taken of JFK back 60 years ago are remarkedly vivid and sharp.

Now, an old family photo from a cheap camera back in those days ( instamatic?) would truly qualify as difficult to match up as you say. We have many...and they are as crappy as can be.

Edited by Joe Bauer

A lot of those old pictures are indeed very good, usually made by newsmen, they had the high quality gear.  

But IMO the pictures we have questions about, are often the lower grade ones, or the ones only showing parts, or showing persons located in an area of the photo that´s out of focus.

What I´m trying to say is that if the tramp-picture showed Lansdale more frontal he was probably identified a long time ago.  

And I agree that person sure has the looks of Lansdale from what´s visible, I´m just not sure what AI would make of this partial capture.

2 hours ago, Jean Ceulemans said:

A lot of those old pictures are indeed very good, usually made by newsmen, they had the high quality gear.  

But IMO the pictures we have questions about, are often the lower grade ones, or the ones only showing parts, or showing persons located in an area of the photo that´s out of focus.

What I´m trying to say is that if the tramp-picture showed Lansdale more frontal he was probably identified a long time ago.  

And I agree that person sure has the looks of Lansdale from what´s visible, I´m just not sure what AI would make of this partial capture.

I'd sure like to see someone use this technology for the 11,22,1963 Dealey Plaza crowd.

6 hours ago, Robert Reeves said:

Hi, would anyone say the man stood to the left of this Lansdale looking male's shoulder is Asian in appearance? not a good pic, I know.

asian-male.jpg

Now THAT is a very poor quality pic. I can't make even a guess as to the man's ethnicity.

Martin Balsam?

This is the JFKA and we all have our "theories", which is what we are all doing here in the first place in case anyone forgot.  😬 So for me when it comes to Lansdale,  I say yes he was involved. I would belly up to the poker table right now and throw some scratch down on that bet. He's in the same boat with LeMay for me, and I would bet even more money on Gen. LeMay being part of the assassination. I mean after all, LeMay gave no pause on pressuring JFK to launch nukes against Russia (even though it was less than 20 years since Hiroshima/Nagasaki).  Compared to nuclear war, what is a coup against the sitting president who you deem to be an existential threat? 

On 7/27/2024 at 12:08 AM, Robert Reeves said:

Hi, would anyone say the man stood to the left of this Lansdale looking male's shoulder is Asian in appearance? not a good pic, I know.

asian-male.jpg

Any ideas where the original picture came from?