The Education Forum

Donald Trump asserts Oswald acted alone

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://articles.latimes.com/1988-07-24/magazine/tm-10039_1_merv-griffin

This is an insightful article into the man known as Donald Trump. It was published in 1988. Of course, the twists and turns of the Atlantic City properties in the years subsequent make the article even more interesting.

Cliff,

I doubt either Trump or Bernie get nominated. And as I noted in my blog article, while I agree with a lot of Bernie's rhetoric, he loves the military and our perpetual wars way too much for my liking.

We never have any true pro-peace candidates.

-- Clinton in his usual, "I didn't inhale" way, said he had some serious questions about the case. (After he was elected, he asked the number three guy in the Justice Department to find out Who KIlled JFK?")--

Well, you have to remember that Clinton in the same meeting is said to have asked old family friend and criminal conspirator Webb Hubbell to also look into the government documentation on alien contact.

Let's stop and reconsider this. What is the source of this story? Webb Hubbell? Could he be lying in order to conceal his other duties for the Clinton administration?

Alternately, could Clinton have assigned Hubbell these duties to sidetrack Hubbell and send him on a set of fool's errands? Hubbell, as Robert Morrow and others remind us, has putatively been one of Hillary's lovers, and had longstanding involvement in the Clintons' extralegal activities. Clinton may wanted to neutralize Hubbell's administration activities while throwing Hubbell the bone of the third slot at DOJ. As Hubbell rather quickly went down in the Whitewater scandal, Clinton may have pre-empted deeper investigation of Hubbell by wasting his DOJ duties on aliens and JFK.

Whatever the truth is, we should look for the source of the "assassination and aliens" factfinding missions story, and take this legend with a large rock of salt. However, if I were Hubbell, and so much involved with the Clintons, I would have told Bill to go to hell had he assigned me these two thankless tasks at which no one could make his mark. Wouldn't you? Does one graft one's way to the top (or even to #3 at DOJ) just to be handed this career-killing mess?

Edited by David Andrews

Cliff,

I doubt either Trump or Bernie get nominated. And as I noted in my blog article, while I agree with a lot of Bernie's rhetoric, he loves the military and our perpetual wars way too much for my liking.

All Presidents have to deal with the National Security State.

They all have to pledge fealty to the maxim: Job #1 is the protection of the American people.

They all say it.

And to varying degrees they are all held to it.

The War Party -- which encompasses all of the Republican Party and the corporate wing of the Dems -- have been salivating for war with Iran for 35 years.

The Iranian nuke deal is a sharp departure from War Party policy, getting it passed in the teeth of that opposition is a big step for world peace.

Two years ago the War Party was raging for war on Syria because Assad had crossed a "red line" allegedly using chemical warfare on over a thousand victims,

Obama joined the drum beat for war until the last minute when he decided to kick it over to Congress, which failed to okay any new war in the Mideast.

Putin popped up then and agreed to help remove Assad's chemical weapons stockpile.

Obama didn't funnel a huge amount of weapons to the "Syrian moderates" in 2013 -- most of that ordnance would have gone to ISIS.

The Republicans are pushing for boots on the ground against the Sunni extremists of ISIS, and a negation of the Iran nuke deal which could only lead to war with the Shia.

They want to put tens of thousands of American troops in the middle of a Mideast meat grinder fighting both sides of the Shia-Sunni civil war.

That ain't gonna happen under Sanders.

Edited by Cliff Varnell

Guess what: I'm still voting for Trump. Keep the money in this country, not overseas.

Kathy C

Kathy:

Do you have an idea how much of our prosperity comes from overseas?

We give too much to other countries. And lives too. How long will the war continue? Kennedy said we weren't other countries baby sitters. Countries should be allowed to make their own decision about how their country is run.

BTW, many Huffpost types like Sirota have ridiculed the questioning of Trump about JFK's death. They cannot see the relevance of it.

This shows two important points: 1.) The failure of the MSM to understand any of the facets of the JFK case beyond the controversy over the WR, and 2.) The failure of the critical community to demonstrate what the killing of Kennedy was really about.

One of the major reasons Kennedy was killed was that he was resisting the globalization plans of the Power Elite. Not only was he resisting them, he was turning them backwards. As I tried to demonstrate in Destiny Betrayed, JFK was a nationalist in regards to the rights of the Third World to forge their own destinies in the wake of decolonization e.g. Congo, Algeria, Indonesia, Dominican Republic etc. And he looked askance, as Don Gibson has shown, at American corporations relocating production and HQs abroad. His proposed tax plan tried to discourage this practice. This is one of the reasons that brought him into conflict with the CIA, Dulles, David Rockefeller, John Hay Whitney, and, of course, Clay Shaw who ran the ITM and the IH for the Eastern Establishment down in New Orleans.

This whole globalization racket began with the CIA exerting imperial influence in the Third World. But then it became formalized with treaties dealing with certain geographic areas. Again, Kennedy resisted these treaties. But the EE kept at it and lo an behold, the guy who got them through was a favorite of the Huffpo crowd, Bill Clinton. The guy he put in charge of getting them through, Mack McClarty then went to work for Rockefeller agent Henry Kissinger. Kissinger schooled him well and then McClarty opened up his own version of Henry's lobbying shop.

This is what I mean about keeping the case current.

Edited by James DiEugenio

Cliff,

Don: Exactly my problem too, regarding Bernie. I like almost everything else about him but foreign policy is too important.

Jim,

I think this is another reason Trump appeals to a lot of Americans. They are fed up with globalization, jobs being outsourced, factories leaving our shores. While the msm parrots a pro-globalist slant 24/7, the vast majority of the public wants their roads and bridges repaired, and jobs created in their communities. Ross Perot rode an anti-NAFTA wave of support back in 1992, when this "America First" sentiment was even stronger among the public.

Now, I believe Trump is, in fact, a committed globalist/free trader/warmonger like the rest of them. But he's thrown the public enough meat to get their attention. Just imagine what a real populist could do, without holding back at all, and with more sincerity.

JFK's Peace Corps and Alliance for Progress were both designed to enable citizens of sovereign countries to determine their own fates. As he said about Vietnam, "In the final analysis, it's their war to win." That kind of internationalism inspires instead of intervening. I think he truly appreciated George Washington's advice about "friendly relations with all, entangling foreign alliances with none."

We absolutely need to keep the case current, and connect the dots between what happened in Dallas, to what happened in the Ambassador Hotel, and in the air near Hyannisport, on 9/11 and every significant event of the past fifty years. This is what I tried to do in my book. The JFK assassination didn't occur in a vacuum. We are dealing with massive, organized corruption.

Edited by Don Jeffries

Dawn,

Bernie supports this nonsensical "war on terror," as does Elizabeth Warren.

This is why real pro-peace Democrats, like Dennis Kucinich or Cynthia McKinney, are always mired at 1-2% in those phony, manipulative, totally unnecessary pre-election polls.

It's amazing to me how many here want a conventional candidate for U.S. President.

Trump is unconventional. So was JFK.

You want conventional? Vote for Hillary. Please do.

I'll vote for Bernie. Or for Trump, or for Ted Cruz, or for Rand Paul.

You want conventional? Vote for the person who will be bought and paid for; vote for the person who will make you feel good.

FYi, in thee tries,I have never voted for either HC or Obama.

No one has to tell me how to be unconventional.

The problem with a topic like this is that it gets over-the-top political really fast. I will concede that the assassination of JFK was likely the most political act in the past 60 years, I don't see partisanship, in the 2015 context, as a huge part of finding the solution.

I also believe--my personal opinion--that Donald Trump knows almost as little about who killed JFK as he does about being poor and earning minimum wage in 2015 America.