The Education Forum

Bouhe files

Does anyone know anything about these files?

http://jfkassassination.net/russ/testimony/voshin_i.htm

Mr. VOSHININ - Yes; yes. Everybody knows everybody.
Mr. JENNER - Everybody knew everybody?
Mr. VOSHININ - That's right.
Mr. JENNER - And all rumors and everything else passed back and forth through this group?
Mr. VOSHININ - Yes; that's right.
Mr. JENNER - And is it true that arising out of this common interest in the Greek Orthodox Church and the two parishes that a measure of social inter course, apart from the church, was also generated?
Mr. VOSHININ - Yes; that is true.
Mr. JENNER - And you people generally became acquainted, one with the other, in not only your church activity but your general social activity as well?
Mr. VOSHININ - Yeah - well, I wouldn't say "general" social activity, because, in addition to the church, I meet people through my office and my wife met them too, so - but partially, yes.
Mr. JENNER - Yes. At least, through that medium, whether you wanted to or not you sort of kept track of everybody?
Mr. VOSHININ - That's right.
Mr. JENNER - Everybody knew something about what the other fellow was doing or would like to?
Mr. VOSHININ - Yeah - and as far as I know Mr. Bouhe even kept files and

still keeps files on everybody - when anybody was born, baptized, or whatever happened to everybody.
Mr. JENNER - I see.
Mr. VOSHININ - He even showed me a file and he said, "Say, you came here, I immediately opened a file on you."
I say, "What for?"
And he say, "Well, you know, I forget things - so I keep a file on everybody."

Steve Thomas

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just read the entire Voshinin WC testimony transcript.

My God!

The intriguing questions it opens up are so numerous.

Just one:

The many trips ( every 4 weeks ) taken by the De Mohrenchilds to Houston ( the purpose of which the normally talkative George De Mohrenchilds wouldn't discuss when asked by Voshinin ) in late 1962 up until they left for Haiti in the Spring of 1963 begs a huge question...who were the De Mohrenchilds meeting there on a regular basis?

Anybody important in this story ( or a larger but related one? ) working out of Houston at that time?

Edited by Joe Bauer

Joe,

Read his wife's too.

"our friends, the Jitkoffs, they mentioned to us that they don't like George at all and they didn't want us to bring him to their house. And I asked why, and she didn't want to tell exactly why, but she said some thing about some people - some character whom he is visiting in Houston.

Mr. JENNER - To Houston?
Mrs. VOSHININ - I mean to Houston. Right.
Mr. JENNER - Were these regular?
Mrs. VOSHININ - Quite regular. And usually it would coincide, somehow, with his next assignment.

Steve Thomas

"Mr. VOSHININ - They moved in that circle. Now, there is one thing which always strikes me peculiar - I just talked last night with my wife about that. The last 2 years, you know, the DeMohrenschildts were going to Houston about every 4 weeks, and DeMohrenschildt was always saying, "I have to go to Houston on business." And he would say - of course, you don't ask people, you know. George didn't like to talk about what his business is you know. Never told anybody about the details and nobody, of course, asked him.
And he would say, "You know, I have to go - you know, all my business goes through Houston." On the other hand, he would say he was, you know, getting his jobs through a 5 presenter in Washington - and here he was always going to Houston, like reporting to somebody; every 4 or 5 weeks, he was always going to Houston. And as far as me and my wife heard about his business, he has no oil interest there or no business there whatsoever. But as far as he was always interested only in foreign assignments, why should he go to Houston? In other words, even before, you know, the late President was killed, you know, we were once talking this with my wife and wondering - what in the hell is he doing in Houston?
You don't get foreign assignments, through Houston-not that we know about, but always he was going to Houston. And, I don't know, he never mentioned to who he goes to Houston. But, it may be possible that I can give you a name of a Russian professor in Houston who may know - may not know but may know - who knows something because Professor Jitkoff -"

Voshinin and his wife were very curious, even suspicious, of the De Mohrenchild's visits every 4 weeks to Houston for two years.

Just curious myself. Where was George Bush and his oil business located during this time?

Yeah. Thought of that too. I think Houston is the answer. And we know that George DeM wrote to GHWB when he was CIA director and George DeM was at his most desperate, shortly before his 'suicide'. Maybe that helps explain why Bush's Zapata files were destroyed in a fire.

George Bouhe is a fascinating character. And there was never enough honest inquiry into who he was and what his real position was with the White Russians.

Let us not forget his message to Marina on the eve of the WC: Marina, it was just a coincidence that Jack Ruby, the guy who killed your husband, shared the same pool with me.

Or the extraordinary coincidence of the postal form for Oswald's mysterious brown package being attached to a postal form for Bouhe--and both arrive at Ruth Paine's home!

Yep, there was a lot of depths to plumb with those CIA related White Russians who wanted to overthrow the commie dictatorship in Russia, but found the Commie Oswald and his wife so bracing.

Edited by James DiEugenio

Jim,

George Bouhe is a fascinating character. And there was never enough honest inquiry into who he was and what his real position was with the White Russians.

On December 3, 1968 the FBI interviewed a George Bloodworth, who was a Warrant Officer Candidate in the U.S. Army Helicopter School in Mineral Wells, Texas. He met George Bouhe in the apartment of Alexander Kleinlerer. Bloodworth ahd formerly been in the Marines and had been stationed at the U.S. Embassy in Tunisia. He was very security conscious. Kleinlerer left the apartment to buy some food at a delicatessan, and Bloodworth and Bouhe got to talking. While they were talking, Bloodworth got the impresion that Bouhe was “one of us”, meaning an Army Intelligence Agent.

FBI - HSCA Subject File: Lydia Dymitruk (page 9 in the file, page 7 of the Report) https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=129757&search=Alexander_Kleinlerer#relPageId=9&tab=page

Steve Thomas

Nice find Steve.

As I said, there was never enough work done on Bouhe, the White Russian community in Dallas, or their connections to the CIA.

At times I look at them sort of like the warlock's coven in Rosemary's Baby.

So who was DeM meeting in Houston?

I need to chime in here and say that I've also been looking hard at Houston in other threads.

possible other Houston connections:

Ruby & Candy Barr & RR McKeown

NASA & Oil & Military Ind. Complex

New Orleans & Ferrie & the Cubans

I've been thinking a lot about Ruby's trips to Edna to see Candy Barr and I think that all of that is a cover story. Who might Ruby be meeting? Phillips? DeM?

Edited by Chris Newton

It would seem from the context of the WC emigre interviews that G DeM;s White Russian friend in Houston specifically objected to him bringing communist types around. But, other than GHW Bush, have we looked into whether G DeM could be meeting characters such as David Atlee Phillips in Houston?

Note that Dr. Jitkoff, the Houston White Russian cited in the Voshinin WC testimony, is not deposed by the WC.

Edited by David Andrews

G.H.W. Bush's Zapata Oil Corp was located in Houston at this time, correct?

When one reads that desperate correspondence from De Mohren to Bush, the surprising thing to me regards that letter, was not only that it got delivered to Bush, but that De Mohren received a quite personal reply from Bush who at this time was in one of the most powerful positions in our government.

IMHP, one doesn't get that personal of a reply from such a powerful position holder unless you had some actual one-on-one interaction with this person at some point in the past.

Why could De Mohren's visits to Houston "not" have been with his friend "George Bush?"

Mr. VOSHININ - Yeah - and as far as I know Mr. Bouhe even kept files and

still keeps files on everybody - when anybody was born, baptized, or whatever happened to everybody.

Mr. JENNER - I see.

Mr. VOSHININ - He even showed me a file and he said, "Say, you came here, I immediately opened a file on you."

I say, "What for?"

And he say, "Well, you know, I forget things - so I keep a file on everybody."

Steve Thomas

On November 28, 1963 Bouhe was interviewed by SA John Flanagan about any possible relationship between Jack Ruby and Lee Oswald. In the course of the interview, Bouhe "produced a card on which he kept addresses and this card bore the notation dated November 1, 1963, 602 Elsbeth..."

Either the card that Bouhe had, or Agent Flanagan, who reported what was on the card, had the year wrong. LHO moved to the 604 Elsbeth address on November 3, 1962, not 1963.

In Jack Revill's second appearance before the WC on May 13, 1964 he said,

http://jfkassassination.net/russ/testimony/revill2.htm

"Mr. REVILL. Is this a-is this an incorrect address on Mr. Oswald where he was living at the time?

Mr. RANKIN. If you check it up I think you will find--it is an incorrect address at the time. I think you will also find that 602 Elsbeth Street is where he lived at one time.

Mr. REVILL. Is this a-is this an incorrect address on Mr. Oswald where he was living at the time?

Mr. RANKIN. If you check it up I think you will find--it is an incorrect address at the time. I think you will also find that 602 Elsbeth Street is where he lived at one time."

It makes me wonder if George Bouhe was the source of Jack Reville's information.

602 was the address of the apartment manager, Tobias.

Oswald lived in Apartment# 2 at 604 Elsbeth.

In either case, we know that Bouhe had a card file on Lee Harvey Oswald.

Steve Thomas