The Education Forum

Jim DiEugenio spanks The Post

1 hour ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Unfortunately it is true that people will be judged harshly just for speaking the way they want to speak.

Sandy,

With all due respect, I find that you have become quite insufferable.

It was a teaching moment on two levels, Sandy.

Hopefully, in the future James will remember the rule I've just now taught him ("the gerund takes the possessive"), and will, therefore, be able to TRULY impress other "scholars".

AND (yes, I know), hopefully, James has FINALLY come to the realization that it was very, very unlikely, indeed, that the person  Armstrong calls "Harvey" (in reality the one-and-only LHO) could have learned (or "learnt," if you prefer) to speak the high-level, grammar-perfect English that he did, you know, after having supposedly FIRST learned (or learnt) a non-Indo-European Turkic language, (Hungarian), and THEN learned/learnt a highly-inflected (which English isn't btw; look it up) Indo-European language known as ... RUSSIAN.

--  Tommy  :sun

PS Now I going drink the much Vodka after telling you to I for the reason here is much frustration ...

Edited by Thomas Graves

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 12:56 PM, Thomas Graves said:

James,

Oliver Stone??

With all due respect, do you mean the guy who has David Ferrie confessing to killing Kennedy in the film "JFK," and whose son is (or was) working for Putin's propaganda outlet, "RT"?

OMG I LOVE Sean Stone and I love RT.

28 minutes ago, Dawn Meredith said:

OMG I LOVE Sean Stone and I love RT.

Dawn, 

With all due respect, ...

... Aw, never mind.

PS  Do you like Vladimir Putin, too?  If so, then all I can say is that 90-plus years of "KGB" active measures counterintelligence ops, and 58 years of Second Chief Directorate Department 14 "operational/strategic deception" operations have really gotten to you, Dawn.

(With all due respect.)

Oh, yeah. One more thing. Are you hoping that the "Nunes Memo" is given to the White House and / or released today?

Edited by Thomas Graves

Why do any of you treat Thomas Graves as a serious researcher? His every post is filled with sarcastic jabs and unsuccessful attempts at humor. He has become much more than just another John Armstrong-basher, as he promulgates the only conspiracy theory the establishment has ever loved- the "Russians did it" nonsense. He is also becoming some kind of outlandish grammar cop. 

From what little I can decipher out of his multitude of posts, Graves now believes disinfo agent/lone nutter Edward Epstein was essentially right. He is promoting the Oswald-did-it mantra, just in a more subtle way than Tracy Parnell or DVP. Reading his posts is like watching a mainstream media broadcast, while very drunk. Chris Cuomo might as well be posting here. 

Engaging him in "debate" and treating his intentionally incoherent ramblings seriously just lowers the level of discourse here. It's hard to picture all the fine researchers who no longer post here, ever giving Thomas Graves the time of day. 

For the record, RT is the only television network that will tell the truth about the massive corruption in this country. I'm proud to have been interviewed at their studios a couple of times. They are not disseminating any propaganda, unlike our own homegrown television networks, which are far closer to the old Pravda. The difference between Pravda and CNN, CBS, NBC, etc., is that the Soviets were awake enough to at least realize they were absorbing state propaganda. 

Edited by Don Jeffries

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 12:04 PM, Douglas Caddy said:

Ellsberg will be interviewed on coasttocoasam tomorrow (Wednesday, 1/31/18:

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2018/01/31

Here is the summary of Ellsberg's interview on coasttocoastam last night. Omitted from it is the last question that moderator George Noory asked, "What are the chances today that a nuclear war will take place?," to which Ellsberg replied, "Under Trump there is a 50 percent chance."

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2018/01/31

Doug, it's stomach wrenching mind blowing to know this same doomsday madness is still with us and as much a possibility as not.

JFK knew this was madness. And it cost him his life in seriously trying to change course to prevent it.

Edited by Joe Bauer

"For the record, RT is the only television network that will tell the truth about the massive corruption in this country. I'm proud to have been interviewed at their studios a couple of times. They are not disseminating any "Russian" propaganda, unlike our own homegrown television networks, which are far closer to the old Pravda. The difference between Pravda and CNN, CBS, NBC, etc., is that the Soviets were awake enough to at least realize they were absorbing state propaganda."

Exactly what I found living in Europe and watching any TV news. I like RT.

A book years back by Frances Saunders  - Who Paid the Piper- was enlightening to me; I used to trust any publisher. Last year, I read The Zhivago Affair. If anyone hears anyone talk about how ______ (Russians, whatever) are attacking Americans with their "propaganda," I suggest that they look at these books as a starter.

I agree with Don on this one.  RT is a good network for censored information that the US networks will not carry.

For the record, RT is the only television network that will tell the truth about the massive corruption in this country. I'm proud to have been interviewed at their studios a couple of times. They are not disseminating any propaganda, unlike our own homegrown television networks, which are far closer to the old Pravda. The difference between Pravda and CNN, CBS, NBC, etc., is that the Soviets were awake enough to at least realize they were absorbing state propaganda. 

Edited by James DiEugenio

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

I agree with Don on this one.  RT is a good network for censored information that the US networks will not carry.

Laughing through my tears.

It's incredible to me how many brainwashed, gullible people there are in this country.

Ninety-plus years of "active measures" and fifty-eight years of "strategic deception" operations, not by the evil, evil, evil CIA, et al., but by the KGB and GRU in all their incarnations, have really "done the job," boy.

Sad, sad, sad situation.

Edited by Thomas Graves

6 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

Actually I agree with those that find RT refreshing. And like Jeffries I’m fed up with Graves. 

6 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

Actually I agree with those that find RT refreshing. And like Jeffries I’m fed up with Graves. 

Paul,

With all due respect, did you read the list of thirty unavoidable questions about Yuri Nosenko that John Simkin posted back in the day, and which I bumped yesterday?

I think it's been 24 hours already, so I'll bump them again for you, okay?

Edit:  Oops.  Nope.  Looks like I gotta wait five more hours...

Edited by Thomas Graves

2 hours ago, Thomas Graves said:

Paul,

With all due respect, did you read the list of "thirty unavoidable questions" about Yuri Nosenko that John Simkin posted for a friend back in the day, and which I bumped yesterday?

I think it's been 24 hours already, so I'll bump them again for you, okay?

Edit:  Oops.  Nope.  Looks like I gotta wait five more hours...

Soldiering on, now ...

As far as Dawn's and Don's and James' and Paul's saying they like RT, all I can say is that I'm surprised you guys actually like

1) a "Right-Center"-biased news source

2) funded by the Russian government

3) that has only "Mixed" factual reporting.

Wow!

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/rt-news/

Edited by Thomas Graves

Ah yes, the irony, so much outrage about a movie.

Life in the bubble.

This thread has turned out exactly as I predicted in my first post. Jim,100,000 words later, if we had any doubt (I certainly didn't) that you're not a "feel good movie" guy, we certainly know now. We get it.We appreciate your vigilance in setting your record straight, and shepherding those of us who can't make our own judgments.

To tally: You definitely have struck a chord with Don, but it's a bit like  preaching to the choir, isn't it?,  As I would already put Don at a "9" on the "outrage meter". Certainly no match for your "10", but close. And he paid you a complement, which you gotta feel pretty good about. But it does appear you got Joe who argued against Paul's general approval, but I might characterize him as a "soft 7". Hey but what do I know?!

I suppose I'm still in the middle as I've yet to see the movie. But there are some interesting posts that make me think I should.

Kirk:

What the heck are you talking about? I mean really?

That last six posts on this thread have not been about the movie or my review.

Its more of TG trying to hijack thread after thread in order to show that 

1.) The Russians are Coming, the Russians are Coming!  (Which was the title of a sixties movie if i recall.)

2.) That somehow, the KGB killed Kennedy.

Are you really unawares of that?  I really would like us to get back to the thread's topic.  But like so much on this forum, TG is intent on subverting it.  And you make like that is not happening.

Wow.

Edited by James DiEugenio

34 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

Kirk:

What the heck are you talking about? I mean really?

That last six posts on this thread have not been about the movie or my review.

Its more of TG trying to hijack thread after thread in order to show that 

1.) The Russians are Coming, the Russians are Coming!  (Which was the title of a sixties movie if i recall.)

2.) That somehow, the KGB killed Kennedy.

Are you really unawares of that?  I really would like us to get back to the thread's topic.  But like so much on this forum, TG is intent on subverting it.  And you make like that is not happening.

Wow.

James,

I will make one concession:

Maybe, just maybe, with a little help from some witting or unwitting CIA rogues.

Edited by Thomas Graves