The Education Forum

General Walker, Lee Harvey Oswald and Dallas Officials

6 hours ago, Jason Ward said:

Police and Sheriff testimony in the Warren Commission Part 18: DPD Captain W R Westbrook (46)

<SNIP> 

CONCERNS:

1. My impression is that in 1963 Westbrook's personnel department role is a place to put officers of less enthusiasm or ability in the nuts and bolts of police work, such as investigations.   His initial testimony reads as someone who was at a loss because they weren't invited to the party.   Is Westbrook's part in the day's events trivial or is the questioning too cursory?  What explains Westbrook's seemingly lacklustre role in 22November even though he's in all 4 critical places that day and is a police captain?
  2. Westbrook's job is nominally as head of HR, so it seems odd that he has difficulty remembering the names of so many officers that day; how does he not even know who drove him around?  Shouldn't he know more officers than most?
  3.  Although Westbrook is in 4 important scenes that day, he offers no meaningful details.  Why isn't he asked more details about the TSBD, the Tippit murder scene, and the Texas Theatre?   Why isn't he asked to explain more about why the personnel office is used to process the weapon found with Oswald?
  4. Westbrook complains in his testimony that he was brought before the Warren Commission immediately upon return from vacation without time to prepare. He also makes light of the Keystone Cops style arrest scene at the Texas Theatre. Is it too much to ask that Westbrook take the assassination of a US president seriously, even so seriously as to justify his testimony so soon after his precious personal vacation?
  5. Why is Westbrook's testimony around finding the jacket so confused and stuttering?   What are the true facts about finding this jacket?   Why is the chain of custody missing?  Was a jacket found at all?
  6. What else happens at the Tippit murder scene?  Witnesses say what?  What other evidence is found?
  7. Does Westbrook's testimony around bullets with the gun in his office match testimony given elsewhere about where and when the bullets were found?
  8. Westbrook's walk to the TSBD is suspicous.  Is this true or is he really trying to hide other activities in this time period?   Who else sees him at TSBD?
  9. Westbrook's explanation for McDonald's presence in his office is suspicious.   Is Westbrook helping manufacture evidence around the gun and bullets?
  10. Initially Westbrook comes off as a useless third wheel, he is abandoned and car-less as the big event is happening.  But is this simply a ruse so that he doesn't have to account for his time?
  11. Westbrook's rank gives him the freedom of movement, and no one questions the fact that no one is ordering him to these different scenes. Can he not remember his drivers because of something he's hiding - like, perhaps, he drove himself?  Or with someone else? 
  12. Is his role at the Tippit crime scene really so useless?  Or does Westbrook's vague and seemingly less important testimony show a masterstroke of conspiracy which in fact allows him all afternoon to do whatever he wants in unaccountable fashion?

Westbrook is either the DPD's unloved useless idiot who has no important role in anything - or - he has a big role and simply comes off as an unimportant third wheel on 22 November.  I can't decide which is true.  

Hi Jason,

Here are my responses to your concerns about DPD Captain William R. Westbrook: 

1.  Your question about Westbrook, IMHO, is excellent, namely, What explains Captain Westbrook's seemingly lackluster role, even though he's in all four critical places on 11/22/1963?

2.  Though many DPD officers offer few details, Westbrook offers perhaps the fewest, compared with his key role in Oak Cliff, and in the arrest of Lee Harvey Oswald.  

3.  The WC is happy to let him "read his script" and get off the witness stand quickly.  You and I, however, would have asked Westbrook many, many more questions. 

4.  It is also disturbing to me that Westbrook felt blithe enough to joke about the events of 11/22/1963.  Not just the death of JFK, but also the death of JD Tippit.  Westbrook remembers the funny parts.   It seems a nervous distraction -- like he's hiding something.

5.  Your question about Oswald's white jacket is interesting, Jason, because another DPD officer of few words, Tom Hutson, said something like, "Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you about the jacket we found."  He made a point to get it on the record.

5.1.  Hutson also identified Exhibit #162 as that white jacket.  Yet there is so much DPD stuttering that I wonder if this jacket was really found at Oswald's rooming house, and then made part of a "Master Story."  

6.  It is sad that in one of the key events of US History, the shooting of JD Tippit, those DPD cops at the scene say almost nothing about it.  Secrets are being held, IMHO. 

7.  Let's keep our finger on Westbrook's testimony about Oswald's gun and bullets -- we will hear more about them in later WC testimony. 

8.  I agree with your suspicion about Westbrook's walk to the TSBD, Jason.  Despite his ho-hum attitude about the events of 11/22/1963, I find his behavior very suspicious -- mainly because he's a Personnel Officer, and he accidentally happens to be where the action is.   I think that his role in the JFK plot is larger than meets the eye.

All best,
--Paul

Edited by Paul Trejo

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Police and Sheriff testimony in the Warren Commission Part 19: DPD SGT (Reserve) Kenneth Hudson Croy

Ken Croy, age 27:

• Not a full time police officer.   Croy says he has several occupations including owning a gas station, real estate, steel, and "professional cowboy."
  • 4 years experience as a DPD reserve officer
  • 13 pages of testimony concern Croy's duties and observations around Jack Ruby on 24 November 1963
  • WC Attorney Griffin strangely now asks about off-the-record smalltalk Croy was having with the court reporter prior to giving testimony
  • Croy now testifies he was an unassigned officer at the scene of Tippit's murder
  • WC Attorney Griffin asks Croy to narrate his actions on 22 November
  • Croy is parked at City Hall when he hears Kennedy is shot - it takes him 20 minutes to get to Dealey Plaza and ask if help is needed.
  • Croy is told at Dealey Plaza by unknown officers that no help is needed.
  • On the way home, Croy hears of the Tippit shooting in Oak Cliff and proceeds to the murder scene
  • Croy testifies he is the first DPD officer on the scene of the Tippit murder
  • Tippit's body is loaded into an ambulance as Croy arrives on scene, he says
  • Croy "got me a witness" who is hysterical and describes Tippit's murder; Croy does not know the identity of this witness he speaks to for between 5 and 10 minutes
  • "yes and no," Croy says when asked if other police talked to this witness
  • Croy testifies that the unidentified female witness gives a description of Oswald's clothes.  Croy denies knowing what the description was and cannot remember the described clothes.
  • Croy does not know the names of the other officers present at the Tippit scene.
  • Croy also talks with a taxi driver at the Tippit crime scene - name unknown.
  • Croy now DENIES talking to the taxi driver - a complete reversal of testimony given seconds before
  • Croy provides a confused understanding of the taxi driver finding a gun and bringing it back to the police after leaving with it in his taxi
  • A 3rd unnamed witness also conveys information to Croy, about Oswald walking up the street - although Croy claims the witness did not say what direction Oswald was walking
  • Croy asks if his help is needed any longer at the Tippit scene ad is told no. He goes to eat at Tippit's employer - Austin's Barbecue.
  • No investigative agency of any kind has interviewed Croy as to his role in the Tippit murder investigation, he says.
  • Although Croy admits a "slew" of officers he knows are at the Tippit scene, Croy does not know their names
  • Croy says he aims to go home after leaving the Tippit scene, but then adds in that he also drove by the Texas Theatre, where he knows Oswald is not yet apprehended, although he claims he, Croy, did not stop at the Theatre
  • Croy meets his wife at Austin's Barbecue after driving by the Texas Theatre
  • Croy concludes his testimony by giving a confused explanation of seeing his wife downtown and agreeing to meet at Austin's Barbecue while he, Cory, plans to change clothes at this mother's.   Croy and his wife are separated.

CONCERNS:

1. Croy has a missing 20 minutes just like Westbrook.   They both claim they are at DPD headquarters when JFK is shot, they both claim they briefly went to Dealey Plaza, and they both end up at Tippit's murder scene - but Westbrook spends 20 minutes walking while Croy spends 20 minutes stuck in downtown traffic.  Were they together?  Who saw them at Dealey Plaza?
  2. Why doesn't Croy mention Westbrook or any specific officer at the Tippit murder scene?
  3. Why does Croy remember no witnesses at the Tippit scene or much about what they say?
  4. Croy is the first officer at the Tippit scene and therefore should have pivotal, one-of-a-kind testimony around the crime scene and the evidence found.  Instead, Crow merely says he "found him a witness;" is this believable?
  5. Why does Croy say he talked to the cab driver then immediately say he did NOT talk to the cab driver?
  6. Bill Simpich (above) has Croy handling Oswald's wallet and other evidence at the Tippit murder scene, yet this is missing from WC testimony.  Why?
  7. The insertion of Croy's wife into the narrative is suspicious.   His explanation of events that lead him to Tippit's murder scene are confused, but he manages to slip in that he saw his wife during this period, and although they are estranged, they agree to go to lunch at Austin's Barbecue - Tippit's employer.  This is fantastic!   The president's dead, Tippit is dead, so - - - - let's go to lunch!  
  8. Why is the murder of Oswald so much overshadowing the murder of Kennedy here?   Croy is a prime witness on 22 November, but his worth to investigators seems to be only his 24 November observations.
  9. What happens at Austin's Barbecue and why is this chosen on the day of Tippit's murder as a lunch venue?  Is Croy's wife a barbecue fan?   Or is there some other reason for going to Tippit's employer, Austin's Barbecue?

Overall, Sgt Croy is almost incoherent as a witness.  He has missing periods of time and provides no precise time in anything he says.  Westbrook and Croy are both off the face of the earth for 20 minutes prior to Tippit's murder.  He is the first at Tippit's murder scene and then he goes to Austin's Barbecue - both of which to me make Croy a prime candidate for extreme further scrutiny.

• at about 1:25 some interesting footage of a wallet at the Tippit murder scene; at about 2:30 is FBI agent Bob Barrett, also some views of Mrs Tippitt; about 3:19 is some Croy information

http://www.wfaa.com/video/news/wallet-mystery-from-officer-tippits-murder-settled-after-50-years/287-1028138

Edited by Jason Ward

You should change the name of this thread to Dallas Police, unless you have evidence of Walker in league with them. 

37 minutes ago, Jason Ward said:

<SNIP> 

Overall, Sgt Croy is almost incoherent as a witness.  He has missing periods of time and provides no precise time in anything he says.  He is the first at Tippit's murder scene and then he goes to Austin's Barbecue - both of which to me make Croy a prime candidate for extreme further scrutiny.

Jason,

Great work on DPD Sergeant Kenneth Croy.   Not only is his behavior extremely suspicious -- but your notation that Croy's timing matches that of Captain W.R. Westbrook so closely -- from the DPD to the Tippit murder scene -- is outstanding.

Again, the JD Tippit murder scene is crucially important on 11/22/1963, yet the DPD witnesses have almost nothing to say about it -- and their testimony on Tippit is confused, contradictory and as you say "incoherent." 

I agree wholeheartedly that Croy's testimony and background merits microscopic scrutiny.   

Here's the little bit that I can offer about Austin's BBQ for now:  (1) the chapter of the John Birch Society that met at Austin's BBQ was founded by Robert Alan Surrey and his wife, Mary; and (2) General Walker was the leader of that chapter of the John Birch Society in 1963.   

Several Dallas Police were members of the John Birch Society, according to former FBI agent, William Turner.

All best,
--Paul

Edited by Paul Trejo

29 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

You should change the name of this thread to Dallas Police, unless you have evidence of Walker in league with them. 

Paul B.,

Jeff Caufield (2015) has General Walker as the leader of the JFK plot in Dallas, through the Minutemen -- of whom several members were also Dallas Police.    

We're getting around to the direct connection -- but first we must review the Warren Commission testimony of the Dallas Police in and around Dealey Plaza on 11/22/1963.    It's crucial.    Roscoe White is vital.   JD Tippit is vital.   Austin's BBQ is vital.

When the review of DPD testimony is complete, then a portrait will be formed which will focus on a hierarchy.   Then we will bring Jeff Caufield's work back into focus.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

14 minutes ago, Paul Trejo said:

Jason,

Great work on DPD Sergeant Kenneth Croy.   Not only is his behavior extremely suspicious -- but your notation that Croy's timing matches that of Captain W.R. Westbrook so closely -- from the DPD to the Tippit murder scene -- is outstanding.

Again, the JD Tippit murder scene is crucially important on 11/22/1963, yet the DPD witnesses have almost nothing to say about it -- and their testimony on Tippit is confused, contradictory and as you say "incoherent." 

I agree wholeheartedly that Croy's testimony and background merits microscopic scrutiny.   

Here's the little bit that I can offer about Austin's BBQ for now:  (1) the chapter of the John Birch Society that met at Austin's BBQ was founded by Robert Alan Surrey and his wife, Mary; and (2) General Walker was the leader of that chapter of the John Birch Society in 1963.   

Several Dallas Police were members of the John Birch Society, according to former FBI agent, William Turner.

All best,
--Paul

Hi Paul,

In this thread alone, the evidence provided only in Warren Commission testimony indicates that Dallas law enforcement officers:

1. Cannot account for themselves adequately on the most important day of their history.   In particular, between about 12:30 and 2:00 the exact whereabouts and activities of most every DPD officer or sheriff's deputy is either a big black hole or is confused and contradictory.   The activities at the TSBD and Tippit murder scene are almost a complete mystery to anyone looking to establish an undeniable coherent sequence of events.
  2. Cannot provide a reasonable chain of custody for evidence later used to establish Oswald's guilt - such as the rifle, the pistol, Oswald's clothing, & spent shell casings.
  3. Seem guided by an unknown master narrative, which in Biblical terms would be called the Q document.   However, almost all testimony strays from the Q narrative to lesser or greater degrees - and where it strays, testimony is wildly either a. revealing or b. totally ridiculous.

...all of which to me says the first place to look for the explanation of the assassination is in local law enforcement.

The disturbing thing is that this has been right in front of our faces for 50+ years and instead of looking at the DPD the "research community" has simply followed the lead of one or two early thought-leaders who were honest and important, but nevertheless incomplete in their work.

Jason

1. Dallas Police Chief Jesse E Curry:

Curry_JFK_conserative_texans.png

---JFK Assassination File (1969) by Jesse Curry, p. 4.

2. Walt Brown writing in Treachery in Dallas (1995), p 128:

Treachery_in_Dallas_Walt_Brown_birch_wal

On 3/15/2018 at 7:46 AM, Paul Trejo said:

HOORAY!

An EXCELLENT result, Jason!    This is exactly the result I've been hoping for these past 6 years on this Forum!   :)

Would you be willing to join me in a review all of the WC testimony from all the Dallas Police and Deputies and Law officials on this thread?  ...

Hi Paul,

I'm ready to step into the world most sacred to JFK CTers: speculation.    Is mine supported by evidence?

HYPOTHESIS: DPD Captain Westbrook and DPD Sgt Croy ride together to the Tippit murder scene, possibly leaving downtown even before the murder takes place.   Both officers testify they are at DPD headquarters with no assignment when Kennedy is shot.  Both officers say they are out of the loop for 20 minutes (Westbrook is walking from Old City Hall to Dealey Plaza he says, while Croy says he is stuck in traffic at Old CIty Hall).  Both officers say they are at TSBD very briefly, but no one else sees them there.   Both officers show up at Tippit's murder scene, and Croy is in fact the FIRST officer at Tippit's murder scene, even though he claims he was on his way home and/or driving to Tippit's other employer, Austin's Barbecue.   Neither Westbrook or Croy mention each other in testimony, although Bill Simpich provides evidence (see post above) that Oswald's wallet is provided by Croy to Westbrook at the Tippit murder scene.

SUB HYPOTHESIS: Westbrook and Croy drive by Oswald's rooming house and honk the horn.  They are both unaccounted for in this period and Westbrook (see posts above) goes to some effort afterwards to evidence the whereabouts of certain police cars that day.  We know Croy is close by because he is the first cop at the scene of Tippit's murder.  We don't know where Westbrook is.

Thoughts?

<<<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<<

1. DPD Capt Westbrook spends 20+ minutes in the Twilight Zone before he shows up at the Tippit murder scene:

Westbrook_walked_to_TSBD_WC_hearings.png

2. 4 April 2018 estimate of the walking distance between 1963 DPD headquarters and the TSBD:

20_minutes_DPD_to_dealey_plaza.png

3. Purely by coincidence, SGT Croy also has 20 minutes of missing time - he says driving 1 mile to the TSBD from the same place Westbrook was - Old City Hall
Croy_20_minutes_to_courthouse.png

4. Since Croy and Westbrook start at the same place - Old City Hall.  Do they ride together?
Croy1_stuck_in_traffic.png

5. Captain Westbrook, head of the DPD HR department, refuses to identify the name of his drivers on 22 November 1963, thereby denying any witness to his movements:

Westbrook_doesn_t_know_drivers_name_LI.j

6. Could Capt Westbrook and Sgt Croy be in the car seen by Earlene Roberts???

Earlene_Roberts_police_honk.png

Edited by Jason Ward

Question for Paul, you seem to have studied Gen. Walker, tell me, with documents/evidence, can you give me a day by day account for Gen. Walker several days before the assassination and several days after?  What were his actions?  Do you feel they were suspicious?  How so?

5 hours ago, Paul Trejo said:

Hi Mervyn,

I admit that I know next to nothing about Eugene Bernald except what I have learned this week.   What is relevant, IMHO, is that when General Walker testified before the Senate Subcommittee on Military Preparedness in April 1962, he did not mention the name of Eugene Bernald.

Instead, Walker targeted three people in his many pages of testimony against the Overseas Weekly, namely, reporter Siegfried Naujocks , as well as Editor in Chief, John Dornborg, and finally the newspaper’s owner and publisher Marion von Rospach.   General Walker went on and on about how these men were "subversives."

Let me first say about the Overseas Weekly, which I have perused in microfiche, that it is different from the National Enquirer in many ways.  First, the readership of the Overseas Weekly was almost entirely US Army enlisted men -- mostly bachelors.   For this reason, the articles were peppered with photographs of pin-up girls, from cover to cover.   

You don't see that in the National Enquirer.

General Walker cited this fact several times to the Senate Subcommittee, hoping to prejudice them about how "subversive" this newspaper was -- demoralizing the troops.   So, the second thing I would say about General Walker's long rant against the Overseas Weekly newspaper is how utterly foolish he sounds.   Did Walker really think that American GI's would be better off without photographs of pin-up girls?   Seriously?   If he did, then he was further out of touch with the US Army than he knew.

Otherwise, the quality of writing of the Overseas Weekly was very good -- far above the fluff served up by the National Enquirer.   Again, Walker's hatred of the Overseas Weekly newspaper was partly motivated by the fact that they had a filing cabinet full of dirt about him, so that anything he could say to discredit them would be too little.

Eugene Bernald (1908-2000) is remembered as a kid from Russia who grew up in New York's "Hell's Kitchen."   He worked like a fiend until he founded the Pan American Broadcasting Company, and yes, he did have a large investment in the Overseas Weekly.   As a contributing writer, he once interviewed Mahatma Ghandi in India.   So, he was no slouch.   Bernald became wealthy.   In later life he became a philanthropist and an art collector in New York City.   

You didn't become wealthy in the USA by joining the Reds.   It seems to me that General Walker just wanted to lash out against anyone connected with the Overseas Weekly.  Besides -- Eugene Bernald was from Russia.

As for the CIA -- since they are responsible for fighting crime off-shore, it is guaranteed that they would try to cozy up to every single American businessman doing business off-shore.  That should never come as a surprise.

Finally, as for the Warren Report -- although its conclusion of a Lone Shooter is ridiculous given the facts -- the litany of several hundred witnesses brought forward to cover the field of the JFK assassination is truly historical, and 90% of the data is priceless to historians.  It's that 10% web of lies that we need to unpack.

All best,
--Paul

Hi Paul

Back to both Eugene Bernald and Herbert W. Armstrong (sorry for the repeated questions.)

You wrote that you knew nothing about Bernald until recently, but your comment "Eugene Bernald (1908-2000) .... worked like a fiend until he founded the Pan American Broadcasting Company, and yes, he did have a large investment in the Overseas Weekly" is intriguing.

I am trying to form a working profile of this man, and therefore I am interested in your source for your observation that "he did have a large investment in Overseas Weekly."

However, you also wrote that "when General Walker testified before the Senate Subcommittee on Military Preparedness in April 1962, he did not mention the name of Eugene Bernald."

Where I got my own reference from was a much later submission by Walker to the Arizona Republic in which he not only drew a direct line to Bernald, but he then connected more dots to Radio Swan and to Radio Elizabethville in Kantanga. He then asked in a letter if the person or persons who attempted to kill him were connected to CIA.

What is lost in both the entire history of the so-called 'Swinging Sixties' is the actual history of the sponsored commercial radio stations operating quite legally off the shores of the UK from 1964 to 1967. A draconian censorship law was then introduced by the Labour Government of Harold Wilson to make them "off limits" for British citizens.

Yet there is NO true history of that period in existence at the present time, but just like the JFK Assassination topic, there is a sea of opinionated and unsubstantiated; obfuscated misinformation in circulation in magazines, books and broadcasts (which includes rubbish published by the University of Chicago and rubbish broadcast by BBC!)

In all of this there is a proverbial elephant in the room which no one has addressed. No one (except me and my academic partner.) The name of that elephant is Armstrong and his mouthpiece was 'The World Tomorrow' which aired daily on all of the major sponsored commercial offshore stations. I mention the word 'sponsored' because it is the key. Today, Britain still lacks sponsored commercial radio and television stations.

Bernald helped in the early stages to put Armstrong on stations around the world - including Radio Swan (Americas) and Radio Elizabethville. Both were CIA 'front' operations.

My own working hypothesis is that under the management of a lawyer named Stanley R. Rader, the small offshoot denomination that Armstrong headed, became a 'front' used by CIA.

Forget communists.

In all of this the key player becomes Robert F. Kennedy from (at least) 1962 onwards. RFK headed his own 'Special Ops' division of CIA, in contrast to the huge CIA base operation in South Miami on the university campus. RFK links directly to the history of these offshore station ships, and in particular I am referring to the mv Mi Amigo which was the financial creation of Clint Murchison Jr., under the guidance of Gordon McLendon, and the management of Robert F. Thompson who was a millionaire associate of both men. But that was not all. The mv Olga Patricia was also used in 'Operation Mongoose' during the time that RFK was involved, and that ship had a mortgage held by a bank in Miami in whose building Manuel Artime Buesa had his USA base. Before the mv Olga Patricia sailed for the UK as the new home to 50kW 'Swinging Radio England' and sister station, 50kW 'Britain Radio', it had been secured by CIA for Manuel Artime Buesa - the very same Manuel Artime Buesa who JFK had personally welcomed home (from Bay of Pigs captivity), at a huge rally in Florida.

I think that the entire communist line is a total red herring (pardon the pun).

The hands (plural) of CIA were everywhere in this geo-political mess that ran from the JFK years into the Johnson years. RFK became involved in more offshore hanky-panky with Radio Caroline, which was NOT founded by an Irishman named O'Rahilly, and neither was it named after Caroline Kennedy - but the mythmakers insist that it was.

Mixed up in all of this are Murchison, McLendon and Thompson - not just in Dallas - but in Houston which served as the CIA funding 'front' for Radio Free Europe - which McLendon was also involved with. McLendon had spent part of the Fifties working in Ireland, Denmark and Sweden to change their broadcasting laws in a way that would favor CIA interests.

After the demised of the offshore stations, Herbert W. Armstrong was 'transformed' into the 'Ambassador for World Peace'. His message was almost Buddhist, his mentor (Rader) was Jewish and Armstrong was of Quaker stock. His message was also very proto-Green - before 'Greens' were heard on the world stage. Armstrong built and opened what the L.A. Times described as the 'Carnegie Hall of the West' - where just about every non-rock star appeared. It even became a PBS venue!

Yet, although Armstrong was jetting around in his own Gulfstream aircraft and giving advice to Egyptian, Israeli and Jordanian heads of state about making peace (while visiting many other heads of state), his name is never mentioned.

The reason is that he just doesn't fit in with the 'conservative right wing'. More than that, he did not vote or tell anyone else how to vote, but he was political from the very first plenary meeting of the UN in San Francisco which he was invited to attend by a Saudi prince.

Therefore my interest in Walker comes from what he LATER came to believe in the Seventies, and that is that he was really fighting CIA interests - which as an organization was no more united than the various Mafia organizations with which CIA groups worked with.

The story of this strange entanglement shifts from Florida to Australia during the Vietnam War, and many of the same people are also involved.

It also drags in Haiti, and one day while at work in a shared office in Arlington, Texas, in walked Bill Colby, former CIA Director, who was there to try to sort out the mess created by the appropriation of property by Baby Doc under a contract signed by his Papa Doc and the same person who had earlier created a clone of McLendon's KLIF in 'Big D', and placed it aboard a former US minesweeper as home to 'Big L', a 50kW 'Wonderful Radio London' which broadcast 'The World Tomorrow' to the UK every evening in the 'Swinging Sixties'.

All of this brings us back to November 22, 1963 and the events that surrounded it - beginning with someone who took a pot shot at Major General Walker.

As previously stated, forget Russia, forget communists, the trail leads to the fractured interests of CIA and Mafia working together for common cause in Dealey Plaza.

Mervyn

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 4:02 AM, Jason Ward said:

Hi Paul,

Interesting to me is that Hoover was aware of the intense effort the Right made to make sure the assassination was not blamed on a lone nut, not blamed on the Right, not blamed on the CIA, but instead blamed on a communist, in conspiracy with Castro and Moscow.  Most of below is from The Cross and The Flag, a newsletter put out by Christian conservative leader Gerald L K Smith.

Warren Commission Document 781:

crossflag1.png

crossflag2.png

1. ...don't blame the CIA

crossflag11.png

2. ...hmmm....how well known is Walker's German newspaper article in April, 1964?
crossflag10.png

3. ...satanic purveyors of falsehood...
crossflag9.png

4. Gerald L K Smith knows Oswald shot at Walker before the famous letter at the Paine house is published
crosslag9.png

5. ....the Right is not friendly with Jewish people or African Americans in the early 60s:
crossflag8.png

6. Earl Warren is very feared: were they afraid of what the WR would reveal?

crossflag5.png
crossflag7.png

7. Oswald's summer in New Orleans proves he is a Castro-loving communist
crossflag6.png

8. JFK - dead at the hands of communists, but JFK's own friends won't admit it:

crossflag4.png

.....and are Marina's alleged families ties to Soviet intelligence generally known to the public in March, 1964 when Smith wrote this?

Jason, I am interested in knowing whether there is any truth to these statements:

"The President went to Dallas knowing and protecting his November assassin Lee H. Oswald from prosecution for his April Crime "Attempted Assassination of the former General working at his desk in his Dallas home, 9:00 p.m. April 10." "The Kennedy protection included an early-morning, secret release of the \ prime suspect Lee H. Oswald, from Dallas Police Custody on Kennedy | orders, April 11."

Was Oswald arrested and released?

Mervyn

2 hours ago, Mervyn Hagger said:

Jason, I am interested in knowing whether there is any truth to these statements:

"The President went to Dallas knowing and protecting his November assassin Lee H. Oswald from prosecution for his April Crime "Attempted Assassination of the former General working at his desk in his Dallas home, 9:00 p.m. April 10." "The Kennedy protection included an early-morning, secret release of the \ prime suspect Lee H. Oswald, from Dallas Police Custody on Kennedy | orders, April 11."

Mervyn

Hi Mervyn,

There is no evidence Oswald was in police custody or in any way known to police around the time of the 10 April 1963 gunshot at General Walker's house on Turtle Creek in Dallas - as far as I know - other than claims by General Walker and his cronies including Gerald L K Smith.  Who first accuses Oswald of shooting at Walker is IMO of great importance in the assassination mystery, along with understanding why it was important Oswald be accused.

Paul Trejo has a much broader insight into Walker's claims over ~30 years that the Kennedys and the CIA were protecting Oswald or otherwise involved in the 10 April 1963 Walker shooting.   I'll let him respond further.

Jason

7 hours ago, Cory Santos said:

Question for Paul, you seem to have studied Gen. Walker, tell me, with documents/evidence, can you give me a day by day account for Gen. Walker several days before the assassination and several days after?  What were his actions?  Do you feel they were suspicious?  How so?

Cory,

General Walker, in the days before the JFK Assassination, was in Louisiana, meeting with Radical Right leaders like Leander Perez, Kent Courtney and Guy Banister.   A.J. Weberman documented this decades ago.

On the day after the JFK Assassination,  General Walker contacted the German newspaper, Deutsche Nationalzeitung, to tell its editor, Gerhard Frey, and its reporter, Helmut Muench (alias Hasso Thornstein) that Lee Harvey Oswald had been his shooter back in April, 1963, and Oswald was captured, but RFK let him go.   Here's a snippet:

http://www.pet880.com/images/19631129_Deutsche_NZ.jpg

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

12 minutes ago, Paul Trejo said:

Cory,

General Walker, in the days before the JFK Assassination, was in Louisiana, meeting with Radical Right leaders like Leander Perez, Kent Courtney and Guy Banister.   A.J. Weberman documented this decades ago.

On the day after the JFK Assassination,  General Walker contacted the German newspaper, Deutsche Nationalzeitung, to tell its editor, Gerhard Frey, and its reporter, Helmut Muench (alias Hasso Thornstein) that Lee Harvey Oswald had been his shooter back in April, 1963, and Oswald was captured, but RFK let him go.   Here's a snippet:

http://www.pet880.com/images/19631129_Deutsche_NZ.jpg

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Paul, is that a statement wafted out of thin air, or was Oswald arrested and let go? Are there documents to support that claim, and if not, where did Walker get his idea from? Mervyn

5 hours ago, Mervyn Hagger said:

Mervyn

Mervyn,

This statement by General Walker was printed in the Kerrville Daily Times in 1992.   Here's the full article:

http://www.pet880.com/images/19920119_EAW_Oswald_arrested.pdf

Walker long held this claim -- although he continually changed its details.   In my reading, this means that there is some truth in it, and some political and psychological fantasy.  Here's my interpretation:

1.  Starting with Dick Russell's excellent book, The Man Who Knew Too Much (1992), Dick interviewed Mrs. Natasha Voshinin who told him that four days after the Walker shooting (i.e. on Easter Sunday, April 14, 1963) George De Mohrenschildt visited her husband Igor and her, and told them that he and Jeanne suspected Lee Harvey Oswald of shooting at General Walker four days ago.

2.  Natasha Voshinin told Dick Russell that she ordered George to tell the FBI, but he refused.  So, after George left, she herself called the FBI and told them.

3.  The person she probably told was Dallas FBI agent James Hosty, because he was working the Oswald case at the time.

4.  FBI agent James Hosty (says Penn Jones Jr.) had been the bridge partner for Robert Alan Surrey for many years.   Surrey had his office at General Walker's home address.

5.  In my CT, James Hosty was "turned" by Walker and Surrey to join the Radical Right civilian plot against JFK, as early as the Cuban Missile Crisis in 1962.

6.  For this reason, instead of logging the call as normal, James Hosty immediately reported the involvement of Lee Harvey Oswald in the Walker shooting to General Walker personally -- on Easter Sunday, April 14, 1963.

7.  This explains why Walker would later write to Senator Frank Church in 1975, that he knew Lee Harvey Oswald was his shooter "within days" of the shooting.   Here is the letter again:  http://www.pet880.com/images/19750623_EAW_to_Frank_Church.pdf

8.  In that letter, General Walker does not name James Hosty -- but on the contrary -- conceals the name and rank of Hosty.   Nevertheless, Walker is convinced that Hosty is an honest reporter, and that the basic information is true and correct.

9.  Now -- we must also add in this mix that General Walker was diagnosed as "mildly paranoid" by two psychiatrists, following the Ole Miss riots of 1962.   This was after JFK and RFK had sent Walker to an insane asylum.

10.   Walker was always worried that RFK was out to get him after that point.  He was convinced that RFK had sent somebody to kill him.  Now he was convinced that RFK sent LHO to kill him.

11.  In his paranoid imagination, then (and this is my reading) General Walker was convinced that Oswald was arrested (i.e. the FBI knew about Oswald) but that RFK had released Oswald (i.e. RFK would not allow the FBI to arrest Oswald).   It was fairly close -- and it sounded more dramatic so, General Walker stuck with that version of the story.  It got him lots of sympathy among the Radical Right.

12.  So, the origin of Walker's belief was a half-truth -- it was a fantasy based on the fact of the phone call by Natasha Voshinin to James Hosty on Easter Sunday, April 14, 1963.

All best,
--Paul

Edited by Paul Trejo