The Education Forum

Ted Kennedy

One interesting thing - and I forget what book I read this in - was that the two passenger-side doors had large vertical dents in them.  You can see the dents in photos of the car being raised from the pond.  The book's author claimed that the car couldn't have gotten these parallel dents from going into the water and landing on its roof.  The author theorized that the car skidded on dry land and struck a pair of trees on that side before going into the water.   

Wish I could remember the book, as it impressed me at the time - part of its thesis is that Ted wasn't in the car, and the car was pushed off the bridge with Kopechne in the back seat. 

Edited by David Andrews

18 hours ago, Don Jeffries said:

My research proved that JFK, Jr. at least was not only keenly interested in who killed his father, but actually was on some kind of quest to expose the truth behind the scenes.

Don, could you please tell me more? Thanks in advance

I’ve been “locked out” of the forum because I couldn’t remember my password and the ‘forgot password’ function wasn’t working but I somehow got logged on, on my other computer.  In any event, I’m glad this topic came up because I was going to start a new topic on it.

My boss was Ted Kennedy’s chief economist in the late 80’s.  I’ve never discussed Chappaquiddick with him previously, but about three weeks ago we went out for drinks and the topic came up because of the Chappaquiddick movie that recently came out.

According to him, what really happened at Chappaquiddick was something of an open secret in Ted Kennedy’s office and Kennedy’s longtime personal bodyguard told my boss the following:

Ted Kennedy was having an affair with one of the women there that night, but it wasn’t Mary Jo Kopechne.  At the dinner party, Kopechne had too much to drink and wandered out to lie down somewhere, and the closest place she found was the backseat of Kennedy’s car.  A while later, Kennedy and his mistress left the party after having some drinks.  It was dark out when they got in the front two seats of the car and neither one noticed Kopechne, who was in the back seat passed out.  After he crashed in the water, both him and his mistress swam to shore, but Kopechne was still in the backseat and not having known she was back there, didn’t think to rescue her.  They didn’t call for help or report it immediately because they didn’t even know she was there.  Later on, dinner guests must have realized she was missing.

Once it started to become clear to Kennedy and his confidants what had happened, it was all cover-up because he didn’t want it coming out that he was having an affair while his wife was pregnant.

He could have said he didn’t know Kopechne was in the car, but it wouldn’t have been very believable considering the deputy saw him in the car with a female in the passenger seat, so he said he was driving Kopechne home.  (This last sentence is my interpretation – my boss ended with “it was all cover up after that”).

This scenario doesn’t preclude any kind of meddling, however.  It seems like the perfect storm of events, which raises the possibility that Kopechne was drugged and/or encouraged to go into the backseat.  Perhaps once she was, a car then drove Kennedy off the road to ensure he ended up in the water.

Ron,

I definitely favor the theory that Ted wasn't in the car that night. His story made no sense, but I don't believe he was capable of purposefully leaving a young girl to die like that. Ted was talking calmly with witnesses on a yacht the next morning, appearing completely normal. Then Joe Gargan and Markham came up to him, whispered in his ear, and he turned white as a sheet and fled the scene. I think that's pretty telling. 

Paz,

The best source for the JFK, Jr. death is the chapter on it in my book Hidden History. I will also be giving an interview devoted exclusively to this on the Midnight Writer News Show in the near future. In the meantime, here's an article I wrote on the subject a few years back :

https://www.henrymakow.com/2015/07/JFK-Jr-Death-Was-No-Accident .html

On 4/22/2018 at 4:28 PM, Jeffrey Reilley said:

f my two brothers were assassinated the way they were and at the times they were, and then Chappaquiddick happened to me, two things would happen in my mind: 1. Any doubt I may have had about my brothers' murders would be gone. 2. I would worry about myself and the rest of my family and would never speak of it again.  

I recently watched two You-Tube videos on Chappaquiddick and JFK Jr's death , that made sense of both  incidents.

Edited by Robert Harper
add link

3 hours ago, Don Jeffries said:

Paz,

The best source for the JFK, Jr. death is the chapter on it in my book Hidden History. I will also be giving an interview devoted exclusively to this on the Midnight Writer News Show in the near future. In the meantime, here's an article I wrote on the subject a few years back :

Don,

very kind. Thank you

5 hours ago, Brian Schmidt said:

I’ve been “locked out” of the forum because I couldn’t remember my password and the ‘forgot password’ function wasn’t working but I somehow got logged on, on my other computer.  In any event, I’m glad this topic came up because I was going to start a new topic on it.

My boss was Ted Kennedy’s chief economist in the late 80’s.  I’ve never discussed Chappaquiddick with him previously, but about three weeks ago we went out for drinks and the topic came up because of the Chappaquiddick movie that recently came out.

According to him, what really happened at Chappaquiddick was something of an open secret in Ted Kennedy’s office and Kennedy’s longtime personal bodyguard told my boss the following:

Ted Kennedy was having an affair with one of the women there that night, but it wasn’t Mary Jo Kopechne.  At the dinner party, Kopechne had too much to drink and wandered out to lie down somewhere, and the closest place she found was the backseat of Kennedy’s car.  A while later, Kennedy and his mistress left the party after having some drinks.  It was dark out when they got in the front two seats of the car and neither one noticed Kopechne, who was in the back seat passed out.  After he crashed in the water, both him and his mistress swam to shore, but Kopechne was still in the backseat and not having known she was back there, didn’t think to rescue her.  They didn’t call for help or report it immediately because they didn’t even know she was there.  Later on, dinner guests must have realized she was missing.

Once it started to become clear to Kennedy and his confidants what had happened, it was all cover-up because he didn’t want it coming out that he was having an affair while his wife was pregnant.

He could have said he didn’t know Kopechne was in the car, but it wouldn’t have been very believable considering the deputy saw him in the car with a female in the passenger seat, so he said he was driving Kopechne home.  (This last sentence is my interpretation – my boss ended with “it was all cover up after that”).

This scenario doesn’t preclude any kind of meddling, however.  It seems like the perfect storm of events, which raises the possibility that Kopechne was drugged and/or encouraged to go into the backseat.  Perhaps once she was, a car then drove Kennedy off the road to ensure he ended up in the water.

Having heard this for the first time. If this is the truth, It would appear the truth would have been kinder to Ted's reputation than the story he concocted, because after all in either story he was to be caught leaving the house with another woman  presumably cheating on his pregnant wife. I would suppose the fact that he would settle on the more incriminating story is that he thought the real story would not be believed. But if he was seen by a sheriff driving off, he can't deny leaving with a woman. But it seems as if he reasoned that he would take the heat for his hand in the death of Kopechne, and in essence destroy his prospects for at least a time, of running for President if he chooses, only in order to save the identity of his true mistress, who would be the only  one who could have corroborated his story.

That's the problem I have with this story. Am I missing something?

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 4:21 PM, Ron Ecker said:

Jim,

The only account of Chappaquiddick that I specifically remember reading is Senatorial Privilege, and I no longer have the book or it's somewhere in storage. But I did a Google search for the quote as I remember it, and found this in an Esquire collection of Kennedy family quotes: "They're going to shoot my xxx off the way they shot Bobby."

The quote is from 1969, but no source is cited. It could be what I remember reading, which got altered in my memory over time.

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/interviews/a6770/kennedy-family-history-0110/

Ron it's been a lot of years but I've read the 1969 quote too.  Not in Esquire or the Daily Mail article by Posner(!) where I found it also.

"On the way back from a 1969 Congressional junket to Alaska, between rounds of drinks, he told reporters They're going to shoot my axx the way they did Bobby".

That's how I remember reading it wherever I did.  On a plane from Alaska, drinking.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/ted-kennedy-was-no-victim

End of 4th paragraph.

• 1 year later...
On 4/24/2018 at 9:59 AM, Brian Schmidt said:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/50-years-woman-mysteriously-drowned-160355147.html

This is the same story my boss told me about a year and a half ago. The part that’s missing from the article is Kennedy was having an affair with the woman in the front seat of the car and he was drunk, hence the need for a cover-up. Also in his version, she wandered into the backseat herself, so “Betty” might not really exist.