The Education Forum

The Mysterious Life and Death of James McCord

There are four articles at Rense.com that you inked to here in 2017.  These same articles are on the website Sherman Skolnick's Report, and various mirror and anthology sites on the web.

The trouble is...I seem to remember reading a really long set of articles by Skolnick on the Hunt crash, dense with detail (on the crash and on his war with NTSB), some of which is digested in the appendix to Dorothy but is not in the shorter four articles called "The Secret History of Airplane Sabotage 1-4".

Some of the problem for me is that I'm working from memories of a borrowed copy of Dorothy, and the samples of the book at Amazon and Google change with every access, and are incomplete in the first place.  I may (or may not) have saved Skolnick's original research to a hard drive years ago, but am too busy with my own "personal-security crisis" to go hunting.

Skolnick, from article 1:

I am posting starting as Part One excerpts from the book. In some instances, it has been updated and slightly revised to show details uncovered after 1973.

Doug Caddy, does St. John Hunt have a complete version of Skolnick's plane crash research that could find its way back to the web?  I doubt that there would be copyright issues.

Conveniently, Skolnick's book has been taken down at Archive.org...

Edited by David Andrews

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 6:47 PM, Michael Clark said:

Thanks David, I have not read Dorothy, but I did read some of skolnik’s work. I very well may have formed my take on that accident from him.

I used to get a lot of stuff from Sherman Skolnik in the early 70's.  His long write up on the plane crash was excellent.  He also put out tapes on

the true history of the US. (Nazi links and backers).  He and Mae Brussel were the go to people back in those days.

• 1 month later...

Because James McCord is mentioned as being one of my clients in Watergate in my posting today titled, "Watergate. Trump's Space Force, and 2020," I am providing a link to my article:

Who in 1972 when Watergate broke could have foreseen that the scandal eventually would lead back to President Trump’s uncle John G.Trump, an eminent scientist at MIT in the 1940’s who was delegated by the government among other classified tasks with reading Tesla’s secret files after his death and investigating the UFO phenomenon and then into the next century to Donald Trump inside the White House in a titanic struggle for control of the universe? Only one person foresaw this: President Richard Nixon who 47 years ago predicted that next year, 2020, would be cataclysmic not only for America but for the whole planet and who 32 years ago predicted that Trump one day would be president.

Edited by Douglas Caddy

I'm currently reading Hunt's biography which touches on James McCord (and Douglas Caddy.)  I also saw Mr. Caddy's name in another book I'm reading.  (I always have at least two books going at once.)  Fortunately, the second one hasn't touched on McCord or Hunt...at least, not yet.  It's  a fat book.  But reading about this period of history always makes me feel like all we need to do is switch a few names/dates and voila - we'd be here in present times.

1 hour ago, Stephanie Goldberg said:

I'm currently reading Hunt's biography which touches on James McCord (and Douglas Caddy.)  I also saw Mr. Caddy's name in another book I'm reading.  (I always have at least two books going at once.)  Fortunately, the second one hasn't touched on McCord or Hunt...at least, not yet.  It's  a fat book.  But reading about this period of history always makes me feel like all we need to do is switch a few names/dates and voila - we'd be here in present times.

Stephanie: I would be honored if you would read my article posted not far above titled, "Watergate, Trump's Space Force and 2020." I have been a member of the EF for over a decade and this article is the most important one I have ever posted. I would be interested in your candid critique after your read it. There is no question in my mind but that 2020 will be....well you will just have to read it. Thanks. -- Doug

• 2 weeks later...

This article by Robert Merritt appears in Watergate Exposed that I co-wrote which published by Trine Day in 2010:

The secret key to the Watergate break-in

When Carl Shoffler arrested the five Watergate burglars on June 17, 1972 at 2:30 AM, he claimed that he found one key on the person of the burglar known as Eugenio Martinez. He asserted that the key was taped on the front of a notebook found on Martinez and that he subsequently inscribed his own notes in his detective’s pad about what he had found relating to the arrests. Martinez’ notebook, bearing Shoffler’s initials with the key taped on it, was later placed in the U.S. National Archives, where it sat for almost two decades before being noticed.

This key was the subject of an A&E Investigative Report broadcast in 1992 with the title of “Key to Watergate.”  Officer Shoffler was interviewed in the program. Here is the link to the A& E Investigative Report:

https://www.watergate.com/john-dean/key-to-watergate

Shoffler lied in his official police report on the burglars’ arrest. In actuality there were two keys involved and he removed both keys, not just one, from Eugenio Martinez. The key that he removed and disclosed was a key to the desk of a secretary at the Democratic National Committee. The key that he failed to disclose was a blank safe deposit box key that he had arranged to have placed in the secretary’s desk prior to the break-in as part of his plan to set up the burglars.

I have personal knowledge about the second key. About a week before the arrests took place Carl asked me to go to a local locksmith and purchase a blank safe deposit key, which I did.  When I returned to our apartment Carl produced a one page document that had encrypted writing on it. He explained to me that the writing was gibberish. He handed the one page document to me using only his fingernails. After I took the document he asked that I fold it so that it would fit inside a white no. 10 business envelop, which he also provided to me using only his fingernails. He directed me to place the document and the key inside the envelop. As I did so I purposely pressed my thumb down hard on the document so that if it later became an issue my thumb print could be traced, as well as all my other fingerprints on the paper, key and envelop. I licked the envelop and sealed it with the encrypted document and key inside. Shoffler then directed me to insert the envelop into an inside pocket of the jacket he was wearing.

Why did I purposely leave my fingerprints? Because I had begun not to trust Shoffler fully after the sudden disappearance of my close friend, Rita Reed. If something had happened to Rita because she knew too much, then I figured something could happen to me. My fingerprints on the key, document and envelop were a form of insurance for me, or so I thought.

When he employed his triangulation wiretapping after June 3 he led the burglars to believe that a safe deposit key and paper inside an envelope in the secretary’s desk would lead them to a treasure trove of vitally important documents. Possession of the documents would ensure the victory of President Nixon in his re-election campaign and bestow other political benefits.

Shoffler, using his wiretap triangulation, also managed to persuade the burglars to move the planned break-in date from June 18 to June 17, which was his birthday. He did so without the burglars being aware that the conversation that they had wiretapped detailing the safe deposit key in the secretary’s desk and June 17 date was a set up conversation orchestrated by him and had no connection to the offices of the Democratic National Committee. In the orchestrated conversation Shoffler indicated that the key to open the secretary’s desk was under her telephone on top of her desk.

There is an open question even today whether the burglars’ wiretap operation was wiretapping the Democratic National Committee. It may be that their wiretap operation was instead wiretapping the prostitution ring being operated from an apartment in the Columbia Plaza Apartments across the street from the Watergate complex. The prostitution ring allegedly serviced referrals by telephone from someone inside the Democratic National Committee. The burglar having the most knowledge about the burglars’ wiretap operation was James McCord.

After Shoffler returned to my apartment at 7 A.M. on June 17, he roused me from sleep and embraced me and kissed me. He was obviously elated. He said to me, “Thanks to you my operation was a total success. I arrested five burglars. But you must promise me never to tell what you know.” He then showed me the blank safe deposit key that he had withheld from the arrest record, which he had arranged to be planted beforehand in the secretary’s desk. He told me that Martinez was hiding both keys – the first one to open the desk and the second the safe deposit key -- in one of his hands at the time of the arrests and that he physically forced Martinez to surrender both keys. He also showed me the envelop that I had sealed earlier with the key and encrypted writing inside. It had been opened. He told me that he was going to destroy the envelop, encrypted document and key. He then left my apartment, telling me that he was going to grab breakfast at the nearby Hartnett Hall restaurant and then proceed to the courthouse to assist in the arraignment of the burglars.

As the A&E video clearly shows, the investigation of the actual break-in on June 17 was given sparse attention in contrast to the thorough investigation given the cover-up that followed, whose aim was to remove Nixon from office. Howard Liebengood, Counsel to the Senate Watergate Committee, asserts in the video that “I must tell you that I am disturbed about the Watergate break-in and that I am convinced that what we don’t know about the Watergate break-in may well be more important than what we do know twenty years after.”

In the months that followed the arrests, Shoffler in conversations with me would repeatedly refer to the team of burglars of Liddy, Hunt, McCord and the four Cuban-Americans as his “little duckies.”  He was especially contemptuous of Liddy and chortled when Liddy, after he was found guilty, boasted that he planned to remain quiet. In reality Shoffler was fearful that if Liddy did talk, he would provide sufficient information and clues that would lead to discovery of Shoffler’s role in setting up the burglars, a role that Liddy was unaware of. Liddy’s plan to remain quiet fit in perfectly with Shoffler’s own plan, which had duped the burglars from its beginning.

He later expanded his “little duckies” pejorative category to everyone involved in the Watergate saga – President Nixon, the Senate Watergate Committee, the Watergate Special Prosecution Force, the media, etc. -- as being his “duckies.” He said, “It is like shooting ducks sitting in a pond with a blindfold on.” Since he held the ace card in clandestinely setting up the burglars, Shoffler could direct its ultimate outcome from behind the scenes. In fact shortly after he made the arrests Shoffler telephoned the Washington Post and reported what had occurred. This inaugurated a relationship with the Post. Shoffler was the primary Deep Throat, out rivaling Mark Felt in his disclosures to the Post.

I believe that Mark Felt had knowledge that a planned break-in of some sort was in the works.

It was he who directed FBI Agents Tucker and O’Connor to visit and quiz me about the rumor they had picked up that I knew something about a planned break-in. Their visit came a day or two after I informed Shoffler and his two associates on June 3 of what Rita Reed had told me. Why did Felt and the FBI agents never acknowledge their prior knowledge that a break-in had been in the offing? I strongly suspect they felt that their doing so would lead directly to me and once I became a central figure in Watergate I would be forced to disclose to the investigative authorities the numerous crimes that I had committed under the FBI’s COINTELPRO. Disclosure of these crimes might have meant Felt, Tucker and O’Connor would have faced prosecution for directing these crimes be done. (As it turned out, Felt was later indicted in 1978 and stood trial for certain activities that he had engaged in as part of COINTELPRO.) So it was in the interest of the FBI that I remain silent and out of the public spotlight after the break-in case broke on June 17.

In viewing the video, special attention should be given to Shoffler’s eye movements, facial expressions, body language, and oral statements. He boasted to me on numerous occasions that, as a military intelligence agent, he had been trained to lie without being detected. However, a careful watching of him being interviewed shows that he was not a total master at doing this.

In his burning quest to become the celebrity known as the most famous policeman in the world, Shoffler designed a secret plan that forced a sitting president from office, destroyed the faith of the American people immeasurably in their system of government, and launched a bitter political partisanship that has divided the country ever since. It boggles the mind that a single individual could have so changed the course of history, but this is what Shoffler, in his own way an evil genius, accomplished.

• 8 months later...

When the Watergate burglars were arrested, they gave the arresting officers false names. But as they provided handwriting samples at police headquarters, an MPD intelligence officer recognized "Edward Martin" as ex-CIA security officer James McCord, the security chief for the Nixon campaign.

When he interviewed McCord in his courthouse cell that afternoon, McCord said he was sorry, he had taken a calculated risk and gotten caught - the other men were retired CIA men from Miami. Apart from one FBI interview, the MPD officer Garey Bittenbender has never told his story until now: https://nixondirtytricks.com/garey-bittenbender

A few months ago, I also posted a blog on how the Secret Service reacted to news of the Watergate break-in. Jake Esterline, CIA station chief in Miami, told a local Secret Service agent "the Agency was concerned with [James] McCord's emotional stability prior to his retirement.” The agent laughed, "knowing that this was his attempt to cover the Agency's backside." You can read the full story here: https://nixondirtytricks.com/the-secret-service

So Mr. Caddy,

Watergate happened because John Dean was able to convince  Nixon, Halderman and Erlichman that with $1 million he could go after the people on Nixons enemys list? Dean then used some of that money and G.Liddy to find out if the woman he was engaged too or maried too at that time "Mo" had been or still was a mob run "Call Girl"?

Adam:

In O'Sullivan's book, he does a nice job analyzing that whole issue.

Silent Coup tried to lay off almost the entire Watergate scandal on John Dean and Bailey.  To the point that one almost thinks the book was commissioned by Mitchell.

I should add,  Spencer Oliver told me such was the case.

The Lukas book, Nightmare, was a good summary of just how all this criminal activity got going in the Nixon White House.  And it was not at all just Dean.

On 7/28/2019 at 5:32 PM, Douglas Caddy said:

Because James McCord is mentioned as being one of my clients in Watergate in my posting today titled, "Watergate. Trump's Space Force, and 2020," I am providing a link to my article:

Who in 1972 when Watergate broke could have foreseen that the scandal eventually would lead back to President Trump’s uncle John G.Trump, an eminent scientist at MIT in the 1940’s who was delegated by the government among other classified tasks with reading Tesla’s secret files after his death and investigating the UFO phenomenon and then into the next century to Donald Trump inside the White House in a titanic struggle for control of the universe? Only one person foresaw this: President Richard Nixon who 47 years ago predicted that next year, 2020, would be cataclysmic not only for America but for the whole planet and who 32 years ago predicted that Trump one day would be president.

Doug's July 28, 2019 recounting of Nixon's 1973 prediction of a U.S. and entire world affecting cataclysmic event occurring in the year 2020 is mind blowing and simply too grandly specific to be dismissed as mere coincidence.

The fact that the Covid-19 event is effecting and changing the entire world ( 8 BILLION PEOPLE )  in every major political, social and economic way and in just a 3 month time span already sets Nixon's prediction apart in it's importance as well as Doug's credibility in stating it and it's importance ( more than once) and well before it's actual occurrence.

As far as I ever read, Nixon was not an Edgar Cayce or Jeanne Dixon promoter.

His only other odd comments to anyone else which suggested fantastic truths was to Jackie Gleason about captured ETs. He also mentioned in a recorded comment ( although he thought it wasn't recorded ) to an interviewer an inference of LBJ's guilt in the JFK assassination " you know Lyndon...he never liked to be number two."

This world wide and world changing coronavirus just this year truly fit's Nixon's prediction to such a specific degree, it begs more study and interest imo.

I now believe Doug's reporting of it and it's importance greatly.

Also, in going back to the posting of Fletcher Prouty's account of Francis Gary Power's capture and all the items he was carrying with him upon his capture is ominously intriguing.

48 gold coins? Lots of foreign currency? All his ID including his drivers license?

More stuff than a traveling salesman!

Reminds me of what "Q" gave James Bond before his spy mission to Turkey in the film "From Russia With Love." A brief case with 20 English gold sovereigns secretly encased.

Joe:

1. I am pretty sure from the context that this is about space aliens and UFO's.  On that level its about as credible as the whole JFK and MJ 12 papers imbroglio.

2. The idea that anyone could predict Trump in 1973, or CV 19, is quite dubious. In fact, the first story ever published in the NYT about Trump was in 1973.

3.  Nixon  suspected Dean days after the break in? Dean was actually writing a report for Nixon on the whole Watergate affair at the time he left.

4. The allegedly grandiose goals that Nixon had were pretty simple: to get re-elected and then get Vietnam off the front pages.  With what we know today about him, the attempt to make Nixon into some kind of grand statesman on the order of Hammarskjold is ludicrous. Dr. Jeffrey Kimball listened to the declassified tapes and looked at the papers at the Nixon Library.  He then wrote two good books on the subject: Nixon's Vietnam War (1998), and The Vietnam War Files (2004). These both expose Nixon and Kissinger as the John Foster Dulles type Cold Warriors that they were.

5.  The idea that Nixon was the equivalent of Oswald is fruity.  Oswald was framed for a crime he did not commit, and could not have committed.  The best one could say about Tricky Dick is that he was caught up in a battle with Helms and the CIA.  I mean we have on tape now that Nixon himself suggested the fire bombing of Brookings to cover up his sabotage of a Vietnam settlement in the Anna Chennault affair, and he was the one who suggested the formation of a group of agents like Hunt to do it with.  So please, the idea the two men are equivalent is unfounded at best and kind of repugnant at worst.

Edited by James DiEugenio