The Education Forum

Altgens 6 and the Dal Tex shooter on the 2nd floor

I always suspected that the rifle image on the 2nd or 3rd floor was actually part of the fire escape. The fire escape was removed years ago so Google Earth would not solve it. Until last week I never found a good enough image of it to make a comparison. Here is a clear image of the fire escape next to Alt 6. There is an X shaped cross bar marked and that is responsible for the rifle image. The new image was taken from a few feet to the left of Altgens position so it does not line up perfectly but I think it is still obvious

Edited by Chris Bristow

It's hard to say.  Looks like part of the fire escape.

altgens-crop-gun.jpg

Sure you are not confusing that with this:

altgens-gun-in-window.jpg

The window is open with some sort of curtain or mesh screen loose at the bottom.  One other windows looks this way.

57 minutes ago, John Butler said:

It's hard to say.  Looks like part of the fire escape.

altgens-crop-gun.jpg

Sure you are not confusing that with this:

altgens-gun-in-window.jpg

The window is open with some sort of curtain or mesh screen loose at the bottom.  One other windows looks this way.

Looks like the fire escape. After identifying the X In the comparison photo I think I can see most of the X in a 6. At some point it's sort of turns into a roast shark test. The talk-to-text still has a lot a room for improvement, but I'll bet you know what I meant.

2 hours ago, John Butler said:

Roast shark?  A good laugh.  I like it.

Or "Row! Shark!"

In the comparison image on the right the bottom crossbar doesn't line up below the top two. It's a couple feet to the right. I don't know why. A few feet to the right in a 6 is a bit obscured by other stuff but it doesn't look like it's there.

altgens-first-and-second-floor-fire-esca

The first floor window is open or it has been darkened.  The simpler idea is there is nothing there including no crossbars.  Why?

The first and second floor windows at the fire escape would be a bad choice for a shooter.  Wouldn't you have to shoot through the fire escape to hit a target on Elm Street?  Shooting form these windows doesn't make sense when you have many others to choose from.  The guy on the steps really does look like a spotter or coordinator just like the Danny Arce appearing character on the street.

There are so many things that can be challenged in Altgens 6 it is hard to take it seriously.  The Dal-Tex building does not appear to be manipulated as the rest of Altgens 6.

10 hours ago, John Butler said:

altgens-first-and-second-floor-fire-esca

The first floor window is open or it has been darkened.  The simpler idea is there is nothing there including no crossbars.  Why?

The first and second floor windows at the fire escape would be a bad choice for a shooter.  Wouldn't you have to shoot through the fire escape to hit a target on Elm Street?  Shooting form these windows doesn't make sense when you have many others to choose from.  The guy on the steps really does look like a spotter or coordinator just like the Danny Arce appearing character on the street.

There are so many things that can be challenged in Altgens 6 it is hard to take it seriously.  The Dal-Tex building does not appear to be manipulated as the rest of Altgens 6.

I'm not advancing a theory that the crossbar isn't there I just can't see it. It does make more sense, as someone mentioned, that a higher floor would be much better. I don't know if a fire escape would get in the way because it's so close to the shooter. The shooter could move 6 inches and the fire escapes position relative to Elm will change by 15 to 20 ft. So I don't think he'd have a problem getting around the fire escape

I've believed for many years a shot, maybe two came from the possibly first but more likely second floor of the Dal-Tex building.  I still do.   In these A-6 pictures the first floor fire escape window appears to be open but empty.  Maybe blacked out?  The first floor is elevated from the street (important).  The second floor in the picture seems blurred in comparison to the first floor.  Why?  In it, below and to the right of center of the  X in the fire escape crossbar is a black dot.  Surrounded by a bit of white. What is that?  Not a hand on a rifle barrel?  No face behind it.

I've posted about this on other treads before but here goes.  Standing beneath the 1st, second and all other floors former fire escape windows in the 90's I thought...  12-15 feet up, like hunting deer from a tree stand, less than a 100 yard shot.  In this case close to equalizing the slight decline in angle of the street thus making it an almost "flat" shot plus your shooting over the heads of the parade crowd.  

Going back a week before the 50th to take my daughter through DP and the TSBD confirmed my thoughts.  There is now a snack shop with ice cream and soda pop you climb steps up to on the first floor of  of the former Dal-Tex building.  Where you can look out the first floor window in question.  With a scope, by a expert.  Made sense to me if professionals were planning triangulation of fire.

I first wondered about JFK's back shot maybe coming from there.  Slumping slightly forward before back and to the left.  I don't remember anything about this wound being from a steep angle.

I've since wondered about Connally's  chest wound being from there.  Reach up with your right arm.  With your left middle finger, from the bottom of your right arm pit  trace around the rib you encounter pulling towards your right nipple.  Not a shot from a much elevated position unless he was well bent over.  Which he wasn't.