The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

13 minutes ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

There weren't demonstrations throughout the world for Kyle Rittenhouse.

So squalid people like George Floyd aren't deserving of basic rights, Ben?

From the very-most pinnacle of moral righteousness, where you are firmly perched if not ingloriously impaled through a nether aperture, why do you ask me, instead and providing sacred answers?

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

3 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

https://www.rawstory.com/russia-sanctions-2656787558/
On Thursday, amid new announcements of sanctions on the Russian economy by the United States and NATO in retaliation for the invasion of Ukraine, Dimitry Rogozin, the chief of the Russian space corporation Roscosmos, made an eyebrow-raising threat: that if the sanctions continue, Russia could stop maintaining the orbit of the International Space Station and allow it to crash into the United States.
"If you block cooperation with us, who will save the ISS from an uncontrolled deorbit and fall into the United States or Europe?" tweeted Rogozin in Russian. "There is also the option of dropping a 500-ton structure on India or China. Do you want to threaten them with such a prospect? The ISS does not fly over Russia, so all the risks are yours. Are you ready for them?"

Steve Thomas

Finally! Those 1950s bomb shelters will come in handy. 

28 minutes ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Matt, that "Woman in Kiev" twitter was really stirring for me! Everyone should check it out!

Wouldn't that be something if people all over the world started to denounce the invasion?

28 minutes ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Kirk,

I watched a little from the British House of Commons last night.

Those guys are pissed.

They've been down this road before with Hitler.

Steve Thomas

Ben:From the very-most pinnacle of moral righteousness, where you are firmly perched if not ingloriously impaled

Well, I see I've stepped on a few toes! It was a simple question. But very floridly and righteously  written indeed!

Ben, I could be wrong, but I always sense you fell in love with the "idea of Donald Trump?" Which is easy to do from far away, and you don't have to live with him.

You continually rave about Trump as anti globalist, and both you and I share  a fear of China economically , but Trump pronouncements and hype mean nothing unless it gets results.

You might sit down. This could mean letting go of a lot of illusions, but ultimately I don't expect it will in any way effect your talking points for the next 6 months. But the truth is: Trump's treaty with China was a miserable failure. Hard bargaining Trump got punk'd by Xi and the CCP.

In the end, Bown calculates, China bought only 57% of all the exported goods and services it had committed to purchase under the deal, “not even enough to reach its import levels from before the trade war.”

https://www.latimes.com/business/story/2022-02-16/column-trump-trade-deal-china

Hmmm, I'm " ingloriously impaled in righteousness?"  But I didn't call anybody "squalid"  It isn't fair!

heh heh

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

6 minutes ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Ben:From the very-most pinnacle of moral righteousness, where you are firmly perched if not ingloriously impaled

Well, I see I've stepped on a few toes! It was a simple question. But very floridly written indeed!

Ben, I could be wrong, but I always sense you fell in love withe "idea of Donald Trump?" Which is easy to do from far away, and you don't have to live with him.

You write continually about Trump as anti globalist. and both you and I share  a fear of China economically , but Trump pronouncements and hype mean nothing unless it gets results. You might sit down. This should mean letting go of a lot of illusions and so I don't expect it will in any way effect your talking points for the next 6 months. But the truth is: Trump's treaty with China was a miserable failure. Hard bargaining Trump got punk'd by Xi and the CCP.

In the end, Bown calculates, China bought only 57% of all the exported goods and services it had committed to purchase under the deal, “not even enough to reach its import levels from before the trade war.”

https://www.latimes.com/business/story/2022-02-16/column-trump-trade-deal-china

You make excellent points Kirk. 

In 2018, Donald Trump stood on a stage in Helsinki and defended Vladimir Putin against his own American intelligence agencies.

In 2022, number 3 Republican ranking member of the U.S. House of Representatives, Elise Stefanik, stood on a stage and said,

"After just one year of a weak, feckless, and unfit President of the United States and Commander-in-Chief, the world is less safe. Rather than peace through strength, we are witnessing Joe Biden’s foreign policy of war through weakness," Stefanik alleged. "For the past year, our adversaries around the world have been assessing and measuring Joe Biden’s leadership on the world stage, and he has abysmally failed on every metric."

Steve Thomas

Stefanik is quite the craven slimeball. She knows that none of what she says needs to be true or make sense, just that it sounds sufficiently insulting.

She's a great example of how the MAGA faction in the House is working to hurt the United States and carry water for a murderous dictator. A real peach.

4 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Well, folks, I'll blurt it out...

Where's Operation ZR/RIFLE when we really need it?

I have little doubt that there are multiple plans afoot to remove Mr. Putin from the demographic of people currently breathing.

Once he threatened using nuclear weapons, he became an immediate threat to every person on the planet.

21 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

Ty- I believe this means the Russians are realizing that more of their soldiers will be returning on stretchers and in bodybags than they originally estimated.

That is the obvious answer. But to put out this type of message leads me to believe more is afoot. Could he be planning to carry on further into other countries? I think the dude has lost his mind and needs to be "neutralized" immediately.