The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

Jordan has always bugged me. I'll stop short of calling him a charlatan but the fact that he's actually gotten quite a following astounds me  as I often don't find a lot of value in what he says.

This is a debate he had with Sam Harris. Bret  Weinstein, who I've considered   another sort of pseudo intellectual  boob, was selected to moderate. I think he pops in needlessly and continually interrupts the momentum of the debate, as he does in this sequence.

Whether you're a  Christian or not. Just for starters, Do you think Jordan Peterson spending 40 hours to prove Christ's Resurrection is time well spent? Hopefully, it's queued.  Start at around 1:50:30.

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

1 hour ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Jordan has always bugged me. I'll stop short of calling him a charlatan but the fact that he's actually gotten quite a following astounds me  as I often don't find a lot of value in what he says.

This is a debate he had with Sam Harris. Bret  Weinstein, who I've considered   another sort of pseudo intellectual  boob, was selected to moderate. I think he pops in needlessly and continually interrupts the momentum of the debate, as he does in this sequence.

Whether you're a  Christian or not. Just for starters, Do you think Jordan Peterson spending 40 hours to prove Christ's Resurrection is time well spent? Hopefully, it's queued.  Start at around 1:50:30.

Sam Harris is an atheist hack, Peterson beat him in that debate because Jordan is based and Sam isn't..  

Edited by Matthew Koch

4 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Senator Paul Wellstone died in a suspicious plane crash on October 25, 2002, shortly after he was directly threatened by Vice President Dick Cheney for opposing a U.S. invasion of Iraq.

Wellstone was on track to be re-elected to the U.S. Senate two weeks later, in November of 2002.

British Foreign Secretary Robin Cook also died under suspicious circumstances as I recall-- after opposing the Iraq War.

Thanks William. I think I read the stat in Lance de Havren Smith’s book. I remember you mentioning Wellstone the other day and afterwards I had a quick look and it could well be another. Palme, the Swedish PM and outspoken critic of the CIA was almost certainly a conspiracy. 
i did also try to find some details about Teddy’s plane crash that broke his back, I think the pilot died. At that time he was Senator (1964). Dag Hammarskjold has to be another. 

I’ll check out the Robin Cook stuff, wasn’t involved in the Hong Kong handover? 

4 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Do You think its an age thing? I tried to get my father to watch JP and he wasn’t the slightest bit interested. Somehow my brother got him to watch JP a year later and he thinks he is awesome. Where I am going with this is; for my father the ship has sailed. His appetite for self-development or improvement is very low, he just wants to enjoy the final chapter of his life and not really focus on anything too serious. So, are you still pushing yourself In terms of self-development or just cruising now? If you are just cruising, I can’t imagine much of Peterson’s content is relatable. 

I have another pal who was massively put off and he has gradually come around. I think perhaps watching the wrong soundbyte can leave a lasting impression. I have watched tons of his content and TBH he is like two different people, the guy who debates and the guy who assumes the therapist role in his own podcast (which has some wonderful episodes BTW). His WW2 analysis of the main protagonists is also fantastic. 

I don’t think you can say he is a pseudo Intellectual. The guy has a PHD from McGill and has taught at Harvard. If you listen to him a bit and the depths he gets to in discussion, it is fascinating. 

I do understand he is human and doing thousands of hours of interviews he is bound to make mistakes at times. Our politicians make several each week and do their best to avoid interviews. I get that he is a conservative, sounds like Kermit the frog and looks a bit villainous. He is driven by compassion and he is helping lots of people turn their lives around. 

PS I haven’t listened to his biblical series of interpretations but, its done massive numbers worldwide. I am more like Sam H in that sense, who is another bright guy. 

1 hour ago, Chris Barnard said:

Thanks William. I think I read the stat in Lance de Havren Smith’s book. I remember you mentioning Wellstone the other day and afterwards I had a quick look and it could well be another. Palme, the Swedish PM and outspoken critic of the CIA was almost certainly a conspiracy. 
i did also try to find some details about Teddy’s plane crash that broke his back, I think the pilot died. At that time he was Senator (1964). Dag Hammarskjold has to be another. 

I’ll check out the Robin Cook stuff, wasn’t involved in the Hong Kong handover? 

Cook was the British Foreign Secretary from 1997-2001, and was an outspoken critic of the Iraq invasion in 2003.  In fact, he resigned as Leader of the House of Commons in March of 2003, in protest against the invasion of Iraq by U.S. and British forces.  He received an unusual standing ovation for his resignation speech.

What really interested me about Cook's case was his involvement in analyzing and publicizing the CIA history of Osama Bin Laden and his mujaheddin militia, (i.e., "Al Qaeda") the official culprits in the 9/11 op.

Officially, Cook died of a heart attack (at age 59) while hiking in the Scottish Highlands in August of 2005, BUT...

In a column for the Guardian four weeks before his death, Cook caused a stir when he described Al-Qaeda as a product of a western intelligence:

Bin Laden was, though, a product of a monumental miscalculation by Western security agencies. Throughout the 80s he was armed by the CIA and funded by the Saudis to wage jihad against the Russian occupation of Afghanistan. Al-Qaeda, literally "the database", was originally the computer file of the thousands of mujahideen who were recruited and trained with help from the CIA to defeat the Russians.[23]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robin_Cook

Edited by W. Niederhut

11 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Cook was the British Foreign Secretary from 1997-2001, and was an outspoken critic of the Iraq invasion in 2003.  In fact, he resigned as Leader of the House of Commons in March of 2003, in protest against the invasion of Iraq by U.S. and British forces.  He received an unusual standing ovation for his resignation speech.

What really interested me in Cook's case was his involvement in analyzing and publicizing the CIA history of Osama Bin Laden and his mujaheddin militia, (i.e., "Al Qaeda") the official culprits in the 9/11 op.

Officially, Cook died of a heart attack (at age 59) while hiking in the Scottish Highlands in August of 2005, BUT...

In a column for the Guardian four weeks before his death, Cook caused a stir when he described Al-Qaeda as a product of a western intelligence:

Bin Laden was, though, a product of a monumental miscalculation by Western security agencies. Throughout the 80s he was armed by the CIA and funded by the Saudis to wage jihad against the Russian occupation of Afghanistan. Al-Qaeda, literally "the database", was originally the computer file of the thousands of mujahideen who were recruited and trained with help from the CIA to defeat the Russians.[23]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robin_Cook

Thanks for the link. I take it you’ve read the Dr David Kelly stuff? His death is such an obvious hit and linked to the WMD intel or lack of. 

5 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Jordan Peterson reminds me of Lyndon LaRouche. Both give the appearance of having the Truth and will not tolerate criticism. It would prove difficult to have a conversation with them.  Good ideas they might have are undermined by their dominating demeanor. 

37 minutes ago, Chris Barnard said:

Thanks for the link. I take it you’ve read the Dr David Kelly stuff? His death is such an obvious hit and linked to the WMD intel or lack of. 

Chris,

Aside from the 2003 Iraq WMD hoax, I think Robin Cook was offed because he knew too much about Osama Bin Laden's (and Al Qaeda's) association with the CIA and 9/11.  He knew that "Al Qaeda" was a CIA construct

FBI translator Sibel Edmonds also discovered documents about Bin Laden's involvement with the CIA, before and after 9/11.

Osama Bin Laden (and "Al Qaeda") was also involved with the CIA, Saudi, and the Izetbegovic governments in the Bosnian civil war in the 1990s, as detailed in John Schindler's book, Unholy Terror.

Edited by W. Niederhut

58 minutes ago, Chris Barnard said:

I don’t think you can say he is a pseudo Intellectual. The guy has a PHD from McGill and has taught at Harvard. If you listen to him a bit and the depths he gets to in discussion, it is fascinating. 

I do understand he is human and doing thousands of hours of interviews he is bound to make mistakes at times. Our politicians make several each week and do their best to avoid interviews. I get that he is a conservative, sounds like Kermit the frog and looks a bit villainous. He is driven by compassion and he is helping lots of people turn their lives around. 

PS I haven’t listened to his biblical series of interpretations but, its done massive numbers worldwide. I am more like Sam H in that sense, who is another bright guy. 

Chris, I highly recommend the Biblical series it's built upon Jung's idea that archetypal stories are ingrained in our psyche. It's even better than his lectures on archetypal stories in cartoons and movies. Jordan Peterson was the head of his department at Toronto University which is basically the Canadian version of NYU. He got famous because he opposed forced gender pronouns and wrote a book telling leftists to go clean their rooms before trying to change the world. Which I'm sure you are aware of but I'm mentioning for others. In his "debate" with Sam Harris (it was a little too friendly to be a debate) Peterson won it; Game, set, match with this moment with Sam Harris.

I think he might actually be telling the truth in one respect here.  Nice to know we can finally rule him out as a suspect, as he was 20 months old at the time.

'I Didn’t Kill JFK' Herschel Walker Says as Lindsey Graham Laughs to Defend Him From Latest Abortion Allegation (Video) (thenewcivilrightsmovement.com)

6 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

I agree with what some of Jordan Peterson says and I appreciate very much his speaking out in recent years against the covid regime.

Gabor Maté’s criticism of Peterson in one respect in the short video linked below make a lot of sense to me and may in fact touch on a fundamental flaw in Peterson’s overall world view. I largely agree with the comment beneath the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOJ0lUSBI14

Well, John. Personality wise,  I also see Peterson as an agent of repressed anger just as Mate. He does remind me of a sort rigid religious mentality I was brought up with as a Catholic, and although I went to public school and Catechism, I later found it much more pronounced  in friendships I later developed in high school, from kids, who had come from Catholic School.

I see some of his stated intentions are good. To answer Chris, in my life I don't see the need for self improvement ever has gone out of style. Though it's true, really boning up on religious, philosophical ideas and to a similar extent, self improvement books and seminars are  largely a thing of my past, though I very much applaud everybody going through similar phases I went through in self discovery and self improvement.

I feel like I could be walking on eggshells as I want to respect areas that go into the realm of religion. And i want to be sensitive as nobody has specifically opined on my question.

Peterson, in a lot of his talks,  seems to be big on reason. As I say. I don't think he's charlatan. He is sincere, and very intelligent, though I find him at times, darkly ponderous, honestly.. But I think anybody who sets himself up to presume after a long, deliberative process, he can prove or even disprove Christ's Resurrection is delusional. Even making such a boast and assuming such powers of thought is to me, rather dangerous to his followers. That's all I have to say about that.

7 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

She's been 100% correct about everything up to this point, so I expect she's 100% correct about this as well.

I dunno---she was the inspiration behind bombing Libya back into anarchy. 

Jul 27, 2559 BE  From Haiti to Syria, the Democratic candidate's long record suggests she's looking forward to being a war president on day one. · Haiti: In 1994, ...

In my view, Clinton is a globalist neo-lib, which is hard to distinguish from a neo-con.

In fact, since neo-libs say they add women's right to the globalist agenda, they may be even more interventionist than the neo-cons, who are all about corporate profits. 

Under either, expect perma-wars.  Both have become aligned with the military-industrial-complex-Deep State and globalist commerce. 

Bombs away on Libya! Syria! Afghanistan! Iraq! Vietnam! Pakistan! Yemen! Iran! 

15 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Senator Paul Wellstone died in a suspicious plane crash on October 25, 2002, shortly after he was directly threatened by Vice President Dick Cheney for opposing a U.S. invasion of Iraq.

Wellstone was on track to be re-elected to the U.S. Senate two weeks later, in November of 2002.

British Foreign Secretary Robin Cook also died under suspicious circumstances as I recall-- after opposing the Iraq War.

Thanks for mentioning Senator Wellstone. 

https://www.currentaffairs.org/2022/06/the-dangers-of-praising-mike-pence-and-liz-cheney

I missed the June Current Affairs article. I'm embarrassed, how much I needed that. Cartoon drawing of Wellstone needs work. Anniversary of his death just past. His death hit me like a ton of bricks. Paul was for me like my pet Senator. Since my own in North Carolina are worse than useless. His death still seems so convenient and improbable. Worse than Hale Boggs. Two pilots, twin-engine King Air crashes, but planes land safely there earlier and later in the day. How were FBI on the scene so quickly? How come there was such a large fire? Shouldn't the fuel tanks have been near empty?

Edited by George Govus
italics