The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

"Rage like I've never seen. Conservatives turn on Trump..."

https://www.rawstory.com/maga-republican-and-future-trump/

"All the chatter on my conservative and GOP channels is rage at Trump like I've never seen," said Michael Brendan Dougherty, a senior writer at National Review "'The one guy he attacked before Election Day was DeSantis — the clear winner, meanwhile, all his guys are s---ing the bed.'"

Steve Thomas

ADVERTISEMENT

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

2 hours ago, Matthew Koch said:

The places where mail in ballot reform happened (anti fortification) there seemed to be less weirdness. I watched Fetterman up 90% at the beginning of the night and Oz slowly caught up. (Kinda looked like the F curve happed at the beginning this time.)

Matthew, that’s an unfair attack on the Republican-run Pennsylvania Legislature, and the decisions it made regarding state voting procedures.

2 hours ago, Matthew Koch said:

The same places that had weird stuff happen in 2020 had weird stuff happen this year as well like AZ.

Another unwarranted attack on a majority Republican Legislature.

Buck up, lad.

4 minutes ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Matthew, that’s an unfair attack on the Republican-run Pennsylvania Legislature, and the decisions it made regarding state voting procedures.

Another unwarranted attack on a majority Republican Legislature.

Buck up, lad.

Buck up? Democrats lost power.. remember? 

This is how smart people outside the country feel

7 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Hmmm,

Of course you're not really saying anything here Ben,  because you're not telling us if you're cautioning us about being fooled or you anticipate being fooled, so it could literally be about anything!

1) is it that there will be riots and unrest in Arizona?
or is it 2) "Don't count Donald Trump out, Bill Barr says Russia Gate's a hoax!"

No one's contending that it's a revolution so how are we going to  be fooled?
Are you for the 1000th time cluing us that the parties are the same so it won't matter? We'll try this:

1)Are the Republicans as apt to try to impeach the President? And how do you think that will turn out?
2)Are the Republicans more apt  to threaten debt limit default now to force cuts in Social Security and Medicare, which could have almost catastrophic consequences worldwide? 
Oh that's right I forgot. How could that possibly effect Ben in Thailand?

3)Some of us were anticipating right wing wacko unrest. Does that seem more likely? It is true that the longer it takes to resolve this, the more likely the natives will be restless.

Maybe we have a legitimate hope that that possibility has been lessened?

Kirk:

I apologize that my comments are not brilliantly insightful, each time. 

1. I know nothing about unrest in Arizona. I thought people went to AZ to retire, so I hope it is restful. 

2. I hope we can count Trump out. He is a divisive polarizing pol, who had a few big good ideas (trade and immigration, less interventionism), but that is about it. He was not part of the establishment, and that was in his favor also. 

3. The GOP is hypocritical on federal deficits. That is obvious. But neither party proposes balancing the budget by reducing the $1.4 trillion spent annually on DoD, VA, black budget and prorated interest on the national debt. 

4. I hope for less violence from everyone, including right-wing whackos. I concede the idea of a US civil war concurrent to a nuclear war posed cinematic possibilities, and would provide fodder for the WaPo, which could run stories that minority lesbians were truly suffering under the circumstances. But I glad the suffering of such wars has been avoided. 

Frankly, IMHO the elections were a yawner, from the pre-game warm-ups, through a mercilessly dull half-time and then a flat final quarter, and aftermath nauseanalayis. 

But have at it. 

It looks like they're calling the Senate squeaker in Wisconsin for RoJo the Clown.

Words fail.  Hard to believe that this shamelessly corrupt idiot could get re-elected to the U.S. Senate.

But anything's possible in an era when even a guy like Herschel Walker could garner half of a state's Senate votes.

Ron_Johnson__RoJo_the_Clown.jpg?1530988749

Edited by W. Niederhut

Furious Trump lays blame of his endorsement of the loser Mehmet Oz ON HIS OWN WIFE!

My goodness, this guy would throw his own wife under the bus like that?

And humiliate her so publicly?

How can this woman stay with such an own wife back stabbing bas### like him?

1 hour ago, W. Niederhut said:

Hard to believe that this shamelessly corrupt idiot could get re-elected to the U.S. Senate.

As someone that lives just south of Wisconsin, let me say that I was not surprised by this result.

Ron Johnson is traitorous trash, without question, but Mandela Barnes was not the correct candidate to run against him, if you're trying to get white, rural dairy farmers to vote for a Democrat.

The results are in! And the winner of the midterm election is...$$$$$.

https://www.opensecrets.org/news/2022/11/total-cost-of-2022-state-and-federal-elections-projected-to-exceed-16-7-billion/

$16.7 billion in election spending, split almost 50/50 between Donks and 'Phants. 

So why do big-money donors flood the zone?

1. They are idealists, altruists and really care about their fellow Americans. 

or....

2. They want politico-economic rewards.

I suspect No. 2. 

15 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

The results are in! And the winner of the midterm election is...$$$$$.

https://www.opensecrets.org/news/2022/11/total-cost-of-2022-state-and-federal-elections-projected-to-exceed-16-7-billion/

$16.7 billion in election spending, split almost 50/50 between Donks and 'Phants. 

So why do big-money donors flood the zone?

1. They are idealists, altruists and really care about their fellow Americans. 

or....

2. They want politico-economic rewards.

I suspect No. 2. 

Thanks Ben, I'll file that next to my Jack Handy section of wisdom.