• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

All of America is still exhausted and still trying to get through the PTSD of the greatest society scaring and stressing event in our last 50 years ( Covid ) with it's accompanying massive social and economic upheaval combined with record inflation, nation diving political turmoil, extreme weather patterns...you name it...

And this Neanderthal looking Trump cult warrior woman's main priority message of congressional duty agenda is ..."revenge!" ???

Average Americans need help in so many areas.  Yet, all this Trump henchwoman Capo can talk about is "pay back" toward the Democrats?

1 hour ago, Joe Bauer said:

All of America is still exhausted and still trying to get through the PTSD of the greatest society scaring and stressing event in our last 50 years ( Covid ) with it's accompanying massive social and economic upheaval combined with record inflation, nation diving political turmoil, extreme weather patterns...you name it...

And, Joe, what is next in the plan? 

1 hour ago, Joe Bauer said:

And this Neanderthal looking Trump cult warrior woman's main priority message of congressional duty agenda is ..."revenge!" ???

Average Americans need help in so many areas.  Yet, all this Trump henchwoman Capo can talk about is "pay back" toward the Democrats?

I will say it again: Our two parties are more interested in pursuing partisan enmity than governance. 

Both parties have and will weaponize the media and state against rivals.

When one party weaponizes the state and media against a rival, that does not make that particular rival a great person or admirable in any way.

It just means one party is smearing a rival by any means necessary or available. 

In large part, this explains the Trump story and Russiagate hoax. 

And what happened to Matt Gaetz and the headlines-story he transported underage girls across state lines for sex? 

Do I admire Gaetz or Trump? No. 

I just pointing out what happened. 

Elon Musk is now "bad" to large parts of US media. Why?

For de-linking Twitter from intel-state propaganda ops? Was not a modern-day Operation Mockingbird op going on at Twitter?  

Yet no US private citizen has helped Ukraine as much.  

How Elon Musk’s satellites have saved Ukraine and changed warfare---The Economist

And the worries about what comes next

Ukrainian soldiers Pavlo and Dorokhin retrieve a Starlink satellite connection hardware from a roof of a damaged university, as Russia’s attack on Ukraine continues, from a recent missile attack in Kramatorsk Ukraine, December 13, 2022. REUTERS/Shannon Stapleton
Jan 5th 2023
It is one of the wonders of the world—or, more accurately, off the world. The Starlink constellation currently consists of 3,335 active satellites; roughly half of all working satellites are Starlinks. In the past six months new satellites have been added at a rate of more than 20 a week, on average. SpaceX, the company which created Starlink, is offering it as a way of providing off-grid high-bandwidth internet access to consumers in 45 countries. A million or so have become subscribers.

And a huge part of the traffic flowing through the system currently comes from Ukraine. Starlink has become an integral part of the country’s military and civil response to Russia’s invasion. Envisaged as a celestial side-hustle that might help pay for the Mars missions dear to the founder of SpaceX, Elon Musk, it is not just allowing Ukraine to fight back; it is shaping how it does so, revealing the military potential of near-ubiquitous communications. “It’s a really new and interesting change,” says John Plumb, America’s assistant secretary of defence for space policy.

https://www.economist.com/briefing/2023/01/05/how-elon-musks-satellites-have-saved-ukraine-and-changed-warfare

---30---

Think about it. In another time, there might be stories in the NYT or WaPo about Musk helping Ukraine, or of conversations between Musk and a thankful Zelensky. 

Or stories about how Putin reviles Musk, and Musk has hired body guards, or something to that effect. 

But no. Musk is bad. 

In this very forum, for reasons I do not fully grasp, posters revile Musk. 

What other American has done as much for Ukraine, or what other citizen has de-linked media from federal intrusions?

This is puzzling. 

Are people being trained or brainwashed into hating Musk? And why? 

Are Russian stooges bashing Musk? 

Edited by Benjamin Cole

Last week, there was a story in the news, that the homes and offices of six Democratic lawmakers in Albuquerque, New Mexico had been shot at.

Tonight, there was an arrest in the case. The police arrested a failed Republican candidate for the New Mexico House of Representatives named Pena. He is a Trump supporter and an election denier. The police charged him with being the shooter in one case, and hiring four hit men to shoot up four of the other locations.

He lost his race in 2022, but claimed the election was rigged and refused to concede. 

The worst part is that this Pena guy was convicted in 19 previous felonies, for which he served 7 years in prison.

This is the guy that the Republican Party put up to run for Congress in New Mexico.

Between Herschel Walker, and George Santos, and this Pena guy, it's increasingly beginning to look like the Republican Party has ceased to exist as a legitimate political party, and is become something else.

Steve Thomas

The MAGA movement is a domestic terrorist movement.

35 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

The police arrested a failed Republican candidate for the New Mexico House of Representatives named Pena. He is a Trump supporter and an election denier. The police charged him with being the shooter in one case, and hiring four hit men to shoot up four of the other locations.

2 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Elon Musk is now "bad" to large parts of US media. Why?

For de-linking Twitter from intel-state propaganda ops? Was not a modern-day Operation Mockingbird op going on at Twitter?  

Yet no US private citizen has helped Ukraine as much.  

How Elon Musk’s satellites have saved Ukraine and changed warfare---The Economist

And the worries about what comes next

Ukrainian soldiers Pavlo and Dorokhin retrieve a Starlink satellite connection hardware from a roof of a damaged university, as Russia’s attack on Ukraine continues, from a recent missile attack in Kramatorsk Ukraine, December 13, 2022. REUTERS/Shannon Stapleton
Jan 5th 2023
It is one of the wonders of the world—or, more accurately, off the world. The Starlink constellation currently consists of 3,335 active satellites; roughly half of all working satellites are Starlinks. In the past six months new satellites have been added at a rate of more than 20 a week, on average. SpaceX, the company which created Starlink, is offering it as a way of providing off-grid high-bandwidth internet access to consumers in 45 countries. A million or so have become subscribers.

And a huge part of the traffic flowing through the system currently comes from Ukraine. Starlink has become an integral part of the country’s military and civil response to Russia’s invasion. Envisaged as a celestial side-hustle that might help pay for the Mars missions dear to the founder of SpaceX, Elon Musk, it is not just allowing Ukraine to fight back; it is shaping how it does so, revealing the military potential of near-ubiquitous communications. “It’s a really new and interesting change,” says John Plumb, America’s assistant secretary of defence for space policy.

https://www.economist.com/briefing/2023/01/05/how-elon-musks-satellites-have-saved-ukraine-and-changed-warfare

---30---

Think about it. In another time, there might be stories in the NYT or WaPo about Musk helping Ukraine, or of conversations between Musk and a thankful Zelensky. 

Or stories about how Putin reviles Musk, and Musk has hired body guards, or something to that effect. 

But no. Musk is bad. 

In this very forum, for reasons I do not fully grasp, posters revile Musk. 

What other American has done as much for Ukraine, or what other citizen has de-linked media from federal intrusions?

This is puzzling. 

Are people being trained or brainwashed into hating Musk? And why? 

Are Russian stooges bashing Musk? 

This is puzzling. So Ben, you've never heard of Musk and Starlink? And you've never heard of Amazon Web Services? Just to clu'ya. Many businesses, many corporations , many governments buy  AWS, as Matt told you.

That's the way things are done in our Capitalist system. If you're going to get upset about it. Do you realize the Government also secures weapons fro Lockheed Martin, Northrup Grummond and Raytheon. Why don't you get upset about that? Just because Glenn Greenwald doesn't?.

2 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

Elon Musk is a giant dildo. That's why he's unpopular.

Perhaps you don't remember him threatening to pull Starlink?

https://wapo.st/3GFYcqi

Matt:

Was that a Russian disinformation campaign? 

Musk, at great expense, has maintained the Starlink system, which The Economist magazine (not me) said is vital to the Ukrainian war effort. 

Why is Musk loathed, and not regarded as a hero for his immense and vital contribution to the Ukrainian war effort? What other private-sector actor has done as much? 

Russian bots and stooges against Musk? 

Something funny going on with the fashioning of Musk's public image. 

You have said many times you are a Ukrainian supporter. You regard Putin as Hitler.

You do not honor Musk for helping to save Ukraine? 

43 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

I think you're perhaps confused here, Ben; Musk and his company are paid quite handsomely by Uncle Sam for Starlink.

Please read the WaPo article link I posted, it's free.

“Like it or not,” adviser Mykhailo Podolyak tweeted, Musk “helped us survive the most critical moments of war.” Podolyak added that Ukraine “will find a solution to keep Starlink working. We expect that the company will provide stable connection till the end of negotiations.”

---30---

It looks like Musk did charity work for a while, then asked to be paid. 

Putin must hate Musk like no one else. Ukraine has survived in large part due to the Musk-built communications network. 

As for Musk's personal foibles, well they are what they are. I think if I was as rich and smart as Musk I might have a few shortcomings too. 

Many independent observers say Musk has de-Mockingbirded Twitter. 

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? 

From clips I have seen on media, and the sex charges, I assumed Matt Gaetz was a very strange character. 

In here, he discusses repealing the Patriot Act, taking on the the intel state, and reasonable questions regarding Ray Epps. He is far most logical and articulate than I had thought. Gaetz blames the GOP/Bush jr. response to 9/11 for creating the domestic national security panopticon. 

Life is full of surprises. If one reviews Gaetz herein objectively, he says many things I would expect true liberals to endorse.

So...why are not the libs calling for the repeal of the Patriot Act? 

No doubt I will receive the usual partisan enmity for this post. So be it. 

Unfortunately, this starts off with 1/6, which will just further raise partisan hackles...

Although I have to say, full disclosure of federal assets on the ground on 1/6, and of the 14,000 hours of Capitol videos, are certainly worthy proposals. 

When did secrecy become good government?