The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

3 minutes ago, Matthew Koch said:

Now I understand why Chris doesn't write stuff out for grandpa.. 

if it’s too long they don’t have the concentration spans. If its too short, they complain. If its an external link its gotta be false, unless its from their own approved confirmation bias networks. We keep getting back to that list of 20. 

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

3 minutes ago, Chris Barnard said:

if it’s too long they don’t have the concentration spans. If its too short, they complain. If its an external link its gotta be false, unless its from their own approved confirmation bias networks. We keep getting back to that list of 20. 

We have a drinking game in America called A**hole and I'm pretty sure that's what @Bob Ness's article two is refering to ; )

2 minutes ago, Chris Barnard said:

Bob, why don’t you try refuting what is being said? Of course you can’t manage that. That would require a modicum of intellect. 

Oh yeah you sure showed me what an intellectual giant you are.

Yet another copy and paste that elevates you to the upper reaches challenging intellectual debate.

It literally reads like a cliche'd compendium of beefs that various scholars have had with the US since long before I was born. Like chatgpt. Maybe that's how I'll do the response. It's not that it's entirely or even partially wrong or lacking context it's that it's so unoriginal and hypocritical it's difficult to take seriously.

Fortunately that's not a criticism of you Chris because you couldn't make it even that far.

1 minute ago, Bob Ness said:

Oh yeah you sure showed me what an intellectual giant you are.

Yet another copy and paste that elevates you to the upper reaches challenging intellectual debate.

It literally reads like a cliche'd compendium of beefs that various scholars have had with the US since long before I was born. Like chatgpt. Maybe that's how I'll do the response. It's not that it's entirely or even partially wrong or lacking context it's that it's so unoriginal and hypocritical it's difficult to take seriously.

Fortunately that's not a criticism of you Chris because you couldn't make it even that far.

Tip: maybe you should just try refuting things. At the moment, you’re not going to win any point by crying about originality or hypocrisy. Come on Bob, you can do better than this. 🙂 

Just now, Chris Barnard said:

Tip: maybe you should just try refuting things. At the moment, you’re not going to win any point by crying about originality or hypocrisy. Come on Bob, you can do better than this. 🙂 

Win what? I wouldn't refute many of those statements. Some lack cotext. All lack balance.

1 minute ago, Bob Ness said:

Win what? I wouldn't refute many of those statements. Some lack cotext. All lack balance.

So, you mostly agree with it. You’re just not happy with the context or balance. Because US foreign policy is taking a well deserved slamming. How very original of you, Bob. Thanks.
🙂

12 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Kirk:

The Donks appear near-hysterical about the dangers of C19, yet curiously incurious about the origins of the virus. 

Do you think the Donks are compromised by China money? Apple, BackRock, Amazon, Wall Street, Silicon Valley are all heavily exposed to China.

I mean, like BlackRock has been buying property in China for more than a decade and Apple would die overnight if China cut off production. 

Where do you suspect the C19 virus came from? 

Are you alarmed that China is backing Russia in Ukraine? 

Are the Donk-correct answers to these questions? Are the Donk-correct answers the best answers? 

I can't speak for all Donks, but for me, the reason I never researched nor obsessed over the possibility that COVID came from a lab is because no pandemic ever started that way, and  virtually all of the people on social media espousing it had it wrapped up with their other racist views and bizarre conspiracy theories. I'm not saying it didn't happen because of a lab leak, just that I don't know and I'll wait for proof.

Doug Caddy.

Watched one of my all-time favorite films again last night while laying in my hospital bed ( more heart problems ) ... All The President's Men.

Which character in the film is you?

Was the film accurate in most ways?

Were you accurately portrayed?

Did the "deep throat" character in the film really exist and give Woodword valuable information as much as the film depicts?

And was "Deep Throat" really Mark Felt?

Did you ever meet William Goldman the scriptwriter?

In the film, it was mentioned by more than one character involved with the full breath of covert activities ( one was Donald Segretti ) that the covert action  Watergate was just the tip of the iceberg regards the over-all number of illegal activities such as buggings, break ins, planted false stories to damage Democratic party candidates, etc.

It was also stated in the film that the whole Republican covert action program involved "everybody."

CIA, FBI, DOJ, etc.

Inferring some employed with those agencies were helping the covert action teams?

True?

Did L. Patrick Grey actually burn boxes of sensitive, incriminating documents in his own yard to help the Nixon administration during the investigation?

22 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

Anyone could have looked at Scott Adams' Twiiter account the past few years and known he was a virulent racist and MAGA POS. While it's nice to see him finally facing consequences for his Klan behavior, someone else sniffed it out almost 20 years ago...

FqAHpsmWYAELkjB?format=jpg&name=medium

I bet you a dollar Matt doesn't live in the south side of Chicago