The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

5 minutes ago, Leslie Sharp said:

Who establishes the rules, Chris?  I have played as judiciously as possible the card I was dealt when Matthew first hurled "scorned woman" when I rebutted his attack on the Postscript of Coup. I challenged him to prove that anything in that essay wouldn't hold up to scrutiny.  He failed to follow through, and continued to attack based on gender rather than fact.  

I assume you advocate for a level playing field, and I'm disappointed that someone with your purported understanding of psychology doesn't recognize Matthew's tactics. 

“All is fair and love and war”, Leslie. You set the tone. I think @Matthew Koch is very reasonable, providing he is treated with a modicum of civility, IMO. That’s the same with a lot of people. 

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

2 minutes ago, Chris Barnard said:

“All is fair and love and war”, Leslie. You set the tone. I think @Matthew Koch is very reasonable, providing he is treated with a modicum of civility, IMO. That’s the same with a lot of people. 

I think Kirk set the tone by accusing us of being Crypto Fascists and Leslie Piggybacked on that because she is clearly an unstable person. I don't know about you Chris, but I think the woman scorned was an accurate assessment and Leslie used that for justification for her bad behavior which included insulting my mother and accusing me of white supremacy and Antisemitism, which is rather ironic given that she literally worked for HL Hunt and confirmed Racist and Antisemite and has a closer connection to that than we do. 

"Well, I didn't give the tapes," McCarthy objected. "I allowed him to come see them, just like an exclusive with anybody else."

So, Tucker went to Washington and watched all 40,000 hours worth.  Then copied what he cherry picked for his show?

'A question of honesty': Fox News host asks Kevin McCarthy about giving Tucker Carlson Jan. 6 tapes - Raw Story - Celebrating 19 Years of Independent Journalism

50 minutes ago, Matthew Koch said:

January 6 Committee viewed the collage that is presented on YouTube by The New Yorker, or similar. The Shaman is shown occupying the Chamber along with other insurrectionists, yelling - or perhaps chanting in a tradition he follows - and subsequently moving the the Speaker's area and standing along with fellow insurrections, knowing full well that they had intimidated elected officials who were in the process of the peaceful transfer of Presidential power to abandon their duty and flee the Chamber. This was the equivalent of the attack on the presidency in 1963, and it was instigated by Donald Trump, Roger Stone, John Eastman, Rudy Guiliani, Sydney Powell, Stephen Miller, et al. and implemented by the Proud Boys, Oath Keepers, Three Percenters, and like-minded miscreants.

Tucker is advancing a Doppelgänger. 

35 minutes ago, Chris Barnard said:

Let's each review the trajectory since I joined this thread.  I believe you will find that the tone was set by Mr. Koch.

A sensitive woman might think you were lecturing her, but I'm confident you're simply offering your subjective observations  which as it happens I reject.

Another adage you are probably familiar with?  "and then they came for me."  Karma is a bitch and your smugness may boomerang.

The grown ups on this thread stood on principle - an opportunity, as a female, I happened to be around to provide — and stood for a level playing field, no gender bias. Where were you when Matthew mocked them with his insipid gifs and memes? Memory serves you actually weighed in a bit in the mockery of Kirk in particular. Correct me if I'm mistaken, please. 

21 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

"Well, I didn't give the tapes," McCarthy objected. "I allowed him to come see them, just like an exclusive with anybody else."

So, Tucker went to Washington and watched all 40,000 hours worth.  Then copied what he cherry picked for his show?

'A question of honesty': Fox News host asks Kevin McCarthy about giving Tucker Carlson Jan. 6 tapes - Raw Story - Celebrating 19 Years of Independent Journalism

Well Ron had you watch what Tucker said you would know that he said alot of the 40K hours was of empty rooms in the capital that were of no value. 

What we did learn from Tucker is that there was no evidence of an organized insurrection inside the capital, the officer that was claimed to have been beaten to death was still alive, that Josh Hawley ran out after other senators from the direction of capital hill security and that that video had been deceptively edited out of context, and most importantly that Ray Epps lied to the committee. 

Advancing the fundamental question raised, "the inevitable end result of [60] years ....

A Far Right Ecosystem Spanning Decades

This analysis began with the question: what might the America First Committee and a figure named Roy Cohn have in common, and how might that commonality relate to contemporary politics? In addition to pointing me in the direction of the history behind Roy Cohn’s protégé Donald Trump’s own version of America First, Albarelli’s thinking before he passed was also influenced by our research into the history of rabid anti-communist Senator Joe McCarthy and the men surrounding him, including [his close friend and protegé Cohn], Robert Morris of the John Birch Society who served as attorney to one of our prime suspects — General Edwin A. Walker. Morris worked alongside Senator McCarthy’s legal counsel, Roy Marcus Cohn. 

As backdrop to our evolving interest in Cohn, Yeadon and Hawkins [authors of N-azi Hydra in America] had also covered a scandal that surfaced in the early 1980s involving political advisor Robert Keith Gray and his role at Hill and Knowlton public relations and advertising. Gray is now acknowledged as having served the national and international intelligence apparatus for years. 

Gray’s association with a Korean CIA agent named Tongsun Park, and the Rev. Sun Myung Moon, owner of the Washington Times newspaper and leader of the Unification Church (recognized by most as “The Moonies”), led reporters to the George Town Club, a honey pot for Washington’s elite. A blackmail operation run by the CIA’s Edwin Wilson and Frank Terpil that was being run out of the club operated by Park—not dissimilar to lobbyist Bobby Baker’s Quorum Club of the 1960s which provided a stage for the German seductress Ellen Rometsch—would shake D. C. once again.

As Yeadon and Hawkins point out, it was Nebraska Senator John DeCamp’s investigation into leading figures in the George Town Club scandal that bled into what became known as the Franklin Credit Union child sex scandal of Omaha, Nebraska. In his exposé, The Franklin Cover-up, DeCamp explained that Ed Wilson’s blackmailing was an extension of Roy Cohn’s operation during the McCarthy era. [emphasis added] DeCamp writes, “Gray’s associate Wilson was apparently continuing the work of a reported collaborator of Gray from the 1950s—McCarthy committee counsel Roy Cohn, now dead of AIDS. According to the former head of the vice squad for one of America’s biggest cities, ‘Cohn’s job was to run the little boys. Say you had an admiral, a general, a congressman, who did not want to go along with the program. Cohn’s job was to set them up, then they would go along. Cohn told me that himself.

Ownership of Rev. Moon’s Washington Times, responsible for breaking some of the more salacious reporting of the George Town Club and Franklin Credit scandals, was later transferred to Operations Holdings, an alleged front company of Rev. Moon’s Unification Church.  In partnership with the Washington Times, in 2013, the far-right media company Herring Networks, Inc. debuted One America News Network (OANN). During the Trump administration, as the hugely popular conservative media outlet Fox News came under pressure from the marketplace to provide a modicum of unbiased reporting, OANN became a clear favorite of Roy Cohn’s protégé, President Donald Trump. As a result, and in anticipation of his re-election in 2020, a group of Trump allies contemplated a buyout of the cable channel, adding significantly to the perceived monetary worth of the collaboration between Operations Holdings and Herring Networks and its potential to promote the alt-right agenda in the years to come.

[It should be noted that the Moonies underwrote The Epoch Times as well.]

. . .  In light of the many national scandals that dominated the nation’s news cycles during the campaign of 2016 — [and considering the newest revelation that it was Epstein who ended his close friendship with Donald Trump] — in the context of political blackmail, one in particular warranted attention. A sensational child sex trafficking case had been exposed in Florida in 2005 with New York financial investor and sybarite, Jeffrey Epstein, at the center. Suspicion that the cameras and film equipment scattered throughout his various enclaves were focused as much on his high powered guests, including political leaders and influencers, as his underage victims, the possibility of tried and true blackmail could not be easily set aside. Had Epstein perfected the playbook developed over the decades by fascist regimes and employed by Americans like Kohlberg, Hoover, Cohn, Gray, and GOP consultant and “dirty trickster” Roger Stone [who once opined that the most valuable card in his Rolodex was that of Roy Cohn]? And if so, on whose behalf?  Researchers and reporters will discover, or disavow, this speculation in the months and years to come.

Edited by Leslie Sharp

51 minutes ago, Matthew Koch said:

Sounds like Tucker watched more than your J6 committee 

Those of us who followed every minute of the Jan 6 Committee hearings watched surveillance footage during the hearings? Perhaps you just missed it? Images of the shaman inside the Chamber, knowing he was party to the disruption of the peaceful transfer of Presidential power, were included.

57 minutes ago, Matthew Koch said:

I think Kirk set the tone by accusing us of being Crypto Fascists and Leslie Piggybacked on that because she is clearly an unstable person. I don't know about you Chris, but I think the woman scorned was an accurate assessment and Leslie used that for justification for her bad behavior which included insulting my mother and accusing me of white supremacy and Antisemitism, which is rather ironic given that she literally worked for HL Hunt and confirmed Racist and Antisemite and has a closer connection to that than we do. 

I haven't accused you, Matthew, of being a Fascist.  I have drawn attention to your persistent links to those who are.

This childish game of avoiding any debate with me personally is just that, childish.

My behavior is in lockstep with the tone you set.  I suppose you'll argue that women should take the higher ground, as has Chris?  When you go low we go high? I would, but the stakes are simply too high on a JFK assassination related thread to indulge your antics.

26 minutes ago, Matthew Koch said:

Well Ron had you watch what Tucker said you would know that he said alot of the 40K hours was of empty rooms in the capital that were of no value. 

What we did learn from Tucker is that there was no evidence of an organized insurrection inside the capital, the officer that was claimed to have been beaten to death was still alive, that Josh Hawley ran out after other senators from the direction of capital hill security and that that video had been deceptively edited out of context, and most importantly that Ray Epps lied to the committee. 

There ya go, Ron.  Three vignettes out of 40,000 hours of footage constitutes evidence that January 6 was not a violent insurrection that included a gallows for our Vice President, catcalls of wherrrrr's Nancy?, occupying and ransack of her offices, violent attacks on police officers, and ultimately an attack on the legitimate transfer of presidential power is all we have from Carlson thus far. Three vignettes, but stand by???

1 hour ago, Matthew Koch said:

Sounds like Tucker watched more than your J6 committee 

Why am I surprised you rely on Leonard's The Federalist to push your agenda?  [for the record, Thompson said they didn't have full access, did he not?]

With extraordinary financial backing Leonard has among other acts, lobbied - and I mean lobbied - our Supreme Court to overturn Roe.  Of Course you would be an adherent!

Democracy [while we have it]

How a Secretive Billionaire Handed His Fortune to the Architect of the Right-Wing Takeover of the Courts

In the largest known political advocacy donation in U.S. history, industrialist Barre Seid funded a new group run by Federalist Society co-chair Leonard Leo, who guided Trump’s Supreme Court picks and helped end federal abortion rights.
https://www.propublica.org/article/dark-money-leonard-leo-barre-seid

Edited by Leslie Sharp

38 minutes ago, Leslie Sharp said:

Let's each review the trajectory since I joined this thread.  I believe you will find that the tone was set by Mr. Koch.

A sensitive woman might think you were lecturing her, but I'm confident you're simply offering your subjective observations  which as it happens I reject.

Another adage you are probably familiar with?  "and then they came for me."  Karma is a bitch and your smugness may boomerang.

The grown ups on this thread stood on principle - an opportunity, as a female, I happened to be around to provide — and stood for a level playing field, no gender bias. Where were you when Matthew mocked them with his insipid gifs and memes? Memory serves you actually weighed in a bit in the mockery of Kirk in particular. Correct me if I'm mistaken, please. 

I can tell you what set the tone for me, you praising the usual Kirk, ad hominem/character assassination attempt. I probably wouldn’t have commented if it wasn’t for that. 

Then all the rest of it unfolded from there. If we are going to have any sort of civil discourse or debate, which the world needs, then we are all going to have to behave much more diplomatically, we’re going to have to put emotions aside and stop thinking tribally. EQ is required. Or, it just becomes this melee. If your defence, you are new to this hostility here, some of it between parties has been going on years and the hatchet really should have been buried. 

It’s abundantly clear to me that most of society isn’t capable of civilised public discourse, because of the way that they have been conditioned, educated, radicalised and a whole bunch of variables which are more esoteric in nature. 

It comes to a point where we must ask, are we wasting the most precious commodity that we have, time? Thankfully I spent most of my weekend being off the forum and being sociable with good friends. 

What do you want from this? 

The Republic was and is safe from Mr Buffalo Horns, even if he was set free (as he should be).

If you think that motley, unorganized scrum at the Capitol was a threat to your liberties...you are sharpening your axe to fell a bonsai tree in a redwood forest.

The M$M will soon be creating more domestic subversives for you to fear.  

24 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

The Republic was and is safe from Mr Buffalo Horns, even if he was set free (as he should be).

If you think that motley, unorganized scrum at the Capitol was a threat to your liberties...you are sharpening your axe to fell a bonsai tree in a redwood forest.

The M$M will soon be creating more domestic subversives for you to fear.  

Geez, Ben.  Wake up.

Mr. Buffalo Horns was always your J6 straw man.

He has long been used by the J6 coup deniers-- including Tucker Carlson-- to trivialize and deny the egregiousness of Trump's plot to obstruct the certification of Biden's election.

In reality, Chansley was merely one of many delusional MAGAts duped by the lies of Donald Trump, Tucker Carlson, and the other talking heads at Fox into believing that the 2020 election was stolen.

I feel sorry for the Chansley.  He got played by Trump and Fox News.

Now he's in prison, while Trump and his coup co-conspirators have faced no consequences for their sedition.

Edited by W. Niederhut