The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

The term "Democrat Party" is not offensive. It's incorrect. If a person uses the term without knowing that the real name is the "Democratic Party" then they are ignorant of American politics at the most basic level. If they use the term while knowing it is incorrect but using it anyway, then they are simple partisans. Either way, they aren't worth the time to engage in serious political discussion because they clearly aren't serious about politics.

I, for one, welcome those who use the term. It's terribly convenient to be able to dismiss their political opinion early in any discussion. Saves time and effort.

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

Ben, you seem very upset.  5 straight posts in a half hour! All of them  to alarm us. First the deer covid epidemic which has been  your running commentary for a week. And then you're warning us about a government warning that only you are upset about but feel a divine mission to inform us of government overreach that somehow you're an authority about from Chiang Mai, Thailand?  Thank you, we don't feel your fears about the government,  we can't do anything anything about the deer, and we don't need your nanny state protection.

But we appreciate the sentiment, or in your case, the sediment

heh heh

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

2 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Ben, you seem very upset.  5 straight posts in a half hour! All of them  to alarm us. First the deer covid epidemic which has been  your running commentary for a week. And then you're warning us about a government warning that only you are upset about but feel a divine mission to inform us of government overreach that somehow you're an authority about from Chiang Mai, Thailand?  Thank you, we don't feel your fears about the government,  we can't do anything anything about the deer, and we don't need your nanny state protection.

heh heh

Kirk-

If I were you, I would pile sandbags around the house to protect against terrorist bombings, and wear gas masks inside and out against C19 infections from animals and humans. 

Remember, this is from Biden Administration DHS, not me: 

Be prepared! 

If you fear exposure to C19 from humans, why not animals? 

Edited by Benjamin Cole
typo

11 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

heh heh

Not only that, but I think I just discovered why Ben brought up Hunter Biden's laptop in the context of this week's big news about Trump's history of illegally removing White House documents to Mar-a-Lago, shredding documents, and using "burn bags..."  🤥

Ben is keeping us fully informed of "news" from the alternate Fox MAGA-verse...

https://www.rawstory.com/thomas-massie-2656608339/
By Bob Brigham
"Rep. Thomas Massie (R-KY) has both undergraduate and post-graduate degrees from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), but the GOP lawmaker was ridiculed for his lack of reasoning after he posted an outrageous attack on Medicare."
" Over 70% of Americans who died with COVID, died on Medicare, and some people want Medicare for All?" he asked on Wednesday."
"NPR reported in December that "people 65 and up make up 75 percent of all COVID-19 deaths in the U.S." Medicare is the government health insurance program for Americans over 65, so of course there is a correlation. But it no way does it imply any causation."

Thomas Massie went to MIT.

Thomas Massie is stupid.

Therefore MIT graduates stupid people.

Steve Thomas

1 hour ago, Steve Thomas said:

Thomas Massie is stupid.

Steve

"Employee class champion" Ben's most favored congressman is Massie.

Massie is stupid

Therefore.......

No I don't want to go there.....

It's either Ben is remarkably ignorant of U.S. politics, or it's Ben trying  to sell his snake oil to his "employee class" to convince them to  drop any hope of future health beyond retirement. And that wouldn't surprise me either.  

W: Progressive Democrats, in contrast to the Koch-controlled GOP and Wall Street Democrats, absolutely represent the interests of working people in America--:e.g., affordable healthcare, living wages, affordable education, etc..

Ben, You keep hedging, mentioning the "employee class", and never mention the "working class". Is that some mechanism to hide from actual pro working class policies?, which I've never really heard from you. Because that would translate to what W. listed: affordable healthcare, living wages, affordable education, etc.Let's throw in stronger unions, since you're championing the "employee class". Do you or do you not see these as desirable policies?

These are relevant grown up discussions. This is what is expected if you want a place at the grownups table. Please don't run off and whine that your "first amendment rights are being infringed on by the left"  because you're being asked to be accountable for what you say.

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

Thomas Massie is stupid.

Steve Thomas

Some people go ice fishing.

Some people who go ice fishing build shanties.

Some people who build shanties engage in prostitution.

Therefore, ice fishing causes prostitution.

At least that's what Hudson, OH Mayor, Craig Shuster says.

Steve Thomas

Now, this is interesting.

Another Government Agency, who is not Congress, has referred Donald Trump to the Justice Department for possible criminal prosecution.

These are not politicians.

National Archives refers Trump's destruction of documents to the Justice Department

by Sarah K. Burris February 09, 2022

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-national-archives-justice-department/

“There has been much debate over penalties for former President Donald Trump for knowingly destroying documents and then taking official documents to take back to Mar-a-Lago. The statute lists, among the punishments, disqualification from office, which has been the key piece anti-Trump activists cling to.

The only way for that to be possible, however, is if the National Archives found the behavior to be so egregious that they referred it to the Justice Department. On Wednesday, the Washington Post reported that's exactly what happened.”

"Archives officials suspected Trump had possibly violated laws concerning the handling of government documents — including those that might be considered classified — ...”

Steve Thomas

- Marjorie Taylor Greene -

“"Not only do we have the D.C. Jail, which is the D.C. Gulag, but now we have Nancy Pelosi's Gazpacho Police, spying on members of Congress, spying on the legislative work that we do, spying on our staff, and spying on American citizens that want to come talk to their representatives. This government has turned into something it was never meant to be, and it's time to make it end."

Down with Bouillabaisse!

End the tyranny of Chicken Noodle Soup!

(I wonder of she knows Thomas Massie)

Steve Thomas

42 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

“"Not only do we have the D.C. Jail, which is the D.C. Gulag, but now we have Nancy Pelosi's Gazpacho Police, spying on members of Congress, spying on the legislative work that we do, spying on our staff, and spying on American citizens that want to come talk to their representatives. This government has turned into something it was never meant to be, and it's time to make it end."

Down with Bouillabaisse!

Steve Thomas

We should have known that nefarious Nancy Pelosi is a cold soup lover... 🤥

Down with Bouillabaisse!

Steve Thomas

"No coup for you!"

14 minutes ago, Denny Zartman said:

"No coup for you!"

I had the soup de jour once in Chicago, and it was no good. Never order soup de jour. 

Ms. Taylor strikes me as a bit of a lulu. 

What is more alarming than Ms. Taylor is the modern-day Donks deciding the censorious police state is a wonderful thing, and that anyone who suspects the globalist security state could be up to no good is a "conspiracy nut." 

Why is it the populist wing of the 'Phants is far more likely to challenge national security state narratives than the modern Donks?

Liz Cheney and George Bush (who helped architect $6 trillion in outlays and few million deaths in the Mideast) are feted by the modern Donks.

It is simply not polite to ask the real reason why Liz Cheney, and affiliated media,  are going after the populist wing of the 'Phants. 

Maybe next a life-size statue of Liz Cheney will be installed in the lobby of DNC. Will she run as a Donk in 2024? 

5 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Steve

"Employee class champion" Ben's most favored congressman is Massie.

Massie is stupid

Therefore.......

No I don't want to go there.....

It's either Ben is remarkably ignorant of U.S. politics, or it's Ben trying  to sell his snake oil to his "employee class" to convince them to  drop any hope of future health beyond retirement. And that wouldn't surprise me either.  

W: Progressive Democrats, in contrast to the Koch-controlled GOP and Wall Street Democrats, absolutely represent the interests of working people in America--:e.g., affordable healthcare, living wages, affordable education, etc..

Ben, You keep hedging, mentioning the "employee class", and never mention the "working class". Is that some mechanism to hide from actual pro working class policies?, which I've never really heard from you. Because that would translate to what W. listed: affordable healthcare, living wages, affordable education, etc.Let's throw in stronger unions, since you're championing the "employee class". Do you or do you not see these as desirable policies?

These are relevant grown up discussions. This is what is expected if you want a place at the grownups table. Please don't run off and whine that your "first amendment rights are being infringed on by the left"  because you're being asked to be accountable for what you say.

I am fine with single-payer national health care, but would like to see it capped at 12% of GDP. Free, but if you choose to take it, all disputes go into binding arbitration. Spartan but effective. 

I would cut military outlays in half, figure out a way to slowly, and fairly, end the VA, and go back to a draft. 

I liked Trump's tariffs and border controls as beneficial to the America employee class. Read Trade Wars are Class Wars by Michael Pettis. There is no such thing as "free trade." There is only who is going subsidize exports the most or cut worker pay the most. 

I would rather American employees have good-paying jobs than no jobs and welfare. 

BTW, while the Biden Administration-DHS-Donks are wearing adult diapers in fear of "terrorists," more than 42,000 Americans died in auto accidents, another 45,000 died from non-terrorist gunshots, and more than 100,000 from drug overdoses in recent 12-month periods. 

Really, and what are the chances you will be killed by a terrorist?

But my Donk friends, be afraid of terrorists, very, very afraid.  There is a lot of "mal-information" out there, and we have to censor the internet. 

Edited by Benjamin Cole
typo

6 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

https://www.rawstory.com/thomas-massie-2656608339/
By Bob Brigham
"Rep. Thomas Massie (R-KY) has both undergraduate and post-graduate degrees from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), but the GOP lawmaker was ridiculed for his lack of reasoning after he posted an outrageous attack on Medicare."
" Over 70% of Americans who died with COVID, died on Medicare, and some people want Medicare for All?" he asked on Wednesday."
"NPR reported in December that "people 65 and up make up 75 percent of all COVID-19 deaths in the U.S." Medicare is the government health insurance program for Americans over 65, so of course there is a correlation. But it no way does it imply any causation."

Thomas Massie is stupid.

Steve Thomas

Like I always say...as soon as you are partisan, you become a useful idiot. 

The blue kool-aid, the red kool-aid....