The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

36 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

I had the soup de jour once in Chicago, and it was no good. Never order soup de jour. 

Ms. Taylor strikes me as a bit of a lulu. 

What is more alarming than Ms. Taylor is the modern-day Donks deciding the censorious police state is a wonderful thing, and that anyone who suspects the globalist security state could be up to no good is a "conspiracy nut."

Never trust a Donk, Ben.

Before we know it, Nancy Pelosi and the Gazpacho Police will probably be forcing us to eat paella... 🤥

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

51 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Never trust a Donk, Ben.

Before we know it, Nancy Pelosi and the Gazpacho Police will probably be forcing us to eat paella... 🤥

I actually like paella. I wish I could eat a ton of it, along with endless amounts of top-quality pasta. 

Unfortunately, the waistline....

Edited by Benjamin Cole
typo

53 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Never trust a Donk, Ben.

Ms. Taylor may be a lulu.

However, the idea that the Capital Police could be used to surveil members of Congress, and might be infiltrated by other intel agencies, is hardly exotic. 

If you were the CIA...would you like some plants in the Capital Police staff? 

7 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

Not quite the same as Air America but it still makes me think humm . . .

America's secret airline the government doesn't want you to know about (msn.com)

Some people do not need to use Janet, or even commercial carriers. 

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has shelled out nearly $500,000 for private flights since October 2020, despite her claims that the US has a “moral obligation” to address climate change. 

The California Democrat’s campaign paid Virginia-based Advanced Aviation Team a total of $423,707.62 for travel services on 10 occasions between October 2020 and December 2021, according to Federal Election Commission filings first reported by Fox News.

In January last year, the Pelosi team also paid California-based Clay Lacy Aviation $65,457.23, bringing the campaign’s private jet expenses to a grand total of $489,164.85.

---30---

You know, because commercial flying, even first class is so...plebeian.

2 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Some people do not need to use Janet, or even commercial carriers. 

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has shelled out nearly $500,000 for private flights since October 2020, despite her claims that the US has a “moral obligation” to address climate change. 

The California Democrat’s campaign paid Virginia-based Advanced Aviation Team a total of $423,707.62 for travel services on 10 occasions between October 2020 and December 2021, according to Federal Election Commission filings first reported by Fox News.

In January last year, the Pelosi team also paid California-based Clay Lacy Aviation $65,457.23, bringing the campaign’s private jet expenses to a grand total of $489,164.85.

---30---

You know, because commercial flying, even first class is so...plebeian.

Hey, Ben, how many Congressional Democrats voted for the December 2017 Trump/GOP Tax Cuts for Billionaires & Healthcare Demolition Act?

Any clue?  Do tell.

Weren't you recently posting something about the working class?

Wealthy Democrats like the Kennedy and Pelosi families may, in fact, have money, but your ad hominem focus on their private wealth completely ducks the issue of their political policy positions.  It's an old Republican straw man.

The fallacy is the implication that, "Because Senator (or Representative) So-and-so is wealthy, he or she doesn't represent the interests of the working class."

How, then, do you explain the political policies of the Kennedy family-- including the establishment of Medicare and Medicaid?

See if you can figure that one out.

Edited by W. Niederhut

2 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Hey, Ben, how many Congressional Democrats voted for the December 2017 Trump/GOP Tax Cuts for Billionaires & Healthcare Demolition Act?

Any clue?  Do tell.

Wealthy Democrats like the Kennedy and Pelosi families may, in fact, have money, but your ad hominem focus on their private wealth completely ducks the issue of their political policy positions.  It's an old Republican straw man.

The fallacy is the implication that, "Because Senator (or Representative) So-and-so is wealthy, he or she doesn't represent the interests of the working class."

How, then, do you explain the political policies of the Kennedy family-- including the establishment of Medicare and Medicaid?

The issue here is not how wealthy Pelosi is. 

These Pelosi outlays were filed with the Federal Elections Commission. 

These is how she spends campaign money. 

Private jet travel is not green. 

In addition, this is exemplary of the tremendous gulf between even "liberal" lawmakers and the public. Who do you know who ever flies on private jets? 

I have lost faith in both parties. Drink the red kool-aid, drink the blue kool-aid, and you become a useful idiot. 

5 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

I am fine with single-payer national health care, but would like to see it capped at 12% of GDP. Free, but if you choose to take it, all disputes go into binding arbitration. Spartan but effective. 

I would cut military outlays in half, figure out a way to slowly, and fairly, end the VA, and go back to a draft. 

I liked Trump's tariffs and border controls as beneficial to the America employee class. Read Trade Wars are Class Wars by Michael Pettis. There is no such thing as "free trade." There is only who is going subsidize exports the most or cut worker pay the most. 

I would rather American employees have good-paying jobs than no jobs and welfare. 

BTW, while the Biden Administration-DHS-Donks are wearing adult diapers in fear of "terrorists," more than 42,000 Americans died in auto accidents, another 45,000 died from non-terrorist gunshots, and more than 100,000 from drug overdoses in recent 12-month periods. 

Really, and what are the chances you will be killed by a terrorist?

But my Donk friends, be afraid of terrorists, very, very afraid.  There is a lot of "mal-information" out there, and we have to censor the internet. 

Ok, You didn't answer the list but I like your first 2 paragraphs. Health care, 12%?? I get your concern, but throughout the nations of the world , the covid deficit spending to GDP pretty much puts us in a brave new world where, as your pal, Dick Cheney said "Deficits don't matter". But it's not what we choose.

Paragraph 3--What's with the "employee class", why not call it "working class?" If you're for the "employee class" and against globalism. Why aren't you for strengthening unions and giving them a seat at the table in all trade agreements?

Massie obviously doesn't share your views about medicare or Social Security, I assume if you're in favor of a single payer system, you favor a retirement program as well. So why do you praise that ineffective nut?. All libertarians don't believe in minimum wage laws. ( But you haven't answered that either), . About Social Security,  Libertarians may say something like "well we can't abolish Social Security because everybody's become so dependent on it". (ignoring it's popular because it works!)) But still does anybody really trust somebody with that attitude to control their retirement funds? Not Me!

What kind of silly argument is that?, nobody's going to get rid of cars. I'll deal with your terrorist fears later.

3 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Any clue?  Do tell.

One of the oddities of the Trump tax cuts was the large increase---doubling---in the personal standard deduction, a meaningful cut for the middle class. 

Trump himself took no credit for this, and never talked about it , and I assume he was oblivious to any cut not geared toward billionaires. 

"Standard Deduction

The law raised the standard deduction to $24,000 for married couples filing jointly in 2018 (from $12,700), $12,000 for single filers (from $6,350), and to $18,000 for heads of household (from $9,350).13

These changes expire after 2025. The additional standard deduction, which the House bill would have repealed, has not been affected. In 2019, the inflation gauge used to index the standard deduction changed in a way that is likely to accelerate bracket creep (see below)."

---30---

This was a real cut for people in the middle-income range.

I didn't think the corporations or upper-income folk needed the cuts they got in 2017. 

But Trump's corporate income tax cuts were not all that different from one proposed by Obama.  

In the end, the purple party always wins....

24 minutes ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Ok, You didn't answer the list but I like your first 2 paragraphs. Health care, 12%?? I get your concern, but throughout the nations of the world , the covid deficit spending to GDP pretty much puts us in a brave new world where, as your pal, Dick Cheney said "Deficits don't matter". But it's not what we choose.

Paragraph 3--What's with the "employee class", why not call it "working class?" If you're for the "employee class" and against globalism. Why aren't you for strengthening unions and giving them a seat at the table in all trade agreements?

Massie obviously doesn't share your views about medicare or Social Security, I assume if you're in favor of a single payer system, you favor a retirement program as well. So why do you praise that ineffective nut?. All libertarians don't believe in minimum wage laws. ( But you haven't answered that either), . About Social Security,  Libertarians may say something like "well we can't abolish Social Security because everybody's become so dependent on it". (ignoring it's popular because it works!)) But still does anybody really trust somebody with that attitude to control their retirement funds? Not Me!

What kind of silly argument is that?, nobody's going to get rid of cars. I'll deal with your terrorist fears later.

Do I stand with the working class?

Yes, I proudly link arms---with the truckers of Canada!

I gather some would prefer to eat quiche with Trudeau.

35 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

One of the oddities of the Trump tax cuts was the large increase---doubling---in the personal standard deduction, a meaningful cut for the middle class. 

Trump himself took no credit for this, and never talked about it , and I assume he was oblivious to any cut not geared toward billionaires. 

"Standard Deduction

The law raised the standard deduction to $24,000 for married couples filing jointly in 2018 (from $12,700), $12,000 for single filers (from $6,350), and to $18,000 for heads of household (from $9,350).13

These changes expire after 2025. The additional standard deduction, which the House bill would have repealed, has not been affected. In 2019, the inflation gauge used to index the standard deduction changed in a way that is likely to accelerate bracket creep (see below)."

---30---

This was a real cut for people in the middle-income range.

I didn't think the corporations or upper-income folk needed the cuts they got in 2017. 

But Trump's corporate income tax cuts were not all that different from one proposed by Obama.  

In the end, the purple party always wins....

Except the personal exemption of $4050 per person was also eliminated = $8100 per couple.

When added to the standard deduction of $12,700 per married couple totaled $20,800.

The new standard deduction of 24k - 20.8k = a difference of a whopping(sarcasm of course) $3,200 income reduction.

https://obliviousinvestor.com/2017-tax-brackets-standard-deduction-personal-exemption-and-other-updates/

1 hour ago, Chris Davidson said:

Except the personal exemption of $4050 per person was also eliminated = $8100 per couple.

When added to the standard deduction of $12,700 per married couple totaled $20,800.

The new standard deduction of 24k - 20.8k = a difference of a whopping(sarcasm of course) $3,200 income reduction.

https://obliviousinvestor.com/2017-tax-brackets-standard-deduction-personal-exemption-and-other-updates/

From the same link:

Personal Exemption Amount and Phaseout

The personal exemption amount for 2017 is $4,050.

However, the total personal exemptions to which you’re entitled will be phased out (i.e., reduced and eventually eliminated) as your adjusted gross income (i.e., the last line of the first page of your Form 1040) moves through a certain range.

• For single taxpayers, personal exemptions begin to be phased out at $261,500 and are fully phased out by $384,000.
  • For married taxpayers filing jointly, personal exemptions begin to be phased out at $313,800 and are fully phased out by $436,300.
  • For taxpayers filing as head of household, personal exemptions begin to be phased out at $287,650 and are fully phased out by $410,150.
  • For married taxpayers filing separately, personal exemptions begin to be phased out at $156,900 and are fully phased out by $218,150.

----seems like the personal exemption is phased out---but for upper-income taxpayers....