• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

Geez, Cancel culture everywhere! The Republicans are cancelling everyone who won't move in lockstep to Trump. 

What's this Whoopee Jewish slur? I don't watch much TV. Isn't she one of "The "Goldbergs".

heh heh heh

But seriously, now the left is going after Rogan for all the times over 12  years he said the "n" word?! I have heard one statement I thought was overtly racist about walking into the "Planet of the Apes", when he walked into a room of black people. He issued an apology. He's been contrite about all this stuff. Some of these 70's early  episodes of SNL, would be run out of town now. Do we end that too, 50 years later?

If they use that and eventually he loses his job, it's going to be a big backfire on the left.

Really what I think is  happening is that the Democrats are playing to their PC "millenials" , who can't  distinguish from earlier history and want to redress every public statement anyone ever made. When is this ever going to stop?

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

23 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

As Adopted by the Resolutions Committee
REPUBLICAN
NATIONAL COMMITTEE
RESOLUTION TO FORMALLY CENSURE LIZ CHENEY AND ADAM
KINZINGER AND TO NO LONGER SUPPORT THEM AS MEMBERS OF
THE REPUBLICANPARTY
02/04/2022

WHEREAS , Representatives Cheney and Kinzinger are participating in a Democrat -led
persecution of ordinary citizens engaged in legitimate political discourse , and they are both
utilizing their past professed political affiliation to mask Democrat abuse of prosecutorial power
for partisan purposes, therefore, be it
RESOLVED , That the Republican National Committee hereby formally censures Representatives
Liz Cheney of Wyoming and Adam Kinzinger of Illinois and shall immediately cease any and all
support of them as members of the Republican Party for their behavior which has been
destructive to the institution of the U.S. House of Representatives , the Republican Party and our
republic, and is inconsistent with the position of the Conference .

And, there you have it.

Steve Thomas

The Republican Party believes that the definition of "political discourse" includes smearing feces on the walls of the U. S. Capitol.

As I have said many times, I am not a fan of either major political party in the US.

From my perspective, both parties are engaging in a race to the bottom. 

More than ever, I contend if you choose to become partisan, you are also choosing to become a useful idiot. 

Unless, of course, you are on one of gravy trains associated with the party spoils system. In which case, perhaps your cunning is to be admired, if not your ethics. 

On 2/5/2022 at 12:44 PM, Matt Allison said:

Quite a day today. My goodness.

I love making predictions, so here's a couple:

1. The GOP will not win back the House or the Senate in November 2022. Hubris and karma are very interrelated.

2. An indictment will be handed down this Monday, Feb. 7th, 2022. Don't know who, but we'll all recognize the name.

Matt A-

There are "prediction markets," I think mostly located in the UK, in which you can wager your convictions. 

You will make a handsome return betting on Democrats to retain control of the House and Senate, if that prediction bears fruit. 

I wouldn't mortgage the house, but if you feel quite certain, then maybe wager your retirement nestegg. 

RNC lashed out because Jan. 6 probe is ‘getting very close’ to fake Trump electors: Former GOP lawmaker

by John Wright

https://www.rawstory.com/donald-trump-2656571428/

"I think part of the reason why the RNC reacted so foolishly against Cheney and Kinzinger, is because the Jan. 6 committee issued 14 subpoenas to some of these fake electors," he said. "And I suspect they're getting very close to some members of the Republican National Committee, and they're a little nervous about that, and they ought to be, frankly. ... The RNC is really anxious. Some of those members I think have to be concerned about those subpoenas, so that's what this is about more than anything else."

Now it makes sense.

Steve Thomas

RESOLUTION REGARDING THE REPUBLICAN PARTY PLATFORM

WHEREAS, All platforms are snapshots of the historical contexts in which they are born, and parties abide by their policy priorities, rather than their political rhetoric;
WHEREAS, The RNC, had the Platform Committee been able to convene in 2020, would have undoubtedly unanimously agreed to reassert the Party’s strong support for President Donald Trump and his Administration;

RESOLVED, That the Republican Party has and will continue to enthusiastically support the President’s America-first agenda;
RESOLVED, That the 2020 Republican National Convention will adjourn without adopting a new platform until the 2024 Republican National Convention

RESOLUTION TO FORMALLY CENSURE LIZ CHENEY AND ADAM KINZINGER AND TO NO LONGER SUPPORT THEM AS MEMBERS OF THE REPUBLICAN PARTY

02/04/2022

WHEREAS, Winning back the majority in Congress, including the United States House of Representatives, in 2022 must be the primary goal of the House Republican Conference (“Conference”) and requires all Republicans working together to accomplish the same;

WHEREAS, Representatives Cheney and Kinzinger are participating in a Democrat-led persecution of ordinary citizens engaged in legitimate political discourse, ,…

RESOLVED, That the Republican National Committee hereby formally censures Representatives Liz Cheney of Wyoming and Adam Kinzinger of Illinois and shall immediately cease any and all support of them as members of the Republican Party...

And, so there you have it.

1. The Republican Party has no Platform other than to support Donald Trump

2. The primary mission of the Republican Party is to regain power at all costs

3. The Republican Party endorses political violence as a legitimate means to attain that power

Steve Thomas

"Snake Oil Salesmen", selling Snake Oil to the snake oil salesman.  Sounds all slimy and nasty, like a swamp that needs to be cleaned out.

Marc Short: Trump Had ‘Snake Oil Salesmen’ Giving Him ‘A Lot Of Bad Advice’ On Pence’s Authority (msn.com)

From the Washington Post today under a headline about Trump removing boxes of records from the White House

President Donald Trump improperly removed multiple boxes from the White House that were retrieved by the National Archives and Records Administration last month from his Mar-a-Lago residence because they contained documents and other items that should have been turned over to the agency, according to three people familiar with the visit.

The recovery of the boxes from Trump’s Florida resort raises new concerns about his adherence to the Presidential Records Act, which requires the preservation of memos, letters, notes, emails, faxes and other written communications related to a president’s official duties.

20 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

From the Washington Post today under a headline about Trump removing boxes of records from the White House

President Donald Trump improperly removed multiple boxes from the White House that were retrieved by the National Archives and Records Administration last month from his Mar-a-Lago residence because they contained documents and other items that should have been turned over to the agency, according to three people familiar with the visit.

The recovery of the boxes from Trump’s Florida resort raises new concerns about his adherence to the Presidential Records Act, which requires the preservation of memos, letters, notes, emails, faxes and other written communications related to a president’s official duties.

The man is supremely self-serving, self-obsessed, amoral, immoral and completely void of "any" ethical conscience throughout his inner core to a total sociopathic degree.

1. Kinzinger: Trump was the 'worst president America has ever ...

Speaking out after being censured by the Republican National Committee, Rep. Kinzinger (R-IL) shares with New Day what he will tell his son about former pres...

Edited by Joe Bauer

https://twitter.com/texasdemocrats/status/1490400867509440513

The Texas Democratic Party is calling on the

@TexasGOP

to demand the immediate resignation of Carla Richburg. As a precinct chair in one of the most populous and diverse communities in the country, there is no place for Richburg's bigotry in our state politics. #txlege

Steve Thomas

Edited by Steve Thomas