The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

Actually, I have seen very little interest in the M$M, including Fox, regarding unvaccinated immigrants or animal-to-human transmission of C19. 

I do not watch M$M, but I adjudge this by a simple Google search. 

Obviously, in some countries minx have been exterminated, and in Hong Kong pet hamsters were exterminated as possible vectors of C19. 

"Denmark culled 17 million minks in November in response to Covid-19 outbreaks at more than 200 mink farms."---NBC

Denmark is hardly a backwater collection of boobs. 

Indeed, the initial Donk-M$M version was that C19 resulted from animal-to-human transmission in Wuhan. If instead you believed in a debunked conspiracy theory that C19 resulted from a lab leak..well, then you were stupid, and Facebook banned such talk (state-corporate censorship?). 

OK, so animal-to-human transmission of C19 seems possible, given sensible people like the Danes slaughtered 17 million minx, and the Hong Kongers exterminated 2000 hamsters. 

Common sense tells me that dogs and cats have much larger lung capacities, and expel more more in the way of airborne virus, than a hamster. And that while legal immigrants must show proof of vaccination, illegal immigrants do not. 

For this observation I get another lecture on Trump's shortcomings? 

Further the CDC (not me) says,  "cats, dogs, bank voles, ferrets, fruit bats, hamsters, mink, pigs, rabbits, racoon dogs, tree shrews, and white-tailed deer can be infected with the virus. Cats, ferrets, fruit bats, hamsters, racoon dogs, and white-tailed deer can also spread the infection to other animals of the same species in laboratory settings.'"

Well, that is a bit silly, the last sentence. White-tailed deer are spreading the virus in the wild. And we know minx spread the virus in farm settings. 

It sure seems a reasonable concern is that large, dense animal populations, especially pigs on huge farms, could serve as reservoir populations for C19, and populations in which mutations could occur.

Why is this considered a partisan statement, if already entire mink populations have been exterminated in Denmark for precisely this reason? 

And could unvaccinated immigrants vector in new strains of C19?

That is a partisan concern? 

From the start, conversation on C19 has been heavily polluted by partisan concerns.

My take?

In the US, as soon as you become partisan, you become a useful idiot. 

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

Ben,

It sounds like you have discovered the old medical subject of zoonoses-- pathogens that can be transferred from other animal species to humans  I had to memorize a lot of that stuff back in my medical school days-- yersinia pestis, brucellosis, tularemia, etc.-- but I've forgotten most of it.

Meanwhile, speaking of partisan idiots, the RNC has just declared that the January 6th attack on Congress was "legitimate political discourse."

Do you agree?

44 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Ben,

It sounds like you have discovered the old medical subject of zoonoses-- pathogens that can be transferred from other animal species to humans  I had to memorize a lot of that stuff back in my medical school days-- yersinia pestis, brucellosis, tularemia, etc.-- but I've forgotten most of it.

Meanwhile, speaking of partisan idiots, the RNC has just declared that the January 6th attack on Congress was "legitimate political discourse."

Do you agree?

When pigs fly.

See the source image

1 hour ago, W. Niederhut said:

Ben,

Do you agree?

I disagree that the forceful occupation of the Capitol was "legitimate political discourse." I support only non-violent political demonstrations.

What I would like to know is why Capitol security was so light that day, and if federal instigators/provocateurs played a role in the occupation. 

The curiously arbitrary and wide-range of prosecutions and/or prison sentences handed down to occupiers also needs explanation. 

An occupier can go scot-free, or spend four years in solitary. Free on own recognizance, or locked up immediately. 

Edited by Benjamin Cole

Quite a day today. My goodness.

I love making predictions, so here's a couple:

1. The GOP will not win back the House or the Senate in November 2022. Hubris and karma are very interrelated.

2. An indictment will be handed down this Monday, Feb. 7th, 2022. Don't know who, but we'll all recognize the name.

57 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

1. The GOP will not win back the House or the Senate in November 2022. Hubris and karma are very interrelated.

2. An indictment will be handed down this Monday, Feb. 7th, 2022. Don't know who, but we'll all recognize the name.

"The Republicans are heavy favorites to gain control of the U.S. House of Representatives and the U.S. Senate in 2022.

The party is -400 at BetOnline to control the Senate and -298 at electionbettingodds.com. Republicans are -550 at electionbettingodds.com to control the House."--Las Vegas Review Journal

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/betting/joe-bidens-betting-odds-highest-ever-for-incumbent-at-this-stage-2523669/

Since impeachment has been weaponized, against Clinton and then Trump, I look expect more political theater in 2023. Another impeachment is pending....

2 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

I've wondered about 1. for a few weeks now.  How a split between followers of the former prez and those who don't in the party might favor the opposition. 

Here is one for the scientifically inclined. 

One thing has always puzzled me has been the ready ability of C-19 virus to cross from one species to the next, hitherto regarded as difficult for viruses. Felines, canines, pigs, deer, minx, primates, and hippos too. 

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/bies.202000091

The scientific paper above purports to take a stab at the answer, and that answer is the virus is likely artificial. Likely, serial passage and gain-of-function stuff, say the scientists. 

I have no credentials to evaluate this work, but it makes sense to me. 

BTW, the study relates---

"but (C19) also appears to have spread from minks into farm workers[41]"

This has a different feel to it from the CDC website, which presents the risk of animal-to-human transmission as "low." But such transmission is already documented as likely having happened. 

The CDC also says animals can spread C19 to each other in "experimental" conditions, but again, deer have spread C19 in wild populations, and minks in farm conditions. 

Why is the CDC ignoring non-experimental transmission of C19, within species and to humans?

From the Wiley paper above:

"Nevertheless, regardless of where any possible serial passage occurred, the fact that SARS-CoV-2 spreads from humans to minks and then back to humans demonstrates a high affinity for both species, despite neither nominally being a natural reservoir."

The authors leave open the possibility C19 evolved from flying bats defecating onto minks in Hubei province.

12 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

I disagree that the forceful occupation of the Capitol was "legitimate political discourse." I support only non-violent political demonstrations.

What I would like to know is why Capitol security was so light that day, and if federal instigators/provocateurs played a role in the occupation. 

The curiously arbitrary and wide-range of prosecutions and/or prison sentences handed down to occupiers also needs explanation. 

An occupier can go scot-free, or spend four years in solitary. Free on own recognizance, or locked up immediately.

You're missing the forest for the trees, Ben.  In fact, you're looking at the shrubs.

The issue with yesterday's shocking RNC declaration is that the leadership of a major U.S. political party is;

1) denying the criminality of the violent January 6th attack on Congress, incited by Trump, and

2) denouncing the people investigating Trump's historic crimes.

Edited by W. Niederhut

24 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

We can have a legitimate political political discourse.

Hang on a minute while I go get my brass knuckles and some bear spray and a lead pipe.

Steve Thomas

Ha!

53 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

You're missing the forest for the trees, Ben.  In fact, you're looking at the shrubs.

The issue with yesterday's shocking RNC declaration is that the leadership of a major U.S. political party is;

1) denying the criminality of the violent January 6th attack on Congress, incited by Trump, and

2) denouncing the people investigating Trump's historic crimes.

HA HA HA!

"Legitimate Political Discourse."

I think the creators of this perverse Orwellian misnomer were laughing themselves when they presented it to the Trump organization for media use in their super desperate campaign of self-preservation, alternate reality pushing  craziness.

Laughing at how millions of Trump cult followers will probably parrot this ridiculous false reality sound bite no matter how crazy stupid it is and how crazy stupid it makes them sound and look when doing so.

What's next?

T-Shirts and bumper stickers with:

"I HEART THE JANUARY 6 PATRIOTS" ?

"RIGHT ON JAN 6 RIOTERS!" ?

Edited by Joe Bauer

10 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

I've wondered about 1. for a few weeks now.  How a split between followers of the former prez and those who don't in the party might favor the opposition. 

Yep. The conventional (lazy) wisdom is that the GOP takes back the House because there's a Dem President and it's a midterm election. Two very big things now working against that:

1. The GOP had planned on gerrymandering to assure them victory in the House. Unfortunately for them, numerous court decisions have struck down their attempts in multiple states, and it now appears the Dems will GAIN an advantage going into the election.

2. In the Senate, The GOP thinks they can win with bizarro Trumpy candidates like Vance in Ohio and Johnson in Wisconsin. The reality is that disgust with Trump remains high, and will only increase as the 1/6 conspiracy is revealed to the public.