The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

1 hour ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Paul,

I'm no expert of course, but I can see problems with the Barrington approach.

The Barrington declaration basically says that people should go on with their lives as usual and eventually everybody would be infected. Only vulnerable people should take protective measures. Eventually there would be herd immunity and the pandemic would end.

Problem #1 is that hospitals could not have taken care of millions of people admitted in a short period of time. Measures taken in the U.S. effectively slowed down the spread of the virus which made it possible for hospitals to keep up.

Problem #2 is that it now appears that herd immunity does not work with covid-19. Even those who are vaccinated are getting infected, and can be infected more than once.

Problem #3 is that the Barrington approach does not lessen the severity of the illness as vaccination does.

Therefore, the Barrington approach would have proven to be disastrous.

That's my opinion based on what I know. I could very well be wrong.

One fact you might investigate - prior infection is more protective than vaccination. I’ve read that many times. Your argument about hospitalization - is it true? If you protect the vulnerable?
They are vaccinating kids, and Pfizer asked the FDA to approve double vaccination for kids age 6 months to 5 years, while admitting that two shots had minimal effect, because they hope their trials with a third vaccine for this age group will fare better. I’m glad the FDA turned them down, but I’m pretty sure it’s only temporary. But kids this age group are in very little danger. Have you looked at the CDC numbers for deaths age 0-17? Miniscule. Teen suicide is far more deadly, and childhood depression is mushrooming, in part because of the social upheaval caused by Covid policy. And they don’t even break down which kids died. You can bet they weren’t healthy. I don’t want anyone to die - that’s not the point of my argument. 

I was boosted two weeks ago, and while the first two vaccines were bearable, I’m having a tough time with the booster. My thumbs, previously with minor arthritis which had not escalated for 10 years, suddenly escalated. Even my doctor thought the booster’s inflammatory effect may be the culprit. Perhaps neither here nor there, but I must say I’m amazed at how much trust Big Pharma gets these days. I think it’s the Trump Effect. 
I’m sure you’ve read reports out of NY and LA, published reputably, that a large percentage of Covid hospitalizations are people admitted for other reasons, incidentally discovered to have Covid. The Nurses officially blame our healthcare system, underfunded and understaffed, for the problems in hospitals.

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

1 hour ago, Paul Brancato said:

One fact you might investigate - prior infection is more protective than vaccination. I’ve read that many times. Your argument about hospitalization - is it true? If you protect the vulnerable?
They are vaccinating kids, and Pfizer asked the FDA to approve double vaccination for kids age 6 months to 5 years, while admitting that two shots had minimal effect, because they hope their trials with a third vaccine for this age group will fare better. I’m glad the FDA turned them down, but I’m pretty sure it’s only temporary. But kids this age group are in very little danger. Have you looked at the CDC numbers for deaths age 0-17? Miniscule. Teen suicide is far more deadly, and childhood depression is mushrooming, in part because of the social upheaval caused by Covid policy. And they don’t even break down which kids died. You can bet they weren’t healthy. I don’t want anyone to die - that’s not the point of my argument. 

I was boosted two weeks ago, and while the first two vaccines were bearable, I’m having a tough time with the booster. My thumbs, previously with minor arthritis which had not escalated for 10 years, suddenly escalated. Even my doctor thought the booster’s inflammatory effect may be the culprit. Perhaps neither here nor there, but I must say I’m amazed at how much trust Big Pharma gets these days. I think it’s the Trump Effect. 
I’m sure you’ve read reports out of NY and LA, published reputably, that a large percentage of Covid hospitalizations are people admitted for other reasons, incidentally discovered to have Covid. The Nurses officially blame our healthcare system, underfunded and understaffed, for the problems in hospitals.

Paul B.--

I largely agree with you.

One doesn't have to a Trumper, or an anti-vaxxer, to wonder about the public health bureaucracy's response to C19. I say it is beginning to look the public health sector's Vietnamistan.

Corporate interests are involved, and the costs exceed the benefits. 

In some posts I have raised concerns about the easy transmission of C19 to animals and back to humans. Some scientists have raised the possibility of deer herds incubating new strains of C19. Of course, common pets, such hamsters, dogs and cats, can harbor C19. 

Where is the CDC on this? Mute. Why? The science? 

No, because to advocate the euthanizing of America's pets and wild deer herds is political suicide. 

Unfortunately, the C19 "debate" is no longer about "the science."

The C19 narratives are the same sad reds v. blues, Donks vs 'Phants nonsense that so define America. 

2 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Talk about false equivalency!

Let's compare:

Trump obstructed justice with abandon, and later watched his violent riot at the Capitol building for three hours before calling it off.

Clinton consensually fondled a young woman and tried to keep it a private affair.

The only impeachment that was weaponized was the one by Republicans against Clinton.

Bingo, Sandy.

There is no meaningful equivalence between Trump's very serious crimes against the United States -- treason, sedition, and serial obstruction of justice--and the GOP-fabricated Lewinsky and Benghazi "scandals.". None.

And the Durham investigation is a complete joke-- a smoke screen to deflect attention from Trump's status as a compromised asset/puppet of Putin.

3 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

I believe, in neither case (Clinton or Trump), would the prosecuting party have brought similar charges against a sitting President of their own party. 

If the Democrats had a president who's done the things Trump has done, I am certain that:

1. The reporting by the liberal media would be highly negative against the president.
  2. A sizable majority of Democratic voters would be angry with the president.
  3. Most Democrats in Congress would vote for impeachment and conviction.

DEMOCRATS ARE NOT LIKE REPUBLICANS.

21 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:

If the Democrats had a president who's done the things Trump has done, I am certain that:

1. The reporting by the liberal media would be highly negative against the president.
  2. A sizable majority of Democratic voters would be angry with the president.
  3. Most Democrats in Congress would vote for impeachment and conviction.

DEMOCRATS ARE NOT LIKE REPUBLICANS.

Amen, at least in the case of the RNC and current Trump-enabling Republicans.

Conversely, Republicans during the Watergate scandal did hold Nixon accountable-- quite a contrast with the current GOP.

4 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:
5 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Problem #1 is that hospitals could not have taken care of millions of people admitted in a short period of time.

Expand  

One fact you might investigate - prior infection is more protective than vaccination.

I haven't seen that, but I hope it is correct. (Or maybe I saw it and thought it might be right-wing misinformation.)

4 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

Your argument about hospitalization - is it true? If you protect the vulnerable?

I do believe it is true. Because (I believe) most people admitted to the hospital for Covid are not one of "the vulnerable." They are just very sick.

I haven't read the statistics, I base what I say only on comments I've heard or read in the news, from which I've drawn conclusions. Hopefully somebody with more knowledge will chime in.

BTW, like you I am also wary of young children being vaccinated. If I had a young child I wouldn't allow it. I mean, what's the point? It won't stop them from being infected, or from passing it to others. It won't improve their symptoms. And there may be damaging effects. So as I said, what's the point?

Edited by Sandy Larsen

On 2/12/2022 at 9:49 PM, Ron Bulman said:

Respite on a Saturday night?  I laughed out loud in the Leno video portion about Newt Gingrich naked from the waist down.

A memory of JFK Jr. offers respite from today's stress-filled politics (msn.com)

Read the article too.  Funny and personal story there.

Worth another bump.

4 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Paul B.--

I largely agree with you.

One doesn't have to a Trumper, or an anti-vaxxer, to wonder about the public health bureaucracy's response to C19. I say it is beginning to look the public health sector's Vietnamistan.

Corporate interests are involved, and the costs exceed the benefits. 

In some posts I have raised concerns about the easy transmission of C19 to animals and back to humans. Some scientists have raised the possibility of deer herds incubating new strains of C19. Of course, common pets, such hamsters, dogs and cats, can harbor C19. 

Where is the CDC on this? Mute. Why? The science? 

No, because to advocate the euthanizing of America's pets and wild deer herds is political suicide. 

Unfortunately, the C19 "debate" is no longer about "the science."

The C19 narratives are the same sad reds v. blues, Donks vs 'Phants nonsense that so define America. 

I’m worried Covid will pass into the food chain. 

On 2/12/2022 at 12:33 AM, David Andrews said:

Sure, why not?  Let's encourage an assassination culture from the top down:

'Targeted Assassinations' Coming if Civil War Breaks Out: Adam Kinzinger

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/targeted-assassinations-coming-if-civil-war-breaks-out-adam-kinzinger/ar-AATKbqK?ocid=

Let a thousand Forums bloom!

Here's a targeted assassination attempt, the kind Kinzinger wants to dredge up from the muck of the American psyche:

Gunman tried to shoot Louisville mayoral candidate in his office: cops

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/gunman-tried-to-shoot-louisville-mayoral-candidate-in-his-office-cops/ar-AATRiMN

Dan White rolls over in grave, requests Twinkie: reporters

19 minutes ago, David Andrews said:

Here's a targeted assassination attempt, the kind Kinzinger wants to dredge up from the muck of the American psyche:

Gunman tried to shoot Louisville mayoral candidate in his office: cops

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/gunman-tried-to-shoot-louisville-mayoral-candidate-in-his-office-cops/ar-AATRiMN

Dan White rolls over in grave, requests Twinkie: reporters

David A-

There seems to be a lot in the M$M intended to make Americans afraid and divided. 

Be afraid of domestic subversives and foreign enemies. 

The Biden-DHS says that, regarding your home, workplace or house of worship:

(Well, OK, the Bidenites have trouble speaking proper English, but let that go. Trump was worse.)

https://www.dhs.gov/ntas/advisory/national-terrorism-advisory-system-bulletin-february-07-2022

BTW, sandbags are excellent and cheap in protecting you, your home or business, and to "mitigate the use of explosives." 

Friends, pile up the sandbags!