Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

Postmen deliver the goods on Ukraine's home front

by Agence France-Presse March18. 2022

https://www.rawstory.com/postmen-deliver-the-goods-on-ukraine-s-home-front/

“There is war raging in Ukraine but the postmasters in the western city of Lviv promise to keep making deliveries.

Parcels may be rattled on roads pockmarked by shell blasts, delayed at sandbag checkpoints, and held static during overnight curfews pierced by wailing air raid sirens.

But Volodymyr Shved and Anatoliy Goretsky -- who manage the Nova Poshta courier company in Lviv -- insist parcels will arrive at their destination.

"The only places we aren't working is where the bombs are falling, at the moment they're falling," said 39-year-old Shved.

"When the alarms go off we stop, but when they are silent we go back to work."”

Hooray for the Post Men and Women!

Life imitates art.

Steve Thomas

https://twitter.com/RepLloydDoggett/status/1504551656226177026?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Lloyd Doggett

Breaking: The House just passed the Suspending Normal Trade Relations with Russia and Belarus Act in a 424-8 vote. It would end normal trade relations with Russia and Belarus, as I first proposed in the bill I introduced day after Russia invaded. It now awaits Senate action.

Here are the eight "no" votes

Lauren Boebert (CO)

Thomas Massie (KY)

Matt Gaetz (FL)

Andy Biggs (AZ)

Marjorie Taylor Greene (GA)

Dan Bishop (NC)

Chip Roy (TX)

Glenn Grothman (WI)

Remember their names.

Steve Thomas

2 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

https://twitter.com/RepLloydDoggett/status/1504551656226177026?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Lloyd Doggett

Breaking: The House just passed the Suspending Normal Trade Relations with Russia and Belarus Act in a 424-8 vote. It would end normal trade relations with Russia and Belarus, as I first proposed in the bill I introduced day after Russia invaded. It now awaits Senate action.

Lauren Boebert (CO)

Thomas Massie (KY)

Matt Gaetz (FL)

Andy Biggs (AZ)

Dan Bishop (NC)

Chip Roy (TX)

Glenn Grothman (WI)

Remember their names.

Steve Thomas

Are they ‘soft on communism’ or worshipping the mighty dollar?

8 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Re:Arnold: Curious, and ill-advised segway into 1/6, but interesting nonetheless.  

Thank you for you response Ben, Our marketing research people added that segment specifically for you, in order to keep you agitated and thus alert and solicit a response. We've coined it our "All Conspiracy Narcissist" version. (ACN)

heh heh     (joke)

It's segue.

3 hours ago, Sean Coleman said:

Are they ‘soft on communism’ or worshipping the mighty dollar?

Sean,

Let's invade a neighboring country and bomb the hell out of their schools and apartment buildings and hospitals.

We're the Freedom Caucus by God!

Steve Thomas

I've been saying this for the past 15 years, ever since Putin's KGB-affiliated Moscow Patriarchate seized the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR) in 2007-- "Putin's Russian Federation is a fascist (nationalist) police state." 

The Russian Federation is all about "Us vs. Them"-- Bog's glorious chosen ones (the Rus) vs. the "unclean" West.  I've witnessed it with my own eyes and ears.

At Putin's big "Master and Magarita" war rally in Moscow today, his RT propagandist, Magarita Simonyan, referred to Ukrainians fighting Russian invaders as "unclean."  

Vladimir Putin’s Dystopian Mega-Rally in Moscow Is a Whole New Level of Crazy (thedailybeast.com)

March 18, 2022

Excerpt

Putin’s propagandist Margarita Simonyan, the head of RT and Sputnik, also spoke at the rally. She proudly reminded the attendees that she was one of the main agitators for Russia’s absorption of Ukraine’s Donbas region, repeating yet again: “Mother Russia, take Donbas home.” Simonyan asserted that in Ukraine, Russian soldiers are fighting “against the unclean,” using the word commonly describing imps and evil spirits in Russian fairy tales. She didn’t mention her own pre-invasion predictions that there would be no significant sanctions should Russia invade Ukraine, or her prior assertions that Ukrainians would welcome their Russian “liberators.” None of Simonyan’s predictions held up, but the crowd cheered after her speech—like they did for every speaker.

Edited by W. Niederhut

11 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

Lloyd Doggett

Lauren Boebert (CO)

Thomas Massie (KY)

Matt Gaetz (FL)

Andy Biggs (AZ)

Dan Bishop (NC)

Chip Roy (TX)

Glenn Grothman (WI)

Remember their names.

Steve Thomas

I understand and applaud dissent. There is some validity in the idea that Russia may feel threatened by arms/troops on their doorstep. That is a worthy discussion. 

But what are these people (above) thinking? This is not a theoretical discussion. Russia is undeniably bombing civilians, and putting armored columns into Ukraine. 

Cutting off all trade with Russia is a good idea.

Migrating to less dependence on China is another good idea. 

At any point, ruthless thugs can go sideways....

California MAGA candidate says she’s running because Jesus spoke to her son in a closet
David Badash, March 18, 2022
https://www.rawstory.com/rachel-hamm/

"California Republican Rachel Hamm is running for Secretary of State in the June primary. Like many candidates, she is speaking about her motivation for running. Like many GOP candidates, she is claiming God was involved in her decision. Unlike any other candidate, Hamm says Jesus spoke to her son in a closet and told her to declare her candidacy."

Closet's a good a place as any, I guess.

Steve Thomas

Putin has already launched 1,000 missiles at Ukrainian cities, and is now firing hypersonic missiles.

The man is a psychopathic mass murderer-- reminiscent of Hitler bombing the UK with V-1 and V-2 rockets.

Nearly 10 million have fled; Russian forces are in Mariupol, hindering rescues

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/03/19/russia-ukraine-war-news-putin-live-updates/

Edited by W. Niederhut

1 hour ago, W. Niederhut said:

Putin has already launched 1,000 missiles at Ukrainian cities, and is now firing hypersonic missiles.

The man is a psychopathic mass murderer-- reminiscent of Hitler bombing the UK with V-1 and V-2 rockets.

Nearly 10 million have fled; Russian forces are in Mariupol, hindering rescues

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/03/19/russia-ukraine-war-news-putin-live-updates/

How do you know the Ukrainians aren't bombing themselves? These very well could be "false flag" operations!