The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

7 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

The thing you have to understand about Russia is that, as a nation, Russia has a massive inferiority complex.

It's well earned.

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

2 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

The globalist-Biden approach to Ukraine appears to be a failure. Certainly, a humanitarian catastrophe.

The situation in Mariupol appears particularly grim, but of course that scenario may play out across Ukraine, in every contested city, in the months ahead. 

The West is encouraging the Ukrainians to fight, but is not providing a No Fly Zone. Not targeting Russian vessels with submarines, and still buying Russian oil. 

My take is the globalist-Biden Administration pretty much consigned Ukraine to Putin, and signaled as much pre-invasion. The globalists lost control of the narrative due to Ukrainian resistance, and Putin's foul image (deserved, and also a residual from Trump-bashing). 

The globalists want stability and commercial relations above all. See how they kow-tow to the CCP. Human rights is low on the agenda. Ukraine is dispensable, and Russia has fossil fuels to sell. 

The globalist plan presently appears to be to give the Ukrainians enough tools to make the Russian occupation miserable for Moscow.  From a cynical perspective, that might work.  The cost in human carnage is too horrible to contemplate.

Biden appears poorly counseled. Seems to have no ideas. Flat-footed. 

Poorly counseled, flat footed.  Yet no nuclear war, yet.

3 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

The globalists want stability and commercial relations above all.

What you're seeing is the exact opposite. The corporate globalist state is executing an extensive severing of global supply lines to and from Russia. This is the greatest act of deglobalization in our lifetime. This has been brought on by political pressure by Biden and the governments of Nato.

Ben:What is wrong is when multinationals control US foreign-military-trade policies, which is where we are now

No, I understand the extent of the world corporate state. And the story of Smedley Butler and where it was at a very simplistic stage 90 years ago. . It's very important to make these distinctions, Ben.  If the Corporate State completely had their way as you imply. There would be no sanctions anywhere, ever. To say it again, this has been brought on by political pressure from Biden and the Nato nations.

Ben:The globalists are now wondering how to limit damage to their images and bottom lines.

Better sit down for this one. As ironic as that may seem only 2 months ago.They are in no danger of damaging their images, unless they're called out in world public opinion for  moving too slow. i guarantee you they will not get any flak from their shareholders either.

Ben: Stop the sale of Russian oil. 

You're aware Biden has cut off oil from Russia, but Germany got rid of their nuclear power plants, which however anyone  feels about nuclear power, were clean and cheap and now has become dependent on Russia oil and LNG, so they can't stop. Biden from the beginning suggested everyone in Nato completely cut off Russian oil, but was told by Germany they won't go along with it. So you can't blame Biden for  that.

I would say, the most effective things they can do as far as sanctions, now is financial, They've cornered 70 % of Putin funds and froze a number of oligarchs funds and luxury items  I don't know if you've heard but now even dirty Deutsche bank is getting out of Russia. Still Putin has 30%, which is plenty. They definitely have to pull more levers. Some of this involves forensic research which has developed greatly in the last few years.

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

15 minutes ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

What you're seeing is the exact opposite. The corporate globalist state is executing an extensive severing of global supply lines to and from Russia. This is the greatest act of deglobalization in our lifetime. This has been brought on by political pressure by Biden and the governments of Nato.

Ben:What is wrong is when multinationals control US foreign-military-trade policies, which is where we are now

No, I understand the extent of the world corporate state. And the story of Smedley Butler and where it was at a very simplistic stage 90 years ago. . It's very important to make these distinctions, Ben.  If the Corporate State completely had their way as you imply. There would be no sanctions anywhere, ever. To say it again, this has been brought on by political pressure from Biden and the Nato nations.

Ben:The globalists are now wondering how to limit damage to their images and bottom lines.

Better sit down for this one. As ironic as that may seem only 2 months ago.They are in no danger of damaging their images, unless they're called out in world public opinion for  moving too slow. i guarantee you they will not get any flak from their shareholders either.

Ben: Stop the sale of Russian oil. 

You're aware Biden has cut off oil from Russia, but Germany got rid of their nuclear power plants, which however anyone  feels about nuclear power, were clean and cheap and now has become dependent on Russia oil and LNG, so they can't stop. Biden from the beginning suggested everyone in Nato completely cut off Russian oil, but was told by Germany they won't go along with it. So you can't blame Biden for  that.

I would say, the most effective things they can do as far as sanctions, now is financial, They've cornered 70 % of Putin funds and froze a number of oligarchs funds and luxury items  I don't know if you've heard but now even dirty Deutsche bank is getting out of Russia. Still Putin has 30%, which is plenty. They definitely have to pull more levers.

Like I say, the globalists lost control of the Ukraine narrative.

So...we are seeing limited support for Ukraine from elements within US and Nato.  Just enough to make occupation miserable for Moscow (well, maybe not in Moscow, they still have heat and caviar, but for Russia's soldiers). 

This war could drag on for years. 

You are not  hearing globalists warning, "If Russia can cause this much damage...should we not de-couple from China too?" 

Edited by Benjamin Cole
typo

29 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Like I say, the globalists lost control of the Ukraine narrative.

So...we are seeing limited support for Ukraine from elements within US and Nato.  Just enough to make occupation miserable for Moscow (well, maybe not in Moscow, they still have heat and caviar, but for Russia's soldiers). 

This war could drag on for years. 

You are not  hearing globalists warning, "If Russia can cause this much damage...should we not de-couple from China too?" 

It could be coming, Ben. China has supposedly agreed to help Russia out with military equipment, which will lead to a backlash against them.

I mean, that's pathetic, on two fronts. 

1. Russia needs help crushing a country with 1/10 its military might, if that?

2. China is so stupid it's willing to help Russia? 

If I was living in Taiwan I would be very very worried... If China is really gonna help Russia, militarily, it's probably to create a diversion while they make moves on Taiwan.

And we thought murderous dictators were oh so last century!

Yeah, everybody's saying everything right now. Why would China risk that and kill their golden goose? ,that is the American consumer? If they keep out of it, and play their cards right. In 20 years the sky's the limit!

Unless the absolute worst is happening and they decide to blow it all, blow off the interdependence with the U.S.and  the current situation where they're gradually eroding the economic power of the rest of the world and go after Taiwan. That just seems so stupid. It seems the Taiwan situation would be sometime in the future after the yuan becomes the world currency, and they'd have supreme confidence that the U.S. is no longer a threat. But I guess you can't be completely sure.

1 hour ago, Pat Speer said:

It could be coming, Ben. China has supposedly agreed to help Russia out with military equipment, which will lead to a backlash against them.

I mean, that's pathetic, on two fronts. 

1. Russia needs help crushing a country with 1/10 its military might, if that?

2. China is so stupid it's willing to help Russia? 

If I was living in Taiwan I would be very very worried... If China is really gonna help Russia, militarily, it's probably to create a diversion while they make moves on Taiwan.

And we thought murderous dictators were oh so last century!

Yeah, Taiwan does not look fat and happy. Sadly, they may have to allocate 5% of GDP to defense in perpetuity.  Universal conscription. Israel does it. 

Making predictions is hard, especially about the future. The trajectory of Beijing-CCP since Tiananmen Square is ugly. 

Kyle Bass: "If US foreign policy is left up to the private sector, we will all be speaking Chinese tomorrow."

I never advocate war. I do advocate decoupling from China. 

Russian member of parliament demands Putin take Alaska while state TV host suggests nuclear strikes: report

By Sarah K. Burris March 15, 2022

https://www.rawstory.com/russia-alaska-uclear-strike/

"We should be thinking about reparations from the damage that was caused by the sanctions and the war itself, because that too costs money and we should get it back. The return of all Russian properties, those of the Russian empire, the Soviet Union and current Russia, which has been seized in the United States, and so on."

Are you including Alaska and Fort Ross?” the host asked.

That was my next point. As well as the Antarctic," Matveychev, continued. "We discovered it, so it belongs to us... Also, the return of all medals that have been unlawfully taken from our sportsmen during all Olympic games,

"Does your list include a tactical nuclear strike, or are we going straight for the strategic one?" the host asked.

What for? We can take them down without it," replied Matveychev.

I still think that those who took our money should be told, you have 24 hours to unfreeze our funds, or else we’ll send you what you know we’ve got," the host claimed, according to the translation. "Your choice. Tactical or strategic, take a pick. You took our money, you’re the thieves, our talk is short with you: a bullet to the head.”

Steve Thomas

15 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

The globalist-Biden approach to Ukraine appears to be a failure. Certainly, a humanitarian catastrophe.

So you now agree with me. Your "Globalist Biden" is BS. and the retreat or "deglobalization" is actually due to Biden and Nato political pressure on the corporate state?  So you' were putting together elements at odds with each other and calling them the same. It's important to understand the changing relationships, but I'll take your point that the status quo isn't working for the welfare of the Ukrainian people. Rather than just dismiss things into convenient hyphenated labels, it's important to judge all prevailing forces,  Including political forces. Though it seems, the dystopian prognosticators can't ever fathom the idea that it's much harder to implement a policy that doesn't have public support than one that does.

A case in point: I saw the Canadian Parliament in session this morning in a live feed with Zelensky.  There was multi minute applause in Parliament. Trudeau gets on there and expresses his solidarity with the Ukrainian people and extols their bravery and says in essence we're behind you 100%!

I knew they were walking into a trap and Zelensky wasn't going to be kiss a-s boy scout. He talked about the everyday shelling, having a Russian flag being hoisted over their cities, how their cities don't have food or water, and all the atrocities and says to the Canadians. "How would you react to such a reality?" He's obviously saying talk is cheap. And at the end he's still given thunderous applause.

It's going to be the same when he goes before the U.S. Congress tomorrow. How that filters down effects policy and I suspect there will be a call for lots more of everything short of Nato trying to establish a NFZ over Ukraine.

3 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

Russian member of parliament demands Putin take Alaska while state TV host suggests nuclear strikes: report

"We should be thinking about reparations from the damage that was caused by the sanctions and the war itself, because that too costs money and we should get it back. The return of all Russian properties, those of the Russian empire, the Soviet Union and current Russia, which has been seized in the United States, and so on."

That was my next point. As well as the Antarctic," Matveychev, continued. "We discovered it, so it belongs to us... Also, the return of all medals that have been unlawfully taken from our sportsmen during all Olympic games,

"Does your list include a tactical nuclear strike, or are we going straight for the strategic one?" the host asked.

I still think that those who took our money should be told, you have 24 hours to unfreeze our funds, or else we’ll send you what you know we’ve got," the host claimed, according to the translation. "Your choice. Tactical or strategic, take a pick. You took our money, you’re the thieves, our talk is short with you: a bullet to the head.”

Steve Thomas

Fort Ross, eh?   Then, perhaps, they'll go on to seize Bodega Bay, Guerneville, the Korbel winery, and the entire Russian River Valley in Sonoma County?  🤥

What's bizarre about this rant is that the Russian taiga is a vast, undeveloped wilderness area that is roughly the size of the entire lower 48 states of the U.S.

So, if there's one thing the Russian Federation really doesn't need, it's more real estate.

And, yet, Putin loves to seize other people's property-- in Chechnya, Ossetia, Crimea, Donetsk, etc.

He even seized our ROCOR church building here in Denver in 2007.

3 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

Steve Thomas

Pretty scary Steve! But I suppose there are some members of Parliament that are the equivalent to Louie Gohmert who are liable to say anything.

My God Fort Ross! I didn't know that was still a bone of contention! The Russians are Coming! the Russians are Coming!! Fort Ross is on the Mendocino Coast in Northern California. It's an historic tourist site. But rather small, and doesn't get too many visitors.

Leaked Kremlin Memo to Russian Media: It Is “Essential” to Feature Tucker Carlson

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2022/03/exclusive-kremlin-putin-russia-ukraine-war-memo-tucker-carlson-fox/

"White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki mocked the Russian government on Tuesday by noting that the country may have accidentally sanctioned President Joe Biden's father.

"I would first note that President Biden is a junior so they may have sanctioned his dad, may he rest in peace," Psaki said in response to a question."

Steve Thomas

7 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

So you now agree with me. Your "Globalist Biden" is BS. and the retreat or "deglobalization" is actually due to Biden and Nato political pressure on the corporate state?  So you' were putting together elements at odds with each other and calling them the same. It's important to understand the changing relationships, but I'll take your point that the status quo isn't working for the welfare of the Ukrainian people. Rather than just dismiss things into convenient hyphenated labels, it's important to judge all prevailing forces,  Including political forces. Though it seems, the dystopian prognosticators can't ever fathom the idea that it's much harder to implement a policy that doesn't have public support than one that does.

A case in point: I saw the Canadian Parliament in session this morning in a live feed with Zelensky.  There was multi minute applause in Parliament. Trudeau gets on there and expresses his solidarity with the Ukrainian people and extols their bravery and says in essence we're behind you 100%!

I knew they were walking into a trap and Zelensky wasn't going to be kiss a-s boy scout. He talked about the everyday shelling, having a Russian flag being hoisted over their cities, how their cities don't have food or water, and all the atrocities and says to the Canadians. "How would you react to such a reality?" He's obviously saying talk is cheap. And at the end he's still given thunderous applause.

It's going to be the same when he goes before the U.S. Congress tomorrow. How that filters down effects policy and I suspect there will be a call for lots more of everything short of Nato trying to establish a NFZ over Ukraine.

Kirk--

Perhaps you mis-understand what a "globalist" is. 

Globalism is about stable, accessible global commercial markets. It is not about human rights and democracy. 

We see that every day in the close, fulsome relations between the Apples, the BlackRocks, the GMs, Teslas, Goldman Sachs and...Beijing/CCP.  Beijing has snuffed out freedom of speech in Hong Kong with barely a whimper in Globalism-Land. 

The globalists were fine with Putin (see all those McDonalds?), happy to do business in Russia, and even OK with partitioning Ukraine to Putin. See Biden essentially promising to do nothing prior to the Putin invasion of Ukraine. 

The globalists and Biden lost control of the narrative when the Ukrainians showed unexpected resolve, and Putin's image could not be rehabilitated. After all, Putin was a Trump-pal, the worst sin of all. 

Now, the globalists just want the war to end and terms are unimportant.

There are schisms between the national security state and globalists from time to time, although usually they are on the same page, The national security state guys, in this case, want arms for Ukrainians, and the PR-war has been won on behalf of Ukrainians. So small arms are being shipped to Ukrainians. 

But No Fly Zone. That is an executive decision, made by Biden, a globalist lackey.

So...looks like a humanitarian catastrophe in Ukraine. Prolonged war and death. 

Certainly, Putin is the villain. Is Biden an accomplice? Accessory after the fact?