The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

Trump’s 8-hour gap: Minute-by-minute during Jan. 6 riot

By COLLEEN LONG March 31, 2022

https://apnews.com/article/capitol-siege-elections-donald-trump-presidential-elections-election-2020-3315609c4152b4429930a17191b5a217

“At 6:27, he went back to the residence, and started calling his lawyers.”

Uh huh.

Steve Thomas

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

7 hours ago, Paul Bacon said:

Of course not Ben.  What has happened, as you know, no one predicted. 

This is a "one day at a time" predicament for everyone.  We have no idea what's going on behind the scenes, but I don't believe Biden has dictated a policy from which we will never veer.  This is in flux and a delicate balance.  I'm not the only one who thinks Biden has played a bad hand very well.

I too have felt the anger and dispear at the carnage that has happened.  Now imagine the carnage if this becomes NATO v. Russia.  Those maps we see would become tens of millions. 

The Russian people already think Ukraine, backed by the US, has attacked Russia.  How would they act when they felt attacked by the whole of NATO?

Again, this is a delicate balancing act.

Well, your sentiments are genuine. Is the US leadership class as earnest as you? 

A creepy aspect of globalism: The multinationals (aka transnationals) just want stability and to make pals with existing regimes.

"Medvedev (former Russian president) says TNCs (transnationals) approaching the (Russian) government to signal they have to pay lip service to sanctions fever but are unwilling to leave. From what I know, sounds plausible. One of Big 4 firms is rebranding in Russia and tells clients contracts will be kept under the new entity"

---30---

Evidently, McDonalds closed some outlets around Moscow, but not elsewhere. 

Of course, this happens with Beijing/CCP and Disney, Apple, GM, Tesla, WalMart, Goldman Sachs, BlackRock x100

But the same multinationals have the largest stakes, the biggest wallets and loudest mouthpieces (and can muffle critics) when it comes to China policy. (The whole Wuhan lab leak story is deeply puzzling).

The globalists have said globalism would bring a new liberal order.

Or does globalism work to cement repressive regimes into place, as multinationals value stability before human rights?

Why did Western powers offer Zelensky out of Ukraine? 

Poland is right there on the frontlines should any wider fighting break out. They say help the Ukrainians. My take is the Poles are thinking like a people, but the White House is guided by the multinationals. 

"Federal Reserve leaders are hearing about the economic pain that inflation is causing for Americans -- including those who are members of private golf courses.

Philadelphia Fed President Patrick Harker, in a speech Tuesday on the economy and housing, said inflation is widespread and showing up in a wide array of items that are part of the consumer price index “basket” representing Americans’ expenses, and some that aren’t.

“One of our contacts, for instance, mentioned whopping membership fee increases at his golf club, suggesting this summer may be a good time to play at your local muni instead,” said Harker, a former University of Delaware president and dean of the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania."

---30---

Patrick T. Harker took office as the eleventh president and chief executive officer of the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia on July 1, 2015.

‘They were all shot’: Russia accused of war crimes as Bucha reveals horror of invasion

Ukrainian forces liberating the town near Kyiv find streets littered with corpses of civilians and burned-out Russian tanks

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/apr/03/they-were-all-shot-russia-accused-of-war-crimes-as-bucha-reveals-horror-of-invasion

6 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

‘They were all shot’: Russia accused of war crimes as Bucha reveals horror of invasion

Ukrainian forces liberating the town near Kyiv find streets littered with corpses of civilians and burned-out Russian tanks

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/apr/03/they-were-all-shot-russia-accused-of-war-crimes-as-bucha-reveals-horror-of-invasion

The Nato-Biden policy is dubious, and that is being kind. Poland understands the situation better than the White House. Let Poland lead. 

10 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Another article on Bucha W.  The video is moving, in a bad way.  Though the truth must be exposed.

At a mass grave in Bucha, Ukraine, the horrors of Putin's invasion are increasingly coming to light (msn.com)

58 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

Another article on Bucha W.  The video is moving, in a bad way.  Though the truth must be exposed.

At a mass grave in Bucha, Ukraine, the horrors of Putin's invasion are increasingly coming to light (msn.com)

At what point does Nato interdict? 10000 lives? 100,000 lives? If the Russians kill one million, then what? 

25 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

Ben- this isn't a NATO issue. It's a UN issue.

Matt-

Really? As people die, Western globalists are going to stand on ceremony and procedures? 

Evidently. This is not a blue-red issue. A GOP President (Trump, the oddball, being a possible exception) would likely do the same as Biden. 

The globalist strategy: First advise Putin that Nato will not put boots on the ground. Then advise Putin Nato will not challenge a no fly zone. Then offer Zelensky a ride out of town. 

Above all else, globalists savor access to markets and stability. 

Poland is not reacting as a home of multi-nationalist sycophants. They are reacting as a people. As a nation. As humans. 

23 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Matt-

Really? As people die, Western globalists are going to stand on ceremony and procedures? 

Evidently. This is not a blue-red issue. A GOP President (Trump, the oddball, being a possible exception) would likely do the same as Biden. 

The globalist strategy: First advise Putin that Nato will not put boots on the ground. Then advise Putin Nato will not challenge a no fly zone. Then offer Zelensky a ride out of town. 

Above all else, globalists savor access to markets and stability. 

Poland is not reacting as a home of multi-nationalist sycophants. They are reacting as a people. As a nation. As humans. 

I know Putin wouldn't dare really use them , would he?  Them or the chem/bio weapons.  But every day I wake up not nuked is a good one.

1 hour ago, Ron Bulman said:

I know Putin wouldn't dare really use them , would he?  Them or the chem/bio weapons.  But every day I wake up not nuked is a good one.

The Poles are right there on the front lines. I assume they are veteran Putin-watchers.

Let Poland lead. They are showing compassion, leadership.