The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

27 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Ben,

The FBI investigation of Russian hacking of our 2016 election to help put Trump in the White House was neither pointless nor Quixotic.  In fact, there were multiple indictments and convictions, despite the stonewalling of the investigation by Trump associates (Flynn, Manafort, Stone) who were offered illegal pardons during the investigation, in a clear case of obstruction of justice and witness tampering.   

Unfortunately, that investigation was aborted and misrepresented to the public by Trump's AG Bill Barr.

I hope that you have taken the time to study the scholarly reference I posted for you on the subject.  Here it is again.

Key Findings of the Mueller Report | ACS (acslaw.org)

So, no, I really can't think of an example of FBI chicanery/dirty tricks benefiting Democrats in the post-LBJ era.

Contrary to the Fox Trumpaganda, the FBI investigation of Trump's ties to Putin doesn't qualify as chicanery-- unlike, the examples Mr. Caddy posted about James Comey's 2016 Weiner laptop "October Surprise," and the sham FBI "investigation" of Brett Kavanaugh.

As for Kool Aid drinkers, do you know the difference between Donald Trump and Jim Jones?

Trump charges for the Kool Aid.  🤥

And the reason why Donk President Obama re-appointed Robert Mueller as FBI Chief , the Bush jr.-appointed FBI Chief who in 2001-2 and succeeding years blocked a true investigation into 9/11 was....? 

Why did Obama re-appoint Mueller in 2011?

The red-blue narrative was already outdated, even in 2011. 

But, keep working on it. A novel theory, that you can pursue, of the JFKA is that "the Republicans did it." In today's M$M, maybe you can get traction with that. 

Bush Sr. and Nixon were there in Dallas on 11/22 (or close). And where was Barry Goldwater?  Can you prove Everett Dirksen was not involved? 

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

19 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

And the reason why Donk President Obama re-appointed Robert Mueller as FBI Chief , the Bush jr.-appointed FBI Chief who in 2001-2 and succeeding years blocked a true investigation into 9/11 was....? 

Why did Obama re-appoint Mueller in 2011?

The red-blue narrative was already outdated, even in 2011. 

But, keep working on it. A novel theory, that you can pursue, of the JFKA is that "the Republicans did it." In today's M$M, maybe you can get traction with that. 

Bush Sr. and Nixon were there in Dallas on 11/22 (or close). And where was Barry Goldwater?  Can you prove Everett Dirksen was not involved? 

You missed the point, Ben.  My question was about your dubious claim (above) that FBI chicanery has been bipartisan.

(BTW, I never believed, nor claimed, that the JFK assassination was the exclusive work of Republicans-- especially after reading Phillip Nelson's LBJ books several years ago.  Not sure where you got that notion.)

I specifically asked for examples of FBI chicanery benefiting Democrats in the post-LBJ era.

Can you give us any historical examples to justify your claims of equivalence?

The Russia-gate investigation was, certainly, not a case of FBI chicanery, contrary to the persistent Trumpaganda on the subject during the past five years.   Trump was never an innocent victim of the "Deep State."  In fact, James Comey and the FBI helped Trump get elected in 2016!

As for Mueller, Obama keeping Mueller at the FBI after 2008, in and of itself, was consistent with many historical precedents.  Think of the many years of J. Edgar Hoover's tenure at the FBI.   Obama keeping Mueller at the FBI, if anything, was an example of Obama not politicizing a law enforcement office-- as Trump did so blatantly in an attempt to halt the FBI investigation of Michael Flynn's illegal December 2016 contacts with Kremlin officials.

As a general rule, law enforcement and military officials in the U.S. have historically been more closely aligned with Republican conservatives.  I think that's one reason Obama retained Robert Gates as Sec Def in 2009.  He didn't want to alienate conservatives in the U.S. military.

Meanwhile, if you can think of any actual examples of FBI dirty tricks benefiting Democrats, let me know.

5 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

You missed the point, Ben.  My question was about your dubious claim (above) that FBI chicanery has been bipartisan.

(BTW, I never believed, nor claimed, that the JFK assassination was the exclusive work of Republicans-- especially after reading Phillip Nelson's LBJ books several years ago.  Not sure where you got that notion.)

I specifically asked for examples of FBI chicanery benefiting Democrats in the post-LBJ era.

Can you give us any historical examples to justify your claims of equivalence?

The Russia-gate investigation was, certainly, not a case of FBI chicanery, contrary to the persistent Trumpaganda on the subject during the past five years.   Trump was never an innocent victim of the "Deep State."  In fact, James Comey and the FBI helped Trump get elected in 2016!

As for Mueller, Obama keeping Mueller at the FBI after 2008, in and of itself, was consistent with many historical precedents.  Think of the many years of J. Edgar Hoover's tenure at the FBI.   Obama keeping Mueller at the FBI, if anything, was an example of Obama not politicizing a law enforcement office-- as Trump did so blatantly in an attempt to halt the FBI investigation of Michael Flynn's illegal December 2016 contacts with Kremlin officials.

As a general rule, law enforcement and military officials in the U.S. have historically been more closely aligned with Republican conservatives.  I think that's one reason Obama retained Robert Gates as Sec Def in 2009.  He didn't want to alienate conservatives in the U.S. military.

Meanwhile, if you can think of any actual examples of FBI dirty tricks benefiting Democrats, let me know.

Well...50 Deep State apparatchiks declaring that the Hunter Biden laptop was a Russian disinformation ploy....was what? More than the FBI, the entire intel state was willing to obviously lie on behalf of Donk Biden and against 'Phant Trump. 

True, the right-wingers and the intel guys used to be thick, although there were always hawks in the Donks, from LBJ to Scoop Jackson to Sam Nunn to today, when every major Donk is pro-military except Bernie Sanders. 

IMHO, the Donks have changed, and formed an alliance with the Deep State/establishment and the old Republican guard (seen in the Donk lionization of Liz Cheney). 

The Donks long ago stopped being a labor party, and instead aligned with Wall Street, Silicon Valley, entertainment, multinationals. The big money, but they fly rainbow flags so that's OK. 

Again, Sanders is the last hold out. 

There are plenty of old-time Donks who will tell you the party stole the nomination from Sanders not once, but twice. 

Sorry, I don't buy into party narratives anymore. 

Revisiting the preacher who used Christianity to revive the Ku Klux Klan

By DeNeen L. Brown | April 10, 2018

The Salt Lake City Tribune

https://www.sltrib.com/news/nation-world/2018/04/10/revisiting-the-preacher-who-used-christianity-to-revive-the-ku-klux-klan/

“It was approaching midnight on Oct. 16, 1915, when Methodist preacher William Joseph Simmons and at least 15 other men climbed Stone Mountain in Georgia. They built an altar, set fire to a cross, took an oath of allegiance to the “Invisible Empire” and announced the revival of the Ku Klux Klan.

Beneath a makeshift altar glowing in the flickering flames of the burning cross, they laid a U.S. flag, a sword and a Holy Bible.

Restricting membership to white Christians, the Klan wore white robes to symbolize “purity,” burned crosses to signify “the Light of Christ” and picked selective scriptures from the Bible to preach white supremacy. The Invisible Empire’s comeback was aided by Hollywood’s first blockbuster, D.W. Griffith’s “The Birth of a Nation,” which glamorized the Klan.

Simmons believed Christianity supported white supremacy, Kelly J. Baker, author of the book, “The Gospel According to the Klan,” said in an interview. “He and other Klan leaders would look to Christianity to find support for racism. Even liberal Protestant churches supported white supremacy. That seemed the natural order of things. Just as people used biblical texts to support slavery.”

“Hate in God’s Name,” a 2017 report by the Southern Poverty Law Center, says that white supremacist groups often invoke scripture from the Old and New Testament.

“This is particularly applicable to Ku Klux Klan (KKK) members,” the report says, “Christian Identity adherents and some neo-Nazis. White supremacists believe mainstream religions, including Christian denominations and their institutions, have fallen astray from God and are under the control and influence of Satan. As a result, white supremacists interpret scriptures and spiritual parables through the lens of racial discrimination and hate. In this way, they can justify their beliefs (which are vile and deplorable) as good, moral and responsible.””

Welcome to Christian nationalism.

Steve Thomas

Edited by Steve Thomas