The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

3 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

So...who is running the country?

Joe Biden.  The Department of Justice is supposed to be independent unlike in the previous mis-administration.  Ben, I'm sure you are aware that while they act as part of an administration and follow a broad direction espoused by the Executive branch, they would not, especially in this case involving the previous President want to involve the current President and present a "political" circus.  They do not take day to day actions based on politics, though it can sometimes be shaded that way because of the overall attention and direction of the administration in power.  This, along with their attempts to stay apolitical by not commenting on actions/prosecutions until they have been fleshed out leads to many assumptions (and you know the definition of assumption).

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

6 minutes ago, Richard Price said:

Joe Biden.  The Department of Justice is supposed to be independent unlike in the previous mis-administration.  Ben, I'm sure you are aware that while they act as part of an administration and follow a broad direction espoused by the Executive branch, they would not, especially in this case involving the previous President want to involve the current President and present a "political" circus.  They do not take day to day actions based on politics, though it can sometimes be shaded that way because of the overall attention and direction of the administration in power.  This, along with their attempts to stay apolitical by not commenting on actions/prosecutions until they have been fleshed out leads to many assumptions (and you know the definition of assumption).

Well, however it turns out, great (and diversionary) political theater. 

"Twenty-four hours later the White House had nothing to say, only that President Joe Biden learned from “public reports” about the court-ordered search."--AZ Republic.

I am glad Joe is reading the newspapers. 

You might think a courtesy call was in order. 

I wonder if the establishment parties, when in the White House, run the Justice Department in a less political manner than Trump---maybe they are just smoother at it. 

You know, my fave US President---JFK---appointed as AG...his own brother.  I have to confess, that is not what I would call an independent Justice Department. 

It sure looks like AG Merrick Garland has painted himself into a corner. He better hope those 17 boxes he recovered have something in them. My guess is paper records won't reveal much, but then Trump is Trump and anything is possible. 

I understand on Twitter, the Mar a Lago raid this is being described as a "100-megaton bombshell." 

Maybe this is curtains for Trump. Or maybe just another (another, and another) dud. 

Donald Trump and his allies are now saying that the FBI planted the evidence that they took from Mar-A-Lago.

That's why they made everyone leave while they conducted their search. They didn't want anyone to see what they were planting. "Backpacks" full of stuff, according to Fox News.

One of Trump's lawyers even said that there was nothing there to find in the first place.

At the same time, mistrust and paranoia is running rampant in Trumpworld as they try to find the dirty rat who snitched and ratted them out to the FBI.

It seems like those two thoughts are mutually exclusive, but hey, who am I to judge?

Steve Thomas

Breaking news headline from The New York Times:

Trump Takes the Fifth Amendment in New York Deposition

The former president invoked his right against self-incrimination during a deposition that the New York attorney general’s office had hoped would be a turning point in a civil investigation into his business practices. It is one of several active investigations into Mr. Trump.

8 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

That's why they made everyone leave while they conducted their search. They didn't want anyone to see what they were planting. "Backpacks" full of stuff, according to Fox News.

I just read that the FBI has surveillance videos.  I don't know if that is for the period of time they were conducting the raid or other time periods.  I'm sure this will be spun to say they are now doctoring them to show what they want and deleting anything which would show FBI culpability (planting material).  This is where the term "conspiracy theory" truly belongs.  To those who will attribute anything which goes against their "team" to deep state agents who have it in for them/their team.  It's the current Republican playbook.  I and many others believe in a conspiracy in the murder of JFK and some, if not all the assassinated leaders in the 60's, but this belief is rooted in facts which do not fit the official narrative.  This case is on it's face simple - It is illegal (ILLEGAL) for ANYONE to be in possession of classified information, particularly after they have been made aware of that fact.

20 minutes ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Breaking news headline from The New York Times:

Trump Takes the Fifth Amendment in New York Deposition

The former president invoked his right against self-incrimination during a deposition that the New York attorney general’s office had hoped would be a turning point in a civil investigation into his business practices. It is one of several active investigations into Mr. Trump.

"You see the mob takes the Fifth," he said during one rally in Iowa. "If you're innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?"

I will release my taxes very soon ( 2016.)

Mexico will pay for the wall.

I never paid those women ( Stormy Daniels and Karen McDougal.)

I don't even know who E. Jean Carrol is.

In an interview with "Axios on HBO" that aired Monday night, Trump was asked why he wished Maxwell well when she's been arrested on allegations of child sex trafficking.
"Well, first of all you don't know that," Trump said to the allegations of child sex trafficking. "Her friend or boyfriend (Epstein) was either killed or committed suicide. She's now in jail. Yeah, I wish her well. I'd wish you well. I'd wish a lot of people well. Good luck. Let them prove somebody was guilty."

8 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

You are attacking the messenger, rather than addressing the message. 

Evidently, he is a regular columnist for the WaPo

Incorrect.  I also attacked Thiessen's absurd message yesterday.

I said that Thiessen should be morally indignant about Trump's "unprecedented" crimes-- not about the "unprecedented" investigation of those crimes.

Frankly, it's a shame WaPo publishes Thiessen's columns.

I think they're publishing Thiessen's propaganda in an effort to try to present "both sides" of a one-sided story about Trump's unprecedented corruption and dishonesty.

Edited by W. Niederhut

8 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Incorrect.  I also attacked Thiessen's absurd message yesterday.

I said that Thiessen should be morally indignant about Trump's "unprecedented" crimes-- not about the "unprecedented" investigation of those crimes.

Frankly, it's a shame WaPo publishes Thiessen's columns.

I think they're publishing Thiessen's propaganda in an effort to try to present "both sides" of a one-sided story about Trump's unprecedented corruption and dishonesty.

From Theiseen:

"Many — this columnist included — have cited (Sandy) Berger’s punishment in arguing that the same standard should apply to former secretary of state Hillary Clinton for keeping classified information on her private email servers. According to former FBI director James B. Comey, those servers held 110 messages containing classified information, including “seven e-mail chains [concerning] matters that were classified at the Top Secret/Special Access Program level” — the highest level of classification. Worse still, the Justice Department inspector general reported that the FBI’s Inspection Division found that classified intelligence improperly stored and transmitted on Clinton’s server “was compromised by unauthorized individuals, to include foreign governments or intelligence services, via cyber intrusion or other means.”

But the FBI did not raid Clinton’s home in Chappaqua, N.Y. And despite the fact that what Comey publicly called Clinton’s “careless … handling of very sensitive, highly classified information” allowed foreign adversaries to obtain U.S. secrets, the FBI director determined that “no charges are appropriate in this case.”

Many who argued then that Clinton’s mishandling of highly classified information was no big deal are cheering Monday’s search of Trump’s home for the same alleged crime. Clinton lawyer Marc Elias had the audacity to tweet that one of the penalties for Trump’s alleged misconduct could include being “disqualified from holding any office under the United States” (though Elias conceded that the law might not apply to a president).

---30---

Theissen makes valid points. Shooting the messenger is satisfying, but does not erase his arguments. 

It is sad to see America so divided in into partisan camps.

If a member of your party does something, by definition it is good, and vice versa.