The Education Forum

NON JFK books for a toilet paper crisis.

As an avid reader of assassination books, and ready to receive recommendations from the many knowledgeable members of this forum....what publications on this subject do you consider essential inclusions to a library.  Attempting to be brief, here are some of mine to start the ball rolling.  (I don't say I go along with the full theories of some of these, but value the depth of research.)

Accessories after the fact. Sylvia Meagher.  Best Evidence. David Lifton.  JFK Ordeal in Africa. Richard Mahoney.  Crossfire. Jim Marrs.  All of John Newman's books.  Deep politics & death of JFK. Peter Dale Scott.  Bloody Treason. Noel Twyman.  Harvey & Lee. John Armstrong.  Farewell to Justice. Joan Mellen.  JFK & the Unspeakable. James Douglass.  Into the Nightmare. Joe McBride. Inside the A.R.R.B. (5 Vols.) Doug Horne.  The Incubus of Intervention. Greg Poulgrain.  + on Kindle The Master Chronology set. Walt Brown.

Gaeton Fonzi, the last investigation

Jim Garrison, On the Trail of the Assassins

Josiah Thompson, Six Seconds in Dallas

Jim Dieugenio, Destiny Betrayed

Need to read Meagher and Lifton's books properly. I have them but only used them as a reference for a speech I gave. The updated version of Crossfire is the best overall summary of the case against the Warren Commission

Edited by Kishan Dandiker

The Assassinations anthology, edited by James DiEugenio, is a great collection of essays.

How about L. Fletcher Prouty's book, JFK, the CIA, and Vietnam?   It was one of the first JFKA books I ever read, (a few years ago) after watching Oliver Stone's film, JFK, and learning that the character Mr. X (Donald Sutherland) was mainly based on USAF Col. L. Fletcher Prouty.

Thanks to you both.  👋

Not so much to Pete though.

5 hours ago, Kishan Dandiker said:

Gaeton Fonzi, the last investigation

Jim Garrison, On the Trail of the Assassins

Josiah Thompson, Six Seconds in Dallas

Jim Dieugenio, Destiny Betrayed

Need to read Meagher and Lifton's books properly. I have them but only used them as a reference for a speech I gave. The updated version of Crossfire is the best overall summary of the case against the Warren Commission

Cheers Kishan, I have all on your list....the latter two signed by the authors.

5 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

The Assassinations anthology, edited by James DiEugenio, is a great collection of essays.

How about L. Fletcher Prouty's book, JFK, the CIA, and Vietnam?   It was one of the first JFKA books I ever read, (a few years ago) after watching Oliver Stone's film, JFK, and learning that the character Mr. X (Donald Sutherland) was mainly based on USAF Col. L. Fletcher Prouty.

The Assassinations anthology isn't one I have, so thanks for the recommendation.  Can't see it on Amazon, so can you give me details?  I have Destiny Betrayed & The JFK Assassination.

The Prouty book title I have is The CIA, Vietnam & the plot to assassinate John F. Kennedy (2009) which I assume is the same book.  I also have The Secret Team.

4 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Thanks to you both.  👋

Not so much to Pete though.

Fancy picking Mellen's book on the Garrison case instead of Destiny Betrayed.....even after you signed my copy!   I'll get my coat.

34 minutes ago, Pete Mellor said:

The Assassinations anthology isn't one I have, so thanks for the recommendation.  Can't see it on Amazon, so can you give me details?  I have Destiny Betrayed & The JFK Assassination.

The Prouty book title I have is The CIA, Vietnam & the plot to assassinate John F. Kennedy (2009) which I assume is the same book.  I also have The Secret Team.

That's weird.  Searching amazon using Jim's name looking for The Assassinations nothing came up.  Switched to Lisa Pease, there it is.

https://www.amazon.com/Assassinations-Probe-Magazine-JFK-Malcolm-ebook/dp/B005CI168U/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=lisa+pease+the+assassinations&qid=1588465346&s=books&sr=1-1

Great articles in it by both.

Also, I'd add to your list,

Devil's Chessboard, David Talbot

In the Eye of History, William Law

Last Word/Plausible Denial, Mark Lane

Survivor's Guilt, Vince Palamara

9 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

That's weird.  Searching amazon using Jim's name looking for The Assassinations nothing came up.  Switched to Lisa Pease, there it is.

https://www.amazon.com/Assassinations-Probe-Magazine-JFK-Malcolm-ebook/dp/B005CI168U/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=lisa+pease+the+assassinations&qid=1588465346&s=books&sr=1-1

Great articles in it by both.

Also, I'd add to your list,

Devil's Chessboard, David Talbot

In the Eye of History, William Law

Last Word/Plausible Denial, Mark Lane

Survivor's Guilt, Vince Palamara

Cheers Ron.  Since posting I've discovered The Assassinations tucked away on my Kindle!!  Maybe it's senility creeping in.  + those four additions are great books too which I have.

8 hours ago, Cliff Varnell said:

False Mystery, Vincent Salandria

Yeah, great addition...edited by John Kelin who put together Praise from a future generation which is a must.

Is Salandria still alive?

3 hours ago, Pete Mellor said:

Yeah, great addition...edited by John Kelin who put together Praise from a future generation which is a must.

Is Salandria still alive?

From what I've seen it seems like he is. By all accounts is a very tough man so not too much of a surprise. Think he's around 94.

5 hours ago, Kishan Dandiker said:

From what I've seen it seems like he is. By all accounts is a very tough man so not too much of a surprise. Think he's around 94.

Wow!  The Methuselah of the JFK case.

I’m a student in the Vincent Salandria School of Research into the Obvious.  (My name for standing on his shoulders.) 

It’s obvious from the bullet holes in the clothes and the contemporaneous written notes of witnesses in position of authority that JFK had a shallow wound of entrance in his back at T3 and an entrance wound in the throat.

I’ve long been unpleasantly surprised by the JFKA Critical Master Class resistance to these root facts.

Salandria wrote about these root facts back in 1965. A lot of Name Experts still haven’t figured it out.

https://www.maryferrell.org/pages/Essay_-_A_Philadelphia_Lawyer_Analyzes_the_Presidents_Back_and_Neck_Wounds.html

Edited by Cliff Varnell