The Education Forum

Erasing the past to protect a fairytale

Steve Thomas

One of the best resources I've ever encountered is a webiste called Erasing the past to protect a fairytale, by Arjan Hut.

https://jfk.boards.net/thread/121/erasing-past-protect-fairytale

Arjan has collected over 400 instances where the evidence just doesn't line up, or is missing.

He tries not to draw conclusions, just present the evidence.

I once tried to convince him to collect these and put them in printed form in case his website crashed. I don't know if he ever did; but for now, you can find them in the site shown above.

Steve Thomas

Edited by Steve Thomas

• 2 years later...
15 hours ago, Charles Blackmon said:

bump

This is an incredible resource for researchers.

Absolutely agree.  Great find.

Any JFKA study person who is knowledgeable about "all 500" of these listed aspects of the case to at least a general intelligent discussion degree and/or beyond qualifies as a decently educated JFKA one imo.

Worthy of at least a junior college associate degree on the subject.

Edited by Joe Bauer

Jim Marr's taught the pursuit of the Truth at the University of Texas at Arlington in the 1980's.  I regret missing his class in pursuit om my Management Degree.

11 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Jim Marr's taught the pursuit of the Truth at the University of Texas at Arlington in the 1980's.  I regret missing his class in pursuit om my Management Degree.

Ron, if there was such a thing as a JFKA subject matter college degree wouldn't you expect that one of it's main qualifying requirements be passing a "lawyer's bar" type exam centered around proving one's knowledge of the 500 JFKA related research points on the list posted on the original thread?

With perhaps an 85% to 90% or higher score?

An 85% to 90% or higher score indicates to me that the person achieving that mark would probably have read almost all of the Warren Commission testimonies, read at least 20 research books or many good sized parts of them, sought out, watched and listened to archival debates between major research players and same with watching videos of highest financed and organized JFKA conferences through the decades through most of their entireties, found and read hundreds of related articles and pieces such as essays submitted by the most esteemed researchers and actually accessed research document compendiums such as Mary Ferrel's with a dash of Mae Brussels, etc., etc.

Just being on this forum for 5 to 10 years and open-mindedly reading almost daily most of the research, findings and opinions shared here including all sides of the debate no matter how hot the back and fourths become has been a great part of my JFKA education.

Half of my fairly decent general knowledge grasp on the JFKA subject has been acquired through almost daily delving into the forum sharings for years here.

The other half I have acquired through my own initiative of further reading and study.

If I put half the time, reading and study effort I have invested in the forum and other related venues all these years into a college degree pursuit program I am certain I would have a BA degree in hand.

Now THAT would look good on my wall next to my only other certificate of academic achievement ... my high school diploma.

Pacific Grove High School ( California ) class of 1969!

With some AP study recognition in the area of ... girl watching.

Edited by Joe Bauer

6 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

With some AP study recognition in the area of ... girl watching.

Any excuse will do to share the musical brilliance of one Brian Wilson.

Edited by Charles Blackmon

I have often said, to study the JFKA is to study government, politics, and how investigations can be controlled, alongside media complicity.

Remember this when reviewing modern-era government "investigations," whether run by one party or the other.

3 hours ago, Charles Blackmon said:

Any excuse will do to share the musical brilliance of one Brian Wilson.

Loved the Beach Boys.

In the 1960's/70's we didn't have the long, shallow tide, smaller wave beaches of Southern California ( except for Santa Cruz ) and our weather wasn't as sunny and warm...but we did have a lot of surfers.

I spent almost every summer day at our little city beach ( Lovers Point ) in Pacific Grove from the age of 5 to 10.

Learned to swim in the ocean. Rode inner tubes on waves starting about 8.

Lot of kids did. Surfing really exploded in the mid to late 60's here. 

Just quit going to the beach at around 10 or 11. Too busy trying to make a few dollars in the summer.

However, let me tell you...there truly were teen age "Surfer Girls" back then. Unbelievably beautiful. Blond, tan, bikini's. Santa Cruz was Surfer Girl heaven.

The one I remember most vividly was named Marsha Mitchell. 

Bridgett Bardot type. Blond, thin, not tall.

She ended up marrying a doctor.

A lot of kids got into surfing more for the girls than the thrill of riding waves.

No need to erase the past in that dream like environment.