The Education Forum

Olive Branches to Jeff Carter, & Robert Wheeler

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now we're cooking Cliff.

Here are two surf rock classics that I recorded with my Peckerwoods studio band many years ago-- Walk Don't Run (1960) and Wipeout (1963.)

Walk Don't Run was recorded by Chet Atkins in 1956 before the Ventures made it a hit in 1960.

Walk Don't Run by Willie Wunderlich and the Peckerwoods | SoundClick

Wipe Out by Willie Wunderlich and the Peckerwoods | SoundClick

9 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Now we're cooking Cliff.

Here are two surf rock classics that I recorded with my Peckerwoods studio band many years ago-- Walk Don't Run (1960) and Wipeout (1963.)

Walk Don't Run was recorded by Chet Atkins in 1956 before the Ventures made it a hit in 1960.

Walk Don't Run by Willie Wunderlich and the Peckerwoods | SoundClick

Wipe Out by Willie Wunderlich and the Peckerwoods | SoundClick

Awesome cover of Wipe Out!

6 minutes ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Awesome cover of Wipe Out!

Thanks, Cliff. 

Speaking of wipeouts,  I caught a ski in a snowboard rut up at Keystone today and had quite a tumble.

No major damage, so it was all good.  🤪

All very cool. This was the R&R hit version of Apache with the warm Gibson hollow body sound that popularized Apache by Jorgen Ingmann .

More rock history. This was the first big R&R hit that featured  the synthesizer sound. Named after the first communication satellites. Actually a pretty song. Telstar

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

On 3/1/2021 at 11:05 PM, Ron Bulman said:

I've never listened to Lady GaGa.  Stumbled across this.  She does wail in it.  Mick seems a bit flustered at one point.  Never seen him dance With someone like this on stage before.  Keith, Ron, Charlie, just another day at work.

Wanted to share somewhere.  She's pretty nimble in those heels.

Gaga kicked Mick's ass!

He was on more sure ground with these two.

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of Wild Horses, here's my nominee for the greatest song ever about wild horses, from  U2's Brian Eno-produced, Achtung, Baby album.  (With honorable mentions to the Byrds' Chestnut Mare and Terry Reid's Without Expression.  BTW, Jimmy Page and John Bonham wanted Terry Reid to be the singer for their new band Led Zeppelin in '68.  I think it was Reid who referred them to Robert Plant.)

Edited by W. Niederhut