The Education Forum

Trump, Biden and the JFK Act

4 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Obama replied with, "You saw what happened to Dr. King didn't you?"

Before my twentieth birthday, I survived one-hundred and nineteen indirect fire attacks (mortars, rockets, recoilless rifles, RPGs) and a two-thousand pound VBIED suicide attack while I was deployed to Afghanistan and the commander-in-chief is too much of a wimp to take an effectual stance on the side of humanity?!

If President Obama really said that and believed it, damn him for his cowardice, and damn him for paving the way for Trump.

If I were President, I'd be packing heat and would return fire at assassins, like Warren Oates at the end of "The Wild Bunch"...

Edited by Robert Montenegro

4 hours ago, Norman T. Field said:

Would you be as bold when your children, spouse and other relatives are threatened if you broke silence?

Modern quantum dynamics and astrophysics indicate that the concept of eternity is a factual thing. Modern thermal dynamics indicate that energy can never be destroyed, only transmuted.

That means the energy I am made of has always been here and will only get transmuted into something else. This existence of flesh and blood is only temporary, and I want my energy to be transmuted into a state of existence without pain.

I believe in Hell, because I have stood shoulder-to-shoulder with persons worthy of it, just as I was. I and my family would be willing to die, not to escape from an eternity of chaos, but to set an example for others to live by.

Nothing in this material world is worth my soul, yet everything in the natural Earth is worth my flesh.

As for being bold, I gave up pride and truth a long time ago; honor and fact are my currency.

Edited by Robert Montenegro

Jim said:

Jim said: Ray McGovern told this story to a friend of mine:

After Obama got re elected, and it became apparent that it was going to be more of the same.  An assistant asked him, "What happened to the Hope and Change?"

Without batting an eyelash, Obama replied with, "You saw what happened to Dr. King didn't you?"

Assistant---Ray Mc Govern----Friend of Jim's---Jim------Us!

It could have happened. It doesn't sound like something Obama would have said to me But sure.  We're lead to believe that Obama backed off because he feared for his life?

That's just the kind of fifth hand story, that has very little credence for me. If I got that story, I wouldn't presume to tell it, and have a bunch of other pass it on, but that's me. To me it's just hearsay. We're lead to trust too many people.

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

I recall reading that Leon Panetta told Obama early in his presidency, "You can't just say, 'No,' to these guys" -- i.e., the CIA and the Pentagon brass.

Does that ring a bell?

6 hours ago, Robert Montenegro said:

Modern quantum dynamics and astrophysics indicate that the concept of eternity is a factual thing. Modern thermal dynamics indicate that energy can never be destroyed, only transmuted.

That means the energy I am made of has always been here and will only get transmuted into something else. This existence of flesh and blood is only temporary, and I want my energy to be transmuted into a state of existence without pain.

I believe in Hell, because I have stood shoulder-to-shoulder with persons worthy of it, just as I was. I and my family would be willing to die, not to escape from an eternity of chaos, but to set an example for others to live by.

Nothing in this material world is worth my soul, yet everything in the natural Earth is worth my flesh.

As for being bold, I gave up pride and truth a long time ago; honor and fact are my currency.

Regarding the quantum dynamics and astrophysics, which I don't understand well but respect, RIP Billy Joe Shaver.

1993 with Eddie. 

2006 > 2020.

Everybody here knows I think that Jackie begged RFK not to run in 1968.

Not only because of what happened to JFK, but because he had become like a father to her two kids.

She did not cry openly at JFK's funeral.  She did at Bobby's.

We all know the letter that he and she wrote to the Kremlin on November 29th.

Carly Simon said that when she invited her to,  Jackie did not want to watch the film JFK 

Can you imagine, all three of those widows--RFK, MLK, JFK-- on the same plane back from Los Angeles, after the Ambassador Hotel.  Jackie said something like, I only live for my children now.

Edited by James DiEugenio

14 hours ago, Robert Montenegro said:

Very well said Robert.  But I don't know if I have the courage to be that resolute.