The Education Forum

The Prominent, Professional and Proximate Who Did (Do) Not Accept the Warren Commission 

47 minutes ago, Pete Mellor said:

I think Fidel was quicker on the ball than de Gaulle.

His broadcast to the Cuban people on the 23rd November '63 was very sharp.

Kennedys And King - Fidel Castro's First Speech on the JFK Assassination, 11/23/1963

Thanks for sharing this link. How very astute and insightful Castro was within a day of the assassination. He could see things in 1963 that most of western society can’t see that in 2021. 

4 hours ago, Pete Mellor said:

Kennedys And King - Fidel Castro's First Speech on the JFK Assassination, 11/23/1963

Paul M---

A very interesting speech and deeply insightful.

I have some reservations in that Castro, like Henry Wade, like US media, like Katzenbach, was jumping to conclusions, on Nov. 23.

For all anyone knew, LHO (on Nov. 23) could have been a demented loner, or a CIA operative, or part of disgruntled group of CIA cast-offs, or a Castro-affiliate with several co-conspirators unknown. 

The media played the role of willing dupes, Castro played his game, and the CIA played theirs. 

Today, I contend LHO was a CIA asset, and there were at least two, and likely three guns fired that day in Dealey Plaza.

Interestingly, as even Sen. Richard Russell noted, the US Deep State lost interest in Cuba and went deep into SE Asia after the JFKA.  

Consider Indonesia, Vietnam and SE Asia----much more important than Cuba. 

10 hours ago, Pete Mellor said:

That is a great speech, and Castro was right in many ways. 

But I have reservations about such pronouncements, whether by Henry Wade, CBS, LIFE magazine, Katzenbach, Castro or whoever that were made with 24 hours of the JFKA. At that point, no one knew whether LHO was a demented lone nut, a foreign agent, a CIA operative, a mob soldier or what have you. 

Everyone was talking their narrative, or parroting authority. 

As an aside, the global security Deep State (as noted by Sen Richard Russell) quickly dropped Cuba and became obsessed with SE Asia, from Indonesia to Laos, to Cambodia to Vietnam. 

If the JFKA was done for a foreign-policy reason....

6 hours ago, Joseph McBride said:

Numerous members of the DPD were up to their eyes in the plot.

Joseph M. ---

In the JFKA plot, or complicit in the post-JFKA cover-up? 

My take is the actual JFKA had a very small number of participants. Perhaps four or five.  Why include anyone from the DPD? 

Were local cops in Miami and Chicago brought in to facilitate possible hits in those cities? Wouldn't that start to get a bit risky? 

After the fact, a cover-up or the "LHO the lone commie nut" narrative was more or less directed from on high, and likely involved the murder of LHO. Foot soldiers and the media fell in line.

30 minutes ago, Joseph McBride said:

Numerous members of the DPD were up to their eyes in the plot.

Including Tippit.

Into the Nightmare: My Search for the Killers of President John F. Kennedy and Officer J. D. Tippit: McBride, Joseph: 9781939795250: Amazon.com: Books

My copy is thoroughly ear marked and highlighted.  I know nothing about publishing.  

7 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

That is a great speech, and Castro was right in many ways. 

But I have reservations about such pronouncements, whether by Henry Wade, CBS, LIFE magazine, Katzenbach, Castro or whoever that were made with 24 hours of the JFKA. At that point, no one knew whether LHO was a demented lone nut, a foreign agent, a CIA operative, a mob soldier or what have you. 

Everyone was talking their narrative, or parroting authority. 

As an aside, the global security Deep State (as noted by Sen Richard Russell) quickly dropped Cuba and became obsessed with SE Asia, from Indonesia to Laos, to Cambodia to Vietnam. 

If the JFKA was done for a foreign-policy reason....

Castro may not have known exactly who was behind the assassination.  But with the 'Fair Play For Cuba' being publicized, he knew that he was being made a suspect.

8 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Including Tippit.

Into the Nightmare: My Search for the Killers of President John F. Kennedy and Officer J. D. Tippit: McBride, Joseph: 9781939795250: Amazon.com: Books

My copy is thoroughly ear marked and highlighted.  I know nothing about publishing.  

Ron B.: 

Thanks for reading. 

OK, build the "Tippit was in on the JFKA" case citing from the book. 

To me, the most curious thing is the appearance of LHO's wallet at the Tippit crime scene. 

It seems likely the wallet was planted, although not beyond reasonable doubt that it simply fell from LHO's body somehow. 

I am open-minded. 

But even if the wallet was planted, it could have been done so by a CIA asset, not the DPD.  

Curiously, the DPD was telling people the wallet was in LHO's back pocket. 

Interesting....

7 hours ago, Dan Rice said:

Castro may not have known exactly who was behind the assassination.  But with the 'Fair Play For Cuba' being publicized, he knew that he was being made a suspect.

That is true.  Philip Shenon, decades later, repeated the poorly supported idea that Castro or Castroites were behind the JFKA. 

Much more likely, the CIA handled LHO for years, did a long-term biography build, and planned a unsuccessful false-flag assassination attempt on JFK with LHO as the suspect. Then, someone piggy-backed on the false-flag plan in earnest. 

3 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Ron B.: 

Thanks for reading. 

OK, build the "Tippit was in on the JFKA" case citing from the book. 

To me, the most curious thing is the appearance of LHO's wallet at the Tippit crime scene. 

It seems likely the wallet was planted, although not beyond reasonable doubt that it simply fell from LHO's body somehow. 

I am open-minded. 

But even if the wallet was planted, it could have been done so by a CIA asset, not the DPD.  

Curiously, the DPD was telling people the wallet was in LHO's back pocket. 

Interesting....

Buy the book and read it.  Interpret it for yourself.   Tippit was hunting one of the Oswald's.  Pay attention to Olson, Bentley and more.  If you want to go beyond Joseph's excellent book look into Sheriff Decker's corruption going back to the 30's - 40's as the top sheriff's deputy actually running the department and Benny Binion in the book Blood Aces and figure out why he told Deputy Roger Craig and the rest of them to go out and watch but not participate in JFK's protection 

3 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Buy the book and read it.  Interpret it for yourself.   Tippit was hunting one of the Oswald's.  Pay attention to Olson, Bentley and more.  If you want to go beyond Joseph's excellent book look into Sheriff Decker's corruption going back to the 30's - 40's as the top sheriff's deputy actually running the department and Benny Binion in the book Blood Aces and figure out why he told Deputy Roger Craig and the rest of them to go out and watch but not participate in JFK's protection 

A few years back, I did read the book. I do not like to criticize members of the JFKA research community, so I am mute. 

But if you want to put together some compelling hard facts regarding Tippit's knowing participation in the pre-JFKA plot, I am receptive. 

Sheesh, 50-65 years ago when I grew in Los Angeles County, some of the county Sheriffs were corrupt, and mean-spirited as well. So it goes. 

12 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

A few years back, I did read the book. I do not like to criticize members of the JFKA research community, so I am mute. 

But if you want to put together some compelling hard facts regarding Tippit's knowing participation in the pre-JFKA plot, I am receptive. 

Sheesh, 50-65 years ago when I grew in Los Angeles County, some of the county Sheriffs were corrupt, and mean-spirited as well. So it goes. 

Regarding Tippitt, dont forget about Mentzel (sp?).

J.D. Tippit Murder Suggests Conspiracy - Dallas Police Officer Confesses - Bing video

4 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Indeed, an arresting officer at the Texas Theater said out loud, "Shoot the President, will you?" 

But if the DPD wanted LHO dead, they had ample opportunity at the Texas Theater. I can tell you if any suspect attempts to brandish a weapon at an Los Angeles Police Department officer, they will be dead before their hand touches the weapon. 

That the DPD arrested an armed man without killing him tells a lot. 

In my view, someone told the DPD who to look for, the slightly off description from military records. A phone call from the CIA or FBI to the DPD. The DPD becomes unwittingly complicit in the JFKA, and starts to build a case against the assassin. 

I do not wish to criticize people who are earnestly trying to get to the bottom of the JFKA, as am I.  

McBride suggests Tippit was murdered not by Oswald, but by fellow JFKA plotters who wished to call a lot of police cars and police into the neighborhood. Tippit was sacrificed for the cause. 

However, McBride surmises this. I disagree with his take on the matter.  

• 2 years later...