The Education Forum

Here's one for the H&L crowd ... 2 Jack Rubys

I found this on the Prayer Man website today.

After Oswald is blown away in the basement, Bookhout also gets a mention by L.G. Montgomery in Larry Sneed’s No More Silence: S.A. Bookhout asked me, “What did you do?” I told him, “You were right there, Bookhout. We handcuffed Oswald; we walked around to the elevator, got on the elevator to go down. Where’d you go? You were right there with us?” He got a little funny and said, “I walked back to the squad room and turned up the squawk box.” I said, “Why?” I don’t remember the exact wording of his response, but it was something to the effect–“to hear the shooting. Didn’t you know that the chief had received a call during the night that Oswald was going to be shot?” “Hell, no,” I said,“ I didn’t!” I was pretty angry at the time.

http://www.prayer-man.com/fbi-ss/james-bookhout/

3 hours ago, Tony Krome said:

Apparently, the guy on the right is not Jack Ruby, so I put Basement Ruby's hat and eye shadow on to see what he looked like, and Presto, 2 Jack Rubys. 

ruby-compare-hat.png

The photos are from where? Sure look like the same guy to me. Nice work.   

2 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

I believe it was taken at the DPD, maybe Friday night?

Edited by Tony Krome

1 hour ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Tony,

Can you post the Jack Ruby photo before it was modified?  I have no problem seeing the two photos as Jack Ruby.

Jack-Ruby.jpg

The only problem I see with Jack Ruby photos is that in some photos he seems to have more hair and in others less.  That's probably due to the amount of light reflecting off of Ruby's head.  On the other hand he may have been darkening his scalp as some men do.  This gives the appearance of more hair.  

jack-ruby-2.jpg

Edited by John Butler

3 hours ago, George Govus said:

I found this on the Prayer Man website today.

http://www.prayer-man.com/fbi-ss/james-bookhout/

Before Ruby pulled the trigger on his 38-caliber Colt Cobra in the basement of the Dallas Police Department, did he get cold feet or have second thoughts? Or did he want to get caught before he actually carried out his mission?

Billy Grammer, a Dallas Police dispatcher, says he received a telephone threat against Oswald's life the night before Oswald's murder. He said the tipster did not identify himself, but did greet the officer by name. The caller advised police to change their plans for Oswald's transfer to another jail the next day. The voice on the other end was urgent—asserting, "We are going to kill him!"

Only after Jack Ruby murdered Oswald did Grammer realize he had been talking to a local striptease club operator he knew well. "It had to be Ruby," he later disclosed. Grammer says that phone call convinced him the Oswald slaying was "not spontaneous," but rather a "planned event." 14

1 hour ago, John Butler said:

Can you post the Jack Ruby photo before it was modified?  I have no problem seeing the two photos as Jack Ruby.

I remember years back they were saying the guy in the DPD hall on Friday night that looked like Ruby was actually a cop. They named him and showed him in an office. Anyone recall the name?

ruby-lookalike.png

Edited by Tony Krome

Ha! The arrow pointed guy does look like Ruby.

But the two fellows in the first thread photos are one and the same...Jack Ruby.

Or as District Attorney Wade called him in his press conference Sunday, 11,24.1963...

"His name is a  ... Jack Rubenstein I believe."

On 6/26/2021 at 5:15 AM, Tony Krome said:

Apparently, the guy on the right is not Jack Ruby, so I put Basement Ruby's hat and eye shadow on to see what he looked like, and Presto, 2 Jack Rubys. 

ruby-compare-hat.png

Not knocking anybody at all, but the difference seems to be that Ruby at left in the DPD basement has a slant-shaved left sideburn, and the DPD corridor Ruby has a straight-edge sideburn, similar to the right sideburn shown in the 11/24 booking photo.  That slant sideburn may be an artifact of motion blur, however, as the ear appears to elongated and blurred as well.

21 hours ago, David Andrews said:

Not knocking anybody at all, but the difference seems to be that Ruby at left in the DPD basement has a slant-shaved left sideburn, and the DPD corridor Ruby has a straight-edge sideburn, similar to the right sideburn shown in the 11/24 booking photo.  That slant sideburn may be an artifact of motion blur, however, as the ear appears to elongated and blurred as well.

If there is one thing I have learned about photos in the JFKA is that you need to look at the photos in question carefully.  This photo could be Ruby or a look alike cop.  I am going to settle for Ruby until someone identifies the look alike cop.  Why?  There is a lot of distortion in the photo.  The sideburn may be angled due motion blur and light blur.  It seems to be part of the blurred and distorted ear.

jack-ruby-maybe.jpg

Edited by John Butler

ruby-lookalike.png

I always thought this photo was of Jack Ruby in a newsroom and it was part of his alibi while the JFKA happened in Dealey Plaza.  They may be policemen.  The person on the left hand appears to have something resembling handcuffs hanging from his belt.  

Pease advise if wrong.

Edited by John Butler

26 minutes ago, John Butler said:

ruby-lookalike.png

I always thought this photo was of Jack Ruby in a newsroom and it was part of his alibi while the JFKA happened in Dealey Plaza.  They may be policemen.  The person on the left hand appears to have something resembling handcuffs hanging from his belt.  

Pease advise if wrong.

May be a cop with his badge wallet tucked in his belt.  Saves wear an tear on the breast pocket, or badge theft in a scuffle.

3 hours ago, David Andrews said:

May be a cop with his badge wallet tucked in his belt.  Saves wear an tear on the breast pocket, or badge theft in a scuffle.

It's the WFAA guys! Now it makes sense. Below to the left is Jay Watson, and the guy on the right is Bert Shipp an assistant news director/camera guy. The time-stamp for the "Ruby lookalike on the phone" photo would be around 1pm Friday 22nd. Bert Shipp had just got back to WFAA headquarters from filming the limo and spectators at Parkland. Shipp was at the Trade Mart waiting when the motorcade sped by. He jumped in a police car and went to Parkland. He filmed Curry, Yarborough etc, then rushed back with the film.

jay-watson.png

Edited by Tony Krome

2 hours ago, Tony Krome said:

It's the WFAA guys! Now it makes sense. Below to the left is Jay Watson, and the guy on the right is Bert Shipp an assistant news director/camera guy. The time-stamp for the "Ruby lookalike on the phone" photo would be around 1pm Friday 22nd. Bert Shipp had just got back to WFAA headquarters from filming the limo and spectators at Parkland. Shipp was at the Trade Mart waiting when the motorcade sped by. He jumped in a police car and went to Parkland. He filmed Curry, Yarborough etc, then rushed back with the film.

jay-watson.png

You appear to be correct, sir!