The Education Forum

Rose Cherami: Gathering Fallen Petals

Calvin Ye

5 minutes ago, David Andrews said:

While we're at it, any opinions on A Rose by Many Other Names: Rose Cherami & the JFK Assassination, by Todd C. Elliott?  (Trine Day)

I read the book by Todd C. Elliott and it was average.

1 hour ago, Calvin Ye said:

Have anyone read the book Rose Cheramie: Gathering Petals? If so, what is your opinion?

Glimpses of Rose Cherami, real name Melba Christine Youngblood Marcades first appeared to me in the opening scenes of Oliver Stone's movie 'JFK' in the early 1990's. I was provided with further details of this case at JFK Lancer's November in Dallas conference in 2003 by Bob Dorff and Jim Olivier. Although I was aware of the publication of the first edition in 2016, it was the authors Skype link to Dealey Plaza U.K. in 2020 that really drew me to obtain a signed copy of his second edition direct from Dr. Michael Marcades.
Although this is a real life biography of his mother, a work that has involved decades long research, 'Rose Cherami: Gathering Fallen Petals' contains fictional dialog to assist the flow of this harrowing life story, but with a solid factual base. In that respect, this book is somewhat unique in comparison to other books in the JFK assassination canon, unless we include the Warren Report.
Joan Mellen's back cover review warns readers to 'expect nightmares'. 'Crit' had a short life spent with alcoholism, prostitution, heroin addiction, multiple police arrests, imprisonment, hospitalisations and involvements with organised criminal enterprises, as well as her inability to look after her son Michael.
I think that it is the way this story has been starkly written that makes it hard to lose sympathy and understanding with the character of 'Rose Cheramie'.
As regards the JFK assassination involvement she can be included along with Joseph Milteer, who seemed to possess fore knowledge of JFK's killing. Her knowledge of Ruby and Oswald (or possibly an Oswald double) similar to Beverley Oliver, stands on solid foundations. A further revelation is her final demise, a far more frightening scenario than the opening scene in Stone's movie.
However, leaving the JFK aspect to one side, this book stands testimony to a woman who just had to keep on keeping on throughout her long and crazy escapades. The result is a compulsive page turner!

16 minutes ago, Pete Mellor said:

Glimpses of Rose Cherami, real name Melba Christine Youngblood Marcades first appeared to me in the opening scenes of Oliver Stone's movie 'JFK' in the early 1990's. I was provided with further details of this case at JFK Lancer's November in Dallas conference in 2003 by Bob Dorff and Jim Olivier. Although I was aware of the publication of the first edition in 2016, it was the authors Skype link to Dealey Plaza U.K. in 2020 that really drew me to obtain a signed copy of his second edition direct from Dr. Michael Marcades.
Although this is a real life biography of his mother, a work that has involved decades long research, 'Rose Cherami: Gathering Fallen Petals' contains fictional dialog to assist the flow of this harrowing life story, but with a solid factual base. In that respect, this book is somewhat unique in comparison to other books in the JFK assassination canon, unless we include the Warren Report.
Joan Mellen's back cover review warns readers to 'expect nightmares'. 'Crit' had a short life spent with alcoholism, prostitution, heroin addiction, multiple police arrests, imprisonment, hospitalisations and involvements with organised criminal enterprises, as well as her inability to look after her son Michael.
I think that it is the way this story has been starkly written that makes it hard to lose sympathy and understanding with the character of 'Rose Cheramie'.
As regards the JFK assassination involvement she can be included along with Joseph Milteer, who seemed to possess fore knowledge of JFK's killing. Her knowledge of Ruby and Oswald (or possibly an Oswald double) similar to Beverley Oliver, stands on solid foundations. A further revelation is her final demise, a far more frightening scenario than the opening scene in Stone's movie.
However, leaving the JFK aspect to one side, this book stands testimony to a woman who just had to keep on keeping on throughout her long and crazy escapades. The result is a compulsive page turner!

Did the book produce revelations or evidence

1 minute ago, Calvin Ye said:

Did the book produce revelations or evidence

Calvin, If you are referring to revelations in the JFK case then I don't think you will find anything that we don't know already from the Garrison probe, nor does Dr. Marcades bring any evidence of who finally killed his mother, and that killing may not relate to the JFK case.

The book does contain much detail of the Cheramie biography i.e. the many institutions/prisons/hospitals etc where Rose was sent.

2 hours ago, Pete Mellor said:

Calvin, If you are referring to revelations in the JFK case then I don't think you will find anything that we don't know already from the Garrison probe, nor does Dr. Marcades bring any evidence of who finally killed his mother, and that killing may not relate to the JFK case.

The book does contain much detail of the Cheramie biography i.e. the many institutions/prisons/hospitals etc where Rose was sent.

What was the most telling and shocking moments of the book

Calvin, do you not visit Kennedys and king?  I reviewed this three months ago. My review got Litwin so upset he spent a week trying to discredit her and  me. It was the usual gasbag passing.

https://www.kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-reviews/the-woman-who-predicted-jfk-s-assassination

Edited by James DiEugenio

27 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

Calvin, do you not visit Kennedys and king?  I reviewed this three months ago. My review got Litwin so upset he spent a week trying to discredit her and  me. It was the usual gasbag passing.

https://www.kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-reviews/the-woman-who-predicted-jfk-s-assassination

I read your review and it was interesting.

7 hours ago, Calvin Ye said:

What was the most telling and shocking moments of the book

I was most taken with her eventual demise, dumped on a side road with a gunshot wound to the head.  The who & why questions can only be surmised.

Without doubt 'Gathering Fallen Petals' is a fascinating read.

Just read Jim Di's review.

As always, interesting and enlightening.

Sad story regards Rose.  Really sad.

Life in America is not easy and a continuous struggle for so many ( at least half imo ) and has always been that way.

Poverty, environment, what you are born with physically and emotionally, who you are born to, the times you are born in, where and how you are raised as a child, emotional and physical trauma, abuse, who you hook up with, just good or bad luck, fate, you name it.

And in Melba Marcades case and millions of others like her the big "drug addiction demon" (alcohol included) that almost always is the final blow that destroys them and their daily lives.

Regards the Rose Cherami story:

Through all the research study and papers and articles and books and conferences and talks and presentations and investigative efforts (even government organized ones) every person who cares about the JFK truth must still decide and determine what he or she believes is the truth based finally on their own life experience learned common sense logic and gut feeling instincts through it all.

This includes reading about and evaluating personal testimony stories of what some may consider "fringe" characters like Rose Cherami's.

Which I believe have true value in helping me come to a final personal conclusion regards the JFK event.

Off and on, like most Americans, I have been around alcohol and drug addicted and addled people all my life. I have found that they often state things more openly and truthfully than so-called straight and together and higher standing people.

They lose the inhibitions and proper behavior filters and boundaries that often keep most people from telling the full truths, raw truths they may be afraid of stating for many reasons. 

When drunk or drugged, they're the ones who will tell someone what they really think of them, no holds barred. "you know something boss... hic ... YOU'RE AN ASS HOLE!"

Or publicly expose bad things they have done, etc.

If you have a secret that you don't want out, beware the addiction afflicted person that may know of your secret.

However, if it weren't for the testimonies of people like Melba Marcades in millions of court legal proceedings half of all convictions would not occur.

Oliver Stone himself has stated this same proposition.  Vincent Bugliosi wouldn't have convicted the Manson family were it not for the testimony of many street people with criminal and drug offense records in that case.

I believe the Rose Cheramis of this world as much as the so-called together people who I have found hold back far too much. I believe the Rose Cheramis more than the E. Howard Hunts, David Phillips, Frank Sturgiss, and countless other government officials who we know lied so much as a daily matter of their career lives.

Louisiana state police officer Francis Fruge and his recollection statements and claims about his interactions with Rose, especially after she was released from the hospital, also convinced me  ( like Fruge ) that Rose was truthful in most of what she had been stating and claiming all along. 

Other "more to the Oswald lone nut and Ruby lone looney findings" personal testimony stories I also believe besides the Rose Cherami one are Sylvia Odio's, Seth Kantor's, Albert Bogard's, Carolyn Walther's, Arnold Rowland's, Roger Craig's, Abraham Boldin's, John Stringer's, Paul O'Conner's, Dennis David's and so many others.

Rose "Melba Marcades" Cherami and her JFK premonition story as well as her personal tough life story are important and even poignant in many meaningful ways. I gather her son's book does a good job of revealing this in an interesting read way.

Edited by Joe Bauer