The Education Forum

RIP Mort Sahl

Kudos to the late Mort Sahl for his sacrifices on behalf of President Kennedy. Sahl said in Robert B. Weide's 1989 PBS American Masters documentary about him, MORT SAHL: THE LOYAL OPPOSITION, "The social democrats in this country have a lot of guilt. They didn’t stand up to Vietnam. They didn't stand up to the encroachment of the intelligence community. And they walked away from Jack Kennedy. The most they could come up with after he was shot in the street like a dog was to say, 'He wasn’t that good a president anyway.' Yeah, let me tell you, he had a strange group of friends. Remarkably absent when he fell."

He gave his all to the JFK truth mission the rest of his life from 11,22,1963 to his dying day.

Risked his career, everything.

The surviving Kennedy's should light a candle out of respect for what Mort Sahl gave up in trying to find justice for JFK.

16 hours ago, Joseph McBride said:

Kudos to the late Mort Sahl for his sacrifices on behalf of President Kennedy. Sahl said in Robert B. Weide's 1989 PBS American Masters documentary about him, MORT SAHL: THE LOYAL OPPOSITION, "The social democrats in this country have a lot of guilt. They didn’t stand up to Vietnam. They didn't stand up to the encroachment of the intelligence community. And they walked away from Jack Kennedy. The most they could come up with after he was shot in the street like a dog was to say, 'He wasn’t that good a president anyway.' Yeah, let me tell you, he had a strange group of friends. Remarkably absent when he fell."

Things have gotten worse since 1989.

The Donks, and allied media, have embraced and become embedded into the national security state---and even want to enlarge, and increase censorship of social media. 

When the Donks link arms with Liz Cheney...you know it the game is over.  The ninth inning was played a few hours back, and we are in the parking lots now. 

See the Biden Administration and the release of JFK docs? I would call the Biden Administration explanation about why the JFK docs are not being released "pure excrement"---but excrement is useful as fertilizer, and I do not wish to denigrate excrement. 

I just viewed the Sahl documentary and read your review JM.

It's 4 in the morning here on the California Coast.

I'm in that "not enough sleep" mentally deficient twilight zone right now, so I'll wait until later today to comment further. However, just off the top of my sleepy head, the documentary is brilliant. And your review a good and clear summation imo.

I just hope many here will take the time to view both.

If you want something to feed your JFK truth seeking appetite this is gourmet stuff.

On 10/27/2021 at 11:00 PM, Joseph McBride said:

Robert Weide in tribute to Mort Sahl has made

his hard-to-see documentary MORT SAHL: THE LOYAL OPPOSITION available for free

for one week on Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/364958125

Well...Joe Kennedy threatening to close the hungry i nightclub in San Francisco because Mort was still criticizing President Kennedy, and then the IRS hitting the owner with a $490,000 tax bill and closing the club two months later...that's right out of the bootlegger playbook.

Won't sell our brand of beer?  Law alerted.  Speakeasy shut down.

Segment starts c. 43.00.

Edited by David Andrews

On 10/27/2021 at 10:00 PM, Joseph McBride said:

Bump, before it runs out.  Only half done myself but historical and funny, well worth the time.

On 10/27/2021 at 10:00 PM, Joseph McBride said:

Last chance if you missed it.  Again, well worth the time.

On 10/28/2021 at 9:32 AM, David Andrews said:

Well...Joe Kennedy threatening to close the hungry i nightclub in San Francisco because Mort was still criticizing President Kennedy, and then the IRS hitting the owner with a $490,000 tax bill and closing the club two months later...that's right out of the bootlegger playbook.

Won't sell our brand of beer?  Law alerted.  Speakeasy shut down.

Segment starts c. 43.00.

Maybe Joe Kennedy did that, but he was no bootlegger.

3 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

Maybe Joe Kennedy did that, but he was no bootlegger.

Did Joe have the pull at the IRS/Treasury to do that?  IDK but I don't think so.  I agree he was no bootlegger.  Who does that leave to sabotage Mr. Sahl's  career, for what reason, other than criticizing the warren not report? 

FDR's logic in appointing old Joe as SEC chairman was, reportedly, "Set a thief to catch a thief."  The rutting old pr*ck made Erich von Stroheim a cuckold decades before Billy Wilder did (on film in Sunset Boulevard) by stealing Gloria Swanson away and hiring the then-unemployable von Stroheim to direct her in Queen Kelly (1929), a film von Stroheim proceeded to sabotage to the extremis of his talent for perversity.

Really, in a world where GHW Bush invaded Panama to cover his own involvement in international drug trafficking and money laundering, mere bootlegging was beyond Joe Kennedy because his sons were handsome and idealistic?

Edited by David Andrews