The Education Forum

Documents released 12/15/21

Steve Thomas

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty interesting eh?

What this proves even further is what I determined from reading the last batch of docs on this. The CIA was going nuts trying to figure out 1.) If Oswald was there, and 2.) If so, how the heck he got there.

It is looking more and more like the whole thing about the bus rides back and down were pasted together by Echeverria and Ochoa for the CIA and that Hoover essentially discovered this was ersatz.  But he decided to go along with it rather than rock the boat. Meanwhile Angleton and Rocca were isolating Duran and Elena to set up this phony scenario about Oswald being at a twist party in cahoots with Cuba.

In the Garrison release, it turns out the Stern family had been CIA cleared in the fifties.

Helps explain why they were big backers of Shaw and why they let Sheridan use their TV station WDSU for the NBC hatchet job.

2 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Pretty interesting eh?

What this proves even further is what I determined from reading the last batch of docs on this. The CIA was going nuts trying to figure out 1.) If Oswald was there, and 2.) If so, how the heck he got there.

Jim,

In this particular document, I was interested in the part about Oswald, "claiming to be a photographer".

This is the first time I've heard about that, and it raises a couple of questions:

a) how did they know he was claiming to be a photographer; and,

b) he must have had some photographic equipment with him in order to prove his bona fides.

c) If he had a camera or cameras with him, where are the pictures?

Steve Thomas

Steve:

Do you really think this was Oswald?

Dave:

This is part of the Slawson follow up report to Willens.

That report assumed Oswald was in Mexico City.

Slawson and Coleman were stonewalled by Echeverria. We know that from Shenon's book.

I see no reason to trust either Slawson on the one side, or Echeverria and Ochoa on the other..

And I certainly do not think Oswald drove a car to Mexico City, or posed as a photographer.  As to the whole question around whether he was at the Hotel Del Comercio that is  quite controversial, as is the signature. 

Edited by James DiEugenio