The Education Forum

David Mamet to direct "2/Days/1963" about Sam Giancana's Role in JFK's Murder

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Douglas Caddy changed the title to David Mamet to direct "2/Days/1963" about Sam Giancana's Role in JFK's Murder
1 hour ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Weirdly, I started a thread about this a couple weeks ago, and not a single person replied. I was entertained by Oliver Stone's take on the subject, but I'm eager to see what a director of Mamet's caliber will do with it.

Edited by Jonathan Cohen

The JFK film Mamet refers to that had Kate Blanchette signed onto 10 years ago had a working title - "Blackbird."

It was so close to greenlighting. It was mentioned in "Variety."

The premise was something like Blanchette ( an Australian I believe-which she is ) returns to America to settle the affairs of a late uncle ( or great uncle?) who happened to be one of the best makeup/special effects film men of his era.

In going through her uncle's estate she discovers he had something to do with the JFK assassination relative to the use of his mastered skills.

I was really upset when it was reported that the production fell through.

What a loss.

I also have been saddened that a film about the Super NY CITY based celebrity columnist Dorothy Kilgallen was never made. Starring Meryl Streep.

What a story that would be. Ending with Kilgallen's sinister murder just before she was "going to crack the Jack Ruby story wide open."

38 minutes ago, Lawrence Schnapf said:

John Davis developed some compelling evidence that Marcello was behind the assassination with has been supplemented by Lamar Waldron.   

What items of evidence do you find most compelling that support that Marcello was behind the assassination? 

I’ve always thought that the mob could have operated as contractors similar to the Castro plots, but I’m skeptical of the idea that Marcello alone could have set up  Oswald and orchestrated an elaborate  cover-up. 

I was intrigued by your recent comments on Black Op Radio about still-withheld FBI mafia files though, and am interested in learning more about mob involvement. 

I think that who ever set it up, the cover-up proces  by FBI, CIA, etc would be there anyway. 

All of the agencies had been in contact with Oswald (one way or another, long or short term), and given his background.

Pat has written some good stuff on what agency covered up for what reason, they all had misc.  .

Especially the FBI had a bunch of reason's to be ashamed (not knowing what was going on in Mexico, Hosty being almost buddies with Marina, Oswald writing a (real or fake) letter to the FBI, etc.

CIA wanted to cover-up... well...it's kinda in their genetics... but now they were taken in their own game... oops...

The mob would have gone after Robert (well... unfortunately... etc).

And within the USA I'd go after the military complex combined with oil-industry.

Edited by Jean Paul Ceulemans

2 hours ago, Tom Gram said:

What items of evidence do you find most compelling that support that Marcello was behind the assassination? 

I’ve always thought that the mob could have operated as contractors similar to the Castro plots, but I’m skeptical of the idea that Marcello alone could have set up  Oswald and orchestrated an elaborate  cover-up. 

I was intrigued by your recent comments on Black Op Radio about still-withheld FBI mafia files though, and am interested in learning more about mob involvement. 

Tom: As I recall, Waldron's take is the government covered up for the mob in order to hide their ties with them and that's reason enough for them to coverup.

Jim Di had lunch with David Mamet and Oliver Stone not too long ago.

Wonder if this project came up during their get together?

12 hours ago, Lawrence Schnapf said:

John Davis developed some compelling evidence that Marcello was behind the assassination with has been supplemented by Lamar Waldron.   

6/19/61-BROWNSVILLE, TEXAS - Carlos Marcello, alleged former boss of New Orleans underworld, talks with Border Patrol Inspector Les Hasker at International Airport here 6/19 noon prior to flying to New Orleans via Houston. It is reported that Marcello will be released on bail while awaiting deportation hearings in New Orleans, set for 6/29. (UPI TELEPHOTO)
May be an image of 2 people

Cold blooded murderers those Mafia Dons.

Murder was their business.

Their ultimate power acquiring tool.

And they (dozens of them all across America) got away with this most diabolical deed ( by the thousands) ... for decades!

Our highest level law enforcement agencies could not significantly diminish their influence, wealth and power all that time?

J. Edgar Hoover...hello! Where are you?

Edited by Joe Bauer

Mamet did not mention this at all during our lunch.

So odds are it came up later.

Please with Lamar Waldron 🥵

https://www.kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-reviews/ultimate-sacrifice

https://www.kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-reviews/legacy-of-secrecy-by-lamar-waldron-with-thom-hartmann

Edited by James DiEugenio

What is odd about this is that the Mob did it guys usually accent Trafficante and Marcello.  Not Giancana. 

I mean this must be an extension of that fairy tale Double Cross.  Which even Bob Blakey found unsatisfactory.  I mean the idea that Bobby Kennedy was going to be called off of Giancana after he had pursued him for years on end, making fun of him in the senate, and even having four FBI guys follow him around a golf course, to the point Giancana complained to a judge, I mean that is science fiction.

https://www.kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-reviews/matt-stevenson-counterpunch-and-double-cross

If you read this you will see that, according to the statistical tally, the thesis of the fairy tale, more votes for Kennedy, is not accurate. But the MSM is so eager to grasp at this kind of sensationalistic crap they they accept it without analysis.  And you will see that the other thesis, about Giancana owning the contract for Monroe, was also false. 

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

I read part of one of Waldron’s books, and it was so atrocious on New Orleans I almost couldn’t believe it. He basically just told the reader to just trust him that Oswald was working for Marcello, and used dubious if not fully discredited sources repeatedly as if their word was gospel. It was awful. 

I also question the credibility of an incarcerated mob super-boss suddenly deciding to spill the beans on the JFKA over twenty years later after befriending his lowly cellmate. Is it not more likely that Marcello either: a) was full of it; or b) knew he was being bugged and decided to have some fun? I’m open to some of his revelations being legitimate if they can be independently corroborated, but I’d need some seriously compelling evidence to really buy into the idea that Marcello could have orchestrated the assassination beyond being some sort of low-level asset.

The impression I got of Waldron is that he views the mob angle as more marketable than anything suggesting government involvement. His approach to the evidence, from the bit I’ve read, is biased as all hell; and it seems like he’s a lot more interested in (literally) selling his theory than accuracy, IMO. 

Edited by Tom Gram

Waldron insinuated that he had those CAMTEX documents first.

He did not.

The legendary Peter Vea sent them to me years before.  Its pretty clear that Marcello was suffering from dementia.  The guards said how weird he was acting, and by the time he was released, he was out of it. 

The other big thing that Gus Russo was using, the BRILAB tapes, that ended up being a dry well.  John Volz told me that he had an ace agent listen to those, and he said there was nothing there about the JFK case of any relevancy.  Then Jeremy Gunn sent me some of the actual tapes he had heard that further made the point.

And then there was Ragano with Trafficante driving to meet him over 200 miles away while on kidney dialysis with a bag.

These guys never give up though, no. matter how many times they are beaten down.

The Giancana family simply found a meal ticket because the MSM bought into that pile of sludge. They even included Exner.